Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,957 members, 7,814,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa (14163 Views)

The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West / Visit To The BEACHSIDES Of The West Coast (pacific Ocean) Of The US. / Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by 900warriorz: 5:09pm On Feb 29
My Body dey naija now...but my mind dey Yankee

Money no dey else manchi for don dey jand cry
Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by PastorOlokonla: 5:09pm On Feb 29
I enjoyed Nigeria more after I Japad. I will be coming back to live part-time in Nigeria again after 15 years of Japa.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by famuy35: 5:11pm On Feb 29
Japa-land (https://japaland.com/) is a platform I came across that aims to create a network of Nigerian communities for individuals moving overseas, providing a space for them to connect with established communities in their new surroundings, settle and stay in touch with Nigeria. I think its a great idea!

1 Like

Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by MrBroke(m): 5:16pm On Feb 29
Mind in Africa body in Africa. Na my villiage b dis, West na 4 visit nothing dey there grin

1 Like

Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by Bassmetrics: 5:23pm On Feb 29
Japa! The word on the lips of many youths today.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by Skillsnigeria: 5:35pm On Feb 29
Hmmm
Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by PDJT: 5:42pm On Feb 29
MrBroke:
Mind in Africa body in Africa. Na my villiage b dis, West na 4 visit nothing dey there grin

-My second wife said as much, but now she is dragging UK settlement application form with my kids. grin

-We know your type. Shebi your country elites and their children that have permanent residency in Europe and the USA no get sense. cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by RodgersAkpafu: 5:45pm On Feb 29
Lasbaba:
I wasn't against japa. Migration is as old as man. But if the best among us in term of skills are japaing for greener pasture, there is fire on the mountain.

Indeed
Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by Entusky(m): 5:47pm On Feb 29
We go japa leave naija for those ppl wey say dem born dem to rule, after dem don occupy all d major political appointment
We go dey shout "marginalisation oo!!"
Why not stay nd fight those wicked politicians?
Why not apply for the armed forces en masse nd all d security personel? so dat wan dey oppurtunity go cum for dat "THING"
why not use dat money for japa take start even if na from counsellor of ur ward.
Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by RodgersAkpafu: 5:49pm On Feb 29
Nword22:
You Nigerians should take your bad attitude and stay over.
We don't want low life mentality abroad.. darkness has finished you guys.
What is this one saying

1 Like

Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by faceland: 6:02pm On Feb 29
It's not a curse and just a fact... Things are going to get worst generally.

That doesn't mean many wouldn't still prosper, build houses, buy cars, marry more wives.
Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by faceland: 6:07pm On Feb 29
All human race originated here in Africa, they got feed up and ran away.

My brother, if you can run away, their is something better.

How can anything work when we put people with ape 🐒 mentality in positions of authority ⁉️
Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by MrBroke(m): 6:19pm On Feb 29
PDJT:

-My second wife said as much, but now she is dragging UK settlement application form with my kids. grin

-We know your type. Shebi your country elites and their children that have permanent residency in Europe and the USA no get sense. cheesy

If i wan japa I for don japa na.
Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by ADSP116(m): 6:41pm On Feb 29
See the last born of queen Elizabeth on the beat
Nword22:
You Nigerians should take your bad attitude and stay over.
We don't want low life mentality abroad.. darkness has finished you guys.
Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by PDJT: 6:42pm On Feb 29
MrBroke:

If i wan japa I for don japa na.

-You do not have to. Nigeria needs MrBroke, MrBroke needs Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by sylve11: 7:03pm On Feb 29
Lasbaba:
In 1999, two stowaway teenagers from Guinea, Koita Yaguine and Tounkara Fode embarked on a deadly trip to ‘Europe or die’ in order to escape terror leaders at home. Unfortunately for these teenagers, they died a cruel death in the landing gear of Sabena Airlines Airbus before the plane landed in Belgium.

In a letter that was found in their pocket, it reads “To the Excellencies and officials of Europe: We suffer enormously in Africa. Help us. We have problems in Africa. We lack rights as children. We have war and illness, we lack food. . . . We want to study, and ask you to help us to study so that we can be like you, in Africa schools”.

Had it been those teenagers made it alive, they would not had regretted their actions given the state of the continent.

