Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,500 members, 7,823,167 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

The First Time He Took A Cigarette - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The First Time He Took A Cigarette (22171 Views)

"My Family Took Me To A Church To Burn Out The Spirit Of Homosexuality" (Photos) / Daddy Freeze: "Smoking A Cigarette Is Unhealthy, It Is Not A Sin" / *The Love of A Cigarette Smoker* (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by superCleanworks(m): 11:28am On Feb 04
VULCAN:

It's the equivalent of comparing two people who got knocked down by cars.
One was playing right in the middle of a busy road while the other was standing and waiting for a bus.

Common sense

please read the main post again and come back with your abundance of common sense to tell me without ambiguity, which one of the two scenarios was the OP talking about?

It would have made sense if he talked about them with the application of separation of cases as you just did, rather than throwing everyone in the same bucket without empathy or consideration.

Note: You didn't have to reply with all those insultive undertones but you did and I recognised them. I will not reply if you tow that avoidable road again. Shalom.
Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by Slimplush: 11:44am On Feb 04
femi4:
Continue to cry
bros calm down, anyone that consume hypo intentionally is actually looking for death itself cos it's not consumable.. Shetiigboooo??

Nor abuse me oo, I don't reply mentions...
Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by femi4: 11:49am On Feb 04
Slimplush:
bros calm down, anyone that consume hypo intentionally is actually looking for death itself cos it's not consumable.. Shetiigboooo??

Nor abuse me oo, I don't reply mentions...
You go explain taya, and you're not looking for death with cigarette?

Which of the classes of food does cigarette belongs
Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by HeightsKE: 12:02pm On Feb 04
Interesting15:
Wisdom For Destiny Daily Devotional (4th February 2024)

by Sunday Akanni

TOPIC: The First Time He Took A Cigarette
‬‬
For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.‭I Corinthians‬ ‭6:20‬ ‭NKJV

There is someone I used to know, a man who was vehemently addicted to smoking and taking alcoholic drinks. He helplessly spent a lot of money every day just to tend to his addictions, so much so that his family (his wife and children) struggled to live a good life.

After some time, he started getting sick, and upon being diagnosed, it was obvious that his addictions had started affecting his internal organs. Unfortunately, he was so addicted that even while dying each day, he couldn't stop smoking and drinking, till he died.

Upon reflecting on the incident, I started imagining the very first time he probably took a cigarette. It would have been exciting and he would have been thrilled with his newly found adventure. Obviously, he won't have imagined that in years to come, he would become a slave to his addictions, and will slowly watch how what he loved sucks life away from his body. On the day of his death, he might have looked back to the very first day he took his first cigarette and alcohol, and wished he had turned it down when offered. But it was too late.

When you see an addict, there is always a first time he or she tried that thing. There is always a first time. The first time, they won't have imagined the extent of the damage they will wreak on their bodies shortly.

The first time you are introduced to something sinful, it always seems pleasurable and enjoyable. It might be sexual immorality, taking what's not yours, telling a lie, injecting harmful substances into your body, etc. Your fallen flesh craves for more, and the pleasures deaden your senses of reasoning and conscience. You soon gravitate into a state of addiction, and you become a slave to what gives you sinful pleasure.

Unfortunately, the wicked devil utilizes your sinful addictions to actualize his cruel aims - to steal, kill, and destroy (John 10:10). He steals a person's identity, strength, peace and wellbeing, etc. He kills the person by causing a separation between them and God (who is our Creator and Source) before dumping such into their premature grave (since such a person has given him the access to spoil their life by slipping away from under God's hedge of protection). He destroys such an individual by getting them ruined eternally in hell.

The first time you do something sinful and you enjoy the pleasure, know that this could only be the beginning of a journey into a nasty addiction that you will regret eventually. Whenever you have the choice to do something sinful and wrong, let the thoughts of the terrible implications advise you to ignore such.

And if you are currently addicted to anything bad and harmful, run to Jesus today and ask for His help.

Prayer

Lord Jesus, help me to not embrace a lifestyle that leads to destruction.

Further Reading
‭‭‬
There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death. Proverbs‬ ‭14:12‬

https://www.instagram.com/p/C26q3BnoNg8/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
God bless you richly for this soul touching piece. A lot of people especially Christians are held captive by these satanic and sinful habits.

Please do not stop passing this message of hope,a lot of people need it and i wish you could put it in tracts and spread.
May the lord continue to strengthen you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by MrJames007: 12:05pm On Feb 04
Atarakpa:
Upon all this hardship you still no get sense to bring a topic that will fetch us money
As in...

What a topic undecided
Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by Magicdon(m): 1:02pm On Feb 04
ShangTsung000:
IYOO...

I'll smoke my weed,sk, Arizona,loud, Ghana loud, Scottish Loud, Canadian loud.Sengemenge,gellato,(except Colorado) till infinity

Why?

Because it doesn't contain nicotine.
Anything outside these above mentioned recipes are not good for the health.

ONYE ANWULU!!!

You are right, weed dont have nicotine
Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by yinkbell: 2:03pm On Feb 04
FUTURE4202:
Pls i need help, i think am addicted to alcohol and i really want to stop but am finding it very difficult to stop. Whenever i take anything alcohol i will want to take more on till i get toxic and starting to behave unlikely. Each time i make the decision to stop, i see myself in a short time drinking again, but trust me am tired of the feelings. Whenever i drink i will want to take more like i said earlier and when am high i feel weak and i will begin to hate myself and alcohol and will say to myself never to drink again but you see it never really happened becos i will still go back to drink the next day. Because of dis i have hated and regretted the first day i started taking alcohol.

