Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor (32823 Views)

Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? / Bishop Oyedepo: 10,000 Winners Chapel Members Qualified To Be President / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by alBHAGDADI: 8:34am On Feb 04
1 Timothy 3:2-5 KJV
A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; one that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; (for if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

The news that made the rounds recently is that Nollywood Actor Yul Edochie has started his own pastoral ministry, a church he named True Salvation Ministry. If Yul Edochie is promising true salvation, then we need to ask if the man himself is saved then go ahead to place him in the light of the Bible before concluding if he's worthy to be a pastor.

Nowhere in his entire ministry has he shown his church's Statement of Faith which will determine if he believes in Works Salvation or the salvation gotten through the work of Jesus Christ on the cross. That's by the way.

The above Bible passage alone exposes why Yul Edochie cannot be a pastor. The passage says a pastor must be "the husband of one wife". Yul Edochie has two wives who have children for him. The claim that he's not married to the second wife, Judy, is a claim that even monkeys won't believe if wrapped in banana. There are bedroom videos of him and Judy. There are PDA videos of both of them. He recently posted that he doesn't joke with the lady who has a child for him. All these to the detriment of his first wife May Edochie.

The reason the Bible stipulates as a must for a pastor to be of one wife is that it will portray the pastor as someone with discipline. But a movie actor who sleeps around despite being married won't hesitate to sleep with the women in his congregation.

The passage also said "A bishop then must be blameless". As we will see later on in this post, Yul Edochie is not blameless. Yes, he also not "vigilant, sober, of good behaviour" as required by the Bible. How can he be called a pastor when he has videos of him engaging in bitter quarrel with the second women in his life that displaced his wife May Edochie? That makes him a "Brawler", which is one of the things the above Bible passage said a pastor must not be.

The Bible passage also said a pastor must not be "greedy of filthy lucre". Only a fool won't see clearly that Yul Edochie is going into church ministry for money. The passage shows he's not qualified for a role, yet he has taken it up. That shows he took it up for the money. Man is going to make huge gains via YouTube views. All he has to do is take on the form of Fake Pastor Jerry Eze who blabs like a toddler whilst thinking he's speaking in tongues. All he has to say is "God Told Me", and women, both married and single, will flood his channel to potentially replace his second wife.

The part of the above Bible passage that also destroyes Yul Edochie's claim of pastorship is below.

"...one that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; (for if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)"

The Nollywood Actor acting as a pastor doesn't rule his household well. His actions have made his wife May Edochie to flee their home after he welcomed a new wife. I would have wondered what the wife has been doing since she fled their home but Yul Edochie has made it known. He recently showed that he has no rulership over her when he said, "You had time to do breast enlargement surgery and tummy tuck without your husband's consent".

The Bible said, "for if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?"

A word is enough for the wise.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by oluwaseunamos33(m): 10:03am On Feb 04
Only God can disqualified him and not you . Celebrate with me as I'm FTC

181 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by EMXTAN1(m): 10:03am On Feb 04
I guess we can't understand Yul..
He is just too complicated as a person.. maybe 2moro he'd reduce his age and start playing for super eagles.. I won't be surprised

149 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by Yorubafonja: 10:03am On Feb 04
grin up

1 Like

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by Spuggie: 10:03am On Feb 04
Amazing stuff

2 Likes

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by davies(m): 10:03am On Feb 04
Yul edochie is a scam and should be tagged as a fake pastor, end time preacher

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by kaybbs(f): 10:03am On Feb 04
It's well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by HeadNigga: 10:03am On Feb 04

1 Like

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by abhosts(m): 10:04am On Feb 04
Let the guy be. I hope you know that 90 percent of Nigerian pentecostal pastors would be disqualified based on the biblical verses you highlighted? How many pentecostal pastors are not greedy for material possessions? How many penticostal pastors are not possessed with the spirit of covetousness or Ojúkòkòrò

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by superCleanworks(m): 10:04am On Feb 04
Na Lie. At least he is doing his own in the OPEN for everyone to see and not those that hide under the bastardized name of PASTOR to sleep with people's wives and daughters while still going to babalawo to seek power.