Paul Collier captures it better when he says, “development is about giving hope to ordinary people that their children will live in a society that has caught up with the rest of the world. Take that hope away and the smart people will use their energies not to develop their society but to escape from it.”

Many African youths are physically living in Africa , but their minds are in far away Europe. Their fatherland is not ‘fathering’ their future; their beloved motherland is now murdering their dreams. Many are no longer at ease with the land they called homeland.

They have lost the passion, they have lost the hope in the continent.

There was a time “Barsa Wa Bala”, a wolof language, meaning “Barcelona or die” was in vogue in Senegal. The Senegalese youths believed it was better to die on the journey to Europe than under hopeless and unfavorable conditions at home.

Today, in Nigeria “japa” meaning to leave one’s home country in search of greener pasture in foreign land, is on the gyrating lips of many young Nigerians. People sell their property; they left their parents to loneliness and longing and family to “japa”. The race is to the Northern hemisphere . The energy is to secure a seat on the next flight going to Europe. Their savings are targeted to getting a visa. Some sold their property to Japa. Their prayers and fasting geared towards their visa application. They are investing half of their body features on securing a visa to Europe. It is now a blessing and a call to celebration to land at an airport in Europe.

What is worse: most of the continent leavers are skillful and energetic youths. For a continent that needs its resourceful and energetic youths to be a prosperous continent losing these youths without addressing the underlying problems is saddening. These youths have exhausted their endurance. They do not see their dreams becoming a reality.

Nice piece! cool
Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by MrBroke(m): 7:43pm On Feb 29
PDJT:

-You do not have to. Nigeria needs MrBroke, MrBroke needs Nigeria.

Exactly o.
Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by rapheal5(m): 8:07pm On Feb 29
And for those wey don japa make una try dey remember una family and friends. kindly listen to my new track Ebi npa wa, I wrote this song out of depressed mind and I hope it touches the heart of good people to help those in need. Let's spread love, people are starving, crying and dieing every day...
It's the voice of the masses.. leave a comment pls..
https://audiomack.com/el-raphel/song/hardship-ebi-npa-wa
Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by TheBillyonaire: 8:22pm On Feb 29
If only they know what being a free range human in a tax farm means. People are ignorant of what being a modern day mind-controlled bills slave is.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by Panda7(m): 8:45pm On Feb 29
Lasbaba:
In 1999, two stowaway teenagers from Guinea, Koita Yaguine and Tounkara Fode embarked on a deadly trip to ‘Europe or die’ in order to escape terror leaders at home. Unfortunately for these teenagers, they died a cruel death in the landing gear of Sabena Airlines Airbus before the plane landed in Belgium.

In a letter that was found in their pocket, it reads “To the Excellencies and officials of Europe: We suffer enormously in Africa. Help us. We have problems in Africa. We lack rights as children. We have war and illness, we lack food. . . . We want to study, and ask you to help us to study so that we can be like you, in Africa schools”.

Had it been those teenagers made it alive, they would not had regretted their actions given the state of the continent.

Paul Collier captures it better when he says, “development is about giving hope to ordinary people that their children will live in a society that has caught up with the rest of the world. Take that hope away and the smart people will use their energies not to develop their society but to escape from it.”

Many African youths are physically living in Africa , but their minds are in far away Europe. Their fatherland is not ‘fathering’ their future; their beloved motherland is now murdering their dreams. Many are no longer at ease with the land they called homeland.

They have lost the passion, they have lost the hope in the continent.

There was a time “Barsa Wa Bala”, a wolof language, meaning “Barcelona or die” was in vogue in Senegal. The Senegalese youths believed it was better to die on the journey to Europe than under hopeless and unfavorable conditions at home.

Today, in Nigeria “japa” meaning to leave one’s home country in search of greener pasture in foreign land, is on the gyrating lips of many young Nigerians. People sell their property; they left their parents to loneliness and longing and family to “japa”. The race is to the Northern hemisphere . The energy is to secure a seat on the next flight going to Europe. Their savings are targeted to getting a visa. Some sold their property to Japa. Their prayers and fasting geared towards their visa application. They are investing half of their body features on securing a visa to Europe. It is now a blessing and a call to celebration to land at an airport in Europe.

