Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics (16283 Views)

5 Nigerians Who Have Played Under Peseiro / NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach / Is Like Mourinho Is Mad - Conte (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by ericmor: 4:41pm On Jan 29
NOwazobia:
Another stupid thread because Nigeria manage to get to quarter final.

With the only outstanding play being the one against Cameroon (an obviously dead team), which was majorly around few players.

No matter how ona wan to whitewash am, the Coaching is poor. undecided

Well, in the land of the blind, a one-eyed man is king.

Cameroon has been one of the worst team in afcon so far. Poor defence and poor performance from their players. No wonder eto told them after the first game not to bother playing for the team again but he appreciate their effort. Pasero no sabi anything, we are just lucky and we have d players in front that can do damage to any team

1 Like

Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by chinchum(m): 4:42pm On Jan 29
Agboriotejoye:
Packing 5 players at the back is not exactly tactics to be proud of
it is not bad in a tournament. It may not exactly work in a round robin world Cup qualifiers where points and goal matters especially at home games. The style ensure we hardly concede goals,but it may impact chances of scoring goals as well.

At the moment, the defensive style we are playing means our opponent need to maximise deadballs via free kicks, cornerkicks and penalty. Outside those three deadballs situations and maybe very clear defensive giveaway error to opponent near box 18 it will be hard to break the defence and score.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by sexyto(m): 4:42pm On Jan 29
He should just look for a way to sharpen our attack or else a better scoring side will break that defence, no defence is without weakness in football history

2 Likes

Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by Jemex003: 4:46pm On Jan 29
Wallade:
Even if Paseiro wins AFCON 2024, I still want him sacked. I don't think he is competent

How will people know you’re Nigerian? Everyone is incompetent to you people.
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by efe21: 4:48pm On Jan 29
sexyto:
He should just look for a way to sharpen our attack or else a better scoring side will break that defence, no defence is without weakness in football history
Just believe in God, all things work together for good. There is something special about this our team.... They appear weak but at the same time very strong. They simply get the job done by turning up and rising up to the occasion/challenge.
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by Wallade(m): 4:49pm On Jan 29
Jemex003:

How will people know you’re Nigerian? Everyone is incompetent to you people.

We are not all carefree and unskilled at assessing people and opportunities.

When I say incompetent, I mean Paseiro is incompetent. I would rather have an Eguavon A. or Amunike or Siasia than Paseiro.
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by sirpharrell(m): 4:53pm On Jan 29
No matter how you try to paint it, that Peseiro of a coach is below the standard that we need to manage the Super Eagles.
He is not playing three at the back, he is playing five and often ends the matches with six defenders.
Mourinho, or any good coach for that matter, doesn't need to play five or six defenders against lower ranked teams to be defensively compact.
Apart from a few tournaments, getting to the semi finals has always been the minimum the Super Eagles achieve at the AFCON so I wonder what extra ordinary thing that has been achieved here.

1 Like

Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by Seunpapa65: 4:55pm On Jan 29
Ghana is patiently waiting for us to be knockout

Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by Badassniggga(m): 5:02pm On Jan 29
dauntless15:
Until una loose against Angola the hype will stop, yen yen yen because you got lucky against Cameron. undecided
And who is this Cameron fella and how is he relevant to the discussion?
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by akwesenana: 5:09pm On Jan 29
Oh here we go with una dumb analysis. All these una pseudo-interest in Super Eagles, na because BBN no dey?

FFS, if you think the Super Eagles aren't playing well and where only lucky to win Ivory Coast, Guinea Bissau and Cameroun, then fucking go and support teams playing good footy like Algeria, Tunisia, Ghana, Equatorial Guinea, Egypt even Ivory Coast sef.

Fvcking leave us alone, would you?
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by Felix6: 5:15pm On Jan 29
It's too early for this. Those results came from selflessness and dedication from the players, not one useless tactics. Aina, Bassey, saidu, Ekong etc should be commended for putting their careers on the line for the zoo.

