Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,196 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) (40416 Views)

Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway Includes Railway Tracks In The Middle / Train Goes Off The Railway In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) / Disasters Are Waiting To Occur On Railway Tracks In Lagos (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) by Dantedasz(m): 8:20pm On Feb 06
Ijaya123:

Can you share with us a copy of the ticket?

I would advise you to talk to these traders who can give you more information. Those traders pay to the local government who give the agberos the licence to issue these tickets on their behalf.
At the end of the day the agberos remit returns to the local government authorities.
This is part of the so called internal generated revenue.
Re: See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) by TimIron: 8:35pm On Feb 06
Seun - abeg remove this snake oil seller from this place.

Justoneweek:
Life on the edge.

For permanet cure for weak erection, quick ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, Watery and low Sperm Count, infertility, improvement of your girth reach me on WhatsApp with the number on my signature.

If after one week you do not get your desired result you are free to report my bank account for fraud and post my details online and call me out on nairaland.

Its 100 percent herbal and 90 percent bitter kola made without any side effects.
Re: See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:39pm On Feb 06
Yugoslavia247:
Lol

Why does the average Nigeria believe that you must block the road to sell foodstuffs.

Seriously, all this is due to modernization

In the olden days we have market days

No one needs to block road.

Just anticipate that date and meet at the market square.

Well, man must survive
Govt can not even give them anything

Govt will ban anything
But to improve life they will ban the eyes from seeing.

U won't understand coz you are not in the game.

Na competition. Most customers won't want to go far to get what they want to buy so the closer you are to the customers the better your chances of selling more than your competitors
Re: See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) by QuadT(m): 9:32pm On Feb 06
This is the same oshodi Fashola sanitised, Ambode upgrade and maintain. This present govt comes in to ruin every good thing on ground

officialwdhtv:
See how close roadside traders are to the railway tracks in Oshodi Lagos - Man laments

#wetindeyhappentv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=todsaSkRrRs
Re: See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) by BenedictAbajue(m): 9:38pm On Feb 06
christistruth01:
The Train drivers should reduce their speed to 5km per hour
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) by Exousiang01: 9:41pm On Feb 06
Sapeleboy911:

So are you telling me the traders have more power than the governor in terms of controlling that area?
I am telling you that Nigerians are stubborn, chase them today they return tomorrow.
You can't blame the government for people refusal to follow rules.
When their markets are destroyed by task force after several warning you would still see Nigerians here insulting the government, saying they are taking away food from their table.
Just beside my estate (VGC) there is a small market that had encroached to the road, about a week ago after several warning without any results the task force went and scattered the market, that same evening they were back.
I was driving out to work when the demolition was taking place, I went to Zenith bank to get some cash so I actually saw this happen, but same evening they were there.

Nigerians hate rules, we make life difficult for our selves each day and blame the government.

They blame the government for flood but they are the same people who block their drainages with dirt, people are coming down on the government for the ban on unreusable food packs, most of the drainage blockage is caused by this packs...
So my brother in a nutshell, is it right for us to blame the government for the actions of these people, should common sense not tell them not to stay there?
We can t blame the government oh.
Them no dey tell blind man say rain dey fall
Re: See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) by mignone(f): 11:30pm On Feb 06
santaclaws:
I remember Sanwo Olu going to Oshodi to speak to the traders and he warned them of the safety repercussions and why they had to evacuate...

Perhaps LASG needs to send a task force there.
Yinmu...
Spaces that are being paid for.
Re: See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) by mignone(f): 11:31pm On Feb 06
lapazi:

It was still in this very Lagos that Sanwolu went to Oshodi to warn them him self, they tried to barricade the area, still did not work.
What else do you want the govt to do. Mr know it all.

The footages are here on NL
Oga, all na gragra.
We all know when d government is ready to enforce anything. These spaces are being paid for by these traders.
Moreover, d govt always has a limit to how they reprimand d grassroot folks, esp in d areas of discipline cos they'll tell u dt they know that they're d real voters (àwọn ni wọn n dibo fun wa).
Re: See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) by santaclaws: 11:43pm On Feb 06
mignone:

Yinmu...
Spaces that are being paid for.

True, but not to the government. Besides, it's for their own safety. God forbid if the train derails or someone forgets to run off the rail track, it would be disastrous...

It's all about safety of human beings, nothing else.
Re: See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) by Bfly: 2:24am On Feb 07
Average Nigerian na crazeman.

