Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,126 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? (7719 Views)

Did Jesus Collect Tithes? If So, Where In The Bible Did This Happen? / Still On Tithing – I Disagree With Daddy Oyedepo! / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Luckybelt: 11:24am On Feb 04
Why are you talking as if you are doing God or the church a favour by paying tithe. If you disagree with the church change church. If you decide to stay, pay it there.
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by SPAMBOX7: 11:26am On Feb 04
zedegit:

Omo see human sense for God matter. grin

Your righteousness dey like filthy rag. Better repent before e dey late.
Na why Bro J been dey get issues with Pharisees be this so.
When did I tell you I'm righteous And I guess it's your Bible or religion that tells you to threaten people with consequences of not repenting. Na people like you dey make some of us no dey go church.. See how person wey claim righteous dey talk. Tueh
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by geoworldedu: 11:27am On Feb 04
DiskJokeyManic:
Una still dey go church?
The thing shock me o. grin
They are even still discussing church matter like it's true. grin
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by geoworldedu: 11:30am On Feb 04
AntiChristian:

If you have the holy spirit, tell me when the world will end.

lipsrsealed
I have the holy spirit and i will tell you. God revealed to me that he has cancer and also a scrotal sac illness that could claim his life soon. Once God kpai, the world will come to an end. If you want the world not to end, then pray for God to get healing
#GetWellSoonGod
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Vasgas: 12:03pm On Feb 04
Important of Bible studies and Sunday school
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by freeborn02: 12:04pm On Feb 04
Samirana360:
yes...mal 3:10....pastors are in charge of house of God

Lolz. That law is for those practicing Judaism.. We practice Christianity and the new testament mode of giving involves giving freely what comes from your heart.
Purpsoe of tithe is so that food can be in God's house, not to make your pastor rich. Since you've been giving tithe, how much food have you seen in God's house?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by freeborn02: 12:05pm On Feb 04
Samirana360:
levites are priests.... My pastor is my priest

A Levite doesn't own properties.

Does your pastor own any property to his name?

If so, your pastor is not a Levite and doesn't qualify for tithe collection

1 Like

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by 5gee: 12:07pm On Feb 04
fuckJones:
I have so many questions bordering me and I want christians in the house to help me.

1.Is it acceptable to withhold tithes if I disagree with the pastor's or the church's spending?

2. can I pay my tithe in the different church fromt the one I attended?

3. Is it correct for a pastor of a church and his family to use the church income, i.e. tithes, offering and third party income for their own use, especially since the church is not registered as their property? If no , what do you call their actions

4. Is it biblically okay for most of the pastors to ask for tithe on every Sunday? I mean why do they have to remind them every time, instead of letting people choose if they are okay to give their money!

5. can pastor says my church?

6.Which is better, tithing in a rich church where the pastor has his own flight or giving money to a street preacher?

7 .Why does my pastor make me feel guilty for not tithing when I cannot afford it?

You can pay tithe if you are a Jew and follow the law.
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Vasgas: 12:10pm On Feb 04
Aside offering which other way do you make financial contribution to your local church.
I will attempt your questions.

1. Who are you worshipping?
The pastor or GOD?
I come soon and I will reward everyman according to his works.

2. Sometimes, the Holy spirit might instruct you to give your tithes else where, but in norm cases , it is your local church you pay tithes to, you can make other contributions to other churches around.

3. Which church do you attend?
Tithes are usually used to run church's affair's and not sponsor individual tastes

4. We differ in our level of understanding and growth.
We have the newborn baby in the churches who are still consuming milk likewise those consuming meat.
Reminder, is good. But it most not be done in a bad way.
Some have given their First fruit for the year, while some will still need to grow to some extent before they can attempt it.

5. He don't possess the church, he is only been used by the owner of the church. Although some half baked men, laid claim to the churches and called it's their own.

6. Tithes is for the local church, where you are fed with the word of God

7. It's is 10% of the income

1 Like

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Stevengold(m): 12:13pm On Feb 04
accordadoga22:
Hehehe

Must you pay tithe at all?

Does Elon Musk pay tithes?

Does Dangote pay tithes?

If at all you must pay, must you pay to your pastor?

Just go to any church where they worship under mango tree or inside one building that's not completed and pay your tithe there.