What is worse: most of the continent leavers are skillful and energetic youths. For a continent that needs its resourceful and energetic youths to be a prosperous continent losing these youths without addressing the underlying problems is saddening. These youths have exhausted their endurance. They do not see their dreams becoming a reality.

while you are leaving, the interview question is always "why" are you leaving" and I believe that would truly help your employers.
Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by IbeOkehie: 12:25am On Mar 01
I miss the robust arguments against migration by the Anti-Jakpa Crew. I don't understand why they've all run away. Just when I was thinking of moving back to Nigeria again. smiley

Where is AhibOil&Gas? Sihamey, Tadadobe, Treadway and of course their leader Sukkot. And the very first one I read that made me take note of Nairaland, Ozoemeka?

https://www.nairaland.com/1458034/want-come-america-really-know

https://www.nairaland.com/71829/nigerians-diaspora-carry-sh-t/2

https://www.nairaland.com/1011112/nigerians-diaspora-it-really-still/22

https://www.nairaland.com/7426508/why-there-no-point-going

https://www.nairaland.com/7645785/thinking-relocating-back-nigeria-canada

Nigerians need your reassurance in this....ahem, let's say...unusual time of their national history.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by Nemesis08(m): 12:37am On Mar 01
Even the leaders too do Japa, Buhari to London, Tinubu to Paris etc.
BigDawsNet:
Why pikin does days dey go neighbor house to watch movie or cartoon?

Because dere parent couldn't provide them TV in dia own home...

The Nigeria Youth will always run away or japa from Nigeria until the government make home comfortable place to live and start a family...

Insecurities
Lack of electricity
Bad roads
Lack of jobs
Inflation
Lack of basic amenities...

If they decide not to tackle all these issues... Nigerians will keep running away

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by eepeepook: 2:06am On Mar 01
From the same writer who brought you Campus Life: Married In School, Single At Home. Another topic Nairaland will post every other month for the next eight years.

No wonder reasonable topics don’t make front page in this trash heap. The moderators wait for months so they get traction. Anybody with half a brain can identify a good subject from the first sentence. IQs here are too low.
Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by IbeOkehie: 5:40am On Mar 01
eepeepook:
From the same writer who brought you Campus Life: Married In School, Single At Home. Another topic Nairaland will post every other month for the next eight years.

No wonder reasonable topics don’t make front page in this trash heap. The moderators wait for months so they get traction. Anybody with half a brain can identify a good subject from the first sentence. IQs here are too low.

This topic is what brought me to Nairaland. Please leave it for us. It's stress relief grin

Good Luck to Nigeria.
Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by pacespot(m): 7:36am On Mar 01
eepeepook:
Africa is a young continent. Of course young people will seek opportunities in better lands. This is no surprise. Asians do the same. There is no reason why we should act different.

This is a slavery mentality you just exude in your post. "Africa has young population" but do you realize people will not remain youthful forever?

The people who are 20 years old today will be 40 in 20 years' time, those who are 30 will be 50, those who are 40 will be 60.

Africa is the most disadvantaged today because the system that can maximize the productive energies of these young people is grossly lacking in the continent, hence the mass flight to Europe and North America
Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by AngelicBeing: 9:11am On Mar 01
IbeOkehie:
I miss the robust arguments against migration by the Anti-Jakpa Crew. I don't understand why they've all run away. Just when I was thinking of moving back to Nigeria again. smiley

Where is AhibOil&Gas? Sihamey, Tadadobe, Treadway and of course their leader Sukkot. And the very first one I read that made me take note of Nairaland, Ozoemeka?

https://www.nairaland.com/1458034/want-come-america-really-know

https://www.nairaland.com/71829/nigerians-diaspora-carry-sh-t/2

https://www.nairaland.com/1011112/nigerians-diaspora-it-really-still/22

https://www.nairaland.com/7426508/why-there-no-point-going

https://www.nairaland.com/7645785/thinking-relocating-back-nigeria-canada

Nigerians need your reassurance in this....ahem, let's say...unusual time of their national history.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Sukkot is currently on the payroll of Governor Sanwolu of Lagos State/ Apc government, a reliable grapevine at Alausa whispered to me that Sukkot is a PA in charge of tourism development in lekki Victoria lsland, VGC and Banana lsland and he is also a Spiritual adviser to lagos state government via stargazing , sukkot is already swimming in billions and he wants to empower youth to stay behind rather than go to the West cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by Raalsalghul: 9:33am On Mar 01
Unfortunately these youths do not learn.

