Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,167 members, 7,835,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics (16326 Views)

5 Nigerians Who Have Played Under Peseiro / NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach / Is Like Mourinho Is Mad - Conte (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by uniquetechng: 1:09pm On Jan 30
Agboriotejoye:

Klopp played professionally. Where did you watch Ten Hag. I want to believe it was not in Nigeria.
Witsel starts as a midfielder then reverts into CB position. He played as a midfielder in Dortmund. But that's not a problem. It is generally agreed that Simeone uses 5 at the back sometimes. Simeone is not exactly the coach that comes to mind when talking about good football I hope you'll agree.
Ten Hag played for Utrecht and Twenty, maybe you never had the opportunity to watch Eredivisie in the 90s or you were too young, I started following the league because of Finidi before he was joined by Kanu and I was a huge Ajax fan at the time.
I didn't watch Klopp but I watched Conte, Allegri, Guardiola, Enrique, Pochetino ( was teammates with Okocha and Arteta), Simone, Izaghi, Deschump, Zidane, Koeman, and many others.

I was trying to point out to the other person that Simone dont play fancy football he was arguing, at Dortmund Witsel played in his natural position as a DM but since arriving ATM Simone has had to use him as a CB because he can't bench Koke in that DM role.

I had to go back to matches of 2020 to show him that ATM has been playing 5 at the back long before Witsel was signed.
Tuchel deployed the same 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 formation at Chelsea.
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:23pm On Jan 30
uniquetechng:
Ten Hag played for Utrecht and Twenty, maybe you never had the opportunity to watch Eredivisie in the 90s or you were too young, I started following the league because of Finidi before he was joined by Kanu and I was a huge Ajax fan at the time.
I didn't watch Klopp but I watched Conte, Allegri, Guardiola, Enrique, Pochetino ( was teammates with Okocha and Arteta), Simone, Izaghi, Deschump, Zidane, Koeman, and many others.

I was trying to point out to the other person that Simone dont play fancy football he was arguing, at Dortmund Witsel played in his natural position as a DM but since arriving ATM Simone has had to use him as a CB because he can't bench Koke in that DM role.

I had to go back to matches of 2020 to show him that ATM has been playing 5 at the back long before Witsel was signed.
Tuchel deployed the same 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 formation at Chelsea.
Are you sure you watched Eredivisie in Nigeria in the 90s? What channel pls?
Tuchel plays 3-4-3 not 3-5-2
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by uniquetechng: 5:40pm On Jan 30
Agboriotejoye:

Are you sure you watched Eredivisie in Nigeria in the 90s? What channel pls?
Tuchel plays 3-4-3 not 3-5-2
Yes, even as far back as 1992 we were watching European Football show sponsored by Rothmans every Wednesday and Thursday nights, Serie A, Dutch League, Belgium Pro League, La Liga and Scottish Premier League matches were shown in full. Premier League wasn't popular at the time, I stayed awake all night to watch them and full matches were rebroadcast across Sports Programs on weekends on NTA2 Channel 5 as well as DBN anchored by Ebere Ibare, Deji Tinubu and Deji Omotoyigbo.
I lived in white men's quarters are Apapa in the 80s and 90s where we had big satellite.
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:16pm On Jan 30
uniquetechng:
Yes, even as far back as 1992 we were watching European Football show sponsored by Rothmans every Wednesday and Thursday nights, Serie A, Dutch League, Belgium Pro League, La Liga and Scottish Premier League matches were shown in full. Premier League wasn't popular at the time, I stayed awake all night to watch them and full matches were rebroadcast across Sports Programs on weekends on NTA2 Channel 5 as well as DBN anchored by Ebere Ibare, Deji Tinubu and Deji Omotoyigbo.
I lived in white men's quarters are Apapa in the 80s and 90s where we had big satellite.
Oga DBN never showed Eredivisie. European football shows was only for highlights.
The name you're referring to is Callistus Ebare.
Deji Omotoyinbo used to anchor Monday night football as well on ait.
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by Tesenak20: 8:30pm On Jan 30
uniquetechng:
. Very correct with respect to the Rothmans European Football show .

