Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? (44538 Views)

Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? / What's The Best Gift You've Ever Received Either From Family Or Friends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Evestar200(f): 1:56pm On Apr 28, 2023
Have you ever lend money to someone and when is time for them to pay they will tell you or do something that will make you regret ever helping them?

Share your stories.

5 Likes

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Evestar200(f): 1:57pm On Apr 28, 2023
This one is from my childhood friend.

This person begged me to send this money to him in 2015 because he is stranded in Borno and doesn't have anything on him to transport himself to Port Harcourt.

As a good person then, I managed to send him from the little one I have even when I was struggling then.

I reminded him in 2021 when I was sick and in need of money to buy drugs but this is what I get back for being kind.

He didn't pay and blocked me last year.

The other person I lend paid half of the money and the other half is history πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

Some people are wicked, Imagine someone I lend 20k on Monday is asking me to send her my account number so that she can send me back my money while some people don't want you to even remind them not to talk about requesting back the money you lend them.

Life.

111 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by yrhuhfy113: 1:58pm On Apr 28, 2023
the friendship/family ends when this kind of ENTITLEMENT enters.

I can't even take it as play or joke or anything. I won't collect the money so I can let the person go.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Zonefree(m): 2:29pm On Apr 28, 2023
Omo, if you ask me to borrow you 10k, I'll send you 5k and I'll never ask you for the money. That way, I know you'll never demand for another loan cos you're still with my 5k. Life na wisdom.

509 Likes 43 Shares

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by texannaija: 2:47pm On Apr 28, 2023
I no fit borrow person wetin I no fit dash the person…..

167 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by wunmi590(m): 5:07pm On Apr 28, 2023

Some Nigerians with their entitlement mentality..

There's difference between borrow and give out, theirs a clause of "borrow" which is attached to her word, and she needs to fulfil that....

She just missed another opportunity of you giving her free money as usual...

Modified: A friend that did that to me, I blocked 🚫 him from every platform and that was the end...

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by illicit(m): 7:25pm On Apr 28, 2023
Lol

U were seen as soft, that's why

6 Likes

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Kobojunkie: 7:52pm On Apr 28, 2023
Evestar200:
Have you ever lend money to someone and when is time for them to pay they will tell you or do something that will make you regret ever helping them? Share your stories.
When you lend folks money make sure you get each to sign a promissory note stating when and how the money will be paid back so should any of them throw this kind of surprise at you, you can easily take them to court to get your money back. undecided

Also, consider requesting post dated check for each future payment to be made by the borrower as additional insurance.
nedekid:
β–  Ahhh, they do. That is why those days you want to take loans from microfinance banks, regular banks too, you want to finance eg a car, they will ask for post dated cheques for all the monthly payments even if it is for 4 years. Me cannot loan someone money without collecting a cheque. Unless it is money I can afford to loose. If you have the time, read the law below and the cbn response at the bottom.

β–  The issuance of a dud cheque is a criminal offence pursuant to Section 1 of the Dishonored Cheques (Offences) Act CAP D11 LFN 2004 and punishable under Section 1 (1) (b) (i) of the same Act.
The crux and relevant provisions of the Act are as follows:
(1) Any person who –
(a) obtains or induces the delivery of anything capable of being stolen either to himself or to any other person; or (b) obtains credit for himself or any other person, by means of a cheque that, when presented for payment not later than three months after the date of the cheque, is dishonored on the ground that no funds or insufficient funds were standing to the credit of the drawer of the cheque in the bank on which the cheque was drawn, shall be guilty of an offence and on conviction shall- (i) [b]in the case of an individual be sentenced to imprisonment for two years, without the option of a fine; and (ii) in the case of a body corporate, be sentenced to a fine of not less than N5,000.