Many will still go on to procreate even with the hopeless situation on this continent.

The black man has failed in all ramifications.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by Kaycee54321(m): 12:06pm On Mar 01
Duelee:
As at 4:44 pm FEB 29TH, 2024, the members population of this forum stands at 3,135,676 nairalanders.

Given the terrible fire blazing in this mountain called Nigeria it's wise, acceptable, and highly brilliant that we sponsor each other to afford the great escape before the blistering eruption of the whole system.

A mere token of 1k from the 3M people abound here would go around to make Japa affordable for erstwhile hopeless japarians.

I'll not go first Nah kiss

And I'd not go last either.

However, after Mr righteousness opens the door of this great escape, closely followed by false prophet, slawmorri, I'd be the number 4th person to be sponsored. And before you say Jack Robinson about the whole number of us would have, should have, or could have gone away from this corntree.

Nice idea huh? tongue 😜😜😜😉😉

Lmao. I seriously used to think like this.

And 100 Naira by 3M people is 300M - more than enough for your japa move.

Thing is, humans being humans, e go shock you say person wey you give 300M no go gree drop e own 100 Naira when it's their turn.

They will be too busy to return calls or texts 😂

E be things.
Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by IbeOkehie: 12:23pm On Mar 01
AngelicBeing:
Sukkot is currently on the payroll of Governor Sanwolu of Lagos State/ Apc government, a reliable grapevine at Alausa whispered to me that Sukkot is a PA in charge of tourism development in lekki Victoria lsland, VGC and Banana lsland and he is also a Spiritual adviser to lagos state government via stargazing , sukkot is already swimming in billions and he wants to empower youth to stay behind rather than go to the West cheesy

Wow...the guy is busy for sure!

Time for me to leave my security guard job and go and wash dead bodies at the mortuary. I wonder if Oga Sukkot can help me out with a job in Nigeria? I'm tired of washing Oyibo arse. At least in Nigeria I can be a 1st Class citizen.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by OkanlawonB(m): 12:24pm On Mar 01
Raalsalghul:
Unfortunately these youths do not learn.

Many will still go on to procreate even with the hopeless situation on this continent.

The black man has failed in all ramifications.

This your reckless display of ill mannerism for daring to call a whole black race a failure simply confirms that you and your relatives are a big failure and a disgrace for not teaching you good mannerism.

There are black people both at home and away doing laudable things for themselves and their communities
Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by Love800(m): 12:30pm On Mar 01
What about food business?
Lalami3232:
If you can Japa, oga/madam pls Japa and go for the money, then you can come back here to invest. I support Japa with my full chest because the government no dey give us any valid hope for sticking around.
But abeg before you Japa, learn a lucrative skill so that you won't go there to be washing plates upandan (even though such minial job pays). Try to learn truck driving, plumbing, weaving/braiding of hair or programming.
With either of these skills, obodoyibo go sweet you. For me sha, I will always advise you to go for tech and thank me later when you leave.
What do I even know sef aside enlightening my fellow men nationwide.

Oga if you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes aka non-virgins can't be trusted
Re: Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa by AngelicBeing: 1:02pm On Mar 01
IbeOkehie:

Wow...the guy is busy for sure!

Time for me to leave my security guard job and go and wash dead bodies at the mortuary. I wonder if Oga Sukkot can help me out with a job in Nigeria? I'm tired of washing Oyibo arse. At least in Nigeria I can be a 1st Class citizen.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Sukkot can help you with a job via his Alausa connection but don't go to Nigeria at the moment oo, Apc has inflicted famine and hardship on the populace, let me head back to planet Jupiter were l currently residecheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Operation Panther: FRSC Records 1,975 Arrests In 11 Days / Businessmen Going To Market Involved In Accident In Yobe, 1 Dead, 18 Injured / Any Nairalander Here In Croatia?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.