No forget say dem dey pay for that space
Re: See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) by Ilekokonit: 5:15am On Feb 07
E be like say na military brutality fit knock senses into the head of some stupid Nigerians. How can you sit down within hairs breath of a passing train death on a rail track and claim you are selling goods.

One of my friends who was a look out for approaching trains whilst his fellow rail track repair staff worked on repairing sections of British rail track got killed and cut into 3 pieces by a train in London many years ago.

He probably saw the train coming and possibly misjudged its speed. Before he could catch his breath, the slow train hit him first and whilst he shouted the fast train caught up with him and cut him into 3 pieces.

In the days of military regime under Buhari and Idiagbon during War against indiscipline, you dare not cross the road when there is an overhead bridge nearby as the soldiers will flog the living daylights out of you and make you do continuous frog jumps and that seemed to knock some sense into the heads of Nigerians.

Who born you to display goods on and turn the rail track into your personal shop front during military regime
Re: See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) by mignone(f): 7:13am On Feb 07
santaclaws:

True, but not to the government. Besides, it's for their own safety. God forbid if the train derails or someone forgets to run off the rail track, it would be disastrous...

It's all about safety of human beings, nothing else.
My brother, me I understand u o, but it is indeed what it is.
This country lipsrsealed
Re: See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) by VIKTO83(m): 8:20am On Feb 07
Lagos govt should introduce speed bumps on the rail line to slow down the speed of those trains. The captain should understand that those people will be buying and selling so he/she ought to move very slowly or pack till they move their wares
Re: See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) by Ganbite: 11:19am On Feb 07
officialwdhtv:
See how close roadside traders are to the railway tracks in Oshodi Lagos - Man laments

#wetindeyhappentv

I just wish they know how fatality is Train accident and when the fatality happened they will blame govt for their ignorance
Re: See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) by lapazi(m): 10:20pm On Feb 07
Sapeleboy911:

They tried to barricade the place and it did not work? The traders stopped them or what? This shouldn't be an excuse please. If it collecting revenue from the traders, the government won't run out of options on how to collect it. You can do better in your thoughts process please.

I can only say what i know.
The barricades were turn down
if you are in that location youd know this.
Secondly i do not know if these traders pay the govt...
they may pay some certain fee but i do not know if it goes to the govt
I have seen some of these traders put their wares on hips of dirt, i do not know how any govt official will see that and still go ahead and collect levies without reprimand

I dont hold brief for Lagos state govt.
The point im trying to pass across is that, we are mostly lawless and evil.
The govt is just a reflection of who we are.
I do not see how any of the solutions will work, I personally do not have one.

Maybe WAI of the 80s can be brought back but then we would need a military govt to enforce such.
Re: See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) by Sapeleboy911(m): 11:45pm On Feb 07
lapazi:

I can only say what i know.
The barricades were turn down
if you are in that location youd know this.
Secondly i do not know if these traders pay the govt...
they may pay some certain fee but i do not know if it goes to the govt
I have seen some of these traders put their wares on hips of dirt, i do not know how any govt official will see that and still go ahead and collect levies without reprimand

I dont hold brief for the Lagos state govt.
The point I'm trying to pass across is that we are mostly lawless and evil.
The govt is just a reflection of who we are.
I do not see how any of the solutions will work, I personally do not have one.

Maybe WAI of the 80s can be brought back but then we would need a military govt to enforce such.

That is why I insisted on the government taking proactive measures. We are naturally stubborn, no doubt about that. It is an inbuilt trait.

Nevertheless, people will not watch a man trying to take his life, and not resist him from doing it, even though the life is his. If they insist on displaying their wares after several warnings then the state government should take disciplinary actions.
Re: See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) by Konquest: 10:11am On Feb 08
officialwdhtv:

#wetindeyhappentv

This is a huge anomaly on the part of these insidious traders selling right on and around the rail tracks.

Energy sapping "community service" such as the public sweeping of the environment and the cleaning of gutters should be meted out as punishments to these violators of the rail track setbacks when they are eventually arrested and charged to mobile courts.

The community service will dissuade them from selling peppers, tomatoes and more on the rail tracks again. Period.
Re: See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) by toygod2: 3:16pm On Feb 15
Oh well, i have seen this particular view firsthand last year at Oshodi.

Even without waiting for Govt warnings or advice , we all should apply common sense.

While i feel the chances of an accident happening via the rail track is slim , i am aware that if it eventually happens, it is going to be a MULTIPLE FATALITY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Begins Immediate Fixing Of 3rd Mainland Bridge - Photos / My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park / Man Dragged Off Flight For Saying Tinubu Won't Be President: Ibom Airlines react

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.