Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries (8931 Views)

Rufai: GRV Doesn’t Have Experience; Obi: Yes, He Has No Experience In Corruption / Lauretta Onochie Accuses Obasanjo, Ezekwesili Of Influencing Corruption Index / Nigeria Ranks Lower On 2019 Transparency International’s Corruption Index (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by Flame333: 11:06am On Jan 30
APC achievement

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by Lemos14: 11:06am On Jan 30
Flame333:
APC achievement

grin
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by illuminutty: 11:07am On Jan 30
Corruption itself is in Aso Rock right now.
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by FalseProphet1(m): 11:08am On Jan 30
EreluRoz:
So there are still countries worse than Nigeria and Nigerians are quick to portray the bad image to the world.
Inhabitants of those countries don't travel the way Nigerians travel. So they're hardly known for corruption globally, unlike Nigerians who go around the world committing various crimes. Thus making us look like the worst country on this planet.

This I have seen.
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by dsocioemmy(m): 11:09am On Jan 30
Just imagine a country that is more corrupt than Nigeria. Just imagine
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by Blackfire(m): 11:09am On Jan 30
Can you bet it by next year Nigeria will occupy from number 1 to 150

Giant of African corruption, from election to subsidy
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by peterboro: 11:09am On Jan 30
EreluRoz:
So there are still countries worse than Nigeria and Nigerians are quick to portray the bad image to the world.

Rubbish talk!.

NIGERIAN IS SUPPOSED TO BE ON THE LIST AS NUMBER 1.
But they will still bypass it with Tinubu system of winning 2023 election.

Nigeria has the money to change any result.
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by qtx(m): 11:10am On Jan 30
oz4real83:
I pity the citizens whose countries are more corrupt than Nigeria shocked
There is no country that is more corrupt than Nigeria Transparency International did not compute those values well; Nigeria should have been -0. Maybe they are just pitying us, we the citizens suffering the effect.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by Negroid001(m): 11:10am On Jan 30
So Nigeria dey learn work?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by Tochi360: 11:12am On Jan 30
Those Countries wey Nigeria corrupt pass,na God hand their matter dey oo shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by Sijo01(f): 11:12am On Jan 30
tinubu will soon take Nigeria to the first position. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by Elinosweet143(f): 11:12am On Jan 30
You are very correct there and that is where our major problem lies, if only people would have a little bit of conscience it wont be as bad as it is. We need to work on my mindset and greed level individually, we knw the government is messed up but we sef get our own full body
TimeManager:
Might really not be far from the truth, an average nigerian in our private space, goes to buy goods worth of 50,000 in the North, sell in the South for 150,000 and then blame the Government for hike in price rather than the greed of an average individual. You walk into a shop to buy a product for a price, when you go back to same seller the next day to buy same product still in stock, he inflates the price by some margins, inflating the price of an old stock. Greed breeds corruption, an average Nigerian is made of greed.

-kiss the truth!
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by MrPADDY(m): 11:13am On Jan 30
Sad reality.
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by nairalanda1(m): 11:14am On Jan 30
Yep we ain't ready to fight corruption.
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by Ameboperoo(m): 11:15am On Jan 30
harsysky:

I don't think the guy far above me understands what corruption is. When I buy a product and decide to sell times 10 of what I bought, it hasn't made me a corrupt person. I have not taken anyone's money through fraudulent means because even the person whom I am selling to has a choice whether to buy or leave.

I think the number one problem of Nigeria is that the youths do not know their left from right. Someone steals you dry and all you could call corruption is a trader who toils day and night even in the midst of bandits to bring down goods to the people. Can you quantify the bad roads? Can you quantify the insecurities? What about the cost of transportation? When the youths wake up, this country will be better. We, the youths, are the major problem of this country.

