Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? (2132 Views)

Don't Make The Mistake Of Marrying Women In These Categories / Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? / The Disadvantage Of Marrying A Fat Woman (see Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by Hisimperialmaje(m): 9:05pm On Feb 02
Girl wey you no even sleep with na hom you de claim girlfriend,, wait till Dem wreck your future for you

4 Likes

Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by Bliztzer: 9:11pm On Feb 02
GodPrince:
I greet you all. My people pls help me address this properly. There's this babe I met at an Agricultural programme in 2023 last year we exchanged contacts and started communicating but it was a rare communication initially we just talked only about our agric programmes and some times we just chat a little after I buy data from her, she's a graphic designer and data vendor, she doesn't even disturb me for money. fast forward to when she claimed to be single so I proposed a love affair she told me she's single mom and everything that happened, I understood her n felt for her but I really love this girl especially her eye color. she accepted we started dating, she has been so nice sometimes she gave me data I didn't ask for, she even proposed to give me some money to put in my business but I stylishly rejected it because I know how women are, she's really been so nice and loving but later on she got too confident that maybe I love her too much so she kind of snub me and act somehow sometimes, I actually love this female and intend to marry her because we have alot in common in respect to life interests and careers. I feel this inner peace I never felt before but I just dislike her being single mom, she has promised me sex several times but I just give her excuse for us not to have sex because if I don't marry her later on she will say I used and dumped her and that's not my intention for her, my intention is beyond just sex so I won't do it with her since I don't know if I can marry her. lately we were chatting I asked her if she still has feelings for her ex and she admitted to me that recently she felt something for him because the guy recently started caring for her. So I was like ok, since then I limited the conversations and she too kept ignoring me also, 2 times she misbehaved b4 but she used emotional blackmail to get me back and my conscience starts judging me not to leave her because I know honestly her type is rare these days, but till now about 4 days we have not communicated and I already moved on. I remember I read somebody's comment on nairaland that said "single mother na person wife". So like I've moved on and I don't intend to continue no matter the emotional blackmail she may put up later, have I taken the right step by moving on? or I should try to mend things if the female reaches out again? Is it okay to marry a single mom? What are the possible dangers?

run o!
No take am play.

Otherwise na you she go use and dump.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by ITbomb(m): 11:56pm On Feb 02
With what I know today, I would probably marry a single mum only if
1. She is working (skilled self employed or government)
2. Her kpekus is still tight and neat (no tear or natural earrings)
3. The child is a girl

Reason is, when you marry and the first baby comes, finding help is very risky these days, so why not use someone already related in the family - my stepdaughter.
Even if the real father comes later, it doesn't matter because even if I had pick a house help from anywhere and train, she will still go back to her parents but at least, she was helpful while with me

2 Likes

Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by Coldspice: 12:43am On Feb 03
GodPrince:
I greet you all. My people pls help me address this properly. There's this babe I met at an Agricultural programme in 2023 last year we exchanged contacts and started communicating but it was a rare communication initially we just talked only about our agric programmes and some times we just chat a little after I buy data from her, she's a graphic designer and data vendor, she doesn't even disturb me for money. fast forward to when she claimed to be single so I proposed a love affair she told me she's single mom and everything that happened, I understood her n felt for her but I really love this girl especially her eye color. she accepted we started dating, she has been so nice sometimes she gave me data I didn't ask for, she even proposed to give me some money to put in my business but I stylishly rejected it because I know how women are, she's really been so nice and loving but later on she got too confident that maybe I love her too much so she kind of snub me and act somehow sometimes, I actually love this female and intend to marry her because we have alot in common in respect to life interests and careers. I feel this inner peace I never felt before but I just dislike her being single mom, she has promised me sex several times but I just give her excuse for us not to have sex because if I don't marry her later on she will say I used and dumped her and that's not my intention for her, my intention is beyond just sex so I won't do it with her since I don't know if I can marry her. lately we were chatting I asked her if she still has feelings for her ex and she admitted to me that recently she felt something for him because the guy recently started caring for her. So I was like ok, since then I limited the conversations and she too kept ignoring me also, 2 times she misbehaved b4 but she used emotional blackmail to get me back and my conscience starts judging me not to leave her because I know honestly her type is rare these days, but till now about 4 days we have not communicated and I already moved on. I remember I read somebody's comment on nairaland that said "single mother na person wife". So like I've moved on and I don't intend to continue no matter the emotional blackmail she may put up later, have I taken the right step by moving on? or I should try to mend things if the female reaches out again? Is it okay to marry a single mom? What are the possible dangers?

