Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,492 members, 7,816,164 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Why Does Your God Send People To Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does Your God Send People To Hell? (119 Views)

Does God Really Send People To Hell? / Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? / Will God Send Me To Hell Because Of This? {PHOTO} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Your God Send People To Hell? by itu404(m): 9:00am On Feb 04
This question was asked by a friend of my daughter when she was telling her about the love of God. The question is why not whether. therefore, it was a foregone conclusion to her that God did sent people to hell. So simply, but not many have asked that even from a pastor or teacher of the word. She ran home to ask me what she sees as a simple/curious question, but with complicated answer.

In a normal family setting the first impression of God should come from your parents, your teacher, and those who influence your life.Deuteronomy 11:19-20, And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt write them upon the door posts of thine house, and upon thy gates: When growing up at home how God is introduce, presented and taught develop the concept you have of God. How your parents reacts when they talk about this God how they show reverence and worship, how they refer to him? Was the impression given off that he loves? Or as one who brook no nonnsense? you see him very big, mighty, wilding a stick to bring down on you? Do you see Him as a God who is full restrictions? Do you think God stops you from having fun, happiness and your own way of life? How is your imagination of God? Do you imagine him Sitting up there, looking to see those who will make a false move that he may bring down the hammer through one kind of sufferying or the other? Having one of these initial impressions of God is what will later inform how you relate to him. It is like meeting your uncle you have been told many times over that he was a scoundrel and hates children. Surely you are very wary when in his presence; you would not leap into his arms when you meet him, but will only dread him. The above question is not whether, but why. Therefore, the answer was already known to this child, but curiosity is her quest. That God, likes sending people to hell was already impressed in her heart. It grieves the heart that God has been misrepresented by many parents, guardians and mentors. Many have grown up with such impression and have put the idea of God in the backburner in thier lives. They can not understand why many still go to church they say, to worship this God. The best place to know about God is through his own letter written by appointed persons[Prophets and Apostles] to you as his creature. Read 2 Timothy 3:16, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: Every other source can not capture the true love of God than the bible. Compare this to what the bible says Jeremiah 31:3, The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with loving-kindness have I drawn thee.

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

1 John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

KEY message By God to you as a person:

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

John 3:16, For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.Do you know any person who loves you very much? Father, mother or uncle/aunt? Their love pales when compares to the love that God your creator has for you. First, He created you. YOU will know this if only you open up to him in spirit Job 32:8, But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding. No man can tell you this ineffable love. Read about this love in another passage: John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this that a man lay down his life for his friends. Hell was never meant for you. how many parents despite thier short comings will send thier children to hell and delights in seeing them there? yet, God is love Jesus said in Matthew 7:9-11, Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? Thereforem hell is not Gods message to us, but love and those who go to hell choose to do so on thier own volition; for hell is meant for the fallen angels who knows the truth, but choose to ignore it.Deuteronomy 30:19, I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

GOD IS LOVE!
Re: Why Does Your God Send People To Hell? by Draslo(m): 9:35am On Feb 04
Heaven and hell are terms that were coined out of mystery when humans didn't know what lay beneath and above the earth but witnessed red hot lava from destructive volcanoes. They also witnessed UFOs (chariots of fire) and beings who came in them. These beings brought knowledge. Then religion was born.
These concepts of heaven and hell were made to keep people in check so that people would be good and not evil since if you lived an evil life, you would end up beneath the earth and burn for eternity in the lake of fire (magma). This concept is flawed because humans have been living violently ever since.
What is declared as heaven is just another realm, probably another world much more advanced probably an entire civilization controlled by artificial intelligence in a different solar system in a different galaxy. Hell is just a tool of mind control. It doesn't exist. Any planet that doesn't allow human existence is hell. Mercury, Venus, etc are all hell to humans.
Re: Why Does Your God Send People To Hell? by johnydon22(m): 11:11am On Feb 04
Threads like this often raise important questions yet when you open it, the OP is just a hot mess of incoherent babble. No meaningful sequence, the question isn't effectively addressed and Bible verses thrown in at writers whims.

All in all it ends up making unjustified conclusions that often times is not justified by the contents of the post.

You guys needs to do better because something like this does not inspire engagement or discussion.
Re: Why Does Your God Send People To Hell? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:24am On Feb 04
You derailed your own case.
Re: Why Does Your God Send People To Hell? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:30am On Feb 04
To set the record straight people are going to hell because they were found guilty of the crimes/sins they have committed from the point where they became sinnally/criminally liable till their point of A-Rest (death)

(1) (Reply)

A Collision With Destiny By Soibi Versatile / Does Listen To Worldly Music Make You To Masturbate And Desire S*X / Just Thinking Out Loud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.