Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,821 members, 7,831,678 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines (12187 Views)

Irukera Seeks Probe Into Foreign Airlines ‘Predatory Pricing’ Against Air Peace / Poor Treatment Of Nigerians By Foreign Airlines No More Acceptable-ceo Air Peace / Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by Ironbull: 4:14pm On Jan 30
jmoore:

People like you that are ignorant are tools in wayo wayo government. Do you even understand the topic?

Ignorant like you are the one believing one packaged fraud, tribalist and a tax evader is the answer to Nigeria problem

1 Like

Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by aylagos(m): 4:14pm On Jan 30
matify83:
This is the least of our problems as things stand.

They should do something practical about our dwindling purchasing power and naira devaluation.
you go school at all ?

1 Like

Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by Tareq1105: 4:15pm On Jan 30
matify83:

They should do something practical about our dwindling purchasing power and naira devaluation.

This payment is part of what would boost the value of Naira as confidence would be restored to our business dealings.

1 Like

Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by Tareq1105: 4:18pm On Jan 30
dannyspeejay:
Dollar is 1500

Let those rejoicing in the dollar appreciation continue but I'm convinced that by the end of 2nd quarter of this year, they shall share testimony of misfortune and huge losses.

2 Likes

Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by adigun27: 4:18pm On Jan 30
Drop ur number
Edocure3:
For permanet cure for weak erection, quick ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, Watery and low Sperm Count and improvement of your girth reach me on WhatsApp with the number on my signature.

If after one week you do not get your desired result you are free to report my bank account for fraud and post my details online.

Its 100 percent herbal and 90 percent bitter kola made without any side effects.
Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by ednut1(m): 4:22pm On Jan 30
Verified claims Lol
Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by 2mch(m): 4:22pm On Jan 30
Why are the prices which is double what others pay not coming down? Prices in and out of Nigeria? What exactly is the minister of aviation doing?
Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by Lifemanage: 4:27pm On Jan 30
Cardoso lies too much. None of his pronouncements have helped our naira. It is so sad how the guy is clueless.

2 Likes

Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by dannyspeejay(m): 4:27pm On Jan 30
Keep dreaming Big...Dollar is getting high like Balablu
Tareq1105:

Let those rejoicing in the dollar appreciation continue but I'm convinced that by the end of 2nd quarter of this year, they shall share testimony of misfortune and huge losses.
Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by Madeade: 4:29pm On Jan 30
What else do you want me to say?
To curse the country where I reside in or to wish it evil? I said things will get better gradually, you dey complain....

ddippset:
Gradually?

But the Ministers and Senators are not buy their SUVs or collecting their allowances gradually.

Na only were common man dey, una know "gradually"

2 Likes

Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:40pm On Jan 30
Ironbull:
Those enemy of progress the genetically confused gangsters called obidients won't see all these now infact they won't come here but let the news of a cow hit a man in the market and the man injured comes up then they will be here like pooh flies saying Nigeria is zoo, sell Nigeria, Nigeria is dead, the Fed govt is the worst blabla blublu shit.

Thanks to the CBN keep job floating...
But you know it's not Obidients that prevented Imolumen from becoming president right?
Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by Ironbull: 4:48pm On Jan 30
Agboriotejoye:

But you know it's not Obidients that prevented Imolumen from becoming president right?

Your head your problem.

I'm pdp but refused to voted Atiku because of his defiancy and I refused to vote Tinubu because I'm angry wth Buhari performance so it's not your business I chose Imomulen as alternative to exercised my constitutional right so if you are not happy with that pls go to court.

However, since Tinubu won clean and clear And he is from the South I'm standing by him, it is South turn and that is it but I will rather bend than voting or supporting obi it won't happen never so go to court.

1 Like

Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by Okoroawusa: 4:48pm On Jan 30
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:54pm On Jan 30
Ironbull:

Your head your problem.

I'm pdp but refused to voted Atiku because of his defiancy and I refused to vote Tinubu because I'm angry wth Buhari performance so it's not your business I chose Imomulen as alternative to exercised my constitutional right so if you are not happy with that pls go to court.

