Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,839 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor (32832 Views)

Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? / Bishop Oyedepo: 10,000 Winners Chapel Members Qualified To Be President / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by kiddkash(m): 12:20pm On Feb 04
oluwaseunamos33:
Only God can disqualified him and not you . Celebrate with me as I'm FTC
For it is written, by their fruits you shall know them
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by Ironbull: 12:22pm On Feb 04
Angelfrost:

Calm down... The Op is on point here.

If you are a Christian and study your Bible, you will see it clearly stated that there are requirements for anyone desiring to be a Pastor or Bishop.

Go and tell Muslims that it's not their business whoever decides to wake up one day and declare himself an Alfa or Iman.

Even in African traditional religion, do people just decide they want to become Chief Priests?!!

Any small thing, you people start throwing tantrums at Christians.

Make una rest abeg.

Really
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by Ironbull: 12:24pm On Feb 04
malcom1X:

Are you not seeing that he is quoting from the bible? It's clearly written there.

Written in the bible that what Explain pls.
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by kiddkash(m): 12:24pm On Feb 04
FireUpNow:
Judgement belongs to God almighty alone and him alone. Who am I to say anything?
Luke 6:45
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by kiddkash(m): 12:25pm On Feb 04
FireUpNow:
Judgement belongs to God almighty alone and him alone. Who am I to say anything?
Ezekiel 13 vs 2
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by kiddkash(m): 12:27pm On Feb 04
FireUpNow:
It is written in 1John 4 vs 1
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by kiddkash(m): 12:32pm On Feb 04
ProudNigerian01:
Are you his God? Saul too should not have become a man of God abi?

Anyway,

I wish to remind EVERYONE that FORNICATION, PRIDE, ANGER LEADING TO OFFENCE, JEALOUSY are serious sins before God.

Repent, obey God, keep away from sin and sinful desires. Read the Bible, pray often,and seek God with all your heart and all will be well with you.

Pray and confess your sins to rededicate yourself to God:

1John.1.9 - If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Prayer:
Father I acknowledge all my sins (name them). Have mercy on me and become Lord of my life again in Jesus name. Amen.
1John 4:1
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by HardBishop: 12:32pm On Feb 04
ednut1:
There is only one religion people can wake to say God called them without any training or experience. A joke of a religion
Imagine
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by BrighterSyde: 12:48pm On Feb 04
oluwaseunamos33:

The Bible states clearly that a Bishop must be of one wife. What other disqualification do you need? Sometimes all you have to use is your brain and not even any spiritual thinking.
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by AskNgige2: 12:49pm On Feb 04
EMXTAN1:
I guess we can't understand Yul..
He is just too complicated as a person.. maybe 2moro he'd reduce his age and start playing for super eagles.. I won't be surprised

LMAO 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by SisterAnn(f): 12:54pm On Feb 04
davies:
Yul edochie is a scam and should be tagged as a fake pastor, end time preacher
When did he go to Bible School? Or was he schooled in his dream?
That guy is weird! cheesy
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by Realestatepro(m): 12:55pm On Feb 04
alBHAGDADI:
1 Timothy 3:2-5 KJV
A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; one that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; (for if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

The news that made the rounds recently is that Nollywood Actor Yul Edochie has started his own pastoral ministry, a church he named True Salvation Ministry. If Yul Edochie is promising true salvation, then we need to ask if the man himself is saved then go ahead to place him in the light of the Bible before concluding if he's worthy to be a pastor.

Nowhere in his entire ministry has he shown his church's Statement of Faith which will determine if he believes in Works Salvation or the salvation gotten through the work of Jesus Christ on the cross. That's by the way.

The above Bible passage alone exposes why Yul Edochie cannot be a pastor. The passage says a pastor must be "the husband of one wife". Yul Edochie has two wives who have children for him. The claim that he's not married to the second wife, Judy, is a claim that even monkeys won't believe if wrapped in banana. There are bedroom videos of him and Judy. There are PDA videos of both of them. He recently posted that he doesn't joke with the lady who has a child for him. All these to the detriment of his first wife May Edochie.

