Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,653 members, 7,816,678 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today (26599 Views)

How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? / My Encounter With The Marine World. / My Encounter With A Woman Of God, Prophetic Still Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Dennisochampa: 10:50am On Feb 05
Maybe the pastor dey sell keke spare parts na...
U never can tell..... cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Makunahatata: 10:53am On Feb 05
Your neighbor dey whine u ,ode! U no Sabi sarcasm
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by HEBEI: 10:54am On Feb 05
Every problem is spiritual...

The only problem with us is that we lack wisdom. Because every spiritual and physical problem can be solved by human wisdom.

Spirits never solve their own problems finish.
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by femi4: 11:03am On Feb 05
Sonnobax15:
Good evening my fellow Nairalanders....Hope y'all are currently enjoying the economic shege we've been plunged into? grin. Any ways, that's a story for another day....

So this morning,I woke up,hoping to kick start my daily hustle with my tricycle (popularly known as keke), only for me to get there and discover that it was having an ignition fault............Well,then I thought I could just apply the little engineering knowledge I learnt while in school on it, but all my efforts were to no avail. grin

A neighbor of mine who was passing by who saw how I was struggling with it approached me......He asked me what the fault was.....So after I told him........The next thing I heard him say was--"you sure say you no go carry this your keke go meet my pastor so?

Omoh,tho I tried to be calm but I was forced to reply him with a question--"That your pastor sabi repair keke?". cheesy. Immediately I asked him that question,he turned his back and walked away............

But omoh, why are Nigerians so over religious like this? Must we accrue every single problem that can easily be solved by mankind to God? The thing just tire me I swear....
You didn't get the joke.

He was indirectly telling you that the Keke is beyond repair. Go n get a new one
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Clazzone(m): 11:06am On Feb 05
Or he wants to set him up using the guy man called pastor
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Expanse2020(m): 11:07am On Feb 05
Miracle no de tire JESUS naw
You fhuck😏 up guy
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Rhassidy360: 11:09am On Feb 05
immortalcrown:
Religious cancer.

They think everything is spiritual. If everything is by prayer, what is the essence of the freewill and the potentials with which God created us? If everything is by prayer, who do some people prosper without praying but many who pray and fast fail?

Prayer is very important and effective. But many African Christians misunderstand the function of prayer. Consequently, they abuse prayer by relying on God for what God already empowered them to achieve.
Power of simple prayer not a most to hit ur head on the wall before God go hear prayer
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by firearcher: 11:10am On Feb 05
Lol. The way some people carry religion for head in this country certainly turns off many people. But using that as an excuse to live a life without a serious relationship with God or understanding of the scripture or the spiritual is a grave mistake.
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by spinna: 11:15am On Feb 05
Faith supercedes science and technology that's why it's called the supernatural.. however that doesn't mean you won't service your engine..but in an emergency you can pray for God to intervene

Healing too is a more readily available intervention that God will grant to his own
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Angelfrost(m): 11:16am On Feb 05
Well... It can't be a coincidence that the poorest amongst us Nigerians, are the most religious and prayerful.
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by ochukoccna: 11:19am On Feb 05
While the OP must be commended to fix his keke via mechanical means, let this thread not become a Christianity bashing thread as it usually becomes on Nairaland. After all, if men didn't need brains why would the Creator give them? Outsourcing your thinking to a 'god of man' as many do in this parts , isn't Christianity but a continuation of African traditional worship where the juju priest thought for& communed with the gods for all people including the king. Thus he was an unquestioned powerful supernatural entity.
In the bible you see where God says let us reason together or where Paul replied the governor Felix that much learning wasn't making him mad but he spoke the words of truth and reason and also that those who know their God will do exploits. The issue in Nigeria involves the corruption of many churches , lazy congregants who are too lazy to verify if what their 'god of man' preaches is in the Scriptures or just fairy tales, spiritualizing of every issue etc just to mention a few.
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by 489akinrinnola: 11:19am On Feb 05
Hahahahaha.Nigerian Christians worship their pastors. Fact.They fear him more than God himself. That's why we're overtly religious but not godly peopleHahahahaha.Nigerian Christians worship their pastors. Fact.They fear him more than God himself. That's why we're overtly religious but not godly people...
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by ambient: 11:19am On Feb 05
wait till they tell you to join NSPPD,that is their solution to everything this days
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by babajero(m): 11:22am On Feb 05
Sonnobax15:
Good evening my fellow Nairalanders....Hope y'all are currently enjoying the economic shege we've been plunged into? grin. Any ways, that's a story for another day....