1 Like

Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:20pm On Jan 29
chinchum:
it is not bad in a tournament. It may not exactly work in a round robin world Cup qualifiers where points and goal matters especially at home games. The style ensure we hardly concede goals,but it may impact chances of scoring goals as well.

At the moment, the defensive style we are playing means our opponent need to maximise deadballs via free kicks, cornerkicks and penalty. Outside those three deadballs situations and maybe very clear defensive giveaway error to opponent near box 18 it will be hard to break the defence and score.
It is still not a tactics to wax lyrical about. It does not really take a tactical genius to put five players at the back and rely on catching your opoonents napping
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by Geovanni412(m): 5:20pm On Jan 29
dauntless15:
Until una loose against Angola the hype will stop, yen yen yen because you got lucky against Cameron. undecided

Those boys are clinical

But I think we can crush them

Major issue is the fitness of our Gk

If na Uzoho, no need to watch. Just pray and turn on highlights.
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by BreconHills(m): 5:21pm On Jan 29
Agboriotejoye:
Packing 5 players at the back is not exactly tactics to be proud of

There is no noble way of winning a football match. Defence takes as much skill as offense. There is nothing to be prideful about if you lose 3-4. Better to win 1-0 Greece in the Euros and Italia in the WC come to mind.
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by ComeToJesus: 5:22pm On Jan 29
Una don start..

Abeg make we wait make him beat Angola forst..
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by Ledesman: 5:23pm On Jan 29
Una whahala too much. Read what you wrote again and reason deep about it if its objective enough. No body fit satisfy una and ordinary your own little crib una no fit manage am. No be only Eguavon na VonguaE.

1 Like

Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by dauntless15(m): 5:27pm On Jan 29
Geovanni412:

Those boys are clinical

But I think we can crush them

Major issue is the fitness of our Gk

If na Uzoho, no need to watch. Just pray and turn on highlights.
I prefer not watching and finding out the scores later, I'm too young to die of high BP, disappointment and depression.
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:27pm On Jan 29
BreconHills:

There is no noble way of winning a football match. Defence takes as much skill as offense. There is nothing to be prideful about if you lose 3-4. Better to win 1-0 Greece in the Euros and Italia in the WC come to mind.
Who mentioned nobility?

5 at the back is not a tactics to be boastful of
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by dauntless15(m): 5:27pm On Jan 29
Badassniggga:
And who is this Cameron fella and how is he relevant to the discussion?
Ask your father.
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by Pootle: 5:34pm On Jan 29
at best third place we know how it ends all the time undecided
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by lextube: 5:36pm On Jan 29
JasonScoolari:
Silencing which critique?

This Portuguese fraud is one of the worse coach of the Super Eagles with this Haram style of eyesore football though... Also with Gernot Rohr and Lars Lagerback.

I still prefer an Austin Eguaveon to this guy.

Rubbish talk. Awon playahataz.
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by BreconHills(m): 5:38pm On Jan 29
Agboriotejoye:

Who mentioned nobility?

5 at the back is not a tactics to be boastful of

You think it's that simple. You dont know that they don't simply stand in a straight line and that the 5 you see become 3 on the counter and there is a lot of interchange in the arrangement of that five depending on the angle of attack and crosses.

For those who understand tactics, it's beautiful. It's not just sticking 5 people there and hoping for the best.
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:42pm On Jan 29
BreconHills:

You think it's that simple. You dont know that they don't simply stand in a straight line and that the 5 you see become 3 on the counter and there is a lot of interchange in the arrangement of that five depending on the angle of attack and crosses.

For those who understand tactics, it's beautiful. It's not just sticking 5 people there and hoping for the best.
I didn't know other tactics are stationary. Funny enough none of the two wingbacks have been really impressive in attack.
5 at the back is a simplistic way of playing football. The last coach who used it that i remember in a big footballing nation is Dino Zoff of Italy. It does not take a genius to do.

