Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,764 members, 7,831,452 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts (27406 Views)

Isaac Fayose Mock Atiku, PDP Over Absent Of Wike, Fayose At Osun Rally (Video) / Isaac Fayose: Jandor And Funke Akindele Ticket, Wedding In Government House? / Ibrahim Obanikoro To CBN: Close Domiciliary Accounts For 12 Months To Save Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:07am On Feb 02
Crude method that isn't feasible.
Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by ZaddyJ: 9:07am On Feb 02
koresh:
Sentiment go kill us for this country. Just bvos he mentioned OBI name you are couldn't see what the guy is simply saying. Why would you keep dollars in a naira economy and you expect your economy to boom...shey oyinbo dey keep naira the wey we dey keep dollars abi they will because of us print excess. If Tinubu can do what the guy said see as dollar will fall yakata
Bros all I see from your typo is totalization of rubbish no sense in it.
In kenya where I went for safari and new years with my wife from the international, to local cafe ,to the art shops they quote everything in dollar before their Kenya shillings first .
We were planning to board a flight from nairobi to Mombasa the luggage we carried was overweight ,and was charged $50 I told my wife I want to make the payments so she doesnt use her credit card the lady at the counter refused and said they dont collect anyother money other the dollar or kenyan shillings.
The only way to collapse the economy completely is to tamper people's domiciliary account of which most re owned by foreigners who re still managing to invest in our economy that's been in comatose
Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by Angelfrost(m): 9:08am On Feb 02
Tinubu can't do that... What about the Millions of Dollars in his own account, and that of Seyi?!!

3 Likes

Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by MentalCase98: 9:09am On Feb 02
matify83:
Even Elon musk plus Jeff Bezos combined wealth is not up to a trillion dollars .

If PO has such amount, then it's obviously not gotten from our economy.

Lol did he really say Obi has one trillion dollars in his account? 😂😂

This guy must be in some hard drugs.
Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by NextUK: 9:09am On Feb 02
All this obidient ipob quoting me where in my comment did I claim obi as trillion in dollar ?

If the loot Peter Obi stole from Anambra coffers into his daughter Gabrielle's Pandora account is not up to a trillion dollar he should come out and say so n let the world know how much exactly he as looted so everybody can stop the guessing game.

After all that was all foolish obidient ipob claim Tinubu looted fund in bullion van even when he was not in govt but same obidient ipob completely ignore when the Lagos commissioner of police in Lagos Marvel Akpoyibo caught same Peter Pandora. Obi red handed looted over ₦250 million monthly with his personal governor's convey from Anambra to his warehouse in Lagos n today no one is talking about such daredevil looting.

This exposure by Fayose must not go unanswered like Obi Pandora governor convoy loot of over ₦250 million. He must address the press on it. Simple as A B C.

jmoore:

Rest! Do you know what is trillion dollars? Nigeria government get trillion dollars?

You have to be naive to demand that Obi responds to the ridiculous allegation.
You should be calling for the brain examination of Isaac Fayose.
tuzle:
and what is the claim here?
Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by Hedonisco: 9:13am On Feb 02
koresh:
Sentiment go kill us for this country. Just bvos he mentioned OBI name you are couldn't see what the guy is simply saying. Why would you keep dollars in a naira economy and you expect your economy to boom...shey oyinbo dey keep naira the wey we dey keep dollars abi they will because of us print excess. If Tinubu can do what the guy said see as dollar will fall yakata

Some of you bloody illiterates should rather keep quiet rather than foul up the public space with your loud and irritating ignorance.
Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by Karleb(m): 9:13am On Feb 02
A very excellent call.

After that, they should seize the naira accounts too and if naira is still falling, the government should deploy taskforce to empty money from the citizens pockets at their respective residences. undecided
Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by yemmywesey(m): 9:14am On Feb 02
A Colorado economist
Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by mikywonder(m): 9:15am On Feb 02
yarimo:
Peter obi is a well known criminal minded man

Like ur fada
Ehu
Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by victorazy(m): 9:15am On Feb 02
Thief.
Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by SoNature(m): 9:16am On Feb 02
Dsimmer:
I like the idea of banning speculators. Best way to crash it is to employ Ethiopia law which is to Ban all BDC and speculators. Anyone found violating it should be jailed and get their funds seized!

BDC are not speculators. They form a segment of the FX market that determines the real exchange rate. You cannot even get dollars at the so-called official rates. What does it tell you about the official rate?
Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by victorazy(m): 9:16am On Feb 02
yarimo:
Peter obi is a well known criminal minded man

Like your great grandfather and your generation will always be.
Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by NextUK: 9:16am On Feb 02
So according to your Igbo wisdom you expect to be hoarding dollar n at the same time expect naira to come down ?!

MrProlific95:
Is this guy coke addict?
Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by crismark(m): 9:16am On Feb 02
Dsimmer:
I like the idea of banning speculators. Best way to crash it is to employ Ethiopia law which is to Ban all BDC and speculators. Anyone found violating it should be jailed and get their funds seized!
How will they identify speculators?
Abi you just online dey spew trash
Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by kingthreat(m): 9:17am On Feb 02
This should start first with Tinubu. Or you think he does not have millions of USD in his own account?