Na dat kind pastor need your tithe not one that has three Lexus jeeps and two Benz already

Tithe is not limited to God o. But one way or the other we dey pay tithe. Either to devil or something, ask ogboni men and ritualist them to brief you.
Even the Dangote, Elon and Mark, them get Wetin dem dey pay to. Either as charity or agreement or something.
To sustain wealth.... Principles full ground. So behave yourself.

As for me I always attach my tithe with prayers...... Ana na agreement between me and God, And e dey work wella!!!

This life you must live a covenanted life. Either to God or Devil. Lol but God is the real deal.

Don't live your life like an ordinary man.

Stop playing.

1 Like

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Yelight(m): 12:17pm On Feb 04
1.Is it acceptable to withhold tithes if I disagree with the pastor's or the church's spending?

No it is not. If you truly believe in tithing you should know you pay it to God and not to your Pastor. If he spends it wrongly God will judge him.

Your tithe is to be paid to the Church where you are being fed spiritually but you can give from your resources to other churches

3. Is it correct for a pastor of a church and his family to use the church income, i.e. tithes, offering and third party income for their own use, especially since the church is not registered as their property? If no , what do you call their actions.
Is the Pastor on Salary by the Church? What's the provision for the pastor's welfare by the Church? Pastors should not spend church money anyhow. Church board should see to it.

4. Is it biblically okay for most of the pastors to ask for tithe on every Sunday? I mean why do they have to remind them every time, instead of letting people choose if they are okay to give their money!

Yes it is.

It depends on the context he uses it.

6.Which is better, tithing in a rich church where the pastor has his own flight or giving money to a street preacher?

Pay your tithe to the Church that feed you spiritually either "rich or not".

7 .Why does my pastor make me feel guilty for not tithing when I cannot afford it?

You actually can afford tithe no matter how little as long as you have income. The problem is wrong teaching that your tithe must be a certain amount. NO! 10% of whatever your income is is your tithe, big or small.
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Olowosaudi(m): 12:23pm On Feb 04
Hmmm. Continue to enrich their pockets ooo. Nah your money and your sweat.
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Neverlookback: 12:35pm On Feb 04
If you must pay tithe, give it to a motherless babies home.
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by blackboy2star(m): 12:35pm On Feb 04
Is it the Pastor you're paying your tithe too?
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Deogratiasfx: 12:47pm On Feb 04
Pls go to a church where u will be giving and not be thinking u giving to man. Stop struggling where u are.
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Originalsly: 12:52pm On Feb 04
Do you even read your Bible? ... if not how will you know what you should do or not do? ... what the pastor should do or not do? ... and regarding tithes.... what was the purpose of tithes? ... how can you be giving tithes and not know its purpose? If I ask you to give me N1000 every month .... would you just give? ... or would you find out what it will be used for?

To give or not to give .... ask yourself ......does your church be helping the poor and destitute?... or the pastor and family to live better life? If it is to upgrade the pastor and family then it is better to give the "tithe" to anyone in need.

1 Like

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Sleekfingers: 1:00pm On Feb 04
Tithes na scam......but their brainwashed people still couldn't see it.
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Coconunu(m): 1:09pm On Feb 04
marlow1962:
Pastors no go chop my tithe again
Make i clear u no pastor dey see my offering talk more of tithe

1 Like

Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by zedegit: 1:52pm On Feb 04
SPAMBOX7:
When did I tell you I'm righteous And I guess it's your Bible or religion that tells you to threaten people with consequences of not repenting. Na people like you dey make some of us no dey go church.. See how person wey claim righteous dey talk. Tueh

My point be say you think you fit dey justified by your works which include giving and kindness but na lie sha.

Bible explain am wella. If you like no reason di message, dey throw punches up and down.

Google search whether wetin I talk be true.
Na faith in Jesus go save you finally. Bro J don finish everything.
The works go be like fruits wey you go bear.

No go dey put cart infront horse dem.
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by alobright17(m): 1:54pm On Feb 04
Samirana360:
Tithe is spiritual
what is spiritual about it ?
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Pimine: 2:00pm On Feb 04
fuckJones:
I have so many questions bordering me and I want christians in the house to help me.