Pls i need prayers and serious advice before it gets out of hand. And mind you i was not convinced or approached to start alcohol never, i just ventured into it myself and now am regretting becos am getting addicted to it by the day.

It's a pity that you are in this condition.
Many people are also in this condition; trying so hard to break free from their addictions. Some people would even suggest to them to see a therapist or psychologist to get help.
These professionals could only offer them a little assistance and they aren't able to help them break free from their addictions to this terrible habits.

It's a problem of the heart. The spirit of pigs make. people to indulge in such dirty and harmful habit. Like I said earlier, it's the problem of heart. The heart of a sinner is in bondage to the devil.
Mark 7:21 :- "for from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and make man unclean"
All sinful habits come from the heart.
All you need is a new heart and it is only.
Ezekiel 36: 26:-" I will give you a new heart and put in you a new spirit; I will remove from you heart of stone." It is only Jesus that can give you a new heart if only you can give your life to him. He will deliver you from this evil addiction. You may DM me so that we can pray together over the matter.

We will pray over the matter and the Lord Jesus will give us victory. Remember, it is only in Christ Jesus our victory is sure.
Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by Expanse2020(m): 2:04pm On Feb 04
AntiChristian:
But Jesus gave people miracle booze in a wedding in Cana!

Is it not the same alcoholic wine?

Even Jesus drank same wine with sinners many times!

And Jesus died at just 33!

Age of death no matter!

Many don old pass Jesus sef! undecided
You cannot said he died 33 óò because there is another verse which said a Jew challenge Jesus us that he is not 50years old yet but but 40ties 😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂
Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by Monaboo(m): 2:10pm On Feb 04
I had a dream last night.

There is this guy in my church. He is a strong worker. Very dedicated in his work in the church. Everyone knows him. He works in the church media team. We greet and talk once in a while. He is a cool guy.

So last year December, he travelled without telling anybody. Someone told me he travelled far away. Before then, someone told me the guy complained about the bad situation of the country and was almost frustrated.

So fast forward to last night, in the dream I had, I saw this guy holding a cigarette and smoking cigarettes. I was so shocked. I couldn't believe my eyes. I was just staring at him in the dream. Then I woke up..

But he is a good Christian brother? Why am I seeing him holding cigarettes and smoking? Hmmm...

I went to church this morning, came back and this thread just reminded me of the dream.

I just hope this guy is okay.

Micheal (not real name) wherever u are, please don't backslide. If u are on Nairaland and u are seeing this, just know that all will be well and I will be praying for you.

1 Like

Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by tete7000(m): 4:08pm On Feb 04
NextBuhari:
Is it possible to die without pain even in old age?

Some people enjoy relatively peaceful old age, and peaceful death. And you can't compare old age burden to for example cancer pain.
Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by jm361168: 6:11pm On Feb 04
[color=#000099see below][/color]

Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by NextBuhari: 6:43pm On Feb 04
tete7000:

Some people enjoy relatively peaceful old age, and peaceful death. And you can't compare old age burden to for example cancer pain.
You're only assuming. None of us has experienced any of those two conditions to say which is worse. I don't even know what you mean by peaceful death.
Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by tete7000(m): 8:17pm On Feb 04
NextBuhari:
You're only assuming. None of us has experienced any of those two conditions to say which is worse. I don't even know what you mean by peaceful death.

I am not assuming. I have personally gone through painful condition that was removed with a painfulsurgery, I have had a close relation that for years lived under painful circumstances before her demise and I have an aged parent who lived a peaceful life and had a peaceful death. So I talk based on what I know. Live as to not put yourself in a painful condition, my advice to you.
Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by Jackanda1(m): 8:56pm On Feb 04
I can remember when i suffered social anxiety some time ago.

One day i got tired of not been able to talk to people, went to a supermarket and got a park of cigarette. I smoked two sticks hoping i would get high before going out that day, but nothing happened.

I later took some alcohol, but the hang over almost killed.

SO one day, someone laid hands on me in the name of Jesus and anxiety disapeared into thin air.

Well, i preach and testify in several churches now.

1 Like

Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by deavicky(m): 12:37am On Feb 05
AntiChristian:
But Jesus gave people miracle booze in a wedding in Cana!

Is it not the same alcoholic wine?

Even Jesus drank same wine with sinners many times!

And Jesus died at just 33!

Age of death no matter!

Many don old pass Jesus sef! undecided
remember he lived a fullfil life. What have you?.
Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by AntiChristian: 3:50pm On Feb 05
deavicky:
remember he lived a fullfil life. What have you?.

Did you say fulfilled?

Pray to die at 33 and sentenced to hanging just like him!
Or embrace beheading as a birthday gift like John the Baptist!
Re: The First Time He Took A Cigarette by AntiChristian: 4:09pm On Feb 05
Expanse2020:

You cannot said he died 33 óò because there is another verse which said a Jew challenge Jesus us that he is not 50years old yet but but 40ties 😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂

Ehn Ehn!
Nibo ni yen?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor T.b Joshua Predicted Michael Jackson's Sudden Death / Pastor Who Buried Humans In His Church Foundation Finally Got Arrested[see Photo / Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.