There is nothing beautiful about 5 players forming low block. It is negative tactics. No coach who believes in beautiful football plays that way
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by BreconHills(m): 5:45pm On Jan 29
Agboriotejoye:

I didn't know other tactics are stationary. Funny enough none of the two wingbacks have been really impressive in attack.
5 at the back is a simplistic way of playing football. The last coach who used it that i remember in a big footballing nation is Dino Zoff of Italy. It does not take a genius to do.

There is nothing beautiful about 5 players forming low block. It is negative tactics. No coach who believes in beautiful football plays that way

It is not simple to play and I don't see how you can say Ola Aina or Calvin Bassey has not been impressive.

Anyway beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by femi4: 5:46pm On Jan 29
robosky02:

https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/story/like-mourinho-like-peseiro-how-portuguese-tactician-is-silencing-his-critics-2024012909411002092
He's not silencing anything. It's not huru yet, we are too quick to hit praises on them. Seems we didn't learn anything from what happened in the past
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by chinchum(m): 5:46pm On Jan 29
Agboriotejoye:

It is still not a tactics to wax lyrical about. It does not really take a tactical genius to put five players at the back and rely on catching your opoonents napping
you need the right kind of players and team mentality to execute it. it is not for everyone. It is hard to see a Nigerian team solid defensively.

We don't have a very fluid style of playing because of the tactics and we will usually tend to have less ball possession with the pattern of play. In a tournament, any type of win will be okay as long as we take our chances when it matters.

The Falcons played a similar style at the last women world Cup and did not lose any match within regulation time after 4 games against better ranked and experienced teams
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:46pm On Jan 29
BreconHills:

It is not simple to play and I don't see how you can say Ola Aina or Calvin Bassey has not been impressive.

Anyway beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
It is simple to play and creats imbalance in the team's transition

Ola Aina and Bassey have been impressive defensively not offensively

Again, no one can claim Nigeria's play is as impressive as that of Senegal, Cabo Verde or Morocco`
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by Usmanovic95(m): 5:52pm On Jan 29
Take a break from this unnecessary hype. Peseiro, beating that lacklustered Cameroon team is not a remarkable feat. Cameroon are amongst the worst team in this tourney.
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:53pm On Jan 29
chinchum:
you need the right kind of players and team mentality to execute it. it is not for everyone. It is hard to see a Nigerian team solid defensively.

We don't have a very fluid style of playing because of the tactics and we will usually tend to have less ball possession with the pattern of play. In a tournament, any type of win will be okay as long as we take our chances when it matters.

The Falcons played a similar style at the last women world Cup and did not lose any match within regulation time after 4 games against better ranked and experienced teams
You need five defenders to execute it. Though I agree the forwards must be fast also. But I don't agree that there are some special kinds of players who alone can undertake a five man defence.

I'm happy you agree Nigeria's focus has never been defensive solidity but rather attacking fluency.

The question now is if this is a paradigm shift in Nigerian football. I'm sure you'll agree to the contrary
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by richie240: 6:04pm On Jan 29
You lose they wail; you win they still find opportunity to complain!
Homosapiens sef!
cool
JasonScoolari:

This Portuguese fraud is one of the worse coach of the Super Eagles with this Haram style of eyesore football though... Also with Gernot Rohr and Lars Lagerback.

Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by Lantosed: 6:06pm On Jan 29
ednut1:
Till we play Senegal or morroco sha
That will be the real test of his tactical prowess, if he can make it through those two. Then I'm down with him.
Re: Like Mourinho Like Peseiro: How Portuguese Tactician Is Silencing His Critics by uniquetechng: 6:07pm On Jan 29
JasonScoolari:

Mourinho achieved everything in football playing Haram football, the only that matters to Mou is result not beautiful football.
And yeah that's how you win a tournament, DR Congo are yet to win a single match but are already in Quarter finals.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osimhen: How I Can Surpass Yekini’s Huge Super Eagles Achievement / Three Nigerian Teenagers Break Guinness Record For Multiple Skipping Times / Yakubu Aiyegbeni And Kalu Uche Named Nigeria’s Richest Players

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.