Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,433 members, 7,812,283 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

I've Been Sacked For No Reason - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I've Been Sacked For No Reason (2558 Views)

I've Just Been Sacked / I Was Sacked For Carrying Out My Duty / I've Been Invited For Sterling Bank Job Interview. What Should I Expect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I've Been Sacked For No Reason by FavoredbyGOD: 9:15am On Feb 01
When Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital Ile Ife Osun was recruiting in 2020, I applied.
In June 2021 OAUTH invited us for exam. I wrote the exam and had the second highest score out of over 200 candidates that applied for the same post.
I was not offered the job because I have no connection.

In October 2022, I saw the notice on nairaland job section that OAUTH is recruiting again. I brought it to the notice of a VIP that I know, showed him the proof of passing the previous year exam since no new exam is being conducted. He was impressed, raised concerns on the issue and I got the job

My appreciation post

https://www.nairaland.com/1963601/monthly-net-salary-federal-government/1626#121475324

https://www.nairaland.com/7675334/ever-gotten-job-via-nairaland#122909569

Since 2022, we have not been paid any salary and we keep working at OAUTH. The Minister of Health called us desperate job seekers after we cried out for mercy that we are starving and directed that 1500 health workers be sacked even without been paid any salary. We worked for over a year at OAUTH without salary despite the money they collected for us during verification, the money we spent in relocating, transportation...

Our side Hustle is gone, I lost my four years relationship to this. She clocked 30 and couldn't wait again.
I know of a colleague who have to abort his wife pregnancy because there is no hope of her catering for the new born.
We are pleading
We are begging
Let them pay us our one year arrears

NemoDatQuod please sir, kindly be of help
I've lost a lot in the one year due to this issue

2 Likes

Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by 1TrippleCee: 9:18am On Feb 01
That is God taking you out of unproductiveness. Please leave those folks and do not look back plz

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by FavoredbyGOD: 9:24am On Feb 01
1TrippleCee:
That is God taking you out of unproductiveness. Please leave those folks and do not look back plz

They should please pay us our arrears
Over a year, we were not paid
Where are we suppose to start from
Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by FavoredbyGOD: 9:26am On Feb 01
The response of the minister is that the innocent will not be punished
At the end, everyone was sacked without paying our salary

1 Like

Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by FavoredbyGOD: 9:33am On Feb 01
davide470, mukina2
Please let people know what we are passing through for working innocently
Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by Samsunny99: 9:41am On Feb 01
My dear take courage
I will advice you start a business no matter how small and watch it grow in few years

1 Like

Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by ijeshaboy: 9:43am On Feb 01
This is serious! May God lead you and have his way.

1 Like

Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by 1TrippleCee: 10:10am On Feb 01
FavoredbyGOD:

They should please pay us our arrears
Over a year, we were not paid
Where are we suppose to start from

Oga, God is chasing you to a more fruitful place. Focus on the path ahead.
Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by Pussyisgud: 11:17am On Feb 01
This is just the beginning, Tilumgbu till 2097
Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by Lisa290: 11:55am On Feb 01
@seun, please to front page

1 Like

Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by anu3: 12:36pm On Feb 01
Thankful to God I got sacked a few years ago when I told a white boss I couldn't do odd hours. It felt terrible but thank God after some months of struggling and hoping in God much better opportunities showed up.

So the sack was a blessing in disguise...

6 Likes

Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by PureFace1(m): 12:47pm On Feb 01
I prefer to be jobless than to be doing a job i have little control over in this Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by Dronedude(m): 1:13pm On Feb 01
Nawahoo, see how Nigeria treats its medical personnel and then he are expecting the medical japa to stop?

1 Like

Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by Onuimo1(m): 1:14pm On Feb 01
While you are praying and waiting for the arreas to be paid, get something doing so you don't get depressed overtime. No matter how small be it small business or other kind of job that you can survive with for the time being.
You never know what lies ahead.....

God see you through
Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by Talkisneeded: 1:20pm On Feb 01
Samsunny99:
My dear take courage
I will advice you start a business no matter how small and watch it grow in few years

What kind of advice is this.. In which economy?? With what capital??
Bro no vex about my outburst, I'm also tired about the situation of this country.. It's an endless pit,only the bravest among the brave will survive this tsunami

2 Likes

Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by DivinegiftofGod: 1:46pm On Feb 01
The Lord is your strength. Keep pushing and God will come through for you and the others affected.
Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by Seunpapa65: 2:09pm On Feb 01
Even favored by God no see favor angry sad
Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by iwriteall: 2:42pm On Feb 01
How can you work for a year without being payed??
Like how do you guys do this How'd you survive?? Jesus Christ
Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by Zanzibar1: 3:15pm On Feb 01
I saw your post on our sport thread and I thought to myself that you were making a mistake by posting it online. But then again I saw it that many people were facing the same issues.
Its called job racketeering and you know. That is back door employment and you know.

