Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,296 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery (29389 Views)

FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices / Forex Crisis: FG Plans Clampdown On Binance, other Crypto Firms - Premium Times / Lagos Taskforce Clampdown On Street Traders At Ikorodu Garage - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Emma1Oj(m): 6:53am On Feb 06
VeryWickedMan:
Good.
Sokoloan are now sending birds to my window to observe me & sing my name.
😂😂🤣🤣guy u be serious werey... and u ignore the birds?
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by nedekid: 6:55am On Feb 06
correctyourself:

Infact they would ask you to pay back in 7days, if you manage to pay and decide not to take again, they would send their agents to start calling/sending you messages encouraging you to take loan.

These people does not mean well for nigerians.

For example: If you tell them that you don't have money to pay on the due day (7day) they would ask you to borrow from another loan app to pay them.
Once you agree to take the loan, you are obligated to pay, no stories or excuses, even if you have to borrow from another app to pay. A gun was not put on your head to take the loan, you saw their terms and conditions before accepting the money. You saw it was a very high short term interest loan and you decided to take it instead of rejecting.
I have had need for urgent money, approached loan apps and when I saw the terms was not favorable, I rejected it. They called and called me, I said I did not want and that I had uninstalled their app. Heaven did not fall, my financial need was resolved by me suffering for that period.
This is can be likened to Nigeria, we have leaders that cannot cut their coat to size, instead of reducing expenses, they take loans with unfavorable terms from imf, world bank etc, "loan apps", time to pay, they start complaining.
Abroad eg you take loans, you must pay, even your car, repo man will come and carry your car when you are in hospital, even church or dropping your kids at school.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by correctyourself(m): 7:05am On Feb 06
nedekid:

Once you agree to take the loan, you are obligated to pay, no stories or excuses, even if you have to borrow from another app to pay. A gun was not put on your head to take the loan, you saw their terms and conditions before accepting the money. You saw it was a very high short term interest loan and you decided to take it instead of rejecting.
I have had need for urgent money, approached loan apps and when I saw the terms was not favorable, I rejected it. They called and called me, I said I did not want and that I had uninstalled their app. Heaven did not fall, my financial need was resolved by me suffering for that period.
This is can be likened to Nigeria, we have leaders that cannot cut their coat to size, instead of reducing expenses, they take loans with unfavorable terms from imf, world bank etc, "loan apps", time to pay, they start complaining.
Abroad eg you take loans, you must pay, even your car, repo man will come and carry your car when you are in hospital, even church or dropping your kids at school.

See this one, you have not encounter challenges that's why your mount is sweet for grammar.

The abroad you talk about can this noses loan terms and conditions be acceptable?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by FFIA: 7:16am On Feb 06
Nahunger:
grin

One of the goats call me today 😀
The only loan apps I have ever taken serious is Branch and fairmoney grin

any other I haven’t ever payed. many have come and gone and the circle continues grin

once I know you aren’t licensed na voice mail the money wey I collect the go. grin

Apps wey I don chop don pass 40 I swear. cool I have lost track and count that sometimes I redownload an app thinking its a new one only to discover that I had already used it before. grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Bintasukai: 7:19am On Feb 06
FFIA:

The only loan apps I have ever taken serious is Branch and fairmoney grin

any other I haven’t ever payed. many have come and gone and the circle continues grin

once I know you aren’t licensed na voice mail the money wey I collect the go. grin

Apps wey I don chop don pass 40 I swear. cool I have lost track and count that sometimes I redownload an app thinking its a new one only to discover that I had already used it before. grin

Or their sister app

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by ObalendeCMS: 7:21am On Feb 06
"The borrower is subject to the lender."
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Olufemiolaolu(m): 7:22am On Feb 06
They would borrow someone 100k and expect you to pay back like 160k within a month. If you fail to meet up they will be adding to it daily. They are very idiotic. They force people to take loans through all those unsolicited adverts online. They should be banned, they are a public nuisance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Fearurcreeator: 7:25am On Feb 06
correctyourself:

Infact they would ask you to pay back in 7days, if you manage to pay and decide not to take again, they would send their agents to start calling/sending you messages encouraging you to take loan.

These people does not mean well for nigerians.

For example: If you tell them that you don't have money to pay on the due day (7day) they would ask you to borrow from another loan app to pay them.
Nibo latun jasi bayi... This can't be true
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Fearurcreeator: 7:25am On Feb 06
VeryWickedMan:
Good.
Sokoloan are now sending birds to my window to observe me & sing my name.
Lolzzzz
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Fearurcreeator: 7:26am On Feb 06
englishmart:
There is nothing fair about fair money. 50% interest rates.
All of them are thieves ... Even carbon join... Their interests is just too much

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Fearurcreeator: 7:28am On Feb 06
lonelydora:
Allow them recover their money in whatever way they deem fit

Why would anyone borrow money he/she cannot pay? Nigerians are very dishonest people. They borrow with the mind of not paying back.
You no lie ... Loan apps too are like their borrower... Like make them die too with interest... They raised their interests so much cus they know NIGERIAns are desperate... Both parties are trying take advantage of one another ... I no pity any of them

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by MGDIMA4: 7:31am On Feb 06
Kurugu92:
It's time they stop this loan app,you give me 17000 and you expect me to pay 24000 in less than a month

U Never see anything
Some will give you 15k and expect 27k in 7 days
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by kayusely70(m): 7:32am On Feb 06
Most of them are inconsiderate in their terms of repayment of loans taken from them!
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by babsthegreat: 7:40am On Feb 06
lonelydora:

Why would anyone borrow money he/she cannot pay? Nigerians are very dishonest people. They borrow with the mind of not paying back.
Recovery doesn't mean u use unethical means

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by 12345baba(m): 7:42am On Feb 06
lonelydora:

no wonder ur lonely

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Elinosweet143(f): 7:45am On Feb 06
My dear in as much as i don't encourage the loan stuff, most friends and neighbors that are well off do not render help as such and most people that donate to orphanages do it for media attention
ILoveNG:
Why do people donate to orphanages in the name of helping the less privileged when there are people in need living next door?

