Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,193 members, 7,815,164 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? (10289 Views)

Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? / Sallah: How Arewa Women Pampered Their Husbands With Money And Love / Couple Divorce After 10 Months Of Lavish Wedding With Money Spraying Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by CondemnBattery(f): 3:02pm On Jan 30
I don't borrow, cos I hate it
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by tunde1200(m): 3:03pm On Jan 30
Hmmm, terrible people full Nigeria.
You borrow them money they turn it to fight.
If you refuse to borrow them you became bad person.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by dessyBerry1107(m): 3:05pm On Jan 30
Elistho:

Hmmmm, my brother, I'm less problematic. The reason I let it go is because there's a time he was financially bouyant, he used to make me smile, sometimes carry me out to relaxation center, bills on him. I had looked for a way to repay him, then that happened, I left it as it's.

But I wouldn't lend him money again. For the fact that he didn't even talk about it again. I'm a law student, the money I gave him was to be added to buy a suit, till today, i don't have one because of him...
so because of 5k you dont own a suit till date. dey play
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by Enugurangers: 3:06pm On Jan 30
Elistho:
Alright Nairalanders, let's talk about our experiences pertaining to the aforementioned topic.

Have you lend a friend money? How did it turn out? Did they pay back on time? Have you lost relationships due to this?

This thread should be fun...
Most people I have left money don't end up returning it. They promise, tell me they have not forgotten, then finally stop talking about it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by LegallyBlunt: 3:07pm On Jan 30
Elistho:
The one I can remember, this was last year July or August. My friend asked for 5K to add and pay school fees, I gave him my last card. I told him the money was relegated for my school bills too but I would give him as my friend and he should pay back, he vouched to.. I gave that benefit of doubt and transfered everything in my account to him.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is February, I've not seen it. I asked him once or twice in the past, he said he would pay, he's a close friend so I didn't disturb. Since I didn't ask again, he didn't talk about it again nor pay.

I've learnt my lessons, we're still friends and even visit each other now, but I've not mention it to him lest I severe the relationship.

I don't know if he has forgotten or deliberately doesn't want to pay, but either ways, no qualms, God dey.

Weak fellow
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by ggood: 3:10pm On Jan 30
I borrow a girl 13k since last September , I have been asking her to pay but na so so postponement last last na f.uck we take settle am . Never borrow a young girl money

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by Bigman101: 3:11pm On Jan 30
WeedAddict:
As I dey now, I dey owe like 10 different loan apps money, once I borrow money from them, I go comot their access to my contacts and every other thing then delete their app..

Right now, I can authoritatively say I'm owing all of them appropriately 500k..

Note: I'm not wicked but wetin loan app do me for 2019, na wetin teach me lesson be that.. Those bastards debited me of nothing less than 100k and this is my own mode of retaliation

Pls teach me how to
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by Babaibeji2020(m): 3:11pm On Jan 30
Elistho:
The one I can remember, this was last year July or August. My friend asked for 5K to add and pay school fees, I gave him my last card. I told him the money was relegated for my school bills too but I would give him as my friend and he should pay back, he vouched to.. I gave that benefit of doubt and transfered everything in my account to him.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is February, I've not seen it. I asked him once or twice in the past, he said he would pay, he's a close friend so I didn't disturb. Since I didn't ask again, he didn't talk about it again nor pay.

I've learnt my lessons, we're still friends and even visit each other now, but I've not mention it to him lest I severe the relationship.

I don't know if he has forgotten or deliberately doesn't want to pay, but either ways, no qualms, God dey.

....Ladies and gentlemen........🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by OgaRico(m): 3:16pm On Jan 30
Paying of financial debt is not something the creator of life included in the ingredients he mixed when making Nigerians.

Once you give any amount out, calculate am say e fit come back, e fit no come back as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by OgaRico(m): 3:19pm On Jan 30
So una knack 13 times meaning each time 1k to make up for the amount wey you borrow her abi na just one time knacking cover the whole money?

But if na once una knack then you must be a cheap fellow.

ggood:
I borrow a girl 13k since last September , I have been asking her to pay but na so so postponement last last na f.uck we take settle am . Never borrow a young girl money
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by Obierika(m): 3:22pm On Jan 30
Elistho:

He did not forget, he deliberately does not want to repay the loan!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by Tonytonex(m): 3:25pm On Jan 30
WeedAddict:
As I dey now, I dey owe like 10 different loan apps money, once I borrow money from them, I go comot their access to my contacts and every other thing then delete their app..

Note: I'm not wicked but wetin loan app do me for 2019, na wetin teach me lesson be that.. Those bastards debited me of nothing less than 100k and this is my own mode of retaliation
wow. You mean they are not disturbing you?
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by EdiskyHarry: 3:27pm On Jan 30
If you don't want to have problem with anybody, avoid friends, avoid borrowing people money

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by Tonytonex(m): 3:27pm On Jan 30
Cassandraloius:
The person I lend money to avoided me for 5 good months, and when she returned from wherever she went to, she started giving me attitude, telling other people that, I gave her just 50k and I'm disturbing her upandan. The rest was history. Na mumu dey lend money😂🤣
she senior you ne?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by Solofresh2: 3:27pm On Jan 30
I don't borrow people money again. I only do them charity with whatever I can afford

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by PAQ(m): 3:30pm On Jan 30
1. If you value friendship try as much as possible not to lend money to a friend, family member or lover. Unless you are 100% sure they are prudent and will payback Just give what you can & dont expect it back.
2. Dont lend whatever you are not comfortable with letting go.
3. Do not borrow money to fund a habit.
4. Do not borrow more than your monthly earnings or hustle.