2 Likes

Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by Yelight(m): 9:19am On Feb 02
You guys are taking this too far, the Isaac Fayose knows he won't get the needed attention if Obi's name is not mentioned in his talk. So understand with him!!!
Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by ZaddyJ: 9:20am On Feb 02
I think the best solution for now is for the government to allow the dollar to use as a second mean of legal tender in making payments for purchase. Like other African countries whose currency is higher than ours
Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by jmoore(m): 9:20am On Feb 02
NextUK:
All this obidient ipob quoting me where in my comment did I claim obi as trillion in dollar ?

If the loot Peter Obi stole from Anambra coffers into his daughter Gabrielle's Pandora account is not up to a trillion dollar he should come out and say so n let the world know how much exactly he as looted so everybody can stop the guessing game.

After all that was all foolish obidient ipob claim Tinubu looted fund in bullion van even when he was not in govt but same obidient ipob completely ignore when the Lagos commissioner of police in Lagos Marvel Akpoyibo caught same Peter Pandora. Obi red handed looted over 250 million monthly with his personal governor's convey from Anambra to his warehouse in Lagos n today no one is talking about such daredevil looting.
Stop bababuing.. Only a person that doesn't have a brain will ask Obi for explanation on a trillion dollar. How much is the richest person worth?
Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by Eriokanmi: 9:21am On Feb 02
He will shoot himself in the leg becasue tinubu himself will be first casualty. It would be a good development if this can be done but I doubt.

The entire national assembly will boil. These are the people destroying Nigeria, not the common man.

1 Like

Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by gbazango(m): 9:23am On Feb 02
E easy like that??
Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by amedualiyu(m): 9:25am On Feb 02
Yes, this is the permanent solution to this dollar/naira issue. However, it will not work as those in power keep, launder and steal using same dollar. They will never support the ideal. They will kill it instantly. You know how they were sharing same dollars during party primary elections.

skj1377:
Good idea. It will be implemented someday. Domiciliary accounts should be prohibited. You can't store idle funds in dollars in a Naira economy. Idle funds are not good for an economy
Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by ogawisdom(m): 9:26am On Feb 02
grin
Is that the solution

I honestly support any drastic measure to stop naira from further depreciation
Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by koyeni(m): 9:27am On Feb 02
N3TRAL:
Nigeria would be the richest country in the world if a third-tier bank like Fidelity bank has 1 trillion USD.

Mr. Fayose has a low Iq. No bank in Nigeria has 1 billion USD. All the commercial banks in Nigeria don't have 1 billion USD cumulatively.

Nigeria is freaking bankrupt and failed state.

Are u saying all the banks in Nigeria cant pull together 1Billion in 1400 places?
Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by dipset01: 9:27am On Feb 02
MrProlific95:
Is this guy coke addict?

He is speaking the truth, many nigerians now keep money in dorm account, which is also parrt of the problem we have today, let them close all dorm account. give people the naira equivalent
Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by Diligence: 9:27am On Feb 02
Let's reason/IMAGINE with this Isaac Fayose as follows:

1. Tinubu makes such announcement
2. There's panic withdrawal
3. More dollars would now be moved overseas
4. More physical dollars would now be further hoarded.
5. Where is the naira (scarcity) to change the dollars
6. Where are the dollars to meet massive panic withdrawal
7. Wetin be hyper/super-INFLATION again!

U know it's End-Time, when Isaac Fayose is advising Tinubu & CBN!

1 Like

Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by waveman2: 9:28am On Feb 02
This will bring a total collapse of your naira.

ZaddyJ:
I think the best solution for now is for the government to allow the dollar to use as a second mean of legal tender in making payments for purchase. Like other African countries whose currency is higher than ours
Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by seunjungle1(m): 9:28am On Feb 02
That exact what Mr president should do....change their dollars to naira at the rate of 300 naira to 1dollar.
Their eyes go clear sharp sharp
Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by dannyspeejay(m): 9:28am On Feb 02
Illiterates everywhere
Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by Tealcrestmedia(m): 9:29am On Feb 02
Hope this guy is normal?
Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by dipset01: 9:32am On Feb 02
ZaddyJ:

Stop talking like an enemy of progress I am married to an American woman we both own a joint account of dom account so re you saying they should seize our hard earn money ?
We were in Kenya for the safari and NYE in dec/ jan everything they charge us after getting goods and services ( especially the art shop) we will be quoted in dollars by the local yet this does not stop their shillings from moving further and or higher than naira.
At the BDC a shilling is #4.5 meaning every 1000 kenya shillings gets you #4500 .
So why target people's hard earn income ?

Oga, open American bank account and put your dollars there, when you need it withdraw there. IF you are staying in naija and want to travel, apply for pta and bta. You cant be pilling dollars in your dorm account when people who truly need it cant get it. Money is meant to move in an economy. You guys are all betting against the Nigerian currency. Even US doesnt allow this kind of banking.
Re: Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts by Meti99(m): 9:32am On Feb 02
Are you okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency / Buhari Supporters Clash In Abuja, Exchange Hot Punches (PHOTOS/VIDEO) / Buhari: Local Government System Has Been Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.