However, since Tinubu won clean and clear And he is from the South I'm standing by him, it is South turn and that is it but I will rather bend than voting or supporting obi it won't happen never so go to court.

Shalaye
grin grin grin
No evidence
Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by matify83: 4:55pm On Jan 30
Paramount01:

Most of you are even ignorance of anything Economics at all, pls what is causing dwindling purchasing power?

When CBN cleared 2 billion dollars of debt backlog some few months back, the same pedestrian and kitchen arithmetic you are peddling was adduced for revamping the economy and boasting investor confidence.

What did we get in return?

Multinationals divesting from our economy and a tumbling naira.

You can argue you case logically without the invectives you know!

Peruse the link below
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.channelstv.com/2024/01/17/cbn-pays-2bn-to-clear-fx-backlog/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjnt_myu4WEAxURg_0HHVsFDs8QFnoECA0QBQ&usg=AOvVaw1Yl1SGcX7yB6iY6VRbL3R4
Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by Basic123: 4:57pm On Jan 30
matify83:

You sound like the people with lowest strata of the society only think with their stomach. They find it difficult to understand complex issues.
Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by Putinofrussia: 4:58pm On Jan 30
Tinubu's main aim is for his govt to be successful.
He has really taken harsh decisions.
Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by matify83: 5:02pm On Jan 30
aylagos:
you go school at all ?

If the last 2 billion dollars CBN paid out did not save your naira or stop multinational companies from leaving Nigeria, is it this paltry 500M that would boost investor confidence in your market which is riddled with insecurity and prohibitive cost of doing business?

You are too quick to conclude that your elementary economics and market woman arithmetic is the panacea to our economic quagmire.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.reuters.com/markets/currencies/nigeria-central-bank-pays-nearly-2-billion-towards-fx-backlog-2024-01-08/&ved=2ahUKEwjnt_myu4WEAxURg_0HHVsFDs8QFnoECBAQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1_0dcp81zrMaxlISNGR1uS
Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by Charly68: 5:03pm On Jan 30
I love the language verified payments.. under Emefiele and Buhari everything na wuruwuru payments
Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by Ironbull: 5:15pm On Jan 30
Agboriotejoye:

Shalaye
grin grin grin
No evidence

Go to court
Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by matify83: 5:15pm On Jan 30
Tareq1105:

This payment is part of what would boost the value of Naira as confidence would be restored to our business dealings.

I love your rational submission devoid of unwarranted invectives.

In January this year, the CBN cleared 2billion dollars of FX backlog out of an estimated 7 billion, the fall out is the precarious situation we now find ourselves; a plummeting naira and multinationals divesting from our market.

The solution to our economic woes is hydra headed and multifaceted.
Paying "Gbese" alone and not tackling insecurity, high cost of doing business, multiple taxations, etc etc, is akin to only scratching the surface.
Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by lastkingsman: 5:20pm On Jan 30
BigDawsNet:
$1 will now be #150

Lies and propaganda as usual

Kwakwakwa. That era is gone. It will stabilize around 1500 - 1600 for a while and push towards 1800 by year end.

Mark this post
Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:27pm On Jan 30
Ironbull:

Go to court
Imolumen's boy is shalayeing why his Oga couldn't get 10,000 votes but is asking me to go to court grin grin
Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by pak: 5:27pm On Jan 30
matify83:

You are right.

Look at it this way, if a man is in humoungous debt, will he use his entire salary to start paying the debts while his family starve .

The sensible thing is to have a repayment plan for all these debts while maintainig some parts of our recurrent crude revenue to supply liquidity to the fx market.

I understand that right now, the CBN/NNPC does not supply a single dollar to the fx market hence the freefall of the naira, since there's very little to meet demand

1 Like

Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by matify83: 5:28pm On Jan 30
Basic123:

You sound like the people with lowest strata of the society only think with their stomach. They find it difficult to understand complex issues.

And what is complex about paying "Gbese" and not addressing the multifaceted variables besetting our economy.

For the umpteenth time, CBN paid out 2 billion dollars in January this year to clear FX backlogs and the naira instead plummeted to a new low and several foreign companies closed shop from Nigeria.