Its life. Don't worry everything will be fine.
If one door closes another Doors will open.
I hope you guys are reinstated and paid everything being owed.

May the lord be with you
Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by CHRISTFUCKER: 3:29pm On Feb 01
This only happens when you're a wagie
Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by Samsunny99: 3:46pm On Feb 01
Talkisneeded:

Bro no vex about my outburst, I'm also tired about the situation of this country.. It's an endless pit,only the bravest among the brave will survive this tsunami
Baba I understand you
Last last no matter what there is joy in you earning a living by yourself than answering YES SIR to people

1 Like

Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by Blitzking: 4:36pm On Feb 01
FavoredbyGOD:
When Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital Ile Ife Osun was recruiting in 2020, I applied.
In June 2021 OAUTH invited us for exam. I wrote the exam and had the second highest score out of over 200 candidates that applied for the same post.
I was not offered the job because I have no connection.

In October 2022, I saw the notice on nairaland job section that OAUTH is recruiting again. I brought it to the notice of a VIP that I know, showed him the proof of passing the previous year exam since no new exam is being conducted. He was impressed, raised concerns on the issue and I got the job

My appreciation post

https://www.nairaland.com/1963601/monthly-net-salary-federal-government/1626#121475324

https://www.nairaland.com/7675334/ever-gotten-job-via-nairaland#122909569

Since 2022, we have not been paid any salary and we keep working at OAUTH. The Minister of Health called us desperate job seekers after we cried out for mercy that we are starving and directed that 1500 health workers be sacked even without been paid any salary. We worked for over a year at OAUTH without salary despite the money they collected for us during verification, the money we spent in relocating, transportation...

Our side Hustle is gone, I lost my four years relationship to this. She clocked 30 and couldn't wait again.
I know of a colleague who have to abort his wife pregnancy because there is no hope of her catering for the new born.
We are pleading
We are begging
Let them pay us our one year arrears

So sorry for your 4 year relationship..u try oo during my time I had to postpone my service year to earn enough to marry my wife also a dr...she was 30 too couldn't afford to loose her...we are both doing fine now.

1 Like

Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by lonelyatdtop: 6:13pm On Feb 01
Sorry , but let me ask this question.
What was your source of motivation? How did you manage to survive for a year, transportation, feeding, and your overall wellness?
Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by aysnoopy(m): 9:03pm On Feb 01
Talkisneeded:

Don't mind those mumu that'll saying start a business. Someone that hasn't been paid for over a year, where he wan see money start business. Na stone he'll use as capital abi
Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by Kevineleven(m): 11:36pm On Feb 01
Samsunny99:
My dear take courage
That also takes the grace of God in this country right now
Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by kovic7(m): 5:37am On Feb 02
How do u work for one year without getting paid though?
Is it that u were recieving side money that augmented your salaries?
Personally, there's no way I'd work without pay for more than two months, no who I'm working for...
Responsibilities go tell u to run.
Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by toujurs: 5:53am On Feb 02
4 + 4 + Renewed hope grin I am very sure if another election comes up, you will still vote for Apc, So stop complaining.
Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by CAPTIVATOR: 1:24pm On Feb 04
This is sad to read , I really hope this issue get the needed coverage, you guys are human beings and not slaves , nobody deserves this treatment... God is in control, he will made a way for you, I am very sure of that.

1 Like

Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by CAPTIVATOR: 1:25pm On Feb 04
toujurs:
4 + 4 + Renewed hope grin I am very sure if another election comes up, you will still vote for Apc, So stop complaining.

This is insensitive. You think it's only those that voted APC that stuff affected ?
Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by FavoredbyGOD: 4:19pm On Feb 04
CAPTIVATOR:
This is sad to read , I really hope this issue get the needed coverage, you guys are human beings and not slaves , nobody deserves this treatment... God is in control, he will made a way for you, I am very sure of that.

Amen
Re: I've Been Sacked For No Reason by talk2chomchom: 12:16pm On Feb 08
anu3:
Thankful to God I got sacked a few years ago when I told a white boss I couldn't do odd hours. It felt terrible but thank God after some months of struggling and hoping in God much better opportunities showed up.

So the sack was a blessing in disguise...
please I just want to confirm something from you ma, in one of the thread here on Nairaland, somebody asked this question " This is a great! Kudos to you OP! May the Almighty continue to strengthen you. Please where can I get remote teaching jobs? Preferably from American & Canadian clients. British clients no dey pay well. cheesy cheesy relative to the question,someone directed the poster to reach out to you . I want to know if you've got any connection to suchas obtainable in the question. Because I'm interested too. Sorry, I just have to quote you to hear directly from you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lastest Jobs This Week / Skye Bank Aptitude Test Format / Drivers Are Needed Urgently For Lagos State Corporate Cab/taxi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.