Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,697 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. (4422 Views)

DMO Okays FGN Savings Bonds For Transactions / Fadaka: Currency For Yoruba, Oduduwa Republic To Be Stronger Than Dollars- Group / Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by Kaycee9242(m): 5:38pm On Feb 04
These people should try and get this right for once, costs of things are really skyrocketing
Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by blacknp(m): 5:39pm On Feb 04
Richtaiwo:
Some private schools and organisations demand for school and service fees in Dollars, what nonsense? That is a total disregard for the country where they earn their livings. Heavy sanction should be imposed on those institutions.
Poor man mentality.
Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by Feldie: 5:39pm On Feb 04
greenermodels:
Dollarization of the economy is a sign that business owners have lost faith in the naira as a store of wealth, therefore, it's a symptom of a more serious disease rather than the cause, until the clueless APC leaders treats the underlying problems they caused from the day Tinubu took over and declared that subsidy is gone without a plan on how to mitigate it's effects, the naira would continue to loose value while more businesses would continue to demand for payments in USA dollars in order to safeguard the value of their money.
money is based on faith. If everyone lose faith in money it becomes worthless. You can't be in Nigeria and be telling govt you lost faith in Naira. If everyone loses faith in the Naira what will happen to the country, trade by barter?
Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by blacknp(m): 5:42pm On Feb 04
Ozommadu:
Our patch patch CV cbn gofano on the beat grin

Tilumbu will assemble technocrats ana afio😂
Nigeria’s problem, is that we have too many lazy Things like yourself in Nigeria that add no value to society.

Just consuming oxygen for nothing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by starstaz(m): 5:48pm On Feb 04
Yinmu ^$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by DatNiggaDaz: 5:49pm On Feb 04
greenermodels:
CBN is just plain clueless about how to tackle the decline in the value of naira. Those paid APC online agents quoting me up and down should rest, Nigerians aren't fools, it's clear that the government have run out of ideas on how best to solve the problems that they created.
Clueless is an understatement. Tinubu together witth his drug cartel at CBN are viruses to the economic development of Nigeria. As if it is today under Mr bulaba that Nigerians started transacting in dollars. This foools are not serious at all.

f this Story is true, it then means that Emiefele is far more competent than the present dundee FC at CBN

Watch dem deny this news as soon as possible grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by starstaz(m): 5:52pm On Feb 04
For simple illustration , how did you transact with the super eagles for the last 40 years, no be to dey pay them btw $5000 to 10,000 per matches. Have u ever pay them in Naira. Second Based story. Yinmu^100000000
Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by greenermodels: 6:05pm On Feb 04
Feldie:
money is based on faith. If everyone lose faith in money it becomes worthless. You can't be in Nigeria and be telling govt you lost faith in Naira. If everyone loses faith in the Naira what will happen to the country, trade by barter?
no business man thrives on baseless faith, it's either they get the dollars or they close shops to preserve their capital, believe me, the second option is worse than dollarization.
Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by ivolt: 6:12pm On Feb 04
ozo13:
we can now say a country against itself.why should entities in Nigeria be demanding for dollars transaction within the country and you have Nigerian citizens there not saying anything.When this naira free fall choke everyone, we will do the right thing by force.
If you think there is a "right thing".
Then you have no idea what is going on.
Either Nigeria earns more dollar than it needs, or the Naira continues to fall.
Just like banning abokifx, you will see insignificant gains for a few days, then the dollar
rebounds again.
Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by DatNiggaDaz: 6:12pm On Feb 04
starstaz:
For simple illustration , how did you transact with the super eagles for the last 40 years, no be to dey pay them btw $5000 to 10,000 per matches. Have u ever pay them in Naira. Second Based story. Yinmu^100000000
my G, you sef dey ask thesame question wey i dey ask o

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by ivolt: 6:15pm On Feb 04
Feldie:
No trade by barter.
Dollar, Euro and Pounds will partially take over just like in Zimbabwe and Lebanon.
Next time, I hope Nigerians have learnt to not elect illiterates like Buhari into power again.
In our miracle-seeking quest, we destroyed the economy.
Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by yinkeys(m): 6:32pm On Feb 04
Shey dem ban am for party primaries too grin
They should try deceiving Nigerians, it doesn’t work anymore
Lawless country

2 Likes

Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by papyjaypaul: 6:40pm On Feb 04
papyjaypaul:

I am not an admirer of this govt but theres a point there. We do not own the dollar and it's foolish for us to be crazy about a currency we do not control. I blame all of us, so it's not about politicians. Why is the exchange rate a news item everyday? Even if you have an angel as President if Nigerians have the attitude that dollar is their savior, they will not succeed with naira. If a foreigner comes to Nigeria and we accept dollar from him, are we not fooling ourselves? We even have schools and companies charging in dollars inside Nigeria. Nigerians are their own problems. Yes, Tinubu and his Bank man have work to do but they are not the only ones to be blamed. we all have a role in it. How do we think we can be living inside Nigeria and be hedging against our own currency and expect any policy to work? If no one is demanding and using the naira it can't work. Why is the naira you have in your account not something you can transfer to that school abroad? Why must you convert it to dollars first? Why the stress? That's part of the govt job to do but in the meantime, tell me your experience when you travel and show them the dollar or pay with the dollar. If it's not Zimbabwe who cannot control their economy, they will tell you to pay them in local currency. Nigerians just like to show off foolishly holding the dollars. The Americans do not carry their currency the way we do. Oya carry dollar go UK make I check something.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by potent5(m): 6:43pm On Feb 04
What of the politicians that buy votes in dollars?
Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by Googledotcom: 6:43pm On Feb 04
CBN and it's sister agencies have a lot of work to do, else this becomes a media trial.
Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by Bobloco: 6:48pm On Feb 04
ivolt:

No trade by barter.
Dollar, Euro and Pounds will partially take over just like in Zimbabwe and Lebanon.
Next time, I hope Nigerians have learnt to not elect illiterates like Buhari into power again.
In our miracle-seeking quest, we destroyed the economy.