3. Is it correct for a pastor of a church and his family to use the church income, i.e. tithes, offering and third party income for their own use, especially since the church is not registered as their property? If no , what do you call their actions

You haven't stated what you're looking for! Is this where you'll find the answers you seek? Why ungodly people abound? You must be a joker!
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Samirana360(m): 2:10pm On Feb 04
freeborn02:

Lolz. That law is for those practicing Judaism.. We practice Christianity and the new testament mode of giving involves giving freely what comes from your heart.
Purpsoe of tithe is so that food can be in God's house, not to make your pastor rich. Since you've been giving tithe, how much food have you seen in God's house?
So ur own Bible is different.... The food in God's house is not for the congregation... Thanks
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Danidinho4: 2:29pm On Feb 04
Follow thy conscience, do what is right.

Buy your cheap and affordable data on here;

0 8 1 7 4 3 5 6 5 3 0
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Kinzo0917(m): 2:31pm On Feb 04
fuckJones:

Pay your tithe as God instructed.

Whatever the pastor does with it , is between him and God. Afterall, the Bible says, God judgment will start from church ⛪️. Meaning from the pastors

I don't pay my tithe to impress anyone but obeying God instructions and I don't care what people of nairaland says or anyone. No talk from anyone can discourage me from paying my tithe. I missed about 2 to 3 months last year though

Your tithe must be paid in the church ⛪️ where you worship for where your mind is, that your heart will be

Thank you my dear
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by udumosam23(m): 2:38pm On Feb 04
fuckJones:

1. No, you don't pay tithe to the pastor, you pay to God.

2. Your tithe should be to where you receive your spiritual nourishment.

3. Let the trouble of how the pastor use church finance be on the board or body that regulates the church finances. Get the churches constitution and sturdy if you still think the pastor uses the church money inappropriately approach him or petition him before the board there's nothing wrong with that.

4. Yes it is, some members needed to be reminded or should I say motivated to pay.

5. It is more appropriate to say this church. It is inappropriate for him to say my church even if he is the overseer.

6. I said it before and again, to the place you get your spiritual nourishment.

7. You don't have to feel guilty when you can't pay your tithe. Tithe is not what you can afford, it's a percentage of what you already have.

Let me also add the entire purpose is not to enrich the pastor or the church or anticipate that you'll get more.

It is a symbolic gift that shows you appreciate God for everything He gives you and you will honour Him with it.
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Saig: 2:49pm On Feb 04
You should not even pay tithes at all. Tithing is not for Christians today. It was for the Jews, for the levitcal priesthood.
Today, the Bible commands Christians to give willingly and cheerfully as God has blessed them and as they purport in their hearts
(2 Cor. 9:7)
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Bullfallo(m): 2:55pm On Feb 04
Giving should be to running the church activities. Those things need money either you like to hear it or not.

The only problem is when the pastors is abusing or misusing the funds and God blessings would be far from such church.
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by Danboy43: 3:07pm On Feb 04
Study the book of MALACHI 3 vs 10 -12. in the Bible you will understand what is Tithe.
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by firearcher: 3:33pm On Feb 04
fuckJones:

1. No. You are paying the tithe in obedience to God and not to man so you should not withdraw it. How the tithe is spent is not really your business. That is between God and the church leader. But I also believe there can be exceptional cases where wisdom could call for it.

2. Your tithe should go to your local church where you worship and serve. You can give offering to other churches if you wish to give to them.

3.Your tithe is meant to be used to take care of their personal needs amongst other needs of the church. That's why God requested it. That's how the Levites are taken care of in the bible.

4. It is not wrong to remind people of or collect tithe every Sunday or service because people earn daily, weekly and monthly. It is not also wrong to remind people who will easily forget to do the right thing.

5. Yes he can. If he leads the church at that point. But the church ultimately belong to God and many good pastor knows that..

6. See no. 2

5. Tithing is sacrificial but it is ultimately a freewill giving. God doesn't force men to do His will and His servants should not do so too. Tithe is a 10th of your income so its based on what you earn or are giving. You won't have tithe to pay only when you don't have any income.
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by bjdon: 3:35pm On Feb 04
Did Jesus ever mandate paying of tithe? Everything about tithe is in the old testament, it's all a big con used by fake pastors to Rob the gullible
Re: Is It Acceptable To Withhold Tithes If I Disagree With The Pastor? by freeborn02: 3:40pm On Feb 04
Samirana360:

So ur own Bible is different.... The food in God's house is not for the congregation... Thanks

The food is for who? The tithe is specifically for levites. Is your pastor a Levite?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Problem With Religion, Including Science. / Do Mermaids Really Exist??? / Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.