Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) (41716 Views)

"You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady / Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) / Europe Is Not Easy — Nigerian Lady Reveals The Kind Of Job She Does To Survive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by AreaFada2: 2:17am On Feb 06
Panda7:
why didn't she invest the money back home in africa, remember retirement life.
Let be realistic. Investing in 9ja is a major mistake unless you are on ground to do it yourself. People warned me years back, I didn't listen.

Done that, seen it. People managing it will ruin you. RUIN as in capital. Biggest regret.

My cousin got her own share of it 3 years back despite my warning to her. No house to see when she arrived home. House being built and pics sent were fake. Adjusting for recent inflation and currency devaluation, total sum should be about 65 to 70m Naira.

Simple advice to her: Forget the money and get your ass back abroad before they kpai you. Leave as soon as Covid-19 lockdown allows you.

Investment in shares? Same story. Fake land, etc.

If you saved 10m Naira in 9ia or invested in shares in 2014, how much is it worth today?

If you built a small hotel in 9ja, how much return will you get as ROI? Well I know many who have since sold up due to family eating all the proceeds. Decades of experience here.
9ja is a sink hole for your funds.

In any case, forget about returning to 9ia for retirement. To darkness, bandits, kidnappers, poor health care and bad roads?

Diaspora people should wake up. The community spirit and loving parents you grew up with are either already gone or will soon go totally. Nothing left. You are a grown ass adult now that only your nuclear family wherever you live care about. Nobody else.
Even the houses you built, some relatives are ready to drag it with your abroad based kids and wife if God forbid anything happens to you today. With juju and any other means.

Keep your money/investment for YOUR CHILDREN. Not in 9ja.

Do charity as the spirit leads you, but expect nothing.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by Lexusgs430: 2:37am On Feb 06
Monkey go dey work, baboon go dey chop....... If you allow lazy people use emotional blackmail, collect your money....... Nah u sabi....... 🤣😜

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 2:38am On Feb 06
DivinegiftofGod:

Jealousy. Meanwhile that 300 Pounds is like suya Money to him there that he sends you in month o.

All of them are like that. They feel you can do better with that amount here than them so they would rather see you suffer.

Wickedness

If this guy managed to build himself a new house in Nigeria, why does he need his brother abroad to send him 300 pounds per month? His accomplishment proves he can take care of himself so why does he need his brother’s money?

5 Likes

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by Inobeyourmate: 2:54am On Feb 06
DivinegiftofGod:

Seun
Mynd44
Your mind no go touch ground for calling Seun, so you no know say Seun Dey before you take your time compose that kind rubbish? 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by cococandy(f): 3:01am On Feb 06
1stGenAmerican:

If this guy managed to build himself a new house in Nigeria, why does he need his brother abroad to send him 300 pounds per month? His accomplishment proves he can take care of himself so why does he need his brother’s money?

It’s the $300 he used to build it. Now that it’s complete he hopes to retire on the $300 monthly allowance while his brother shovels snows to go clock in everyday to make sure he earns that $300 for him.

No one is above asking for help occasionally but to make it a requirement that must be fulfilled dutifully and consistently makes me wonder how much he really loves this his brother

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:05am On Feb 06
Arabk25:
How will you be talking to the whole Africa in that manner just because of the stupidity of your family. Be specific with your country and your state and don't be foolish.
There are people in my local government who are far richer than the owner of you're company where you work and receive your little dollars don't be silly.

Did you miss the part of the story that said she is Guinean but based in the US?

1 Like

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:16am On Feb 06
cococandy:

It’s the $300 he used to build it. Now that it’s complete he hopes to retire on the $300 monthly allowance while his brother shovels snows to go clock in everyday to make sure he earns that $300 for him.

No one is above asking for help occasionally but to make it a requirement that must be fulfilled dutifully and consistently makes me wonder how much he really loves this his brother

Oh, now I understand! While he retires, relaxes and collects the $300 from his hard working brother every month, he can take part in conversations about how people abroad work 3 jobs til death just to pay bills and tax. He only loves what his brother is willing to do for him, he doesn’t care about what his brother has to go through to earn it-he really doesn’t love him.
Thanks for the explanation, makes sense to me now.🤭

2 Likes

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by cococandy(f): 3:52am On Feb 06
1stGenAmerican:

Oh, now I understand! While he retires, relaxes and collects the $300 from his hard working brother every month, he can take part in conversations about how people abroad work 3 jobs til death just to pay bills and tax. He only loves what his brother is willing to do for him, he doesn’t care about what his brother has to go through to earn it-he really doesn’t love him.
you forgot to add the popular part. That most Americans are living paycheck to paycheck and don’t have $1000 in their savings account. 🤐

2 Likes

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by BluntCrazeMan: 3:54am On Feb 06
WeNoGoDie:

Who is we. Please speak for yourself. 80% of Africans struggle under the poverty line and you guys make a blanket assumption based on the 20% that are living larger
You say 20% are living large?

