Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,885 members, 7,824,701 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? (7751 Views)

Did Jesus Collect Tithes? If So, Where In The Bible Did This Happen? / Still On Tithing – I Disagree With Daddy Oyedepo! / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Ajalekoko76(m): 4:09pm On Feb 04
Tithe is NOT compulsory. In dis Tinubu economy your brain never set, continue.

Is payment of tithe perquisites for heaven or blessings? If not why being stupid?

Salvation is free. Blessings of God is not attached to payment of tithe rather heart broken individuals, cheerful giver and fear of the Lord.
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Fantazy(m): 4:21pm On Feb 04
fuckJones:
I have so many questions bordering me and I want christians in the house to help me.

1.Is it acceptable to withhold tithes if I disagree with the pastor's or the church's spending?

2. can I pay my tithe in the different church fromt the one I attended?

3. Is it correct for a pastor of a church and his family to use the church income, i.e. tithes, offering and third party income for their own use, especially since the church is not registered as their property? If no , what do you call their actions

4. Is it biblically okay for most of the pastors to ask for tithe on every Sunday? I mean why do they have to remind them every time, instead of letting people choose if they are okay to give their money!

5. can pastor says my church?

6.Which is better, tithing in a rich church where the pastor has his own flight or giving money to a street preacher?

7 .Why does my pastor make me feel guilty for not tithing when I cannot afford it?

My pastor once announced to the whole congregation that since I started coming to the church I have never paid tithe. I didn’t get angry but I was disappointed! I mean God or the Bible never encourage such announcements. But I’m still in the same church not still paying tithe till now

1 Like

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Tendd: 4:37pm On Feb 04
Stop giving your money to pastors.We have seen enough evidence in this country,that your pastors are merely fleecing you church members for their personal wealth.You can do some charity work or give to the poor and needy in your community,if you feel like helping humanity.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by IjeBos(m): 5:21pm On Feb 04
fuckJones:
I have so many questions bordering me and I want christians in the house to help me.

1.Is it acceptable to withhold tithes if I disagree with the pastor's or the church's spending?

3. Is it correct for a pastor of a church and his family to use the church income, i.e. tithes, offering and third party income for their own use, especially since the church is not registered as their property? If no , what do you call their actions

4. Is it biblically okay for most of the pastors to ask for tithe on every Sunday? I mean why do they have to remind them every time, instead of letting people choose if they are okay to give their money!

6.Which is better, tithing in a rich church where the pastor has his own flight or giving money to a street preacher?

7 .Why does my pastor make me feel guilty for not tithing when I cannot afford it?

Church's do need to pay for lights, sound, the building etc. etc. So, tithes are necessary. And you should tithe some amount. I'd rather my Pastor not work and have time to support the church (prayer, hospital visits etc etc), so I'm comfortable providing for a Pastor's reasonable lifestyle, and reasonable is the key word.

What I do is dedicate a percentage to "tithing". I give some to the church and the rest to others who may be in need (friends, family, random people).

I think when you find a Pastor who aligns with your spirit you'll know. When I think of a Pastor I think of one I had years ago (now deceased). On Sat's he would walk around the church picking up trash, then clean the inside of it. Was a very humble man. And lived Jesus's words. That is that kind of man I envision whenever I seek out a Pastor. So, I'm comfortable giving to that church.

So, the biggest question is why are you at a church when your spirit is telling you otherwise. If the Pastor doesn't align with God's word how can he lead you? Do you understand God's word? Maybe it's time for some church shopping. Figure out what you're looking for. Are you looking for a church where you the Pastor can feed you the Word (do you need to grow in that area), are you looking for a community, or are you looking for a Church that does social impact stuff (gives back to the community)? Visit some, give them some time and see how you feel.
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by wanze(m): 7:59pm On Feb 04
fuckJones:

Aunty, I want to ask you some questions.

1. Do you know why God created tithe?

2. Have you read Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42 with understanding?

3. Are you practising Christianity or Judaism?

Answer all correctly and enjoy peace with God
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Akuruoulo(m): 10:23pm On Feb 04
Creamypie:
Is tithe compulsory? No. (1). Jesus abolished it, in new testament. (2). Lets assume Jesus didn't abolish it, Making it free will , If u do things that God hates, ur tithe is equally useless to him.
U makes Sense to some extent
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by SweetDipBenny(m): 12:13am On Feb 05
fuckJones:

Hope u know u can pay tithe in other ways like helping people in need, motherless homes, poor widows and widowers, poor sick people etc
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by honeyB2018: 1:02am On Feb 05
Roger3D:
You should not be paying any tithes whatsoever. You're just funding the lifestyle of your pastor. Tell your pastor to go and get a job cos even the apostle Paul was a tent maker

This is an answer from the pit of hell.
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by honeyB2018: 1:04am On Feb 05
SweetDipBenny:
Hope u know u can pay tithe in other ways like helping people in need, motherless homes, poor widows and widowers, poor sick people
etc

You pay your tithe to the place where the church has responsibility over you, anything less than that is just help you are giving to those people or places.
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by honeyB2018: 1:09am On Feb 05
Ajalekoko76:

Is payment of tithe perquisites for heaven or blessings? If not why being stupid?

