Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,076 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects (11403 Views)

Kidnappers' Hideout, Where School Children Were Taken, Busted In Epe, Lagos / Security Agents Raid Kidnappers’ Den In Imo For Six Hours / Police Kill Suspected IPOB Member In Imo, Arrest One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by Curious345: 3:40am On Feb 01
*POLICE BURST KIDNAPPER'S HIDEOUT IN AVU-IHIAGWA FOREST, ARREST FIVE SUSPECTS*

Acting on credible intelligence, operatives of the Imo State Police Command Special Tactical Unit led by the Commissioner of Police, CP Aboki Danjuma in synergy with some local hunters stormed a suspected kidnapper’s hideout in a forest between Avu and Ihiagwa, on 29/01/2024 and arrested of 5 suspected kidnappers namely; Muazu Awuta, 30 ‘m’ yrs, Abdullahi Abubakar, ‘m’ 32yrs, Ozeru Sabo ‘m’ 25yrs, Saddam Suleiman, ‘m’ 27yrs, Bashir Yahaya, ‘m’, 28yrs all of Jau LGA of Jigawa State. The suspects are currently undergoing investigation and have provided useful information to the Police that will lead to the arrest of other syndicates at large.

On combing the forest, two decomposing unidentified corpses suspected to be kidnapped victims and other items like telephones, wristwatches, shoes, and slippers were recovered. The command intends to carry out further DNA confirmatory test to ascertain the identity of the deceased. Five operational motorcycles of the suspected kidnappers were also recovered.

Intense operation is still ongoing in the forest and other identified black spots with the aim of stamping out all forms of crime and criminality in the State.

*ASP OKOYE HENRY, anipr*
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FOR: COMMISSIONER OF POLICE
IMO STATE COMMAND

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by b0rn2fuck(m): 3:46am On Feb 01
I hate Nigerians , you will think this Kidnappers were spirits but I guess it's same Nigerians kidnapping hungry people like us, why would you kidnap mass transport bus and children in schools?, I am sure the police in the local regions and villagers there know them because they are their sons and husbands but keep mute because they bring the goodies to them. Glad they took their nonsense to Abuja now, maybe the government will take things serious, they have been dealing with neighbouring states while they government turn deaf ears till monkey turn baboo go the master state

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by LastProphet: 3:47am On Feb 01
The DPO tried his best, but a call will come from Abuja, the suspects will be transferred to Abuja, they will be freed after the press has lost interest, the kidnappers return to the field and kill more people. Nothing will happen and the in police knows, the commissioner knows, the kidnapper knows, only the public are ignorant

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by nnenwa5: 3:50am On Feb 01
Hmmmmh
Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by Kadejo(m): 3:57am On Feb 01
Hmmmm
Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by jeff1993: 3:57am On Feb 01
In issues like this ehn I really blame the locals. How can such heinous activity be going on in your own domain and backyard and u allow the police wade into it??

Form a tactical vigilante without political influence. They should be the ones to go on this mission. This kind of foreign criminals should be k1lled on the spot.

11 Likes

Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by onadana: 3:58am On Feb 01
The will power to tackle this menace is not there.All lip service,what exactly is happening? Kidnapping 10years imprisonment only,what happens to the death penalty....is there nooney trails to track the ransom movement...so most of the forest we know this people operate from cannot be flushed? I really don't understand.

3 Likes

Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by Vmoukam: 3:59am On Feb 01
Northerners in the East committing kidnapping. Check all their names, all from the same state Jigawa. When they say what it is happening in the East is bigger than what we think, they think it's a joke. Yes, there are criminal indigenous elements in the East too, including IPOB members turned rogues and criminals disguising as IPOB.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by Mindlog: 3:59am On Feb 01
Death sentence is what these kidnappers deserve.

3 Likes

Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by Johnrake69: 4:00am On Feb 01
Every community must begin to organize and mobilize against the Fulani invasion in Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by GanagiBitrus: 4:00am On Feb 01
We should establish Lion Dens in every State capital, where kidnappers & other wicked criminals should be thrown into. angry

The soft penal code associated with Democracy is not for Black man.