18% are within the average.

Only 2% are the actual ones living large.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by ariesbull: 5:03am On Feb 06
1Sharon:
We are not like our parents generation. No silly fake story moves us anymore ! People back home lie so much.

Notice how their sob stories always sound the same and it's always an incessant emergency that only your money can solve. No matter the amount you send, their problems never end.

Extended family back home don't care about you, they care about what they can get.

Focus your money and attention on those that truly care about you. People back home lie to rob you dry.

Edit:

You'll see a diasporan with 20-30yrs experience abroad with nothing to show for it.

They siphoned all their money to Africa to mind businesses that don't concern them, they end up having nothing for themselves. Those same ppl they helped will end up mocking and ask why you have nothing.

Spending their money on common Vitamin D tablets would have been truly more beneficial than sending to an ungrateful manner less relative.
how much do you own
Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:58am On Feb 06
A Nigerian that has many nice close friends in the US will have many sources of income.
Yet they are the ones that will say the US is rubbish country that you can make it in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by Panda7(m): 7:21am On Feb 06
AreaFada2:

Let be realistic. Investing in 9ja is a major mistake unless you are on ground to do it yourself. People warned me years back, I didn't listen.

Done that, seen it. People managing it will ruin you. RUIN as in capital. Biggest regret.

My cousin got her own share if it 3 years back despite my warning to her. No house to see when she arrived home. House being built and pics sent were fake. Adjusting for recent inflation and currency devaluation, total sum should be abo nowut 65 to 70m Naira.

Simple advice to her: Forget the money and get your ass back abroad before they kpai you. Leave as soon as Covid-19 lockdown allows you.

Investment in shares? Same story. Fake land, etc.

If you saved 10m Naira in 9ia or invested in shares in 2014, how much is it worth today?

If you built a small hotel in 9ja, how much return will you get as ROI? Well I know many who have since sold up due to family eating all the proceeds. Decades of experience here.
9ja is a sink hole for your funds.

In any case, forget about returning to 9ia for retirement. To darkness, bandits, kidnappers, poor health care and bad roads?

Diaspora people should wake up. The community spirit and loving parents you grew up with are either already gone or will soon go totally. Nothing left. You are a grown ass adult now that only your nuclear family wherever you live care about. Nobody else.
Even the houses you built, some relatives are ready to drag it with your abroad based kids and wife if God forbid anything happens to you today. With juju and any other means.

Keep your money/investment for YOUR CHILDREN. Not in 9ja.

Do charity as the spirit leads you, but expect nothing.

Imagine investing in real estates with insurance and security where non of your family member is involved. You will continue to enjoy the value for your money for many years to come no matter the downturn of the economy, and by this too you are adding value and paying back to the african economy.
Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by a4cube: 7:21am On Feb 06
DivinegiftofGod:
This is pure jeolousy. Envying your own family members is the height of witchcraft

It's not their fault that they live in a place where the 10 dollars you send can get them a luxury it can't afford you over there. If you look at it, you still spend the bulk of your money more than them because you send them chingum money that can't take you a week but spend thousands of what you send to them here for yourself. So how are they enjoying more than you?
Person go just dey begin calculate the small 100 dollars ( wey be like 100 naira to am) wey him dey send say e too much. Small prayers wey you for receive for sending a meager 100 dollars, you now lose it because of over calculations.

It's this wicked mentality that is making many of you to be stingy. It's very bad. If they have the opportunity to be there like you, I'm sure they won't ask you for anything.

Keep your money. Those in naija go still shine and fresh pass una because we eat real natural organic food and get natural Vit D year round.
You guys wait. It's only a matter of time, we will soon have good govt and nobody will send you and your lonely lives abroad anymore.

Very stingy people.
But sending money to them is not witchcraft. Money receiver spotted.

If 10 dollar can afford them luxury, 10 dollar can also afford them business so they won't depend on hand out.
What if the person sending them the 10 dolls die all of a sudden? Think think think and stop your dependency attitude.

2 Likes

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by Ebubu2: 7:23am On Feb 06
FarmPlanetNG:
We have been found out o grin
cheesy mumu
Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by Ebubu2: 7:27am On Feb 06
TOPCRUISE:
A Nigerian that has many close friends that are nice in US will have many sources of income.
Yet they are the ones that will say US is rubbish country

USA money sweet die
Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by Ebubu2: 7:29am On Feb 06
1stGenAmerican:

Welcome to African familygrin
Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by DivinegiftofGod: 7:30am On Feb 06
a4cube:
But sending money to them is not witchcraft. Money receiver spotted.

