Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,866 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

I Just Secured My First Tech Job. I'm So Happy. - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Secured My First Tech Job. I'm So Happy. (26147 Views)

Please Help Me With A Job! I'm Depressed / Please I Need A Job. I'm In Lagos / 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Secured My First Tech Job. I'm So Happy. by honestpoju: 5:33pm On Feb 15
Oh I am sorry I am just seeing this. I am hardly here. Yes I concur. You can WhatsApp me on 08027569011 if this is still available

adonainana:

Thank you jare better person

The front end side has been built we just need a back end developer to work on it . We would be hosting it on hostinger

The front end was built with react js , database was my SQL via using XAMPP but we can change ur back to mongo db tho if thatโ€™s what you are familiar with
Re: I Just Secured My First Tech Job. I'm So Happy. by Billthrils: 1:58pm On Feb 24
Been sending emails via this channel. Please I will need to ask you some questions... Let me have your contact number please or any other preferable means to get to you privately @Op
Re: I Just Secured My First Tech Job. I'm So Happy. by Billthrils: 11:50pm On Feb 24
chinasaekpere:
I graduated from the University 12 years ago. Since then I have been jumping from one job to another with no progress in sight. I discovered that I have been stagnant for Years, so I decided to learn a skill.

I started by learning how to make footwear, I learnt that for a year but I later discovered that it's not what I want to do, although I can make every type of footwear even boots.
Last year I took an online course in frontend web development, for 6 months I studied for an average of more than10 hours daily learning from HTML and now React.js. I learnt figma, scss, CSS, Version control, jquery, bootstrap, Chakra UI and react.js, it was a tough one because I had to forfeit other means of making money. I got hungry so many times, I used my last card to buy data so I can keep studying and doing my projects.

Earlier this month, I finished by portfolio project, I had already worked on 4 projects using react, Jquery, Chakra UI and bootstrap. I designed coupled of web pages using figma.

Earlier this month, my girlfriend who's a data analyst sent me a link for a front-end developer role. In my mind, I didn't feel like I was ripe enough so I didn't apply. 2 days later, I decided to give it a try and so I applied. I was called to come for interview this Monday.

On getting there, the company was working on this revenue web app project they are doing to for a particular state government. I was asked to develop the UI of one of the pages using react, CSS and Tailwind. I have heard of Tailwind before but I have never used it.
I told the interviewer that I have never used tailwind and that I'm proficient using bootstrap. He replied that I should go through tailwind documentation and then use it to style the page on top of react.

So I started reading the documentation, I discovered that it's syntax is somehow similar to Chakra UI which I have used once in my project, the are the same concept of class utility. So I decided to start coding, getting snippets from the documentation and then applying my Chakra UI knowledge to work around it.

To cut the long story short, I coded from 9am in the morning and delivered the page by 5pm.

I was sent an appointment letter today. So my tech journey officially started. It's a junior role though but I'm glad I broke the ice.

The salary is what I have never earned in a month since I was born. ๐Ÿ˜Š
How can I reach you... Let me have your contact please or email
Re: I Just Secured My First Tech Job. I'm So Happy. by Jehu001: 9:58am On Mar 29
Good day everyone, I have been inspired by the comments and contributions of everyone of you and I must confess I really want to venture into the field of tech. Could anyone give a timeline on how to go about it? That is, where to start from, the steps, the programs, courses to take and so on. In all frankness, I'm completely ignorant in the coding line and I need someone to kindly explain the process to me. All contributions are accepted. Thanks.
Re: I Just Secured My First Tech Job. I'm So Happy. by LeoroxFx(m): 11:26pm On Mar 31
chinasaekpere:
I graduated from the University 12 years ago. Since then I have been jumping from one job to another with no progress in sight. I discovered that I have been stagnant for Years, so I decided to learn a skill.

I started by learning how to make footwear, I learnt that for a year but I later discovered that it's not what I want to do, although I can make every type of footwear even boots.
Last year I took an online course in frontend web development, for 6 months I studied for an average of more than10 hours daily learning from HTML and now React.js. I learnt figma, scss, CSS, Version control, jquery, bootstrap, Chakra UI and react.js, it was a tough one because I had to forfeit other means of making money. I got hungry so many times, I used my last card to buy data so I can keep studying and doing my projects.

Earlier this month, I finished by portfolio project, I had already worked on 4 projects using react, Jquery, Chakra UI and bootstrap. I designed coupled of web pages using figma.

Earlier this month, my girlfriend who's a data analyst sent me a link for a front-end developer role. In my mind, I didn't feel like I was ripe enough so I didn't apply. 2 days later, I decided to give it a try and so I applied. I was called to come for interview this Monday.

On getting there, the company was working on this revenue web app project they are doing to for a particular state government. I was asked to develop the UI of one of the pages using react, CSS and Tailwind. I have heard of Tailwind before but I have never used it.
I told the interviewer that I have never used tailwind and that I'm proficient using bootstrap. He replied that I should go through tailwind documentation and then use it to style the page on top of react.

So I started reading the documentation, I discovered that it's syntax is somehow similar to Chakra UI which I have used once in my project, the are the same concept of class utility. So I decided to start coding, getting snippets from the documentation and then applying my Chakra UI knowledge to work around it.

To cut the long story short, I coded from 9am in the morning and delivered the page by 5pm.

I was sent an appointment letter today. So my tech journey officially started. It's a junior role though but I'm glad I broke the ice.

The salary is what I have never earned in a month since I was born. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Congratulations bro!
I am a web developer. I have been programming for like 2 years. I am currently working on an Hotel Booking project which is my first major project that I am planning to add to my portfolio. I work with MERN stack. So, I am wishing if I could get a job offer. Please I need it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Academic Staff Recruitment 2017 (44 Positions) / What's The Fastest Job A 35 Year Old Graduate With No Experience Get? / WORKFORCE Interview Invite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.