Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,781 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up (15281 Views)

2023: Why Kwankwaso Cannot Work For Tinubu - Penguin2 / Sowore Opens Up On Abba Kyari's Death| Its A Death Of A Bad Leader / New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by RidorAdeola: 7:11am On Feb 01
Prominent human rights activist, Omoyele Sowore, has insisted that he cannot work with Peter Obi's Labour Party

Legit.ng reports that Sowore said his political ideology differs totally from that of the Labour Party

The two-time presidential hopeful asserted that Labour Party, PDP, and the ruling APC are in the same group

Omoyele Sowore, the presidential candidate of the African Action Congress (AAC) in the 2019 and 2023 elections, has said he cannot work with the Labour Party (LP) because of ideological differences.

In a video shared on his verified X (formerly Twitter) handle on Wednesday night, January 31, Sowore said although he received entreaties to team up with Peter Obi and the LP, the alliance just cannot work.

"LP like a short rental" - Sowore

The media entrepreneur maintained that the LP, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), and the All Progressives Congress (APC), are the same.

His words:

“I often tell the Labour Party people that they are not different from PDP and APC.
“We often argue because they are very visible on social media. And they would attack us all the time.
“So, one time that they reached me, asking me to join them, I said I can’t join the Labour Party – for a number of reasons.
“One, the Labour Party is the party without workers. And that is the truth. And for those of you who knows Airbnb, short rentals. The Labour Party is like a short rental.

“Labour Party is not a new party. The former governor of my state, Ondo (Segun Mimiko), was in Labour Party. He left the state worse than he met it.
“I told them that after the (2023) election, you will be shouting revolution. The next day after the (presidential) election, I woke up and ‘Revolution Now’ was trending.
“I say ‘why is Labour Party trending?’ I discovered that it is the Labour Party people asking for revolution. That is after they were cheated out of the system.

“Right now, the biggest people who are mobilising for revolution are the Labour Party people.”

How I helped Obi overcome impeachment plot, Sowore

Earlier, Legit.ng reported that Sowore spoke on how he reportedly helped Obi overcome an impeachment plot by former president Olusegun Obasanjo.

While stating that he was not obsessed with Obi, Sowore said it was not the first time he would be helping Obi, the LP presidential candidate in the 2023 election.

Sowore also claimed to be instrumental to the emergence of Obi as LP presidential candidate adding that he provided the document used to get the latter a spot in the party.
https://www.legit.ng/politics/1576450-why-i-work-labour-party-sowore-opens-up/

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by SoNature(m): 7:22am On Feb 01
Sowore doesn't have to work with LP. He should go and contest for guber election first because his party lacks the national spread to win a presidential election... unless he's not serious about winning elections.

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by princeade86(m): 7:53am On Feb 01
K
Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by Cassandraloius: 7:53am On Feb 01
Your choice man.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by crossfm: 7:53am On Feb 01
Hehehe.

Small yansh da shake grin tongue.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by Badgers14: 7:53am On Feb 01
Who told him labour party wants to work with him?

54 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by salbis(m): 7:54am On Feb 01
All na the same dem be.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by omoadeleye(m): 7:54am On Feb 01
How many people that helped Obi to clinched the LP ticket? I guess he can't really do things or think on his own

4 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by Afonjacoward: 7:54am On Feb 01
LP can't work with you either

37 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by joseph1832(m): 7:55am On Feb 01
Noise.
Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by tuoyoojo(m): 7:55am On Feb 01
Small yansh dey shake

What is the political weight of sowore

How many votes did he get during the last elections

Who are the people that met him in LP abi them nor get names abi na for him dream them show ni.

He kept throwing banter and shade against obi but in Obi's usual manner he was ignored.

Now he is running about looking for attention

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by kasie1(f): 7:55am On Feb 01
K
Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by DesChyko: 7:55am On Feb 01
Noisemaker. One of those who enthroned this catastrophic party.

The 'they' that approached you don't have names?

13 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by LagosG: 7:56am On Feb 01
The Nigerian youth love to hate Sowore but cry daily about the dinosaurs in power at state and federal levels.

A f***king circus.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by abhosts(m): 7:56am On Feb 01
Sowore helped the worst political party in the history of Africa(APC) get elected into power but is now too holy to associate with LP.

That being said, I still think Peter Obi and his movement should float a new political party with a clear and different ideology that would differentiate them from the rest. He would eventually be frustrated by factions of LP loyal to Jagaban.

9 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by kasie1(f): 7:56am On Feb 01
Sowore you can't make it alone.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by babajero(m): 7:56am On Feb 01
RidorAdeola:

Prominent human rights activist, Omoyele Sowore, has insisted that he cannot work with Peter Obi's Labour Party

Legit.ng reports that Sowore said his political ideology differs totally from that of the Labour Party

The two-time presidential hopeful asserted that Labour Party, PDP, and the ruling APC are in the same group

The guy is just pained he couldn't pull the crowd Peter Obi pulled.

15 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by Solofresh2: 7:57am On Feb 01
I see sowore becoming a Nigerian President In the Future cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by samuelson06(m): 7:57am On Feb 01
Who cares if you choose to work with the Labor Party or not? How many people voted for you in the last election?

Look at someone without any electoral value talking as though he's a big deal or can tangibly help the party. I don't even know who in LP went to him.

Most likely, he made up this story.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by Rebuker(m): 7:57am On Feb 01
Smh. Everyone wants to be a boss, that's the truth.
Maybe it's never really about the people

2 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by JASONjnr(m): 7:58am On Feb 01
This rat face should go and sleep...
Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by theophorus(m): 7:58am On Feb 01
Even Sowore don dey Lamba ElluPe71.
Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by ogolemati: 8:03am On Feb 01
grin grin grin grin grin grin ok continue
Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by Afamsi: 8:03am On Feb 01
This noise maker has never occupied any electoral position before, not even LGA Charman and he wants to wake up one day to become nigeria's president. I think somebody needs malaria fever medication.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by bigdammyj: 8:03am On Feb 01
Noted.
Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by LegacyB: 8:07am On Feb 01
Well I think he has a point……
Trust those children of 8 , to pull out their insult tantrums as usual.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by Blackfire(m): 8:08am On Feb 01
The way obi ignores his enemies eeeeh

They will talk to him and reply for him grin

9 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by Houseontherock1: 8:09am On Feb 01
undecided
Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by DWJOBScom(m): 8:14am On Feb 01
Not a problem
The fact he never discredited Obi and that is a plus
It's left for Labour to stay focus and spring the desired change

3 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by phorget(m): 8:14am On Feb 01
Mimiko left Ondo better than he met it,Sowore should do his fact checking.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up by Faposky95: 8:16am On Feb 01
RidorAdeola:

objective...
however, the enemy here is a dragon and there's no manual in defeating one.
so. bruv, dump the gloves and get grinding if yu have anything meaningful to offer.
gold always came from the dark coal mines.
Afterall, this is Naija

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Confusion As Adamawa Assembly Members Exchanged Blows Over Failed Impeachment / Alleged Certificate Forgery: Court Orders Obaseki To Open Defence Tuesday / Fuel Price Hike: We Are On Our Knees – Parents’ Association Begs Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.