1 Like

Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by uniquetechng: 8:35pm On Jan 30
Agboriotejoye:

Oga DBN never showed Eredivisie. European football shows was only for highlights.
The name you're referring to is Callistus Ebare.
Deji Omotoyinbo used to anchor Monday night football as well on ait.
Go back to my comment, this time read it slowly.
And yes every week one match full were shown on Wednesday night and Thursday night on the European Football Show, except you were too young to stay awake to watch matches then.
Remember Ten Hag played till 2001, even the 1993 U17 World Cup, 1994 World Cup, 1994 Nations Cup, the 1994 UCL final, 1995 UCL final, the 1996 Euro hosted by England, 1996 Olympics in Atlanta , 1997 U 17 World Cupas well as the world Cup in France in 1998 I watched all in my house without stepping out.

By the time Ten hag retired in 2001 I was already in 300L in the university and my first son was 4 years.

How do you think we were able to watch Finidi George and Kanu at Ajax ?
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:39pm On Jan 30
uniquetechng:
Go back to my comment, this time read it slowly.
And yes every week one match full were shown on Wednesday night and Thursday night on the European Football Show, except you were too young to stay awake to watch matches then.
Remember Ten Hag played till 2001, even the 1993 U17 World Cup, 1994 World Cup, 1994 Nations Cup, the 1994 UCL final, 1995 UCL final, the 1996 Euro hosted by England, 1996 Olympics in Atlanta , 1997 U 17 World Cupas well as the world Cup in France in 1998 I watched all in my house without stepping out.

By the time Ten hag retired in 2001 I was already in 300L in the university and my first son was 4 years.

How do you think we were able to watch Finidi George and Kanu at Ajax ?
Finidi and Kanu played in Ajax in mid 1990s
Kanu left Ajax in 1996 after Olympics for Inter
What European football show was about is highlights
You mean you had kids while you were in 300L in Uni?
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by uniquetechng: 8:50pm On Jan 30
Agboriotejoye:

Finidi and Kanu played in Ajax in mid 1990s
Kanu left Ajax in 1996 after Olympics for Inter
What European football show was about is highlights
You mean you had kids while you were in 300L in Uni?
Finiidi signed for Ajax in 1993 and Kanu joined immediately after the U17 world in 1993, they didn't play mid 1990s as Kanu left for International immediately after the Atalanta 1996 while Finidi moved to Betis in Spain.
If you read my first comment you will see where I mentioned living in White men's quarters at Apapa where we had big satellite, and yeah seelected full matches were shown weekly on the European football show after highlights of matches across the leagues.

In my time getting admission to the University wasn't as easy as it's today, my son born before I got admission into the university.
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:56pm On Jan 30
uniquetechng:
Finiidi signed for Ajax in 1993 and Kanu joined immediately after the U17 world in 1993, they didn't play mid 1990s as Kanu left for International immediately after the Atalanta 1996 while Finidi moved to Betis in Spain.
If you read my first comment you will see where I mentioned living in White men's quarters at Apapa where we had big satellite, and yeah seelected full matches were shown weekly on the European football show after highlights of matches across the leagues.

In my time getting admission to the University wasn't as easy as it's today, my son born before I got admission into the university.
1995/96 is still mid 1990s.
You don't need to have big satellite to watch DBN, ait and mbi. Normal Yagi antenna will pick them then.
Ok you didn't get admission on time. I get you now.
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by uniquetechng: 9:07pm On Jan 30
Agboriotejoye:
1995/96 is still mid 1990s.
You don't need to have big satellite to watch DBN, ait and mbi. Normal Yagi antenna will pick them then.
Ok you didn't get admission on time. I get you now.
The satellite wasn't for DBN as DBN came on air in 1995.
You said they played for Ajax in mid 90s which wasn't correct as they left Ajax immediately after the 1995 UCL final loss to AC Milan.
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:17pm On Jan 30
uniquetechng:
The satellite wasn't for DBN as DBN came on air in 1995.
You said they played for Ajax in mid 90s which wasn't correct as they left Ajax immediately after the 1995 UCL final loss to AC Milan.
What was the satellite for?
Kanu left Ajax in 1996 not 1995 and same with Finidi
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by uniquetechng: 9:30pm On Jan 30
Agboriotejoye:

What was the satellite for?
Kanu left Ajax in 1996 not 1995 and same with Finidi
The Satellite was for reception of signal for transmission of their TVs and also for CDMA phones.
My grandfather was a US trained cook and was working for the whitemen, he was given a four bedroom apartment within the quarters, I grew up with till I left in 1999.
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by chinchum(m): 11:17pm On Jan 30
robosky02:

Till we play
Till we play...

Ivory Coast done fall

Cameroon done fall...