The reason the Bible stipulates as a must for a pastor to be of one wife is that it will portray the pastor as someone with discipline. But a movie actor who sleeps around despite being married won't hesitate to sleep with the women in his congregation.

The passage also said "A bishop then must be blameless". As we will see later on in this post, Yul Edochie is not blameless. Yes, he also not "vigilant, sober, of good behaviour" as required by the Bible. How can he be called a pastor when he has videos of him engaging in bitter quarrel with the second women in his life that displaced his wife May Edochie? That makes him a "Brawler", which is one of the things the above Bible passage said a pastor must not be.

The Bible passage also said a pastor must not be "greedy of filthy lucre". Only a fool won't see clearly that Yul Edochie is going into church ministry for money. The passage shows he's not qualified for a role, yet he has taken it up. That shows he took it up for the money. Man is going to make huge gains via YouTube views. All he has to do is take on the form of Fake Pastor Jerry Eze who blabs like a toddler whilst thinking he's speaking in tongues. All he has to say is "God Told Me", and women, both married and single, will flood his channel to potentially replace his second wife.

The part of the above Bible passage that also destroyes Yul Edochie's claim of pastorship is below.

"...one that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; (for if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)"

The Nollywood Actor acting as a pastor doesn't rule his household well. His actions have made his wife May Edochie to flee their home after he welcomed a new wife. I would have wondered what the wife has been doing since she fled their home but Yul Edochie has made it known. He recently showed that he has no rulership over her when he said, "You had time to do breast enlargement surgery and tummy tuck without your husband's consent".

The Bible said, "for if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?"

A word is enough for the wise.

I can't believe someone sat down and scribbled all this rubbish out of all the problems everyone is facing in Nigeria . This is very funny.
A man is living his life and using you idiots to catch cruise and you all are concerned and talk about him .
Unbelieveable.
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by Sleekfingers: 12:56pm On Feb 04
alBHAGDADI:
A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; one that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; (for if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

The news that made the rounds recently is that Nollywood Actor Yul Edochie has started his own pastoral ministry, a church he named True Salvation Ministry. If Yul Edochie is promising true salvation, then we need to ask if the man himself is saved then go ahead to place him in the light of the Bible before concluding if he's worthy to be a pastor.

Nowhere in his entire ministry has he shown his church's Statement of Faith which will determine if he believes in Works Salvation or the salvation gotten through the work of Jesus Christ on the cross. That's by the way.

The above Bible passage alone exposes why Yul Edochie cannot be a pastor. The passage says a pastor must be "the husband of one wife". Yul Edochie has two wives who have children for him. The claim that he's not married to the second wife, Judy, is a claim that even monkeys won't believe if wrapped in banana. There are bedroom videos of him and Judy. There are PDA videos of both of them. He recently posted that he doesn't joke with the lady who has a child for him. All these to the detriment of his first wife May Edochie.

The reason the Bible stipulates as a must for a pastor to be of one wife is that it will portray the pastor as someone with discipline. But a movie actor who sleeps around despite being married won't hesitate to sleep with the women in his congregation.

The passage also said "A bishop then must be blameless". As we will see later on in this post, Yul Edochie is not blameless. Yes, he also not "vigilant, sober, of good behaviour" as required by the Bible. How can he be called a pastor when he has videos of him engaging in bitter quarrel with the second women in his life that displaced his wife May Edochie? That makes him a "Brawler", which is one of the things the above Bible passage said a pastor must not be.

The Bible passage also said a pastor must not be "greedy of filthy lucre". Only a fool won't see clearly that Yul Edochie is going into church ministry for money. The passage shows he's not qualified for a role, yet he has taken it up. That shows he took it up for the money. Man is going to make huge gains via YouTube views. All he has to do is take on the form of Fake Pastor Jerry Eze who blabs like a toddler whilst thinking he's speaking in tongues. All he has to say is "God Told Me", and women, both married and single, will flood his channel to potentially replace his second wife.