8 Likes

Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by tuborme: 4:04am On Feb 01
We are surrounded

1 Like

Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by Danisaint112(m): 4:05am On Feb 01
If the local hunters hadn't involved themselves in the hunt for this criminals, we would have been told it's ESN or BLA (IPOB) and we would have foolishly believed them.

The WOKE ones among us will start making statements like:

"The East let this misfortune happen to them. When these guys were attacking the military (defending themselves from security outfits who came to kill them for seeking for Biafra), they were hailing them. Now the evil has turned on them." Bla Bla Bla... 🥴

Yet, these same people we call criminals (ESN) are the reason the SE hasn't experienced any form of mass murder like what's going on in various part of Nigeria, nor have they (ESN) been seen attacking locals and killing them in mass.

Very shallow way of reasoning by the Ronus. The South East knows their enemy: the bloodthirsty Fulani militia.

As it is now, the South East is unarguably the safest region in Nigeria (with fewer kidnap or banditry activities) because of their ever-vigilant locals.

Before you come quoting, try visiting Google to avoid disgrace incurred out of sheer ignorance.

Meanwhile, how many times will this news hit the front page? Here is the same news from just yesterday:

https://www.nairaland.com/7985954/police-arrest-five-suspected-kidnappers#128202848

Nairaland mods, please try to stay professional. You've been committing this same error for the past few weeks.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by babajero(m): 4:18am On Feb 01
They are making Nigeria inhabitable. They should reregionalize the country or separate the country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by Omoluyi(m): 4:19am On Feb 01
Johnrake69:
Every community must begin to organize and mobilize against the Fulani invasion in Nigeria.

Very correct. They have gone unchecked for so long

1 Like

Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by onuman: 4:57am On Feb 01
Because of one Nigeria, people came from Jigawa to Imo state to kidnap and kill people.
Political and religious leaders of Arewa have drawn the boundaries for an Arewa Islamic Republic through their adoption of Islamic Sharia criminal laws in 12 Northern Nigeria states between 1999-2001.
Anybody from the south who still wants continuation of one Nigeria needs psychiatric treatment.

4 Likes

Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by BigBlackPreek(m): 5:01am On Feb 01
Kudos to the Nigeria police force, keep fishing them out and justice be served accordingly
Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by wediehere1: 5:08am On Feb 01
These people are just wicked
I fear for who no fear for this tribe
Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by Enugurangers: 5:09am On Feb 01
Kudos to the Nigerian police.
Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by Stylz69(m): 5:11am On Feb 01
Hmmmm....these do not seem to be IPOB or locals unless they swore affidavits to change their names!
Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by Enugurangers: 5:12am On Feb 01
Danisaint112:
If the local hunters hadn't involved themselves in the hunt for this criminals, we would have been told it's ESN or BLA (IPOB) and we would have foolishly believed them.

The WOKE ones among us will start making statements like:

"The East let this misfortune happen to them. When these guys were attacking the military (defending themselves from security outfits who came to kill them for seeking for Biafra), they were hailing them. Now the evil has turned on them."

Yet, these same people we call criminals (ESN) are the reason the SE hasn't experienced any form of mass murder like what's going on in various part of Nigeria, nor have they been seen attacking locals and killing them in mass.

Very shallow way of reasoning by the Ronus. The South East knows their enemy: the bloodthirsty Fulani militia.

As it is now, the South East is arguably the safest region in Nigeria (with fewer kidnap or banditry activities) because of their ever-vigilant locals.

Before you come quoting, try visiting Google to avoid disgrace incurred out of sheer ignorance.

Meanwhile, how many times will this news hit the front page? Here is the same news from just yesterday:

https://www.nairaland.com/7985954/police-arrest-five-suspected-kidnappers#128202848

Nairaland mods, please try to stay professional. You've been committing this same error for the past few weeks.
I don't understand the point of this post. ESN are commiting crimes coupled with cannibalism as well. And SE is not the safest - I don't know who you are trying to deceive.