Just listen to this mumu.
Single mother wants to use you as spare tyre. Your life don finish.

1 Like

Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by MrBroke(m): 12:45am On Feb 03
advanceDNA:

Guy Marry her.....if all goes well...all praise to God....If it goes bad...u will come and educate nairaland .. cool

But the standard issues most face are:

Wahala of ex: strafing ur wife if she's not over him...Once the ex start to provide more for ur wife......guy..ur home is under threat...

Double authority: "My daddy said", ...my daddy doesn't want me to do this or that" .

If u are rich: u shouldn't have issues with caring for an extra kid that's not urs.......if not, a time will come u will choose ur own kid when u cant afford a major expense for both.wahala go start

Discipline: .never forget...her child is not urs... How u will slap ur own kid is not how u will slap her kid....the outcome will never be the same.

Female children: give urself brain...u will always be viewed as a potential rapist...

Over all..u have more work to do ..because u gats make her happy, make her kid happy, keep the ex in check ....keep her second inlaws in check...... but u go dey alright naaa..shebi u be strong man...??

Omo. You na person way understand people. On point bro. 💯 facts
Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by balaclava: 4:56am On Feb 03
Since you asked, I'm going 2 give the cold hard facts to you comprehensively.

Contrary to popular media-myth I have yet to meet a single mom who was career driven, carefree, balanced, happy; doing it all type gal as often portrayed in most media outlets. The reality I have seen over the years is usually a stressed out, overworked, debt stricken woman who really had no idea children cost so much in time, effort and money. Their careers are on hold as they need to balance their child with sickness, school activities etc versus moving up whatever career ladder they are on. Most single moms are raising their children with help of an extended family member (usually their mom), a bevy of friends and other single moms they find in support groups. It is usually not a pretty picture at all.

Somewhere along the way, usually quite quickly they come up with the idea that they need a "partner" to help them in their new enterprise of having a child and the sooner they can get one the better. Realizing they have a bit of a disadvantage with having a child and being in the dating scene they resort to several well known strategies to get a partner.

One trait that seems to come to the forefront with most men who are dating single moms is just how wonderful a woman they really are. Most men cannot for the life of them figure out why another man would abandon a woman like her. It has been stated that single moms are more caring, compassionate, great lovers, excellent cooks, laugh at all your jokes etc they seem to be ideal mates.

No matter what you see as a man there is something else going on do not forget that. Her plan is to eventually get a partner one way or another. You are the prize and she is going to earn it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by balaclava: 4:57am On Feb 03
Here is a short list of problems you may encounter but not limited to these

1. Being a "partner" means you get to pay for half- if not more: I have seen men putting money away for college for a kid that´s not his. Buying ridiculous amounts of brand name clothes, expensive homes etc all in an effort to be in a so-called "family".

2. The Family you just got into is by invitation only: In being a step- parent you are not the basic unit. The mother and child together are the basic unit. No matter what is said or mentioned before marriage, you will never come before her child. You will always be in a family and relationship where you come second, maybe third.

3. No matter what you think her ex is going to be there forever: In just about every case the child´s father does not seem to be in the picture during the dating and courtship stage but seems to suddenly show up after. Just about every time you will be dragged into the endless bickering and fights they have and you will not be liked by him "its only natural remember"

4. Her kid will most likely not like you very much. Let´s face it you´re sleeping with their mom and most of the time the child will see you as a roadblock to his parents getting back together. Most likely the mom has made you the giver of discipline in the relationship, being the man and all which results in the kid hating you.

5. All that time you had together with your new love will end after marriage. The number one job of a single mom is simply to be a mom. She is not a party girl, hiker, camper, biker, clubber etc. Just be prepared for a frontal assault on your time and money after marriage. You will find your weekdays taken up with homework, PTA meetings, suppers at home, and early bed times. Weekends will be the time for the child´s extra-curricular activities and other activities

6. You will wonder what happened to all your money. Most men involved with a single mom report that their money seems to dry up. Children are expensive and expensive like most men have no idea. Between school supplies, clothing, vast amounts of food, babysitters if you ever want to go out, medications, fees, sports, supplies, toys and such; well, there will be little left.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by balaclava: 5:06am On Feb 03
7. You will never really be accepted. I have observed time and time again the heartbreak of a step parent as the child gets older. After putting them through school, providing a place to live, food, getting the child all kinds of gifts and honestly really caring about the child. The time comes for a grad or a wedding, the child invites mom and dad to the party; and thanks them for all their love and work. Usually there is not even an acknowledgment of effort.