Tell me how this paltry 500m dollars payment for an estimated 7 billion dollars FX backlogs will save your naira or boost investor confidence in your market when the heavier issues of insecurity, high cost of doing business, low purchasing power of the citizens, and galloping inflation reigns supreme.

If economics was as pedestrian as some of us make it seem, Nigeria would have been out of this economic doldrums a long time ago.
Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by matify83: 5:33pm On Jan 30
pak:

You are right.

Look at it this way, if a man is in humoungous debt, will he use his entire salary to start paying the debts while his family starve .

The sensible thing is to have a repayment plan for all these debts while maintainig some parts of our recurrent crude revenue to supply liquidity to the fx market.

I understand that right now, the CBN/NNPC does not supply a single dollar to the fx market hence the freefall of the naira, since there's very little to meet demand

I love your analogy.

That's what most of the people throwing jabs at me fail to decipher.

I understand that some of them are" jonses" looking for likes.

I appreciate your input.
Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by aylagos(m): 5:35pm On Jan 30
matify83:

If the last 2 billion dollars CBN paid out did not save your naira or stop multinational companies from leaving Nigeria, is it this paltry 500M that would boost investor confidence in your market which is riddled with insecurity and prohibitive cost of doing business?

You are too quick to conclude that your elementary economics and market woman arithmetic is the panacea to our economic quagmire.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.reuters.com/markets/currencies/nigeria-central-bank-pays-nearly-2-billion-towards-fx-backlog-2024-01-08/&ved=2ahUKEwjnt_myu4WEAxURg_0HHVsFDs8QFnoECBAQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1_0dcp81zrMaxlISNGR1uS
I know your type…….no life experiences, no proper formal education, no home training, no exposure, no brain. Just what the hatred you inherited from your grandparents.
Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by 2mch(m): 5:36pm On Jan 30
matify83:

I love your rational submission devoid of unwarranted invectives.

In January this year, the CBN cleared 2billion dollars of FX backlog out of an estimated 7 billion, the fall out is the precarious situation we now find ourselves; a plummeting naira and multinationals divesting from our market.

The solution to our economic woes is hydra headed and multifaceted.
Paying "Gbese" alone and not tackling insecurity, high cost of doing business, multiple taxations, etc etc, is akin to only scratching the surface.

It will be worse if our debts are not settled. In fact it will tack on interest and severely affect out image. This is the right thing to do. Nigeria has been severely damaged, sabotaged and looted for over 20yrs. That damage can not be turned around in one year. It will take time. A lot of the companies that left have left because they lost confidence in Nigeria unstable and lootocrazy environment. With their money stuck in Nigeria. Not because of the policies to reinstate investor confidence. This will go a long way.

When people steal billions and get away with it, the suffering we are seeing now is a cumulative effect of all that theft. There is no sea of money anywhere. Any one naira that is successfully looted, we will all pay for it. A thief that successfully escapes is a threat to the survival of everyone. Until Nigerians understand that, our country can never change.
Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by zegeijuwa: 5:40pm On Jan 30
So emirates airline has always been paid? Can Nigerians in Dubai now breath?
Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by matify83: 5:51pm On Jan 30
aylagos:
I know your type…….no life experiences, no proper formal education, no home training, no exposure, no brain. Just what the hatred you inherited from your grandparents.

I can see you are devoid of scruples and incapable of cerebral conversation without recourse to the barbarism prof. Soyinka talked about.

“I don’t deal in social media. As far as I’m concerned, barbarians have taken over social media and they have swapped the intellectual quotient which used to make and still make social media valid in other societies. Here in this country, social media has been dragged down to the lowest common denominator"
........... Whole Soyinka
Re: CBN ‘Concludes’ Payment Of ALL Verified FX Claims By Foreign Airlines by youngrichnigga: 6:01pm On Jan 30
You clear backlog but another sets of payments are already accumulating or what will they do differently this time undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian In Diaspora Faces Pressures From Home / Is It Possible To Study In Europe With NABTEB, ND And HND? / Help!! Travel To Estonia Or Lithuania For Masters.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.