Don't mind him jare. When you settle police, army, road safety, jtf, local govt State revenue services, etc. You'll know what's up
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by jaxxy(m): 11:19am On Jan 30
funny
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by HENRY940: 11:22am On Jan 30
DJ bulabu on the beat
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by femi4: 11:23am On Jan 30
fergie001:

SOURCE
Just a spot grin
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by badoh(m): 11:24am On Jan 30
harsysky:

I don't think the guy far above me understands what corruption is. When I buy a product and decide to sell times 10 of what I bought, it hasn't made me a corrupt person. I have not taken anyone's money through fraudulent means because even the person whom I am selling to has a choice whether to buy or leave.

I think the number one problem of Nigeria is that the youths do not know their left from right. Someone steals you dry and all you could call corruption is a trader who toils day and night even in the midst of bandits to bring down goods to the people. Can you quantify the bad roads? Can you quantify the insecurities? What about the cost of transportation? When the youths wake up, this country will be better. We, the youths, are the major problem of this country.

What you did is greediness and you're not different from those that embezzle. If someone like you find his way into public service, na so you go deh inflate contract ooo
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:25am On Jan 30
Paraman:
Officials using their public office for private gain without facing consequences. the former CBN governor.

Base on how Tinubu is tackling corruption, Nigeria might be among the top 20 and will be among the top 30 before may 29 2027.
Tinubu is tackling corruption
Now that's something like a paradox
A kingdom divided against itself can't stand
Beelzebub can't drive out demons
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by JasonNOTStatham: 11:29am On Jan 30
Person weh get 34 over hundred dey yab person weh get 29 whereas all na still F

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by Dsimmer: 11:33am On Jan 30
A lot looted under Buhari to be honest. And some foreign countries aiding these corruption are what? Those foreign countries who aided these corruption should be ashamed of themselves and their hypocritical uselessness.

Meanwhile, these useless corrupt looters should be brought to book and return every looted money back to the country.

Btw, it's time for OPC and Akogun of western region to come out now! The murder of the monarchs in their ancestral home is unacceptable!
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by EdiskyHarry: 11:35am On Jan 30
Nigeria is not only corrupt, but a failed nation
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by Anunakeeh: 11:37am On Jan 30
richiemcgold:
Government is corrupt.
The people are corrupt.
Even churches and mosques are corrupt.
Corruption and Nigerians are like this

GBAM!!!
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by Boldideas: 11:38am On Jan 30
fergie001:

SOURCE

As a patriotic citizen, my concern is who is the number 1 most corrupt country, and not who is no 145 out of 180!!!
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by SoNature(m): 11:38am On Jan 30
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Wonders shall never end,you mean there are countries who are more corrupt than Nigeria grin cheesy.

Omo I fear such countries.

According to several reports, when it comes to corruption, Nigerian police dey learn where Bangladeshi police dey. 😁😁😁
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by harsysky(m): 11:55am On Jan 30
badoh:

What you did is greediness and you're not different from those that embezzle. If someone like you find his way into public service, na so you go deh inflate contract ooo

Is there a law that states that I must fix a profit percentage of what I bought? If I choose to sell far above cost price, I will be the one to lose since my customers will reduce. You are one of the youths I was referring to as one of our country's major problem. You seem to not know your left from right.
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by kayzkayz(m): 12:03pm On Jan 30
oz4real83:
I pity the citizens whose countries are more corrupt than Nigeria shocked

Such countries are only corrupt on paper. Nigeria happens to be the most corrupt country on the face of the earth.
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by Gboom: 12:09pm On Jan 30
Corruption is deeper than what people think it is. Some of us think corruption is when politician embezzle public funds or looted it.

Corruption is a bad spirit that you and I are battling with all the time. It is menace that is drawing us as a nation down. It did not start today; it is inherent and older than even the corrupt person. All the work of the flesh in Galatians 5:19-21 are corrupt practices see ya own and deal with it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra Leader Nnamdi Kanu's Death Rumour Surfaces As DSS Refuse To Produce Him / Electricity Tariff Judgement Threatens N300bn Banking Loans / Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.