Why turn to these apps when you can reach out to friends and neighbours who are better off?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by correctyourself(m): 7:46am On Feb 06
Fearurcreeator:

Nibo latun jasi bayi... This can't be true

This is even a little of what they do, sometimes they call your in-laws telling them you stole from them, and if you finally pay they wouldn't call your in-laws back to inform them, that you have paid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Ewedegubbler: 7:50am On Feb 06
Bet9ja gang singing hallelujah right now
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Ken4Christ: 7:58am On Feb 06
The loan app belongs to most of the bank managers. The CBN puts in financial policies to limit our daily withdrawals so they can have enough reserve of our monies to trade with.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by oyeb15: 8:04am On Feb 06
When banks fail to give loans. Sharks step up with 50 percentage interest in just one week. Access bank is d best so far. Keystone and FCMB are d worst with Zero loan availability.

Even our mobile operators give credit and data loan
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Fearurcreeator: 8:06am On Feb 06
correctyourself:

This is even a little of what they do, sometimes they call your in-laws telling them you stole from them, and if you finally pay they wouldn't call your in-laws back to inform them, that you habe paid.
Lolzzzz....
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by barinedan(m): 8:09am On Feb 06
I borrowed money from one of these apps, they terrorise my phone with calls, and messages even before the due date. When I managed to pay back all their debts they started calling vip customer, that my loan amount have been updated, and ever since then they have been calling persuading me to take another loan, even this morning they have called but I have vowed never to take another loan

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Automolite: 8:19am On Feb 06
Hmm, d level wey I dey right now undecided, nothing wey I fit do oh. I nor even get bar to chop talkless of repaying loan. na who dey alive dey repay loan, na survival mode I dey lyka dis.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Salowise: 8:21am On Feb 06
Palmpay has offered me 103k loan to pay 1k daily interest, I've also been receiving loan offers from different loan sharks i wonder why they'll keep on forcing someone to take loan with high interest, i think instead of the government to shot them down they should make them reduce their interest rate to a fair percentage.

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by armadeo(m): 8:22am On Feb 06
duketerry22:
A new strategy sometimes is they'll call saying they have loan offers if you say no next thing you know the money is in your account then they start disturbing you to pay back. Happened to my friend they gave her 24k when she didn't take any loan. They'll wait till eternity for that money

How did they get her account details and phone number ? Is this for real.
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by faceland: 8:22am On Feb 06
Chinese come to our country and buy the poor with indebted servitude. Even bought the consumer protection agency.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by faceland: 8:25am On Feb 06
Salowise:
Palmpay has offered me 103k loan to pay 1k daily interest, I've also been receiving loan offers from different loan sharks i wonder why they'll keep on forcing someone to take loan with high interest, i think instead of the government to shot them down they should make them reduce their interest rate to a fair percentage.

That 103k they offer, you would pay back 150 when the time comes.
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by armadeo(m): 8:27am On Feb 06
Olufemiolaolu:
They would borrow someone 100k and expect you to pay back like 160k within a month. If you fail to meet up they will be adding to it daily. They are very idiotic. [b]They force people to take loans through all those unsolicited adverts online. [/b]They should be banned, they are a public nuisance

Guy take responsibility for your actions.
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Automolite: 8:27am On Feb 06
armadeo:

How did they get her account details and phone number ? Is this for real.
Most of these app get sister company eg
Palmcredit owns xcrosscash, easybuy creditwise
Sokoloan own too many to mention.
Dem go just exchange ur data

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by faceland: 8:27am On Feb 06
Ken4Christ:
The loan app belongs to most of the bank managers. The CBN puts in financial policies to limit our daily withdrawals so they can have enough reserve of our monies to trade with.

They belong to the Chinese government. Even the beautiful opay.

They double their money every 30 days with 30 to 50% interest rate on loans that are at most 2 weeks long.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by nedekid: 8:29am On Feb 06
correctyourself:

See this one, you have not encounter challenges that's why your mount is sweet for grammar.

The abroad you talk about can this noses loan terms and conditions be acceptable?
If you have challenges, borrow money from your friends and family. The loan apps are busineses to make profit, and because of the hostile environment (ie the cost of chasing chronic "onigbeses", that always feel only them have challenges) the cost and terms of such loans will be drastic.
Most of you folks sef, friends and family will not borrow money because you will not pay without a fight.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by tubolancer(m): 8:40am On Feb 06
correctyourself:

See this one, you have not encountered challenges that's why your mount is sweet for grammar.

Dont mind him, looted money is turned into a loan, and then we are re-looted again, the circle continues

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps / Pee-links Electro World Lokoja Re-Opens After 2020 Fire Incident (Photos) / CBN To Announce New Currency Policy Tomorrow (June15)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.