Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? (10288 Views)

Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? / Sallah: How Arewa Women Pampered Their Husbands With Money And Love / Couple Divorce After 10 Months Of Lavish Wedding With Money Spraying Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by Missyajoke(f): 4:59pm On Jan 30
I borrowed a guy #6,000 and since now have not gotten the money back grin grin grin. I had to forgo the money as he keeps avoiding me. Since that day ehn I can't borrow anyone money I can't dash. Whenever people want to borrow money from me I'll just tell them that the economy is bad that am managing sef.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by Freedomlurther: 5:02pm On Jan 30
Good evening bosses,please if anyone have got 2k to spare,i'm in deperate need.2209487891,zenith bank
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by aliscomonaj: 5:04pm On Jan 30
Am currently depressed and it's because of the loan I took. Please live within your means and don't borrow

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by ceeceeco: 5:06pm On Jan 30
Even if that person is at the point of death, I can never ever lend money to anyone. Never.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by tnerro1(m): 5:09pm On Jan 30
Never lend anyone money that you can’t over look, Nigerians including your close family members are terrible set of people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by mayorkent(m): 5:23pm On Jan 30
business almost closed down because of debt in the first year.
First hard rule I learnt from experience in business.
"Don't give out anything on credit " at least not when you are just starting.
It's better you sell at cost price than to give the goods on credit when you don't have the ability to absorb.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by maasoap(m): 5:45pm On Jan 30
Kharol1234:
One Area friend like that asked me to borrow him 1k, that the following morning e would give me before I going to work, decide to give him my last 750 because how he was saying the place he was going to that night was important.

Baba sell all him mama house, sold the last one e was leaving Baba never still pay my #750 .
Lol.
There is this man who is currently sitting with me now. He borrowed just 5k to feed his broilers, emergency of course (that was when a bag was 8k). He wouldn't pay the money back and he thereafter bought three different mp3 players that he didn't need. To add salt to injury, he gave out about 20 broilers in our circle and I didn't know about it until some of the receivers asked me if he gave me too which I responded saying "no". This man didn't give me chicken and he didn't even offer to pay me back with chicken!
So, I just forgot about it and stopped asking him. Can you now imagine his audacity when he asked me again to lend him money?

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by maasoap(m): 6:00pm On Jan 30
Beuberry:
I no dey borrow pipu money. Pipu too stubborn!
Whatever can make some to be owing loansharks and be bragging there's nothing they can do. How much more me dz little girl?
Some ll even borrow from one loan shark to settle another thereby having a chain of debt!

There was a woman yesterday who mentioned all the 23 loan apps she collected loans from with the intention not to pay back even before she collected those loans.
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by Beuberry(f): 6:03pm On Jan 30
maasoap:

There was a woman yesterday who mentioned all the 23 loan apps she collected loans from with the intention not to pay back even before she collected those loans.
It's cos those loan apps don't know their onus. If I borrow you money, I ll collect it back. Just don't give me ya details.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by maasoap(m): 6:17pm On Jan 30
occfx:

Borrowing? ... I prefer to borrow from loan apps than friends or relatives. I am currently owing more than 20 loan apps. Tinubu is not smiling at all but I wish to pay back some day
You won't pay back grin grin grin
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by Kharol1234: 6:48pm On Jan 30
maasoap:

Lol.
There is this man who is currently sitting with me now. He borrowed just 5k to feed his broilers, emergency of course (that was when a bag was 8k). He wouldn't pay the money back and he thereafter bought three different mp3 players that he didn't need. To add salt to injury, he gave out about 20 broilers in our circle and I didn't know about it until some of the receivers asked me if he gave me too which I responded saying "no". This man didn't gave me chicken and he didn't even offer to pay me back with chicken!
So, I just forgot about it and stopped asking him. Can you now imagine his audacity when he asked me again to lend him money?
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£ hope say you no give am?
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by RussellRutherfo: 7:22pm On Jan 30
WeedAddict:
As I dey now, I dey owe like 10 different loan apps money, once I borrow money from them, I go comot their access to my contacts and every other thing then delete their app..

Right now, I can authoritatively say I'm owing all of them appropriately 500k..

Note: I'm not wicked but wetin loan app do me for 2019, na wetin teach me lesson be that.. Those bastards debited me of nothing less than 100k and this is my own mode of retaliation

The wicked borrows and does not pay back, But the righteous is gracious and gives.
Psalm 37:21

grin

People like me owing close to 20million and still paying back despite I have lost about 2m borrowed to some family and friends who have refused to pay back but for friends who have borrowed me and banks. I work so hard to try and repay them so they don't lose the trust they have in me despite it is not easy as Tinubu's regime is ruining businesses today unlike before when this would have been very easy for me to repay back.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by RussellRutherfo: 7:29pm On Jan 30
maasoap:

The wicked borrows and does not pay back, But the righteous is gracious and gives.

