Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,198 members, 7,835,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Did God Create The Devil? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Create The Devil? (3573 Views)

Why Did God Create An Imperfect World? / Bible Contradiction - Did God Create Man First Or Created Man And Woman Together / Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Create The Devil? by FxMasterz: 3:28pm On Feb 01
Aemmyjah:

Show us where the Bible says Jude quoted from the Book of Enoch?

So, where did Jude quote from?

Enoch chapter 1: 9 reads,

“And behold! He cometh with ten thousands of His holy ones to execute judgment upon all, and to destroy all the ungodly: and to convict all flesh of all the works of their ungodliness which the ungodly have committed, and of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.”

Jude 1:14 reads:

“And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard [speeches] which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”

Where did Jude take the prophecy of Enoch from? Jude explicitly indicated he was quoting Enoch. Where did he quote Enoch from?
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 3:32pm On Feb 01
FxMasterz:

“And behold! He cometh with ten thousands of His holy ones to execute judgment upon all, and to destroy all the ungodly: and to convict all flesh of all the works of their ungodliness which the ungodly have committed, and of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.”

“And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard [speeches] which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”

Where did Jude take the prophecy of Enoch from? Jude explicitly indicated he was quoting Enoch. Where did he quote Enoch from?

Oga
Go and read the book of Enoch first
Nowhere did Jude reference to the Book of Enoch
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 3:34pm On Feb 01
BloomingDale:

Oga, your God is also Satan. There is no third party Satan anywhere. Evil and Good, opposite sides of the same coin.

Ok
You are not even making any sense
Blowing hot and cold at the same time

Who was God talking to regarding Job? Himself?
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:41pm On Feb 01
Aemmyjah:

If an agbero slaps you and spit in you and curse yo mama and damage parts of your car
In your mind, you want to tear him into pieces for such act. That's the instinct but you did not.
Are you cursed for such instinct?

And everyone can see the agbero Doing Something leaving every reasonable wondering what your mama did, to get this shit. Especially as people do not.even do shit, unless you yourself have done shit,

So, you have nothing and stop looking for endless vain arguments.
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:46pm On Feb 01
Aemmyjah:

Oga

You are turning blind like atheist. He just cited Enoch 1:9 and you are still asking for book of Enoch?

I have told you jw is equal to hellfire.
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by FxMasterz: 3:49pm On Feb 01
Aemmyjah:

Oga

Denial won't settle the matter.

Please tell me where Jude quoted Enoch from. At least he referenced Enoch.
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:50pm On Feb 01
Aemmyjah:

Oga

Please in what part of the Bible can someone find the book of Enoch?
Is it Hebrews, Aramaic or Greek scriptures? undecided

1 Like

Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:00pm On Feb 01
BloomingDale:

He has no evil yet he is the creator of all things and has the ability to create evil. It takes an evil mind to come up with certain concepts, oga. He is both evil and good. Thats why I find the concept of Jesus ridiculous.

It is you who requires an evil mind to create evil not God.

And technically, you don't need to have any mind to create as your robots that produce both bombs and cars prove.

Ehen, the cartoon character Big Weild in the cartoon Robots gives you a very apt view of how a good mind produces all things good, even a thing which is evil, like acid has its good uses.

While a good like the cars we all acquire and seek to acquire can become evil because a person like you used it to plough into people in the market.
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Matrix137(m): 5:24pm On Feb 01
Westerhoffe:

Don't wish me bad.
I don't mean any harm bro
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Naijanascam: 6:21pm On Feb 01
Dtruthspeaker:

Yet you wonder how you ended up doing those things you swore you would never do or the best one where you are wondering how you got into the shit you got into desspite all your intelligence.

It is quite ok for now that Satan is your friend else you would have known that "a thousand known enemies is better than one unknown enemy" Mouloud Benzadi

Stop deceiving yourself fighting the devil when you are the devil to yourself.... Discipline yourself and everything around you will be in best interest of humanity...

Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Westerhoffe(m): 7:50pm On Feb 01
Matrix137:
I don't mean any harm bro

Alright bro.
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:55pm On Feb 01
FxMasterz:

Denial won't settle the matter.

Please tell me where Jude quoted Enoch from. At least he referenced Enoch.

All those referenced or quoted from the Bible had a book written for them?
Enoch gave a very powerful, prophetic judgement against his contemporaries and that judgement has a greater fulfillment that will be done soon and Jehovah himself had it preserved down to our own time. It could have been passed either orally or written or James got the inspiration from Jesus or God himself.
Book of Enoch, a book written in the 2nd ir 1st CE is not written by Enoch or his contemporary
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:58pm On Feb 01
Dtruthspeaker:

You are turning blind like atheist. He just cited Enoch 1:9 and you are still asking for book of Enoch?

I have told you jw is equal to hellfire.

Think after you read.
If you have read the of Enoch, you too will dismiss it, it's just a fantasy. One verse written that matches what Jude wrote does not mean that book was inspired
False teacher calling women seed of Satan. Poor misogynist!
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Westerhoffe(m): 7:59pm On Feb 01
Aemmyjah:

Yes, and every other book not added to the scriptures.
Not that these books are bad or evil or may have had misinformation
They are non-canonical or part of the sacred scriptures
Simple

Really?
Why then did the Bible make reference to them?

Do you even know that the Book of Enoch is quite inspirational and heart rending?
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:01pm On Feb 01
Dtruthspeaker:

And everyone can see the agbero Doing Something leaving every reasonable wondering what your mama did, to get this shit. Especially as people do not.even do shit, unless you yourself have done shit,

So, you have nothing and stop looking for endless vain arguments.