So this morning,I woke up,hoping to kick start my daily hustle with my tricycle (popularly known as keke), only for me to get there and discover that it was having an ignition fault............Well,then I thought I could just apply the little engineering knowledge I learnt while in school on it, but all my efforts were to no avail. grin

A neighbor of mine who was passing by who saw how I was struggling with it approached me......He asked me what the fault was.....So after I told him........The next thing I heard him say was--"you sure say you no go carry this your keke go meet my pastor so?

Omoh,tho I tried to be calm but I was forced to reply him with a question--"That your pastor sabi repair keke?". cheesy. Immediately I asked him that question,he turned his back and walked away............

But omoh, why are Nigerians so over religious like this? Must we accrue every single problem that can easily be solved by mankind to God? The thing just tire me I swear....
Maybe he thinks that your lineage is cursed spiritually so it must be affecting you and everything you own.
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Gboom: 11:44am On Feb 05
Sonnobax15:

Just tell us you want to mock a pastor.
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by geoworldedu: 11:44am On Feb 05
Sonnobax15:

God can do all things, especially Mechanic work and shitpacking grin
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by jojothaiv(m): 12:10pm On Feb 05
immortalcrown:

Prayer is very important and effective. But many African Christians misunderstand the function of prayer. Consequently, they abuse prayer by relying on God for what God already empowered them to achieve
This is it!
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by michaelcwyatt: 12:15pm On Feb 05
As if your neighbor did not offend you. Perhaps he is a neophyte, that is, a person who has just come to faith, then he may bend the stick somewhat, but still you should not judge people.
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by TheWinterBird(f): 12:45pm On Feb 05
Lols
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Hungerbadoo: 12:50pm On Feb 05
Sonnobax15:
come force me na grin
This una comment wan kill me with laugh oo
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Hungerbadoo: 12:53pm On Feb 05
Woodshot:
You should have gone to see the pastor then spend quality time with him and then come next Sunday service, you stride to the altar and shout thunderous "PRAISE THE LORD" Like others before your and afterwards; give testimony of how he prayed over your worn Engine and in a heartbeat the old parts gave way and appeared was a brand, new, and shiny parts/engine...

The plan is to question the beliefs of the members. Your testimony gonna make at least one individual to quit CHURCH for good...

LWKMD
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by psalmsjob: 1:12pm On Feb 05
immortalcrown:
Religious cancer.

They think everything is spiritual. If everything is by prayer, what is the essence of the freewill and the potentials with which God created us? If everything is by prayer, who do some people prosper without praying but many who pray and fast fail?

Prayer is very important and effective. But many African Christians misunderstand the function of prayer. Consequently, they abuse prayer by relying on God for what God already empowered them to achieve.

Bros if Nigerians were relying on PRAYERS then we wouldn't be in these problems but it is relying on MAN OF GOD/PASTOR/IMAM/ALFA that is the fuel to our problems....note his religious neighbour did not say PRAY ABOUT IT but rather TAKE IT TO PASTOR
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by OluwaJohn77: 1:46pm On Feb 05
Maybe this not first time your Keke is developing fault.....
Your neighbor doesn't want to open up finish.
He has noticed that quite numbers of time

Your Keke and You need Deliverances.
Because Spiritual control physical
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by BennyDGreat: 2:18pm On Feb 05
killsmith:

Is there any societal problem solved by prayer or scientific invention discovered by prayer? Mention one thing wey prayer don solve for this life?

Prayer does not work. It is time to tell gullible Nigerians the truth.

Prayer works. It requires a man playing his part to see it in action.
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by BennyDGreat: 2:24pm On Feb 05
HEBEI:
Every problem is spiritual...

The only problem with us is that we lack wisdom. Because every spiritual and physical problem can be solved by human wisdom.

Spirits never solve their own problems finish.

Spiritual problem cannot be solved by human wisdom. That's different planes of existence.
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Boyjaco: 2:44pm On Feb 05
grin grin grin
Sonnobax15:

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Timagex(m): 3:10pm On Feb 05
Sonnobax15:

Chief, can I send a DM? I want to get some information about keke.. Thanks...
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Sonnobax15(m): 3:12pm On Feb 05
Timagex:

Chief, can I send a DM? I want to get some information about keke.. Thanks...
ok
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Powersurge: 3:21pm On Feb 05
immortalcrown:
Religious cancer.

I don't really think religion is a cancer. Religion is good for psychology and inner peace. The challenge is it somewhat applied wrongly sometimes. And like every good thing, humans have the capacity to abuse it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell / is The Wearing Of Necklaces And Ear Rings Scriptural In The Bible? / Prophet Genesis Refuses Offering From Church Members Because Of Naira Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.