Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,510 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today (26598 Views)

How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? / My Encounter With The Marine World. / My Encounter With A Woman Of God, Prophetic Still Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by siant: 3:25pm On Feb 05
That man was a 'God' sent'. Your issue is bigger than the Keke problem. As a graduate of engineering, you are not supposed to be riding Keke, in the first place. Supposing you went with him to the pastor, perhaps, that would have be the solution to your either spiritual problem or Nigerianism that happens to you.

Saul, the son of kish, went to see Samuel, the prophet over the issue of a lost donkey, but when he came to Samuel, it was another thing entirely. That day, Saul rather received the prophecy and anointing to become a king.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by siant: 3:31pm On Feb 05
MrBroke:
People who I see as lacking common sense or with low IQ

1. Religious People
2. People who believe Ronaldo is better than Messi.

Let me end it here but the original list gat 5 categories
Despite your common sense and high IQ, you still remain a MrBroke.
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by immortalcrown(m): 3:35pm On Feb 05
Powersurge:
I don't really think religion is a cancer. Religion is good for psychology and inner peace. The challenge is it somewhat applied wrongly sometimes. And like every good thing, humans have the capacity to abuse it.
I never said religion is a cancer. I am a Christian. I don't condemn religion. What I condemn are the stupid things people do in the name of religion. The stupidity is what I mean by religious cancer.
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by immortalcrown(m): 3:37pm On Feb 05
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by MrBroke(m): 3:40pm On Feb 05
siant:
Despite your common sense and high IQ, you still remain a MrBroke.

Yeah. Even fools these days make money. I just hope money wise you gat bigger bag than me cause if you don't then I'm wasting my time replying you.

If I change my moniker to MrMoney your dull brain would assume I'm rich instead cause that's how low IQ mfs comprehend

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by FFIA: 3:42pm On Feb 05
immortalcrown:
Religious cancer.

They think everything is spiritual. If everything is by prayer, what is the essence of the freewill and the potentials with which God created us? If everything is by prayer, who do some people prosper without praying but many who pray and fast fail?

Prayer is very important and effective. But many African Christians misunderstand the function of prayer. Consequently, they abuse prayer by relying on God for what God already empowered them to achieve.
Fanatics are going to really hate you.
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Bimpe29: 3:46pm On Feb 05
He must be kidding and whinnying you 😆
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Pinicop(m): 5:13pm On Feb 05
He and his 'pastor' wanted to scam you. If you'd agree and visit the fraudster posing as pastor, they would have turn you into their ATM machine.

Man, you've dodged a bullet.
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by ChiefOkporghe: 5:30pm On Feb 05
VeryWickedMan:
It's a natural defense mechanism perfected by the poor and lazy over centuries to blame everything else but themselves for their own failures.
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by dododawa1: 8:35pm On Feb 05
Inside life
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Timagex(m): 8:36pm On Feb 05
Sonnobax15:
ok

I have sent a mail request.
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by DonroxyII: 9:45pm On Feb 05
killsmith:

Is there any societal problem solved by prayer or scientific invention discovered by prayer? Mention one thing wey prayer don solve for this life?

Prayer does not work. It is time to tell gullible Nigerians the truth.
Prayers works ... It's our Immaturities that's not working ...

Prayer is a means of Asking the God of the Universe for your desires ....

Prayer is same as Questions...

Your Mental Spheres is Questioning the Universal Powers for Answers unto Your Worries or Solutions unto Your Problems ...

You shall have what you asked for but Your Maturities shall determined how you applied the Updates....

We don't even know how to pray in Africa & When we do, We don't have the Maturities to Carry Out Our Prayers ....

Imagine someone asking for Breakthrough for Nigeria & Simple Blessings from God to Such Soul, Na so E Japa to Canada grin ....

Na God fault be that cheesy ... We Pray(Ask) But Our Hypocrisy is Borderless grin .... !
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by killsmith(f): 9:49pm On Feb 05
DonroxyII:
Prayers works ... It's our Immaturities that's not working ...

Prayer is a means of Asking the God of the Universe for your desires ....

Prayer is same as Questions...

Your Mental Spheres is Questioning the Universal Powers for Answers unto Your Worries or Solutions unto Your Problems ...

You shall have what you asked for but Your Maturities shall determined how you applied the Updates....

We don't even know how to pray in Africa & When we do, We don't have the Maturities to Carry Out Our Prayers ....

Imagine someone asking for Breakthrough for Nigeria & Simple Blessings from God to Such Soul, Na so E Japa to Canada grin ....

Na God fault be that cheesy ... We Pray(Ask) But Our Hypocrisy is Borderless grin .... !
You wrote this epistle without pointing out one problem that was solved by prayer.
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by DonroxyII: 9:53pm On Feb 05
johnog4sure:
I have said it, that the day Nigerians will replace Religious and political sycophancy with STEM. All our problems from economy to insecurity will start solving itself. But religion and politics is what controls the people science and tech liberates the people so those in power would not want that
The Day I replaced Spiritual Stewpidities with Psychological Enhancements Albeit with Spiritual Books cuz there are some certain liberation you wouldn't do on your own ....

Science is above Africa Juju

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Emdebby2: 9:54pm On Feb 05
This one got me laughing in Swahili 😂
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by fineberry(m): 7:45am On Feb 06
70 year old man!
Re: My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today by Dwightventures(m): 10:44am On Feb 06
Sonnobax15:
Good evening my fellow Nairalanders....Hope y'all are currently enjoying the economic shege we've been plunged into? grin. Any ways, that's a story for another day....

So this morning,I woke up,hoping to kick start my daily hustle with my tricycle (popularly known as keke), only for me to get there and discover that it was having an ignition fault............Well,then I thought I could just apply the little engineering knowledge I learnt while in school on it, but all my efforts were to no avail. grin

A neighbor of mine who was passing by who saw how I was struggling with it approached me......He asked me what the fault was.....So after I told him........The next thing I heard him say was--"you sure say you no go carry this your keke go meet my pastor so?

Omoh,tho I tried to be calm but I was forced to reply him with a question--"That your pastor sabi repair keke?". cheesy. Immediately I asked him that question,he turned his back and walked away............

But omoh, why are Nigerians so over religious like this? Must we accrue every single problem that can easily be solved by mankind to God? The thing just tire me I swear....

That's why Nigeria is a failed state. People tell me religion is either true or at worst harmless. I tell them they're fools: religion is so destructive it makes you unable to even know it is

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Colonial Masters Didn't Introduce Christianity Will We All Have Gone To Hell / is The Wearing Of Necklaces And Ear Rings Scriptural In The Bible? / Prophet Genesis Refuses Offering From Church Members Because Of Naira Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.