The part of the above Bible passage that also destroyes Yul Edochie's claim of pastorship is below.

"...one that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; (for if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)"

The Nollywood Actor acting as a pastor doesn't rule his household well. His actions have made his wife May Edochie to flee their home after he welcomed a new wife. I would have wondered what the wife has been doing since she fled their home but Yul Edochie has made it known. He recently showed that he has no rulership over her when he said, "You had time to do breast enlargement surgery and tummy tuck without your husband's consent".

The Bible said, "for if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?"

Are Nigerian pastors qualified to be called a pastor?
Are they not pulpit bandits?
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by SisterAnn(f): 12:58pm On Feb 04
Realestatepro:

I can't believe someone sat down and scribbled all this rubbish out of all the problems everyone is facing in Nigeria . This is very funny.
A man is living his life and using you idiots to catch cruise and you all are concerned and talk about him .
Unbelieveable.
Ogbeni, this is a spiritual matter. Go to France if you want to lament about your problems ,

1 Like

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by blowjohn(m): 1:00pm On Feb 04
OyinO:
Is he a Bishop? Is he vying for the post of a bishop? He's more than qualified. Your reason for disqualification holds no water.

Can he teach with the help of the holy Spirit?
Can he heal and cast out demons?
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by Kobicove(m): 1:15pm On Feb 04
Who even cares? undecided
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by GreatAchiever1: 1:15pm On Feb 04
Truly, the comment here has made me believe that people has added an 11th commandment which is "thou shall be nice by not judging anyone."

Many people are self-deceived.
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by floramorgan315(f): 1:16pm On Feb 04
Bible said Bishops and you change bishop to mean Pastor!!! The only permitted to have only one wife is Bishop not pastor .... Rest abeg
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by HRMK: 1:16pm On Feb 04
YUL EDOCHIE IS COMPLETELY KNOCKED OUT OF PRIESTHOOD!ANYWAY HE COULD RUN HIS CHURCH WITH HIS SIDECHICK/WIFE!!
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by GreatAchiever1: 1:21pm On Feb 04
wrongnumber:
@alBHAGDADI

Based on your narrative, nobody is qualified to be a Bishop.

Guy face your front and let GOD be the judge.

And by the way... The original manuscript says..

Timothy 3:2-5 New Living Translation (NLT)
So a church leader must be a man whose life is above reproach. He must be faithful to his wife. He must exercise self-control, live wisely, and have a good reputation. He must enjoy having guests in his home, and he must be able to teach.

Being faithful to your wife is not the same as husband of one wife.

Marriage is expressed in singular so if you have 3 wives before your are called to mininstry, you are expected to be faithful to them taking each of them as singular union.

Your confusion at the bolded comes from the interpretation of the text your are using, NLT.

You see, other translation (that I know of) has it as husband of one wife which is the correct interpretation given it's original greek text which was written as μιᾶς γυναικὸς ἄνδρα , which is the husband of one wife.
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by Umuinyioku: 1:28pm On Feb 04
Gbadugbakun:
I can ashur you that his Church would be filled with young female members. They want to come and taste what Judy is enjoying. 😏
lol
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by GreatAchiever1: 1:28pm On Feb 04
plasgidy:

For one to be called a pastor or reverend he or she supposed to have attended a bible school and passed his theological exams with certificate of proof.

Then he or she will be ordained by other senior men of God then he can be called a pastor or reverend.

Most importantly the fellow must have been born again. So before you called somebody a pastor ask the person which theological school he attended and where and when was he ordained.

Theological school for naija? Most pastor no dey go theology school for naija ooo. Highest na bible training.