Evil people like this one are the ones making it hard for genuine people like us to see huge sums to borrow again.

An app that I have been using. They have loaned me over 7 million which I have paid them all back with their interest. The Loan app starts with the letter "L" and ends with the letter "O" recently packed up because wicked people like this woman you mentioned collected money and refused to pay back.

I feel bad that many families connected to the employees working with these loan apps have to now go hungry as many of them have moved to other places. The app made it easy for small businesses like mine to get funding without huge paperwork despite the higher interest rate.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by RussellRutherfo: 7:32pm On Jan 30
Bigman101:

Pls teach me how to

Wicked person stop ruining these opportunities for genuine people that will really need these money and pay back.

How will you feel if others take yours and not oay back?
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by RussellRutherfo: 7:37pm On Jan 30
Tonytonex:
I can never borrow from loan apps. those people are thieves . I do borrow from my bank directly. if I want to borrow anybody money, I will not be expecting the person to pay back. if the person pay back fine.

What bank do you currently borrow that can give me.

I have paid back all the loan apps I borrowed remaining one. They are all usually high interest so as soon I am done paying off the last one which is Fairmoney(I won't advise anyone to take Fairmoney Loans even if death issue as their interest rate is so high about 100% of whatever you borrowed)

They borrow you 1m. You pay back 2m.

After paying back this last time. I am deleting the app and going back to the banks.

Which bank do you use and which is the best and quick to disburse loan?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by RussellRutherfo: 7:39pm On Jan 30
Myer:

I hardly borrow money. And when I do it becomes priority to repay before or as at when due.

Unfortunately I realized we are not wired the same.
Borrowing is a norm for some. And at such they become over-indebted and unable to repay as at when due or unable to repay in full or unable to repay at all. It hurts to have to "change it" for them but some times it is necessary.

Some borrow with the intention not to repay simply because they are dishonest or fraudulent. It is important to discern such.

Some borrow with a sense of entitlement, as if having done you other favors they should not have to repay. I have seldom fallen under this category. grin

I work in a microfinance and we come across all sorts of personalities.
Like a poster here said, only lend out what you are able to part with. Don't put yourself in a fix just to help out another.

What I have come to find, and this is quite deep.
God himself is the one dealing with some people as a punishment. Lending such a one could actually cause you to experience a blockage in your finances.
For some, it is test, and you will be blessed for being a blessing to such. God grant us more wisdom and grace.

Your Microfinance interest rate between 2.5-3%?
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by RussellRutherfo: 7:41pm On Jan 30
AdvaatOnline:
That's our business.

If you are looking for a loan please see our signature

Your interest rate between 2-3%?
You loan to business owners who never default especially after you check with CRC Bureau?
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by maasoap(m): 8:04pm On Jan 30
RussellRutherfo:

Evil people like this one are the ones making it hard for genuine people like us to see huge sums to borrow again.

An app that I have been using. They have loaned me over 7 million which I have paid them all back with their interest. The Loan app starting with the letter "L" and ending with the letter "O" recently packed up because wicked people like this woman you mentioned collected money and refused to pay back.

I feel bad that many families connected to the employees working with these loan apps have to now go hungry as many of them have moved to other places. The app made it easy for small businesses like mine to get funding without huge paperwork despite the higher interest.

Let me interest you a bit. This particular woman got to know about borrowing from these loan apps without paying back from her "sister and friends" and she started her borrowing spree too, a married woman for that matter! Threw her sim card away and bought another one. Now, she doesn't save in her conventional banks anymore for the fear of losing her savings to those loan apps. She's now using Op**

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by maasoap(m): 8:10pm On Jan 30
Kharol1234:
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£ hope say you no give am?
Not only that I didn't give him but I also told him that money will never exchange hands between us.
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by Yankiss(m): 8:10pm On Jan 30
Beuberry:

It's cos those loan apps don't know their onus. If I borrow you money, I ll collect it back. Just don't give me ya details.
No thorough due diligence. And the woman is proud of her deception Karma is real. One day monkey go go market eno go return!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by Myer(m): 8:33pm On Jan 30
RussellRutherfo:

Your Microfinance interest rate between 2.5-3%?
Depends on the product. You can find out more here https://groomingcentre.org/
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by Emdebby2: 9:44pm On Jan 30
It was a sad experience. I borrowed a colleague 100k in 2018. She paid only 30k, resigned from work. Till date my balance is gone with the wind. I've learned my lesson.
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by RussellRutherfo: 10:12pm On Jan 30
maasoap:

Let me interest you a bit. This particular woman got to know about borrowing from these loan apps without paying back from her "sister and friends" and she started her borrowing spree too, a married woman for that matter! Threw her sim card away and bought another one. Now, she doesn't save in her conventional banks anymore for the fear of losing her savings to those loan apps. She's now using Op**

For how long.