If 10 dollar can afford them luxury, 10 dollar can also afford them business so they won't depend on hand out.
What if the person sending them the 10 dolls die all of a sudden? Think think think and stop your dependency attitude.

Don't get me wrong. It's not about who sends or receive. It's the evil thought behind the giving and the woman coming out to cast people back home because she gave them money and claiming they squandered it. How? So if they see a good cloth they should not buy simply because you gave them the money? Haba now... Thats not right.

1 Like

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by Kingrshd3: 7:33am On Feb 06
loswhite:
Why are you guys shouting entitlement? Are you entitled to control how ppl leave their life simply because you gave them money? Some ppl give you money and everything you have look expensive to them...lol. you wear shoe problems, you spray perfume wahala...some of you are just idiots with your money. If you choose not to give just shut up and keep your money. The same money that ppl will die and leave for banks to steal.

Agreed 👍
Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by IPDGP: 7:37am On Feb 06
DivinegiftofGod:
This is pure jeolousy. Envying your own family members is the height of witchcraft

It's not their fault that they live in a place where the 10 dollars you send can get them a luxury it can't afford you over there. If you look at it, you still spend the bulk of your money more than them because you send them chingum money that can't take you a week but spend thousands of what you send to them there for yourself. So how are they enjoying more than you?
Person go just dey begin calculate the small 100 dollars ( wey be like 100 naira to am) wey him dey send say e too much. Small prayers wey you for receive for sending a meager 100 dollars, you now lose it because of over calculations.

It's this wicked mentality that is making many of you to be stingy. It's very bad. If they have the opportunity to be there like you, I'm sure they won't ask you for anything.

Keep your money. Those in naija go still shine and fresh pass una because we eat real natural organic food and get natural Vit D year round.
You guys wait. It's only a matter of time, we will soon have good govt and nobody will send you and your lonely lives abroad anymore.

Very stingy people.
best comment of the week sir, if am opportune to travel out, na to spoil my family with money.
If them no leave lavish life, wetin I gain.

Na their type go bring 80million car to their parent 50years old house way no worth 5million

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by Ukavwe: 7:46am On Feb 06
This is foolishness, my brother was acting like this every time he tells you things are hard, one day I decided to send him 200 dollars he was shocked, he couldn't not believe it, he doesn't try that rubbish with me again

2 Likes

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by DivinegiftofGod: 7:47am On Feb 06
IPDGP:
best comment of the week sir, if am opportune to travel out, na to spoil my family with money.
If them no leave lavish life, wetin I gain.

Na their type go bring 80million car to their parent 50years old house way no worth 5million

My brother I'm telling you..if my family is balling on top of my money, that will be my joy. Why will I now look at them one day and say its my money they are using to finance their lavish lifestyle? That is how witchcraft begins.

You give because you can afford it and if you suddenly begin to feel bad about your ability to give and make others live comfortably then you have a problem.

1 Like

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by a4cube: 7:58am On Feb 06
DivinegiftofGod:

Don't get me wrong. It's not about who sends or receive. It's the evil thought behind the giving and the woman coming out to cast people back home because she gave them money and claiming they squandered it. How? So if they see a good cloth they should not buy simply because you gave them the money? Haba now... Thats not right.
The person that sent money claims that the person she sent the money to squandered and you are calling her witchcraft. Where is the sense of reasoning in you?
Why can't they buy good cloth with their own money? Now she has stopped sending let see how they can afford the good cloth and organic food. She is in US living a lonely life to support you eating organic food yet you are calling her witchcraft.

1 Like

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by Zonefree(m): 8:28am On Feb 06
DivinegiftofGod:

It's not their fault that they live in a place where the 10 dollars you send can get them a luxury it can't afford you over there. If you look at it, you still spend the bulk of your money more than them because you send them chingum money that can't take you a week but spend thousands of what you send to them there for yourself. So how are they enjoying more than you?

Very stingy people.
So, you get sense like this, Mercy?

1 Like

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by Rating(m): 9:16am On Feb 06
Africans in the diaspora need to accept the hard reality that their extended families are/can become entitled to the "stipends" they get (due to currency devaluation and exchange rates).

