Stats: 3,154,967 members, 7,825,023 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? (37160 Views)

Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? / Did You Notice This Lady During Nigeria Vs Iceland Game? / The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ (2) (3) (4)

Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by Empresa: 12:55pm On Jan 30
What is Paisero cooking? A team that can't make consistent and accurate passes? A team that is goal shy?

The only positive I saw in Super eagles is their work rate without the ball. Can they replicate it against less fancied sides or it was the Cameroon game plan.

I can only wish them luck
Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by AngelicBeing: 12:56pm On Jan 30
happney65:
Until he wins the AFCON for us.

To me,he is still Okokomaiko Jose Mourinho

Until then,I can give him his flowers.

But for now,We wait and see!
Hian, shocked

Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by Karnice600: 1:10pm On Jan 30
MayowaTallguy:
Hey do you guys notice paseiro operates the field just like Jose mounriho?
They all fall back leaving only osimehn incase of a
counter even when they are winning this is why the goal difference just 1 not forgetting the round of 16 second goal is through the same tactics and based on counter.
No team in Africa might be able to handle this kinda formation.
It's safe to say congratulations in advance to the Super eagles of Nigeria.
Paseiro is really cooking, give him his flowers Nigerians.

On another leaf, big successful teams are usually attacking teams, not bus packing teams. From Madrid to United, to Barca or Brazil to France, Germany to Spain...
Bus parking is patchy, it could sail as a single, temporal strategy, but definitely suck as a culture.
Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by sirpharrell(m): 1:16pm On Jan 30
Parking the bus with five or six defenders against lower ranked teams, and eventually winning with the odd goal, does not make one a great tactician.
Nigerians should stop celebrating this mediocrity
In almost all the AFCON we have participated in since 1978, we got to the semi finals while playing the free flowing football we are known for.
So what extra ordinary thing has this coach achieved with this negative football?

Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by osothermal(m): 1:31pm On Jan 30
MayowaTallguy:
counter even when they are winning this is why the goal difference just 1 not forgetting the round of 16 second goal is through the same tactics and based on counter.
Paseiro is really cooking, give him his flowers Nigerians .

I'm very sure he's taking instructions from Mourinho
Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by whippersnapper(m): 1:31pm On Jan 30
jlo247:
After we have won Angola that is when i will celebrate those players. Now I'm still Observing
I started celebrating after we won ivory coast
Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by b1olat: 1:55pm On Jan 30
Honestly, the match against the Cameroon was pleasing to my eyes. Kudos to the boys and the coaching staff. Hopefully Tinubu will sip from the cup.IJMN.
Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by Seunfretty: 2:10pm On Jan 30
sirpharrell:
Parking the bus with five or six defenders against lower ranked teams, and eventually winning with the odd goal, does not make one a great tactician.
Nigerians should stop celebrating this mediocrity
In almost all the AFCON we have participated in since 1978, we got to the semi finals while playing the free flowing football we are known for.
So what extra ordinary thing has this coach achieved with this negative football?

They are playing with a back 5 but believe me I don't think they are packing the boss...there are many ways to success in football...u can take the attacking or the pragmatic approach...against cameroun can u confidently say they parked the bus??...the team is not there yet and shouldn't b hyped yet too but I think they are only trying to play based on the kind of players we have ...we don't really have the quality of midfielders that can do our 4-3-3 well...cos ndidi is out...sometimes u have to play based on wat u can get out of your squad...3-4-3 came from Italy...fine Italy is known for having defensive discipline but can they are also an attacking outfit and have seen them play 4-3-3 and dominate possession t..the question you guyz should ask is wat is our 3-4-3 hits the wall on Friday...do we have a plan be cos believe me in the journey to the final that will likely happen...and we will need to go out of our shell and get more foots upfront to attack...I pray they win on friday

Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by spencekat(m): 2:31pm On Jan 30
Negative football
Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by spencekat(m): 2:31pm On Jan 30
KingAzubuike:
The way una dey hype this team ehn. Like it's the best we've had since Atlanta 96
Defensive team can't be interesting.
Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by achimendy(m): 2:43pm On Jan 30
Atarakpa:
You said peseiro is cooking. By the time he cook half done beans, me no go follow you chop am oo.

Hahahahahahahaha

Half done wahala .
Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by judatech: 3:08pm On Jan 30
Atarakpa:
You said peseiro is cooking. By the time he cook half done beans, me no go follow you chop am oo.
😎...my fear....cos Angola dey ball o!
Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by judatech: 3:09pm On Jan 30
bobonla:
The hype is too much sha. My own be say make we win this cup, so that Ghanaians won't come hunting for us.
Omo!
Those men dey wait for any slip up from us... them go burn the Internet...but God no go shame us
Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by Adesina18111(m): 3:16pm On Jan 30
All this hyping no necessary...make Dem enter final first...Super eagles no be average team wey we suppose dey hail and hype for qualifying for quarter finals in AFCON...na like this e take dey start oo...make over hyping no full deir head and lose against Angola
Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by Tesenak20: 3:33pm On Jan 30
ThunderFireAgba:
A strong team like Cape Verde with 3-5-2 formation can ridicule that defense structure.
CAPE VERDE WILL SURELY BOW OUT OF AFCON 2023/24 AT THE QUARTER FINALS STAGE. MOROCCO THEIR LIKELY OPPONENT WILL TAKE THEM TO THE CLEANERS.
Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by achorladey: 4:16pm On Jan 30
The energy from start to finish is what I admire. Teams that keep running from start to finish can be really difficult to deal with.
Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by Madeade: 4:19pm On Jan 30
Una don start again...

