Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,563 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

Curiosity: Tech Guys, How Does Youtube Manage To Store Data And Videos Every Day - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Curiosity: Tech Guys, How Does Youtube Manage To Store Data And Videos Every Day (498 Views)

How Do You Men Manage To Sleep With Ugly Women? / My Curiosity Led Me To Try Sexual Enhancer Yesterday / Instagram Comedian Cute Abiola Speaks On How Much He Makes From His Videos Every (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Curiosity: Tech Guys, How Does Youtube Manage To Store Data And Videos Every Day by Ugaboy: 9:43pm On Jan 30
YouTube employs a sophisticated database mechanism for storing data, reflecting a robust infrastructure. Similarly, platforms like TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, and the latest entrant, X (Twitter), exhibit a level of complexity that goes beyond mere financial investments. It's a testament to their advanced intelligence and technological prowess. "I dey find how dem take arrange dis thing, e pass money matter. Dem sabi work ehn, especially with dis YouTube wey dey use strong database.

Every day, YouTube sees the upload of 720,000 hours of videos, resulting in a daily storage requirement of 4.3 Petabytes. To ensure comprehensive coverage, each uploaded video is stored in five resolutions, down to 144p, likely with redundant storage. Consequently, the data footprint for a single video surpasses 1GB.

Curiousity want finished me.

1 Like

Re: Curiosity: Tech Guys, How Does Youtube Manage To Store Data And Videos Every Day by YoungLionken(m): 9:44pm On Jan 30
Hey
Re: Curiosity: Tech Guys, How Does Youtube Manage To Store Data And Videos Every Day by immortalcrown(m): 9:51pm On Jan 30
YouTube uses scalable data centres.
Re: Curiosity: Tech Guys, How Does Youtube Manage To Store Data And Videos Every Day by TheFinesseKid: 6:18am On Jan 31
immortalcrown:
YouTube uses scalable data centres.
how you mean by scalable?
Re: Curiosity: Tech Guys, How Does Youtube Manage To Store Data And Videos Every Day by immortalcrown(m): 6:55am On Jan 31
TheFinesseKid:
how you mean by scalable?
The storage space gets expanded as the data (contents) size increases.

YouTube storage space is not static. I mean, the storage size YouTube mapped out in the begining is not what YouTube is using now. The storage space gets expanded with time.
Re: Curiosity: Tech Guys, How Does Youtube Manage To Store Data And Videos Every Day by TheFinesseKid: 11:57am On Jan 31
immortalcrown:
The storage space gets expanded as the data (contents) size increases.

YouTube storage space is not static. I mean, the storage size YouTube mapped out in the begining is not what YouTube is using now. The storage space gets expanded with time.
wow. That's interesting. Can one get a hold of this sort of scalable storage? As an individual that is.
Re: Curiosity: Tech Guys, How Does Youtube Manage To Store Data And Videos Every Day by immortalcrown(m): 12:00pm On Jan 31
TheFinesseKid:
wow. That's interesting. Can one get a hold of this sort of scalable storage? As an individual that is.
Doing it manually will mean an unending stress for your IT team and an occasional serious downtime for your server. So, it is advisable you use cloud-based platforms. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is reliable.

2 Likes

Re: Curiosity: Tech Guys, How Does Youtube Manage To Store Data And Videos Every Day by TheFinesseKid: 6:50am On Feb 02
immortalcrown:
Doing it manually will mean an unending stress for your IT team and an occasional serious downtime for your server. So, it is advisable you use cloud-based platforms. AWS web service is reliable.
Wow. Thanks man. Really appreciate
Re: Curiosity: Tech Guys, How Does Youtube Manage To Store Data And Videos Every Day by Dimaya: 10:09am On Feb 02
They keep adding storage servers every minute
Re: Curiosity: Tech Guys, How Does Youtube Manage To Store Data And Videos Every Day by Davidcorny: 10:54am On Feb 02
With my limited knowledge it's mostly load balancers like nginx streaming videos through cloud data centers, this is just a generalization though, you could build a small YouTube clone with MongoDB but you'd need GFS to do that not the standard MongoDB database.

(1) (Reply)

I’m Considering To Japa Please Urgent Advice Needed / Is It Normal For A Girl Friend To Double Date / The Month December.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.