1 Like

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by Kingson28: 1:35pm On Feb 04
oluwaseunamos33:

You are very ignorant.
The Bible can disqualify him.
Can Nigerian Constitution disqualify a 20 years old citizen from becoming the president of Nigeria?
There is a stipulated minimum age in the Constitution for becoming a president in Nigeria, you know?
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by Kingson28: 1:37pm On Feb 04
oluwaseunamos33:

You are very ignorant.
The Bible can disqualify him.
Can Nigerian Constitution disqualify a 20 years old citizen from becoming the president of Nigeria?
There is a stipulated minimum age in the Constitution for becoming a president in Nigeria, you know?
You seem not to have any respect for the Holy Bible.
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by alBHAGDADI: 1:37pm On Feb 04
Ivegotsolutions:

Yul is a pastor not a Bishop.

Pastor and Bishop mean the same thing. Use a dictionary.

Bishop, in some Christian churches, the chief pastor and overseer of a diocese, an area containing several congregations.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/bishop-Christianity
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by Psoul(m): 1:46pm On Feb 04
alBHAGDADI:

In that same Bible you're quoting, I hope you've also read the part that says...

"God Doesn't Call the Qualified; He Qualifies the Called"
(1 Corinthians 2:1-5)

You better concentrate on making your life acceptable before God instead of telling us who is qualified or not qualified before God.

If we are to be like you, we will say that David was not qualified. Solomon was not qualified. Still God loved them even more than those we thought are qualified.

Read what God is saying:

Romans 9:15-16 (NKJV)

For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion.” So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by alBHAGDADI: 1:50pm On Feb 04
femi4:
Was Paul qualified? Pele o....Awon qualifier

Apostle Paul was not a pastor. He only set up churches wherever he went to evangelize. He couldn't pastor any of the churches because he was never married, which is a requirement to be ordained a pastor. Guess what? He made that rule himself through the inspiration of God as seen in the letter he wrote to Timothy.
The passage of the Bible that states that a a Bishop must be the husband of one wife was gotten from his letter to Timothy.

If I'm wrong, then what is the name of Paul's church?
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by Monaboo(m): 1:53pm On Feb 04
Secretary of the Qualified, we have heard you.

Who can say a thing and it comes to pass when God has not said.

God will always be God.

He can a call anybody and use them for his work on earth.

There is a purpose for Yul Edochie's calling to ministry.

I see so many people and famous celebrities turning to God through his ministry.
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by philipobiz: 1:55pm On Feb 04
oluwaseunamos33:
God have disqualified him already through his word the bible. Or do you want God to come down to do it?

Every Dick and Harry turning pastor to deceive people. Shine your eyes well well
Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by sweetilicious(f): 1:56pm On Feb 04
oyeb15:
To be a good pastor in Nigeria, you have to be greedy, crook, lie very well by forming stories that will captivate your congregation, be ocultic .
That's why I don't do business with pastors. They will cheat and betray you. Later they will carry your name go babalawo and be threatening you with juju.

Nigeria pastors are theives.
Exactly

2 Likes

Re: Why Yul Edochie Is Not Qualified To Be A Pastor by alBHAGDADI: 1:57pm On Feb 04
Psoul:

In that same Bible you're quoting, I hope you've also read the part that says...

"God Doesn't Call the Qualified; He Qualifies the Called"
(1 Corinthians 2:1-5)

You better concentrate on making your life acceptable before God instead of telling us who is qualified or not qualified before God.

If we are to be like you, we will say that David was not qualified. Solomon was not qualified. Still God loved them even more than those we thought are qualified.

Read what God is saying:

Romans 9:15-16 (NKJV)

For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion.” So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.

The 1 Corinthians 2:1-5 which you cited has nothing like what you wrote in bold. Why are you blatantly lying against the Bible? Is it in a bid to defend wrongdoing? Why twist the Bible?

God has already listed the required qualifications for one to be a pastor. The same God will be a shady or an unstable person if he changes the requirement to suit Yul Edochie.

Malachi 3:6 KJV
For I am the LORD, I change not

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shiloh 2016 Opening Ceremony: 'My Case Is Different' - Live Updates / Pastor Samuel Aboyeji, Biography, Foursquare Gospel Church New General Overseer / Pastor Penuel Mnguni Stepping On His Members (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.