Government must find a way to make sure that no Sim can be used or gotten without one's NIN and BVN and those Sim providers who sell pre-registered Sims should be jailed or heavily fined.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by Tonytonex(m): 11:31pm On Jan 30
RussellRutherfo:

What bank do you currently borrow that can give me.

I have paid back all the loan apps I borrowed remaining one. They are all usually high interest so as soon I am done paying off the last one which is Fairmoney(I won't advise anyone to take Fairmoney Loans even if death issue as their interest rate is so high about 100% of whatever you borrowed)

They borrow you 1m. You pay back 2m.

After paying back this last time. I am deleting the app and going back to the banks.

Which bank do you use and which is the best and quick to disburse loan?
I don't think banks will give new customers loans.

It normally depends on your activities and your transactions per month.
Any bank should be able to give out loans to its customers
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by RussellRutherfo: 11:57pm On Jan 30
Myer:

Depends on the product. You can find out more here https://groomingcentre.org/

How do I contact you?
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by RussellRutherfo: 11:59pm On Jan 30
Tonytonex:
I don't think banks will give new customers loans.

It normally depends on your activities and your transactions per month.
Any bank should be able to give out loans to its customers

So recommend the bank you use that gives you loan at a favourable rate so at least α»‹ can open an account with them and run it for some months before getting the loan from them.
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 12:50am On Jan 31
Lent a bro ₦30k two years ago to bounce back when his business took a hit.

Reminded him to pay up as I already made him estimate when the money would be available before lending it to him, but got procrastination responses.

Later gave him repayment options which included ₦5k per month for 6 months.
Bro stopped responding.

Later sent him the final message letting him know I've forgiven the debt but closed the door to any sort of discussion tomorrow that would include money.

We are still good friends till tomorrow.
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by occfx: 1:27am On Jan 31
maasoap:

You won't pay back grin grin grin

I will...
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by Greatzeus(m): 8:06am On Jan 31
WeedAddict:
As I dey now, I dey owe like 10 different loan apps money, once I borrow money from them, I go comot their access to my contacts and every other thing then delete their app..

Right now, I can authoritatively say I'm owing all of them appropriately 500k..

Note: I'm not wicked but wetin loan app do me for 2019, na wetin teach me lesson be that.. Those bastards debited me of nothing less than 100k and this is my own mode of retaliation
So what tangible thing did you do with the 500k?
Do you know these loan companies have employees? The employee who approved your loan will be the one to bear the blunt? And you hope to achieve anything with your hard labour or work? Even you check yourself,I am sure you still need a loan now,you might never stop borrowing from one friend or neighbour to another,it's karma.
Why didn't you go to your siblings or parents for help? I bet they wouldn't do sh*t, because money is not easy to make. You have another man lend you money and you want to ruin his business?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by kenearth50(m): 11:48am On Jan 31
A friend of mine called me last year January to lend him 5k and till now I haven't been repayed.
My mind was telling me to transfer 2k to him as gift instead of lending him 5k but I didn't listen.
I was pained cos that was the reminder money in my spending account and I just gave it out with the hope that in the next 2 days I'll be repayed.
I asked for my money like thrice and when I saw the money wasn't forth coming, I just left it like that and blacklist ever lending money to some people instead I'll give what I'm capable of giving.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by UKTAFIA(m): 12:03pm On Jan 31
I borrowed a friend 250k three years ago , he never talked about my money again when it was time to pay back as promised . Some friends said he has no intention to pay back . I have been dragging him for 3 years now , called him out to everyone that knows him and managed to get 120k. He never for one day talked about my money except I text or drag him. But i promised him the next time i set my eyes on him he will pay me all of my money on the spot.He also had the gut to tell me it won't affect our friendship shocked shocked
Re: What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? by maasoap(m): 2:07pm On Jan 31
occfx:

I will...
Let me say you can't then. That's because of the mounting ridiculous interests on each of them. You can't!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Era Of House Paint Might Be Gone. [color=#990000]price updated[/color] / Ok / The New Trends In Getting Married These Days.. I Bow!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.