Salvation is free. Blessings of God is not attached to payment of tithe rather heart broken individuals, cheerful giver and fear of the Lord.

You are 1000% wrong. This is the result of listening to deluded preachers like Abel and Freeze. There's a reason God talked about tithing. No matter what anybody may say,Mal. 3:8-10 is still relevant till date. God isn't father Christmas and his blessings can't also be picked anyhow.
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by honeyB2018: 1:13am On Feb 05
SweetDipBenny:
Hope u know u can pay tithe in other ways like helping people in need, motherless homes, poor widows and widowers, poor sick people etc

No, there's only one way of tithing, which is your 10%
Any other thing you do to people beside tithing is nothing than help.
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by honeyB2018: 1:16am On Feb 05
SweetDipBenny:
Hope u know u can pay tithe in other ways like helping people in need, motherless homes, poor widows and widowers, poor sick people
etc

You pay your tithe to the place where the church has responsibility over you, anything less than that is just help you are giving to those people or places.
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by honeyB2018: 1:31am On Feb 05
RUDEBOYY:
Go and look for a needy and give that money.... that's the right thing to do

Nop this is not the way to tithe. The tithe belongs to God, who manages the money through the pastor or those in charge of the finances.
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by fkj950ax(m): 3:47am On Feb 05
fuckJones:
I

Your topic shows that you might have never paid tithe ever if you think your pastor annoying you is ground to withhold tithe.
Tithe is to God and not Pastor. You have been dashing your pastor 10% of your income for a long time
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:58am On Feb 05
honeyB2018:

No, there's only one way of tithing, which is your 10%
Any other thing you do to people beside tithing is nothing than help.
That's how i pay my tithe. My 10% goes to the less privilege...
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Adgraced: 10:33am On Feb 05
fuckJones:

Go and read your bible from the genesis of tithe that began with Abraham and Melshezedek, then down to the popular Malachi that many pastors quote out of context. Understand the essence of tithing, who should be paying tithe and to whom tithe should be paid to. Then you will know if at all you should even be giving your money to some man that calls himself a "man of God" in the name of tithe.
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Roger3D(m): 12:42pm On Feb 05
honeyB2018:

This is an answer from the pit of hell.
I'm sure your father is a pastor grin
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by honeyB2018: 8:12pm On Feb 05
Roger3D:
I'm sure your father is a pastor grin

It's not only my father that is a pastor, I'm one. Are you OK now?
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by honeyB2018: 8:15pm On Feb 05
SweetDipBenny:
That's how i pay my tithe. My 10% goes to the less privilege...

No sir. Tithe is not meant for less privileged. It's meant for the service in the house of God and those who minister at the altar of God.
You can give a % of your salary to them,but for tithe, it's for the church and it's ministers.
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by achimendy(m): 9:59pm On Feb 06
Creamypie:
Is tithe compulsory? No. (1). Jesus abolished it, in new testament. (2). Lets assume Jesus didn't abolish it, Making it free will , If u do things that God hates, ur tithe is equally useless to him.

Can you back your claim with scripture pls so I can understand?
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by achimendy(m): 10:09pm On Feb 06
Ajalekoko76:

Tithe is not a prerequisite for heaven but for financial breakthrough.

Secondly, tithe is 10% of your income , and God didn't made it mandatory for everyone to pay if they dont need his financial blessings, but if you need financial lifting from God then tithing is a must.

Read further pls Malachi 3:1-3.
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Matrix137(m): 10:24pm On Feb 06
Chai gullibility in full display

God help us all!
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Matrix137(m): 10:25pm On Feb 06
Look at what Christianity has turned into

No fear of God anymore

You guys should study the word of God by yourself o and not depend on any pastor because God says and i quote

"My people perish for lack of Knowledge"

Have a great life!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 12 Most Beautiful Nigerian Pastor's Wife ( Photos ) / Ifa Staff Of Magickal Powers ~ Itan Of How Orunmila Obtain Secrets From Iyami / Breaking News: Pope Benedict XVI Converts To ISLAM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.