8. You will have no time for errors. A lot of single men get involved with the single mom and her kids when the child is a bit older. Being inexperienced with children becomes a huge burden as the single man has no time to learn parenting skills; and mistakes are not readily forgiven nor forgotten when a kid is 4 compared to 14.

9. You may think it ends, but it never does. I know many men whose single mom wife promised them a completely different life after junior turned 18 or so. At the beginning of the relationship it looked like just a few years and then total privacy and freedom. but it never does.

10. You will have nothing to show for it. In the end when most men have their own children the work and effort is well worth it. The men did their best and raised a family, continued a line, get grandchildren etc. As a step-parent you have contributed as much but you have nothing. Nobody carries on your name and most men realize they are not even ever thanked for their sacrifice.

11. The legalities can be your shipwreck. There have been numerous cases where a man has divorced or left a single mom and then found himself liable financially for her child. Although not the father he will be responsible for child payments, extra fees and most certainly university far after they are 18 check the laws out, it´s a raw deal. Couple that with some alimony and child abuse claims you get the whole effect of being a divorced and homeless dad with not one child of your own.

12. Untimely death most time is around the corner, the mental, financial & physical stress that this arrangement will bring to you will kill you early, you can become suicidal, she, the ex or the child can set you up to be killed for stupid reasons. Don´t involve yourself with these women under any circumstances. It can be in many ways, the death of a man

In the end women have asked for their freedom to make their own choices now for decades. I would advise all single men to let single moms make their choice of having a child by themselves and then live with it. .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by bdon123(m): 5:19am On Feb 03
kiss
labake1:
Justice for single mothers

OP is brainwashed by the society, not all single parents are bad. Some are just unlucky with men
I will only marry dem as 2nd wife

1 Like

Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by Tallesty1(m): 6:06am On Feb 03
EreluRoz:
Some single moms are actually very good, they were just unfortunate with an unstable and irresponsible man in their life. Stop demonizing them
Hehehehehehe.

This one will not allow her son to marry a single mom fah.

Many single mons no fit allow their son to marry single mom. I no understand am.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by Bornboy4: 6:07am On Feb 03
Forget the relationship.
The mistake you made though was not fvcking her. You can still do that sha.
Just fvck and dump her. You can even ask her for some money too. grin

3 Likes

Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by Tallesty1(m): 6:08am On Feb 03
Savedday2:
They are pretentiously evil. They can kill you in your sleep.

They are only loyal to their child and sometimes the baby daddy.

Don't be deceived!
I want to understand something.

Are you saying that having a child out of wedlock makes them pretentiously evil?
Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by Nice2023(m): 6:33am On Feb 03
Single mothers are caring,good and matured but the only problem they have is their ex.

But in all,everything in life has consequence.

Just like this last election...so is the single mother wahala.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by EreluRoz: 7:51am On Feb 03
Tallesty1:
Hehehehehehe.

This one will not allow her son to marry a single mom fah.

Many single mons no fit allow their son to marry single mom. I no understand am.
Stop stigmatizing single moms, irresponsible men make them single mom. Let's talk about single dad for once
Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by Jman06(m): 8:27am On Feb 03
EreluRoz:
Stop stigmatizing single moms, irresponsible men make them single mom. Let's talk about single dad for once
And it takes an irresponsible lady to sleep with irresponsible men! So you see, single moms are not innocent.

4 Likes

Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by EreluRoz: 8:28am On Feb 03
Jman06:
And it takes an irresponsible lady to sleep with irresponsible men! So you see, single moms are not innocent.
And single dads too
Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by Jman06(m): 9:10am On Feb 03
EreluRoz:
And single dads too
Women are the gatekeepers of sex. They determine if sex would happen or not and they usually give sex to the guys they like. So, that is why they're mostly blamed for the consequences of premarital sex.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by EreluRoz: 9:26am On Feb 03
Jman06:
Women are the gatekeepers of sex. They determine if sex would happen or not and they usually give sex to the guys they like. So, that is why they're mostly blamed for the consequences of premarital sex.
They give it to guys they like Yes but these guys are mostly not with genuine intentions which makes them end up single mothers

1 Like

Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by drimzsmoke(m): 9:37am On Feb 03
EreluRoz:
And single dads too

Hey hey pleaseeeee
I'm a single dad and I'm responsible!!!😎😎😎😎😎😎

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by Jman06(m): 9:42am On Feb 03
EreluRoz:
They give it to guys they like Yes but these guys are mostly not with genuine intentions which makes them end up single mothers
Giving it to the guys they like means that it is their desire to have sex, so the guy's intention is immaterial. In fact, guys should even start charging money for meeting up the bodily cravings of such ladies.