[/b]
Measures taken by CBN
Prosecution of the offenders directly; Handing the offenders over to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and other security agencies for prosecution; Banning the offender from accessing credit facility for a period of 5 years; Cancellation of all unused Cheque books issued to serial issuers of dud cheques upon the compilation and dissemination of information by CBN; Sanctioning any bank that fails to report serial issuer of dud cheques.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Kobojunkie: 7:54pm On Apr 28, 2023
Evestar200:
β–  This one is from my childhood friend. This person begged me to send this money to him in 2015 because he is stranded in Borno and doesn't have anything on him to transport himself to Port Harcourt. As a good person then, I managed to send him from the little one I have even when I was struggling then. I reminded him in 2021 when I was sick and in need of money to buy drugs but this is what I get back for being kind. He didn't pay and blocked me last year. The other person I lend paid half of the money and the other half is history πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Some people are wicked, Imagine someone I lend 20k on Monday is asking me to send her my account number so that she can send me back my money while some people don't want you to even remind them not to talk about requesting back the money you lend them. Life.
1. While some others are just very gullible and never learn from their past mistakes. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Evestar200(f): 8:03pm On Apr 28, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. While some others are just very gullible and never learn from their past mistakes. undecided
I no longer lend out money but I have to lend this particular person because there is no way I will be happy to see her lose her life or her baby when I have the opportunity to help.

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Kobojunkie: 8:07pm On Apr 28, 2023
Evestar200:
β–  I no longer lend out money but I have to lend this particular person because there is no way I will be happy to see her lose her life or her baby when I have the opportunity to help.
1. If na help you wan help then remove the word "lend" naw! undecided

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Foodqueen(f): 8:19pm On Apr 28, 2023
I indirectly dash whatever you want to lend.

I won't ask and you will never ask me to lend you again.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Nazgul: 8:22pm On Apr 28, 2023
I don't borrow people money. If I see you geninuely need help, I'll just give you what I can afford and tell you to forget about paying me. I value my mental health and wouldn't want anyone to drive me crazy cos I'm trying to collect back my money.

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Evestar200(f): 8:37pm On Apr 28, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. If na help you wan help then remove the word "lend" naw! undecided
I can't dash out 20k this period.

Even me sef dey find money πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Kobojunkie: 8:45pm On Apr 28, 2023
Evestar200:
β–  I can't dash out 20k this period.

Even me set dey find money πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ
1. You made it sound like you could is why I said remove "lend". Best you always make sure to get a promissory note from everyone you lend money to. For your own peace of mind. undecided

Also, consider requesting post dated check for each future payment to be made by the borrower as additional insurance.
nedekid:
β–  Ahhh, they do. That is why those days you want to take loans from microfinance banks, regular banks too, you want to finance eg a car, they will ask for post dated cheques for all the monthly payments even if it is for 4 years. Me cannot loan someone money without collecting a cheque. Unless it is money I can afford to loose. If you have the time, read the law below and the cbn response at the bottom.

β–  The issuance of a dud cheque is a criminal offence pursuant to Section 1 of the Dishonored Cheques (Offences) Act CAP D11 LFN 2004 and punishable under Section 1 (1) (b) (i) of the same Act.
The crux and relevant provisions of the Act are as follows:
(1) Any person who –
(a) obtains or induces the delivery of anything capable of being stolen either to himself or to any other person; or (b) obtains credit for himself or any other person, by means of a cheque that, when presented for payment not later than three months after the date of the cheque, is dishonored on the ground that no funds or insufficient funds were standing to the credit of the drawer of the cheque in the bank on which the cheque was drawn, shall be guilty of an offence and on conviction shall- (i) [b]in the case of an individual be sentenced to imprisonment for two years, without the option of a fine; and (ii) in the case of a body corporate, be sentenced to a fine of not less than N5,000.

[/b]
Measures taken by CBN
Prosecution of the offenders directly; Handing the offenders over to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and other security agencies for prosecution; Banning the offender from accessing credit facility for a period of 5 years; Cancellation of all unused Cheque books issued to serial issuers of dud cheques upon the compilation and dissemination of information by CBN; Sanctioning any bank that fails to report serial issuer of dud cheques.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Octopusssy(f): 9:19pm On Apr 28, 2023
Story of my life. However, I make exceptions. There is one who I lent 5k in 2019 and he promised to pay. When it was time for repayment, he claimed he was robbed on his way to Shiloh.

in my heart I was like "Story don enter. Toh, no wahala" and mentally wrote off the debt. Fast-forward to April 2023, young nigga is now a ultra Peter Obi supporter and when I voiced out my unwavering admiration for Wole Soyinka despite his declaration that the 'Obidient movement' was toxic, he started throwing shades and insults at me on his FB page.