See this one
I laugh you
You can call out and say that a fellow man like you is cursed cos of arguments on Nairaland and you say things
But an agbero should hit you, damage your car and insult you, you will just stay there and be smiling shey?
De play
It's like you need someone to educate you on how Agbero behave
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Westerhoffe(m): 8:01pm On Feb 01
FFIA:

bloomingdale don the suck ur prick abi? cool

Who be this one? undecided
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:02pm On Feb 01
FxMasterz:

Where did Jude take the prophecy of Enoch from? [b]Jude explicitly indicated he was quoting Enoch. [/b]Where did he quote Enoch from?

Jude indicated he was quoting Enoch words, not a book of Enoch. Did Jude mention book of Enoch, the book of Enoch was written between 200 and 100 BCE. How did that writer get the information on what Enoch said?
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:03pm On Feb 01
Westerhoffe:

Really?
Why then did the Bible make reference to them?

Do you even know that the Book of Enoch is quite inspirational and heart rending?

You mean that book ot fantasies?
Bible never made reference to any book of Enoch
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Westerhoffe(m): 8:05pm On Feb 01
Aemmyjah:

Bible authors makes reference to some books, letters and chronicles. Still they are not part of the sacred scriptures.
There is no reference to the book of Enoch in the Bible. Only a reference to who he is, his genealogical line and what he may have done or said

Really?
No reference to the Book of Enoch?
You see why I said you shouldn't argue on this?
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:07pm On Feb 01
Aemmyjah:

Please what part of the Bible can we find this so called "book of Enoch" nah? undecided
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Westerhoffe(m): 8:08pm On Feb 01
Aemmyjah:

How can you call a Book you have never read a book of fantasies?
This is how you guys don't learn on time.

It is a Book of Fantasies to you, yet the Bible in the Book of Jude made a reference to its content.

Take your time to read the Book of Enoch and the Secrets of Enoch.
Then come back and tell me what you see.
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:09pm On Feb 01
Westerhoffe:

Really?
No reference to the Book of Enoch?
You see why I said you shouldn't argue on this?

Pls
Maybe my Bible need to be updated
Can you show me the translation that says Jude quoted from the Book of Enoch
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Westerhoffe(m): 8:19pm On Feb 01
Aemmyjah:

Pls
Maybe my Bible need to be updated
Can you show me the translation that says Jude quoted from the Book of Enoch

Enoch 2:
Behold, he comes with ten thousands of his saints, to execute judgment upon them, and destroy the wicked, and reprove all the carnal for everything which the sinful and ungodly have done, and committed against him.

Jude 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁴ And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
¹⁵ To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by FFIA: 9:17pm On Feb 01
Westerhoffe:

Who be this one? undecided
I am who I am cool

Bloomingdale sabi sloppy so? cool
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Westerhoffe(m): 9:18pm On Feb 01
FFIA:

I am who I am cool

Bloomingdale sabi sloppy so? cool

Well, good for you.
I don't know either of you.

And… you don't need to waste your data trolling me…
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:55pm On Feb 01
Westerhoffe:

Enoch 2:
Behold, he comes with ten thousands of his saints, to execute judgment upon them, and destroy the wicked, and reprove all the carnal for everything which the sinful and ungodly have done, and committed against him.

Jude 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁴ And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
¹⁵ To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Who wrote the book of Enoch?
How many people?
When?

The book of Enoch says that it was 200 angels that rebelled and had sex with women.
Is thst true.

Book of fantasies
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:56pm On Feb 01
Westerhoffe:

How can you call a Book you have never read a book of fantasies?
This is how you guys don't learn on time.

It is a Book of Fantasies to you, yet the Bible in the Book of Jude made a reference to its content.

Take your time to read the Book of Enoch and the Secrets of Enoch.
Then come back and tell me what you see.

Secrets of Enoch?
It's ok

Have you read the Goals of Enoch?
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by FxMasterz: 9:57pm On Feb 01
Aemmyjah:

Jude indicated he was quoting Enoch words, not a book of Enoch. Did Jude mention book of Enoch, the book of Enoch was written between 200 and 100 BCE. How did that writer get the information on what Enoch said?

What concerns anyone about the writer and his source in this argument?

You're the one that should tell us where Jude quoted Enoch from.
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Aemmyjah(m): 10:00pm On Feb 01
FxMasterz:

What concerns anyone about the writer and his source in this argument?

You're the one that should tell us where Jude quoted Enoch from.

Where he quoted Enoch from is not significant
. The book of Enoch was written several thousands of years after Enoch death. Where did the writers get the information from?
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by FxMasterz: 10:02pm On Feb 01
Aemmyjah:

All those referenced or quoted from the Bible had a book written for them?
Enoch gave a very powerful, prophetic judgement against his contemporaries and that judgement has a greater fulfillment that will be done soon and Jehovah himself had it preserved down to our own time. It could have been passed either orally or written or James got the inspiration from Jesus or God himself.
Book of Enoch, a book written in the 2nd ir 1st CE is not written by Enoch or his contemporary

There's no evidence that Jude got the text from oral tradition. Infact, there's no such oral tradition in Judaism.

He quoted Enoch.directly without insinuating that he heard it from Jesus. He said "Enock the 7th from Adam prophesied..."

Where did he get Enoch's prophecy from? Your answers shouldn't be based on assumptions.
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by FxMasterz: 10:03pm On Feb 01
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by FxMasterz: 10:06pm On Feb 01
Aemmyjah:

Where he quoted Enoch from is not significant
. The book of Enoch was written several thousands of years after Enoch death. Where did the writers get the information from?

Where he quoted Enock from is significant. He didn't quote him from the air.

The book of Enoch was in circulation at the time of Jude. Jude claimed he was quoting Enoch in a particular statement of his. Where could he have quoted Enoch from?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? / Throwback Picture Of Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor And Archbishop Benson Idahosa / Are There Atheists In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.