Except in the event of rape, I believe that guys should not be held responsible for pregnancies resulting from consensual sex with ladies.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by EreluRoz: 10:05am On Feb 03
Jman06:
Giving it to the guys they like means that it is their desire to have sex, so the guy's intention is immaterial. In fact, guys should even start charging money for meeting up the bodily cravings of such ladies.

Except in the event of rape, I believe that guys should not be held responsible for pregnancies resulting from consensual sex with ladies.
What a response

See the mindset of a potential baby daddy
Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by EreluRoz: 10:06am On Feb 03
drimzsmoke:

Hey hey pleaseeeee
I'm a single dad and I'm responsible!!!😎😎😎😎😎😎
Is that your baby? She's so cute . Where's her mom?
Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by drimzsmoke(m): 10:26am On Feb 03
EreluRoz:
Is that your baby? She's so cute . Where's her mom?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Yes, thank you grin grin grin grin grin grin

She ran away because I'm a wicked soul!!!! sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by Jman06(m): 10:27am On Feb 03
EreluRoz:
What a response

See the mindset of a potential baby daddy
But that's the truth nau.
Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by EreluRoz: 10:29am On Feb 03
drimzsmoke:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Yes, thank you grin grin grin grin grin grin

She ran away because I'm a wicked soul!!!! sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
When you were being unnecessary wicked, did you consider your baby?
Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by drimzsmoke(m): 10:36am On Feb 03
EreluRoz:
When you were being unnecessary wicked, did you consider your baby?

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by ashawopikin(m): 10:59am On Feb 03
I no know why some people like to bring wahala for themselves, op, you wont be able to handle the stress , just wait until you have sex then you will see her true color. If she is so nice as you claimed, why the baby daddy no marry her after all these years?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by ashawopikin(m): 11:08am On Feb 03
Newton2024:
What is the something that she felt for him? This is a red flag unless you don't care if your wife has two husbands.
My cousin have a baby mama, he used to tell me anytime he feels Hot he just starts acting caring toward his baby mama, the girl will just fall and he will sleep with her, and this his baby mama is in a very serious relationship o.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by Exceed15: 11:09am On Feb 03
I don't believe single mothers stories

1 Like

Re: What Are Possible Dangers Of Marrying A Single Mom In This Era? by GodPrince: 5:56pm On Feb 03
balaclava:
7. You will never really be accepted. I have observed time and time again the heartbreak of a step parent as the child gets older. After putting them through school, providing a place to live, food, getting the child all kinds of gifts and honestly really caring about the child. The time comes for a grad or a wedding, the child invites mom and dad to the party; and thanks them for all their love and work. Usually there is not even an acknowledgment of effort.

8. You will have no time for errors. A lot of single men get involved with the single mom and her kids when the child is a bit older. Being inexperienced with children becomes a huge burden as the single man has no time to learn parenting skills; and mistakes are not readily forgiven nor forgotten when a kid is 4 compared to 14.

9. You may think it ends, but it never does. I know many men whose single mom wife promised them a completely different life after junior turned 18 or so. At the beginning of the relationship it looked like just a few years and then total privacy and freedom. but it never does.

10. You will have nothing to show for it. In the end when most men have their own children the work and effort is well worth it. The men did their best and raised a family, continued a line, get grandchildren etc. As a step-parent you have contributed as much but you have nothing. Nobody carries on your name and most men realize they are not even ever thanked for their sacrifice.

11. The legalities can be your shipwreck. There have been numerous cases where a man has divorced or left a single mom and then found himself liable financially for her child. Although not the father he will be responsible for child payments, extra fees and most certainly university far after they are 18 check the laws out, it´s a raw deal. Couple that with some alimony and child abuse claims you get the whole effect of being a divorced and homeless dad with not one child of your own.

12. Untimely death most time is around the corner, the mental, financial & physical stress that this arrangement will bring to you will kill you early, you can become suicidal, she, the ex or the child can set you up to be killed for stupid reasons. Don´t involve yourself with these women under any circumstances. It can be in many ways, the death of a man

In the end women have asked for their freedom to make their own choices now for decades. I would advise all single men to let single moms make their choice of having a child by themselves and then live with it. .
Thanks alot bro. I appreciate, I'm fully convinced by all you stated. My dad had raised 2 children from one of his wives he raised them from babies to successful adults before and after my dad's demise the scumbaggs never showed any appreciation,There are other better ones out there that fits me. Thank God I didn't even touch her. I'm completely cutting the b1tch off. Thanks alot.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Here's Why You Shouldn't Trust Even Your GIRLFRIEND Or Wife-to-be / The Perfect Make Out:for Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.