How do you manage them? (Just some 2 years ago, I was sharing the following nuggets with an African brother whose folks were milking him dry)

- Give on a budget. (If you're abroad and you're not living on a budget, well, maybe you're a USD millionaire),
- give to your parents (if they are alive),
- give to those who raised you (esp financially),
- refund those that helped facilitate your trip (if applicable. ONLY refund, don't include them in your weekly/monthly budgets),
- find specific needs to settle for your direct siblings (avoid putting them on your budget. You didn't come to the world 'cos of them and they need to be responsible early on. It will help everyone. You can't be the only responsible one, it will weigh on you),
- route every other money for extended relatives through your parents (and only if you had planned it AND you find your parents trustworthy enough),
- avoid giving based on emergencies (if not, there will ALWAYS be emergencies and if you fail, that's how entitlement sets in),
- DON'T give based on emotions. Budget it. Plan it. Structure it.
- If you can sense that your folks are not trustworthy, avoid doing physical projects like buying lands or building houses (that means you test them if you're so gung-ho on physical projects),
- if you plan to return to your home country at any time, save in dollars in well-managed Forex funds of holding companies (like FBN or Stanbic in Nigeria and you don't have to travel down to do that),
- no matter what you do, folks will always be angry that you're not doing enough; set goals, focus, and avoid being guilt-tripped on your finances 'cos at the end, they will be the same ones that will abuse you if you don't amount to anything.
- Except your job is public-facing, live a low-profile life. It will save you lots of headaches.

But really, that lady no suppose generalise all Africans, but it's a norm that "Black Tax" is an African thing. So abeg, Africans in the diaspora, WISE UP!

This @DivinegiftofGod sounds like a clown. The comments are ridiculous.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by 504dayo: 9:51am On Feb 06
Now her village people will start conspiring against her. Those who she has given money before, and now refuse to give to, will join her village people to hate her. LolNow her village people will start conspiring against her. Those who she has given money before, and now refuse to give to, will join her village people to hate her. Lol...
Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by Stallione(m): 10:13am On Feb 06
My dear this is my advice, you shld not stop sending rather send the one you feel that is okay for you. If they want to finish it in less than a month, thats there bizness.
Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by Bayajjidda: 10:14am On Feb 06
NFBI:
So they should live in poverty?

They should work for their own money, not depending on someones sweat and blood for money.

1 Like

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by yewit37486: 11:53am On Feb 06
IbeOkehie:
This woman has exactly my kind of attitude these days. I praise her for achieving liberation.

The Black Tax is real on so many levels, not just financial. Especially for me as an Igbo man whose tribe is steeped in this, it took me a while to figure out that family and friends and kindred use cultural & emotional blackmail to force tax compliance 😆

Good Luck to Nigerians.

😂😂 defaulting not allowed. Good luck bro.

1 Like

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by hardon1(m): 12:47pm On Feb 06
You are not sending money again to your yeye family and not Africa please.

In another angle , I think she is trying to give excuse cos she is broke
Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by IbeOkehie: 1:13pm On Feb 06
franchasofficia:
This your mentality is the same mentality most Nigerian ladies who manage to succeed financially have, and reason financially buoyant ladies hardly make positive impact in the lives of their family members; from their parents to siblings to cousins, nieces, nephews and even husband if they are married. The only person(s) that enjoy black women's financial success are:

This is a big lie o! Any Igbo person can give you stories of ladies who LITERALLY sacrificed their entire life caring for siblings and parents. Many women who had good jobs or businesses and built houses for their families, put many siblings and nephews and nieces through university and in the process "forgot" to get married.

It's soooo common in Igboland. I'm sure it's the same among other African tribes but I can only speak on the one I'm sure of.

As to husbands well my life has been very significantly and positively impacted by my wife. I admit I'm lucky. Luck plays a big role in life, some say luck exists only where preparation and awareness meets relevant opportunity.

I generally don't like to discuss family issues because it can touch on deep sensitivities and insecurities. I wish I were more brave about it but I'm only human. I'm really curious as to how you developed this opinion.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by insabarnur(m): 2:26pm On Feb 06
Monkey dey work Baboon dey wack

1 Like

Re: US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) by Poanan: 2:47pm On Feb 06
DivinegiftofGod:

Very stingy people.

Don't be deceived by the likes. I can't say for u.s but for UK 100 pounds is not like 100 naira. Big fat lie. At the end of the month most minimum wage job pay 1600 pounds per month. Does anyone earn 1600 naira per month? Now if u stay in certain areas that are cheap. You will be able to find self contained studio for 600 per month with all bills inclusive. Food and transport for only one person may take like 250 per month. Without spending extravagantly with no social life just to cut cost. You are left with u are left with 750pounds. This for someone without any family. Then he decides to send 200 everyminth then family begins to do any how spending. How will u feel? Please do and go abroad to show people how not to be stingy if you feel this is stinginess and envy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man's Car Tumbles In Lagos After He Fell Asleep While Driving (Pix) / 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus / Update On Waterline Flyover Port Harcourt- Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.