Who remain
Senegal and morroco done fall. Infact, Nigeria is the highest ranked team left in the last 8
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by chinchum(m): 11:32pm On Jan 30
Agboriotejoye:

You need five defenders to execute it. Though I agree the forwards must be fast also. But I don't agree that there are some special kinds of players who alone can undertake a five man defence.

I'm happy you agree Nigeria's focus has never been defensive solidity but rather attacking fluency.

The question now is if this is a paradigm shift in Nigerian football. I'm sure you'll agree to the contrary
the left &right back need to be on top of their game and track back as quickly as possible. They must be fast enough and have the right stamina and as a defender have goal scoring abilities.

The pattern for playing tourneys with an ultra defensive pattern while still dangerous at the final third more often get the result.

If Super Eagles take their chances at the final third more and bury clear chances, games will be won and results will be obtained. Nigeria is still creating clear cut chances even with the defensive style.

Nigeria had about 3 clear chances against Cameroon that they fail to score, at least one of that should have been scored. They were missed by Aina, Iwobi and Moses

Nigeria had 4 clear chances against equatorial guinea as well (1 missed by Zaidu, 3 by Osimhen). If Osimhen clicks with his finishing coupled with his assured work rate and the wingers especially get better with their cross deliveries especially Moses, we will score more goals.

I am discounting half chances we had.
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:57am On Jan 31
chinchum:
the left &right back need to be on top of their game and track back as quickly as possible. They must be fast enough and have the right stamina and as a defender have goal scoring abilities.

The pattern for playing tourneys with an ultra defensive pattern while still dangerous at the final third more often get the result.

If Super Eagles take their chances at the final third more and bury clear chances, games will be won and results will be obtained. Nigeria is still creating clear cut chances even with the defensive style.

Nigeria had about 3 clear chances against Cameroon that they fail to score, at least one of that should have been scored. They were missed by Aina, Iwobi and Moses

Nigeria had 4 clear chances against equatorial guinea as well (1 missed by Zaidu, 3 by Osimhen). If Osimhen clicks with his finishing coupled with his assured work rate and the wingers especially get better with their cross deliveries especially Moses, we will score more goals.

I am discounting half chances we had.
Left and right have to track back no matter the tactics
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by orohbiro(f): 8:59am On Jan 31
Wallade:
Even if Paseiro wins AFCON 2024, I still want him sacked. I don't think he is competent
Go sack am now
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by Wallade(m): 9:07am On Jan 31
orohbiro:
Go sack am now

E dry pain you?
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by BreconHills(m): 11:50am On Jan 31
Agboriotejoye:

It is simple to play and creats imbalance in the team's transition

Ola Aina and Bassey have been impressive defensively not offensively

Again, no one can claim Nigeria's play is as impressive as that of Senegal, Cabo Verde or Morocco`

Interesting - have you compared Ola Aina and Basseys assists to other full back in this competition or their
assists to expected goals?
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:28pm On Jan 31
BreconHills:

Interesting - have you compared Ola Aina and Basseys assists to other full back in this competition or their
assists to expected goals?
They have assists? Are you sure?
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by BreconHills(m): 2:05pm On Jan 31
Agboriotejoye:

They have assists? Are you sure?

Yes they do.
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:37pm On Jan 31
BreconHills:

Yes they do.
How many
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by BreconHills(m): 7:24pm On Jan 31
Agboriotejoye:

How many

One each same as Morocco's Hakimi and Diatta of Senegal who are offensive players
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by DOSINCLAIR: 4:00am On Feb 03
Hope You are impressed with Peseiro or waiting till next week to give him his Flowers?

🇳🇬🦅

JasonScoolari:
Silencing which critique?

This Portuguese fraud is one of the worse coach of the Super Eagles with this Haram style of eyesore football though... Also with Gernot Rohr and Lars Lagerback.

I still prefer an Austin Eguaveon to this guy.
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by DOSINCLAIR: 4:01am On Feb 03
You think every thing is about Sack, Sack, Sack?

Wallade:
Even if Paseiro wins AFCON 2024, I still want him sacked. I don't think he is competent
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by Wallade(m): 9:54am On Feb 03
DOSINCLAIR:
You think every thing is about Sack, Sack, Sack?

You can't see

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat / Richard Kingston Attributes TB Joshua For Ghana's Win Against Egypt / Allen Onyema Promises Super Eagles N20m For Cape Verde Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.