Since we want to be mad, let us all be mad together and scatter everything.

I went to our WhatsApp conversation, took a screenshot of his loan request from four years ago and sent to him with the message "pay up nigga. You cannot be insulting me online and still be owing gbese on top." I also dropped my account details.

Thank God the odofion has small shame because he transferred it to me in a flash. We now proceeded to block each other left, right and center. Na so friendship of almost 9 years end.

Wetin be my own? I am not Jesus, I am Octopusssy and I can be very petty when I want to be. Mscheeeew

132 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by JeffreyJunior: 9:35pm On Apr 28, 2023
I wonder why people lend money when they are not money lenders.

Lending money to family and friends mostly end in quarrel so a sane person should know better and avoid it.

Help people with what you can afford to lose and if you must lend, lend with interest just like financial institutions and make it official by documenting it so that everybody go know say you don become money lender. cheesy

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by charlesdinho(m): 9:40pm On Apr 28, 2023
humans are just too heartless. just imagine the nonsense a debtor is saying. if i were you, i will not ask him about the money anymore. the debtor is not only useless but may God punish him for those nonsense he said

11 Likes

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by irunokoisawerey: 10:03pm On Apr 28, 2023
grin well well... but for years now I no de borrow shishi... if I dash you I dash you be dat... but to borrow... impossicant... make the money kukuma loss instead and I go comot eye than to de hope ontop hopelessness. Some people are Buhari... borrow them money and they will carry the debt to grave... awon sinzu money... living fake life grin

3 Likes

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Utanisco(m): 10:04pm On Apr 28, 2023
Daaaa
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by BusterG: 10:04pm On Apr 28, 2023
Funny...

All the people typing plenty stories and forming rich still dey owe.

Dangote dey owe.

Otedollar dey owe.

Nigeria sef dey owe.

The only thing I will NOT AGREE to is insulting your lender.

Lastly before you start CRYING.............
DON'T lend out what you CANNOT afford to loose.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by ednut1(m): 10:06pm On Apr 28, 2023
These days no matter the sob story i no dey listen. Things are tight is my default response. A useless friend of mine wey I borrow 50k 5 years ago, refused to pay then I found out he use am run photoshot for his child's birthday. Kunle ko ni da fun e .

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Passionate888: 10:06pm On Apr 28, 2023
cool
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Walamide: 10:06pm On Apr 28, 2023
[code][/code]the golden rule is: only loan out money that won't affect you if you lose it.
To borrow money is easy, but to pay back is hard in this economy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by inoki247: 10:08pm On Apr 28, 2023
Lol dere are things you should just zero ur mind once u du it like Borrowing friends or family money jus know u don du Giveaway.....

I remember the Hakimi case if you try am with Nigeria Mother's just kiss ur money goodbye our mother that u will keep ordinary 5h with to colet am bak dey will remind u aw dey Carry u for 9month....

7 Likes

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by RESHARPENED: 10:08pm On Apr 28, 2023
Never lend money to family and friends.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Johnn87: 10:08pm On Apr 28, 2023
Foodqueen:
I indirectly dash whatever you want to lend.

I won't ask and you will never ask me to lend you again.
Bosslady help me with 6k bayiπŸ™make l send account details?
Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by isabi2lof: 10:08pm On Apr 28, 2023
They'll tell you that Nigeria is owing too grin

10 Likes

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by HeartlessMan: 10:08pm On Apr 28, 2023
My family members don't ask me for money again cos they know what I can do.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? by Klass99(f): 10:09pm On Apr 28, 2023

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This / If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married / Mother Beats Her Teenage Daughter After Seeing Her With A Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.