1 Like

Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by deeway200(m): 5:25am On Feb 01
b0rn2fuck:
I hate Nigerians , you will think this Kidnappers were spirits but I guess it's same Nigerians kidnapping hungry people like us, why would you kidnap mass transport bus and children in schools?, I am sure the police in the local regions and villagers there know them because they are their sons and husbands but keep mute because they bring the goodies to them. Glad they took their nonsense to Abuja now, maybe the government will take things serious, they have been dealing with neighbouring states while they government turn dead ears till monkey turn bamboo go the master state
I hope the Nigerians you hate include those very close to you? Not all Nigerians are bad
Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by b0rn2fuck(m): 5:29am On Feb 01
deeway200:

I hope the Nigerians you hate include those very close to you? Not all Nigerians are bad
imaging voting buhari and still go ahead to vote someone who brought buhari into power then, buhari master. See where them bring us too. I have never casted a single vote for APC since Jonathan/obasanjo time and not even APC and PDP after Jonathan time ...and the same set of Nigerians who are crying now will still rush and vote them in next elections, this is not a rocket science, we saw this coming

2 Likes

Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by SaLongs1(m): 5:29am On Feb 01
The government must start executing kidnappers, armed robbers, terrorists and corrupt government officials else these criminals will only get more emboldened to do worse.
Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by Btruth: 5:50am On Feb 01
They should do the needful with the 5 that was arrested please.
Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by cjudy(m): 6:06am On Feb 01
When are they going to raid Abuja? oh i forgot, theyre scared of fulani
Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by Danisaint112(m): 6:07am On Feb 01
Enugurangers:

I don't understand the point of this post. ESN are commiting crimes coupled with cannibalism as well. And SE is not the safest - I don't know who you are trying to deceive.

Akinto the ignorant Twitter user who posted that shit probably, hurriedly, posted such when the Nigerian army was busy burning down people houses because of their brawl with Simon Ekpa Biafran Liberian Army (BLA).

Is it that you didn't see it, here of it or you are just being ignorant?

FYI, I have people back there and no one has ever reported, complained or talked about a shit like this.

All they keep saying is they are being attacked and punished by the military for BLA crimes. A Wicked act that happens no where in this damn country.

Come think of it, he clearly stated ESN activities (Ekpa BLA masqueradeing as ESN) not ESN. He never said they killed or burn the houses. Use your head.

As regards to the safety, I don't know why you decide to choose ignorance over a quick research despite carefully instructing you not to do so.

Come on! A little research would have helped.

Oya visit the thread right here on Nairand 👇 cheesy

Thread 1: https://www.nairaland.com/7813551/number-kidnap-victims-per-state

https://www.nairaland.com/7755406/2023-southeast-ranks-safest-region

If you want me to give you more, I will. And even out Nairaland. You all should keep deceiving yourself while the the blood thirsty Fulani militias over run your communities. Rubbish. 😐

Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by MVLOX(m): 6:10am On Feb 01
Na wa ooo Nigerians don become hostages for their own country
Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by Manager001: 6:13am On Feb 01
Haters won't be impressed about the names
Re: Police Raid Kidnappers' Hideout In Imo, Arrest Five Suspects by Manager001: 6:15am On Feb 01
Danisaint112:

Akinto the ignorant Twitter user who posted that shit probably, hurriedly, posted such when the Nigerian army was busy burning down people houses because of their brawl with Simon Ekpa Biafran Liberian Army (BLA).

Is it that you didn't see it, here of it or you are just being ignorant?

FYI, I have people back there and no one has ever reported, complained or talked about a shit like this.

All they keep saying is they are being attacked and punished by the military for BLA crimes. A Wicked act that happens no where in this damn country.

Come think of it, he clearly stated ESN activities (Ekpa BLA masqueradeing as ESN) not ESN. He never said they killed or burn the houses. Use your head.

As regards to the safety, I don't know why you decide to choose ignorance over a quick research despite carefully instructing you not to do so.

Come on! A little research would have helped.

Oya visit the thread right here on Nairand 👇 cheesy

Thread 1: https://www.nairaland.com/7813551/number-kidnap-victims-per-state

https://www.nairaland.com/7755406/2023-southeast-ranks-safest-region

If you want me to give you more, I will. And even out Nairaland. You all should keep deceiving yourself while the the blood thirsty Fulani militias over run your communities. Rubbish. 😐
Pls, don't respond to ignoramus and idiots again.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of Nigerian Prostitutes Languishing In Europe / Two Friends Poisoned To Death After Buying New Car In Rivers / Police Arrest Fake Revenue Collectors In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.