Just allow these guys win first before you start all your gibberish
Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by Princezibk: 4:20pm On Jan 30
Iseoluwani:
we know
Every one knows Mou is Nigeria coach, pesiro is just a figure head.
You might be right oo
Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by Princezibk: 4:21pm On Jan 30
Sleekfingers:

😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Most Nigerians can be funny.....the same Paseiro, you guys threw under a moving bus? Calling him all sorta names....calling for his sack.

They did same with the falcons coach ,,, not until he silenced them with a good performance at the world 🌎…

Now the Man is a Jewel 💎🤣🤣
Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by Princezibk: 4:25pm On Jan 30
MagicalConcepts:

We don't care his style of play. All teams we v won are poor. Let him win Angola first!
I no too like hyping. What he has done so far is a poor job. Our win ratio since Poseiro came onboard is still poor!
You peeps with million mouth 👄 sha ,,, you said Ivory Coast will disgrace them , they silenced you all,,, Cameroon 🇨🇲 will rub pepper 🌶 on their faces with countless goals but you naysayers chop sh*t las las ,,,

When they Silence Your almighty Angola 🇦🇴, I’m sure you’ll say they lost cuz they’re Menstruating 🩸🤣🤣🤣
Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by Princezibk: 4:28pm On Jan 30
Gboom:

Forget all your assertion, Super Eagles midfield is not quality, they are just patching and that is why they are relying on counter attack.
Where are the one’s that has Qualities in their midfield today ,,, Algeria 🇩🇿 Senegal , over hyped Cameroon 🇨🇲 and co …

Abeg appreciate them when they do well and castigate them when they misbehave …we hope he adds more quality after this tournament 🏟
Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by Princezibk: 4:29pm On Jan 30
13greens:
I dey with you on this one . I can't praise them yet
They don’t need your praises ,,, Go and praise yourself first cuz you have a weak mentality 😠😠
Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by Princezibk: 4:31pm On Jan 30
thinkmoney:

U do not know modern football. His style of play is ineffective and haphazard .
Did you watch the transformed cotedivoire yesterday and how they played modern football? There was buildup from the back, good pressing and smart distribution of the ball.
We dey play gbaugbau. Na only Osimehin industriousness they carry us till now

Just shut up abeg
you shut up ! With how you described their play ,,, they had to need a miracle of last minute penalty to raise their hope …

Very useless Nigerians ! Never wish themselves well
Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by MayowaTallguy: 4:53pm On Jan 30
This super eagle team won't concede much goals
Not because of keeper but defence and tactics
Almost everyone is at the backline and when it's time to attack they all go forward
Including bassey and Aina
The defence is Rock solid, you guys should just say the truth ,nobody will beat u na.
Paseiro is a big upgrade to rohr!
Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by dankorode(m): 4:53pm On Jan 30
Siberia01:

Hope we won't complain
When Angdoola does the inevitable undecided
do you watch Angola vs Gambia match?all the three goal they scored against Gambia they can't score it against us with the set and solid of our denfeni
Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by MayowaTallguy: 4:59pm On Jan 30
Roger3D:
you'll be surprised when the Angolans teach you the lesson of your lives. Just wait for Saturday
U still don't get the point,if Angola is coming to attack they should expect 5 goals in their own net
Nigeria is dictating the play here
Attack at your own risk
Force to defend at even your own risk
If you want to crack this formation u need a better team coach like klopp or Pep
Maybe u should go and watch Jose in is inter days and get what am saying
Mourinho will defend with 2 red cards and still win matches
U can't understand man
This team will go far in tournaments, not only african but world!

Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by JayPeeOham: 5:09pm On Jan 30
MayowaTallguy:
Paseiro is really cooking, give him his flowers Nigerians.

Who be this Peseiro agent?

You sound like you've been hypnotized by Jose Dos Santos Peseiro
Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by Roger3D(m): 5:11pm On Jan 30
MayowaTallguy:

U still don't get the point,if Angola is coming to attack they should expect 5 goals in their own net
Nigeria is dictating the play here
Attack at your own risk
Force to defend at even your own risk
If you want to crack this formation u need a better team coach like klopp or Pep
Maybe u should go and watch Jose in is inter days and get what am saying
Mourinho will defend with 2 red cards and still win matches
U can't understand man
This team will go far in tournaments, not only african but world!
I hear you. Saturday is not far
Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by optimusprime2(m): 5:49pm On Jan 30
Those who know football, will quickly note that The formation could be very easily unlocked if an opposition team has a classic number 10 player, I.e Rui-costa, Riquelme, Ortega, Kaka...

Back in the day, a 3-5-3 formation against a team with a very good #10, was literally calling for destruction, because the midfield would be completely owned by the #10... and would just lead to all sorts of attack orchestrations-especially if the #10 was deployed in a 4-4-2 formation.

unfortunately, modern football has made the classic #10 position to become almost extinct, which is why these days the 3-5-3 position with the right players, is a huge problem for opposition teams.
Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by Deogratiasfx: 5:58pm On Jan 30
Atarakpa:

You know in this life, no matter what strategy you use, as long as u are getting result, you would be celebrated.
Whatever Peseiro is doing, let him continue as long as it does not backfire.
Re: Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? by Deogratiasfx: 6:01pm On Jan 30
Empresa:
What is Paisero cooking? A team that can't make consistent and accurate passes? A team that is goal shy?

The only positive I saw in Super eagles is their work rate without the ball. Can they replicate it against less fancied sides or it was the Cameroon game plan.

I can only wish them luck

You can't argue with a man with result o. Let's just pray it ends in praise

Salah Becomes Liverpool’s Highest-Paid Player With New Contract / Fernando Santos, Ronaldo’s Manager, Sacked After World Cup Exit / Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67