This is my financial code, born out of experience. The 2 things that destroy friendship is woman & money, i value friendship so i try to keep those 2 things far away.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by occfx: 3:30pm On Jan 30
Elistho:
Alright Nairalanders, let's talk about our experiences pertaining to the aforementioned topic.

Have you lend a friend money? How did it turn out? Did they pay back on time? Have you lost relationships due to this?

Borrowing? ... I prefer to borrow from loan apps than friends or relatives. I am currently owing more than 20 loan apps. Tinubu is not smiling at all but I wish to pay back some day

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by MONEY247: 3:31pm On Jan 30
I borrowed Nigerian government ₦2 billion in 2004 and still they haven't paid back, they have been avoiding me...🤣🤣🤣🤣

Iol
I know of a man if I want to like borrow ₦1000 he will give me ₦500 , anything he's giving you, if you give him back fine if you don't fine.
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by AZControversial(m): 3:33pm On Jan 30
OluwaJohn77:
My Principle
Any money you can't give out don't borrow anybody

The exact lesson i learnt!!!
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by muyico(m): 3:36pm On Jan 30
Migo loan is OK, I dey owned dem 2k plus wey I never pay, 3yrs ago!
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by Tonytonex(m): 3:36pm On Jan 30
occfx:

Borrowing? ... I prefer to borrow from loan apps than friends or relatives. I am currently owing more than 20 loan apps. Tinubu is not smiling at all but I wish to pay back some day
I can never borrow from loan apps. those people are thieves . I do borrow from my bank directly. if I want to borrow anybody money, I will not be expecting the person to pay back. if the person pay back fine.
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by Gentlesoul2021(m): 3:37pm On Jan 30
WeedAddict:

Them NVR blacklist u mk Uno see loan collect from others...

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by Tonytonex(m): 3:38pm On Jan 30
muyico:
Migo loan is OK, I dey owned dem 2k plus wey I never pay, 3yrs ago!
you mean you took a loan of 2k?

Na wa oh. How pesin go take loan of 2k.?

Wetin 2k wan do for you.?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by BigDawsNet: 3:39pm On Jan 30
Elistho:

I can lend people money but I won't ask when the due day passes... I dey pray self make you no talk anything abt it... because for me... I will count it has you have collected your pension...

So wot ever makes you come back for more will lead to me disappointing you...

In short, I will only lend you what I can forget

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by muyico(m): 3:42pm On Jan 30
Tonytonex:
you mean you took a loan of 2k?
Na wa oh. How pesin go take loan of 2k.?
Wetin 2k wan do for you.?
hungry nah bastard,i take am chop!
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by YorubaKing: 3:46pm On Jan 30
Nigerians are the greatest loan defaulter in the world! grin

Most 9ja debtors feel entitled to other pple's money. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by Tonytonex(m): 3:48pm On Jan 30
muyico:
hungry nah bastard,i take am chop!
LOL 😆😂😂😆
Very funny. Na wa oh.
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by Myer(m): 4:24pm On Jan 30
Elistho:

I hardly borrow money. And when I do it becomes priority to repay before or as at when due.

Unfortunately I realized we are not wired the same.
Borrowing is a norm for some. And at such they become over-indebted and unable to repay as at when due or unable to repay in full or unable to repay at all. It hurts to have to "change it" for them but some times it is necessary.

Some borrow with the intention not to repay simply because they are dishonest or fraudulent. It is important to discern such.

Some borrow with a sense of entitlement, as if having done you other favors they should not have to repay. I have seldom fallen under this category. grin

I work in a microfinance and we come across all sorts of personalities.
Like a poster here said, only lend out what you are able to part with. Don't put yourself in a fix just to help out another.

What I have come to find, and this is quite deep.
God himself is the one dealing with some people as a punishment. Lending such a one could actually cause you to experience a blockage in your finances.
For some, it is test, and you will be blessed for being a blessing to such. God grant us more wisdom and grace.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by jimmynauty: 4:24pm On Jan 30
Migo is the best... they only send text to remind me and when ever i can in this economy, they have not been a nut... they are the best for me
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by Missyajoke(f): 4:41pm On Jan 30
Elistho:

When next he ask for money don't borrow him also don't mention your financial capabilities to him. For example, if he says he's hungry you also give him the same reply and lock your message app and hide all message notifications on your phone. And if you still trust him with finances your on your own.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by Gbadugbakun(m): 4:57pm On Jan 30
I borrowed a friend 5k in 300l. Till we graduate and went for service, this guy never paid me back.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Era Of House Paint Might Be Gone. [color=#990000]price updated[/color] / Ok / The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.