Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,397 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries (8972 Views)

Rufai: GRV Doesn’t Have Experience; Obi: Yes, He Has No Experience In Corruption / Lauretta Onochie Accuses Obasanjo, Ezekwesili Of Influencing Corruption Index / Nigeria Ranks Lower On 2019 Transparency International’s Corruption Index (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by haffaze777(m): 12:27pm On Jan 30
Always rejoicing over bad news against Nigeria,even as a mod.some people like bad things in their life.
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by abobote: 12:38pm On Jan 30
That is not correct, there is no country in the world that is more corrupt than Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by ogbe88(m): 1:05pm On Jan 30
EreluRoz:
So there are still countries worse than Nigeria and Nigerians are quick to portray the bad image to the world.
U are not well.
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by Ishilove: 1:43pm On Jan 30
Who are the countries more corrupt than Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by Runnazzy(m): 2:33pm On Jan 30
ogbe88:
U are not well.
But she's saying the truth
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by Kinzo0917(m): 2:46pm On Jan 30
Paraman:
Officials using their public office for private gain without facing consequences. the former CBN governor.

Base on how Tinubu is tackling corruption, Nigeria might be among the top 20 and will be among the top 30 before may 29 2027.

Shatap

Which corruption is he tackling?

Do you know d amount of looting currently on now?

I am in fct so I know what I am talking about

because tinubu is yoruba, all he does is excellent

Dont get me wrong. I love tinubu and I believe he will do well .I was even insulted for believing and supporting him during d last election dat produced him.

but presently, he has not performed. There is hardship in the country .. he need to wake up
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by Kinzo0917(m): 2:47pm On Jan 30
Paraman:
Officials using their public office for private gain without facing consequences. the former CBN governor.

Base on how Tinubu is tackling corruption, Nigeria might be among the top 20 and will be among the top 30 before may 29 2027.

Abegi

Which corruption is he tackling?

Dont get me wrong. I love tinubu and I believe he will do well .I was even insulted for believing and supporting him during d last election dat produced him.

but presently, he has not performed. There is hardship in the country .. he need to wake up
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by Kinzo0917(m): 2:47pm On Jan 30
Paraman:

Abegi

Which corruption is he tackling or fighting?

Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by Kinzo0917(m): 2:48pm On Jan 30
Paraman:

Abegi, if I hear say 💭 him day fight kwarruption

Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by Kinzo0917(m): 2:49pm On Jan 30
Paraman:

Do you know d amount of looting currently going on presently now?

Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by Kinzo0917(m): 2:51pm On Jan 30
Paraman:

Do you know d amount of looting currently going on presently now?

It does not mean because tinubu is yoruba and you are yoruba, all he does is excellent .haba na

Dont get me wrong. I love tinubu and I believe he will do well .I was even insulted for believing trusting and supporting him during d last election dat produced him.

Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by Brensemeka(m): 3:12pm On Jan 30
TimeManager:
Might really not be far from the truth, an average nigerian in our private space, goes to buy goods worth of 50,000 in the North, sell in the South for 150,000 and then blame the Government for hike in price rather than the greed of an average individual. You walk into a shop to buy a product for a price, when you go back to same seller the next day to buy same product still in stock, he inflates the price by some margins, inflating the price of an old stock. Greed breeds corruption, an average Nigerian is made of greed.

-kiss the truth!

You forget that if the seller continues to sell the old stock at the old price while the manufacturer has increased price that the seller will have to add (borrow) capital to be able to buy a new stock when the old stock is sold out at the old price?
Please do your calculations well to be a better business man! Otherwise your stock will be diminishing gradually with the current "weekly" increase in prices (inflation) from manufacturers.
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by greatefa1011(m): 5:25pm On Jan 30
With all we are seeing we are rated 145 out of 180. Lie. Before December 2024 it's gonna be 1st 10 or 1st 5. Because the more the poverty the more the compromise...
The harder things become the more people compromise to survive.
The Almighty God will surely Deliver us as a Nation.
If it continues this way where is the place my children will call home.
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by Cabalgeneral: 5:38pm On Jan 30
oz4real83:
I pity the citizens whose countries are more corrupt than Nigeria shocked

Because Nigeria own corruption is lake of hell.
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by oluwafikayo32c: 6:20pm On Jan 30
We should be moving downward instead.With the way corruption is trending in this country, we should have been at 180.Wonder what those other countries below us are doing that we don't hold GWR in.We should be moving downward instead.With the way corruption is trending in this country, we should have been at 180.Wonder what those other countries below us are doing that we don't hold GWR in....
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by doncartel: 7:03pm On Jan 30
The only way a country can be more corrupt than Nigeria is if their president is a notorious armed robber.
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by Nuzo1(m): 7:58am On Jan 31
TimeManager:
Might really not be far from the truth, an average nigerian in our private space, goes to buy goods worth of 50,000 in the North, sell in the South for 150,000 and then blame the Government for hike in price rather than the greed of an average individual. You walk into a shop to buy a product for a price, when you go back to same seller the next day to buy same product still in stock, he inflates the price by some margins, inflating the price of an old stock. Greed breeds corruption, an average Nigerian is made of greed.

-kiss the truth!

Capitalism is not corruption.

Monopoly IS corruption!
Selling fake products is corruption!
Not selling the exact measures you advertise is corruption!

Corruption is the government not allowing other traders to compete in that same business and thereby making a few individuals fix prices of their goods and services indiscriminately.

If you like buy a good N10 and sell it 1k, it’s pure business so far your conscience can hold it. But this cannot be possible if there’s a level playing ground for all to trade in that particular business. Because if there is, nobody will patronize a businessman with inflated prices. Very simple!

We must understand the difference.
Re: Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries by MeineMutter: 4:04pm On Jan 31
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Wonders shall never end,you mean there are countries who are more corrupt than Nigeria grin cheesy.

Omo I fear such countries.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do I Hate Nigeria So Much? / BREAKING!! The Owner Of REMITA Has Been Discovered!! / EFCC Denies Report Linking Its Officials With Arms Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.