Illiterates like Tinubu

Buhari have proven to be more educated and knowledgeable than Tinubu
Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by ivolt: 6:53pm On Feb 04
Bobloco:

Illiterates like Tinubu

Buhari have proven to be more educated and knowledgeable than Tinubu
If you think Buhari is educated, then you must be less educated than Buhari
to see him in such light.

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by Bobloco: 7:06pm On Feb 04
ivolt:

If you think Buhari is educated, then you must be less educated than Buhari
to see him in such light.

Something may actually be wrong with your brain cells if you think that a certified certificate forger, discovered to have become the guinea pig student of government college Lagos used to test run the school four years before it was founded, is more educated than someone who joined the military, rose through the ranks, attended various military courses both home and abroad, and reached the pinnacle of his career as a major general in the Nigerian military, not to mention various political office he was appointed and elected into.

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by Blitzking: 7:10pm On Feb 04
No well thought out plan...everything na trial and error.
Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by ClearFlair: 7:12pm On Feb 04
CharleyBright:
American University of Nigeria, Wigwe University of Nigeria and all other business and Stores that are transacting businesses in dollars should be made to stop immediately.
They are part of the problem why the Naira is sliding against the dollars..
These businesses should be closed down outrightly if the fail to comply.
No more time for rubbish again.

Keep joking. When you people are serious you will go and learn the fundamentals of economics and leave all this folly.
Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by Treadway: 7:25pm On Feb 04
Paraman:
It's not a new law by the CBN, it has been in place since 2007. I wander why the CBN and the police have not gone after the organizations breaking the law
why have they not gone after Ganduje that has been transacting in dollars since even before 2015? Oh I forgot, he is the APC National chairman.
Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by Paraman: 7:29pm On Feb 04
Treadway:
why have they not gone after Ganduje that has been transacting in dollars since even before 2015? Oh I forgot, he is the APC National chairman.
Always write your
comments without quoting me. I don't know how this your comment relate to mine or the article.
Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by Feldie: 7:41pm On Feb 04
greenermodels:
no business man thrives on baseless faith, it's either they get the dollars or they close shops to preserve their capital, believe me, the second option is worse than dollarization.
the whole global monetary system is based on faith, including US Dollars
Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by commoditiesnig: 7:51pm On Feb 04
CharleyBright:
American University of Nigeria, Wigwe University of Nigeria and all other business and Stores that are transacting businesses in dollars should be made to stop immediately.
They are part of the problem why the Naira is sliding against the dollars..
These businesses should be closed down outrightly if the fail to comply.
No more time for rubbish again.
It's unfortunate
Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by Bimpe29: 7:55pm On Feb 04
I think this is a good step. Things are getting tougher but will surely get better as soon as the gestation period of some of these lofty policies is over.
Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by blowjohn(m): 8:01pm On Feb 04
Why can't I use my naira debit card?

Why ehn cbn?
Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by Resurrection212: 8:08pm On Feb 04
You are a bone head and for that reason no tangible explanation from me can't be wasting my time .
Richtaiwo:

So how does Dangote come in? Is he demanding for dollars for any of his products? Or because you hate him, the govt should stop him from buying item abroad which of course must be paid in dollars? Hate him with passion, he doesn't even know you exist let alone your feeling.
Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by fortunez1(m): 8:17pm On Feb 04
Arrest those who spray dollars in public
Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by Yankee101: 8:52pm On Feb 04
This is old story
It’s been there since Emefiele
Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by Yankee101: 8:54pm On Feb 04
Ibrahim muazu is no longer the communications person of CBN

Na old bulletin
Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by TheBillyonaire: 9:03pm On Feb 04
Until Mr. Federal Ibn Government also ban denominating the price of Crude oil for in naira, as well as the gas price in Naira, then Nigeria will not really be a free economy.

If Oil mining and gas mining companies do not accept Nigeria's oil and gas in Naira, why should we?

Mr. Federal Ibn Government should grow some balls. Nigeria has no business with dollars, when we import mostly from Chinko. Why not tell foreign partners that our crude is in naira or nothing?

Murrafucckers running around a cycle.
Re: CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. by stonemasonn: 9:11pm On Feb 04
TheBillyonaire:
Until Mr. Federal Ibn Government also ban denominating the price of Crude oil for in naira, as well as the gas price in Naira, then Nigeria will not really be a free economy.

If Oil mining and gas mining companies do not accept Nigeria's oil and gas in Naira, why should we?

Mr. Federal Ibn Government should grow some balls. Nigeria has no business with dollars, when we import mostly from Chinko. Why not tell foreign partners that our crude is in naira or nothing?

Murrafucckers running around a cycle.
Oga our crude is in dollars. E be like say you no wan sell your crude oil.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is The North Xenophobic? / Why Yorubas Now Controlled Nigerias Economy By Hausa Man / Southern Sudan Seeks Nigeria’s Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.