He is the most qualified to be a pastor.
Allow the guy to hustle abeg. Hunger dey.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by SultanOfAbia: 10:04am On Feb 04
Which prayer Will God answer?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by money121(m): 10:04am On Feb 04
Wahala

2 Likes

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by Coolsat(m): 10:04am On Feb 04
Some gullible Nigerians will start following this crook and will be calling him papa especially the likes of the first commenter above. Werey

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by Osoreol: 10:05am On Feb 04
God can use anybody...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by OyinO: 10:06am On Feb 04
Is he a Bishop? Is he vying for the post of a bishop? He's more than qualified. Your reason for disqualification holds no water.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by TechCapon(m): 10:06am On Feb 04
angry
That fact is that nobody is qualified. God only uses those who made themselves available to do the work. If you make yourself available he'll use you too.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by Gbadugbakun(m): 10:06am On Feb 04
I can ashur you that his Church would be filled with young female members. They want to come and taste what Judy is enjoying. 😏

10 Likes

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by FireUpNow(m): 10:06am On Feb 04
Judgement belongs to God almighty alone and him alone. Who am I to say anything? I am just a mere mortal man, a coat in the potter's hand.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by oyeb15: 10:07am On Feb 04
To be a good pastor in Nigeria, you have to be greedy, crook, lie very well by forming stories that will captivate your congregation, be ocultic .
That's why I don't do business with pastors. They will cheat and betray you. Later they will carry your name go babalawo and be threatening you with juju.

Nigeria pastors are theives.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by Akalia(m): 10:07am On Feb 04
Aptly articulated. Yul Edochie is purely a charlatan.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by superCleanworks(m): 10:08am On Feb 04
davies:
Yul edochie is a scam and should be tagged as a fake pastor, end time preacher

so who are the REAL pastors? Considering that we have thousands of them carrying that title called PASTOR, can you name 5? okay just 3.

Leave Yul make he hustle abeg

4 Likes

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by ednut1(m): 10:08am On Feb 04
There is only one religion people can wake to say God called them without any training or experience. A joke of a religion

2 Likes

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by Nahunger(m): 10:09am On Feb 04
grin

I leave this for nairaland resident pastor, Prophet Righteousness come and tell us your stand on this sensitive issue.

3 Likes

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by taiwotimitt: 10:09am On Feb 04
verydarkman is coming for you
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by Akaegwu(m): 10:09am On Feb 04
Money making machine

2 Likes

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by ProudNigerian01: 10:10am On Feb 04
Are you his God? Saul too should not have become a man of God abi?

Anyway,

I wish to remind EVERYONE that FORNICATION, PRIDE, ANGER LEADING TO OFFENCE, JEALOUSY are serious sins before God.

Repent, obey God, keep away from sin and sinful desires. Read the Bible, pray often,and seek God with all your heart and all will be well with you.

Pray and confess your sins to rededicate yourself to God:

1John.1.9 - If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Prayer:
Father I acknowledge all my sins (name them). Have mercy on me and become Lord of my life again in Jesus name. Amen.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by superCleanworks(m): 10:10am On Feb 04
alBHAGDADI:
1 Timothy 3:2-5 KJV
A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; one that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity

Name 5 pastors that fulfil all the above standards listed up there in Nigeria.

Abeg allow the guy man to join the other guy men and chop. Allow him hustle abeg.

5 Likes

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by ufotunang: 10:11am On Feb 04
It's renewed shege that caused it...his just trying to survive the hardship of the country

3 Likes

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by chuksjuve(m): 10:11am On Feb 04
Wrote all these just to prove a fake pastor is a fake pastor?

You ended giving him more publicity than necessary.

The bottom line is that he can claim to be a pastor, have the aura and charisma of a pastor; He is not a pastor ...

4 Likes

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by Dexy4yah(m): 10:12am On Feb 04
Upon all the problems in this country...it's yul edochie that is your concern?

Haba....we can do better.

We have Christians that don't go to church on Sundays in Jos and some parts of northern states...for fear of been killed.

Yul edochie matter no be our concern

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by Judolisco(m): 10:12am On Feb 04
Alot of people ain't qualified... See d one dat said he saw tinubu getting arrested on inauguration day... Na only God know people wey dey follow am sha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by ogub(m): 10:13am On Feb 04
A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;3:3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Did Black People Become Black? / Pastor Sam Adeyemi Family, Wife And Children Celebrate Father's Day / Shiloh 2016 Opening Ceremony: 'My Case Is Different' - Live Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.