Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery (29320 Views)

FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices / Forex Crisis: FG Plans Clampdown On Binance, other Crypto Firms - Premium Times / Lagos Taskforce Clampdown On Street Traders At Ikorodu Garage - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Jeje247: 11:20pm On Feb 05
Zanzibar1:
See what Okash did to me

For a 78,000 naira loan they want to be taking 55,380 every month
55,380 x3 =166,140

That is twice more than the actual loan. How do they want me to pay back.

Another thing is, they deliberately reduce the font indicating the pay back so that the person will not see the loan amount
This one is a bit better than most others na. It's 2 times payment not 3. So you are paying about 110,600 in total over 2 months. Other apps will make you pay 120k after one week on that same loan. This offer is good if you are a business person.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by NGArmyTerrorist: 11:20pm On Feb 05
Who borrow go pay back with interest! Go pay your loan, fix the country and leave loan app alone no ne them dey fall the Naira, those wey borrow suppose don read terms and conditions..
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Jeje247: 11:23pm On Feb 05
PusssyLord:
These ones that called themselves LETSHEGO that is hidden inside QUICKTELLER APP gave me a loan of ₦70,000 to pay 90kplus for a period of 3 months. I thought i will pay the 90k at the end of 3months but these guys started harassing me at the end of one month. Two days after the first month, they auto charged my account with ₦31,733. That was not a problem for me. But the criminals still auto charged me ₦31,733 again after some hours.

I called them but the idi..ot started insulting me and even told his colleague (a girl) to tell me off too. I wrote emails to them and copied QUICKTELLER. They acknowledged the error and promised to reverse the extra debit but they never did. Fast forward to a month later, they auto debited me again. Which made it 3 installment payment for the ₦90kplus.

As i am talking to you now. Those animals are still harassing me for the payment of ₦31,733. Where as they have not reversed that double debit they did the first month. I AM PATIENTLY WAITING FOR THEM WITH THE COURT AND EFCC
Go and change your card pin at the ATM

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Zanzibar1: 11:24pm On Feb 05
NFBI:
I see ya American clients don reply ya Facebook message 😎
Odogwu grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Jeje247: 11:25pm On Feb 05
duketerry22:
A new strategy sometimes is they'll call saying they have loan offers if you say no next thing you know the money is in your account then they start disturbing you to pay back. Happened to my friend they gave her 24k when she didn't take any loan. They'll wait till eternity for that money
Anyone try that nonsense with me will never see that money again. I don't steal but this one na only you waka come

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Zanzibar1: 11:27pm On Feb 05
PusssyLord:
These ones that called themselves LETSHEGO that is hidden inside QUICKTELLER APP gave me a loan of ₦70,000 to pay 90kplus for a period of 3 months. I thought i will pay the 90k at the end of 3months but these guys started harassing me at the end of one month. Two days after the first month, they auto charged my account with ₦31,733. That was not a problem for me. But the criminals still auto charged me ₦31,733 again after some hours.

I called them but the idi..ot started insulting me and even told his colleague (a girl) to tell me off too. I wrote emails to them and copied QUICKTELLER. They acknowledged the error and promised to reverse the extra debit but they never did. Fast forward to a month later, they auto debited me again. Which made it 3 installment payment for the ₦90kplus.

As i am talking to you now. Those animals are still harassing me for the payment of ₦31,733. Where as they have not reversed that double debit they did the first month. I AM PATIENTLY WAITING FOR THEM WITH THE COURT AND EFCC
they are thieves

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by LOVEGINO(m): 11:31pm On Feb 05
correctyourself:

Infact they would ask you to pay back in 7days, if you manage to pay and decide not to take again, they would send their agents to start calling/sending you messages encouraging you to take loan.

These people does not mean well for nigerians.

For example: If you tell them that you don't have money to pay on the due day (7day) they would ask you to borrow from another loan app to pay them.
exactly. Na so one small girl no lemme rest with call, dey even beg me to collect loan. Till today I no gree pay. Dem don call me tire to pay back.till dem free me grin
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Birniwa(m): 11:31pm On Feb 05
If the FG ever manages to do that, it would be the 101st time and the situations still prevails.
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by TheMostComplex1: 12:05am On Feb 06
correctyourself:

Infact they would ask you to pay back in 7days, if you manage to pay and decide not to take again, they would send their agents to start calling/sending you messages encouraging you to take loan.

For example: If you tell them that you don't have money to pay on the due day (7day) they would ask you to borrow from another loan app to pay them.
Your last line off me lol
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by sylve11: 12:40am On Feb 06
correctyourself:

Abeg I nor fit laugh grin grin 😆 cool
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by olisaEze(m): 1:07am On Feb 06
EmmyMaestro:
Maybe the government is also owing loan apps that's why they want to take them out

With the way APC govts have sought loans from all and sundry, I wouldn't be surprised if Saharareporters comes out tomorrow to say Bulaba branched one Branch office online for one quick loan! grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Donbayor: 1:21am On Feb 06
😂😂😂
VeryWickedMan:
Good.
Sokoloan are now sending birds to my window to observe me & sing my name.
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by eepeepook: 1:35am On Feb 06
Government dey find money. Government no send the plight of the common man. If these companies can be taxed, they sure as hell will be.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by OgaTheTop2: 1:43am On Feb 06
VeryWickedMan:
Good.
Werey! grin
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Kobicove(m): 2:45am On Feb 06
duketerry22:
A new strategy sometimes is they'll call saying they have loan offers if you say no next thing you know the money is in your account then they start disturbing you to pay back. Happened to my friend they gave her 24k when she didn't take any loan. They'll wait till eternity for that money

How did they get her account number to send the money if she did not apply for the loan? undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by lekonso: 2:53am On Feb 06
lonelydora:
Allow them recover their money in whatever way they deem fit

Why would anyone borrow money he/she cannot pay? Nigerians are very dishonest people. They borrow with the mind of not paying back.
You are a very wicked person

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by BeeNG3: 3:03am On Feb 06
VeryWickedMan:
Good.
😂😂😂😂😂We many my guy
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Zanzibar1: 3:09am On Feb 06
VeryWickedMan:
Good.
grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Tradepunter2: 4:22am On Feb 06
lonelydora:
Allow them recover their money in whatever way they deem fit

Why would anyone borrow money he/she cannot pay? Nigerians are very dishonest people. They borrow with the mind of not paying back.

I don't borrow in any way but shut up..... They know Nigerians can't afford yet they still borrow them..... Isn't that stupidity?? They know majority of Nigerians have bad credit profile, yet they still borrow them..... They know majority of Nigerians earn below minimum wage, yet they still borrow them..... Don't come here and act like mumu and start defending nonsense.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by YourFada2: 4:25am On Feb 06
ILoveNG:
Why do people donate to orphanages in the name of helping the less privileged when there are people in need living next door?

Why turn to these apps when you can reach out to friends and neighbours who are better off?

There are some witchcraft neighbors that would rather smoke and sleep than ask a loan from you. Human beings with pride! Dirty pride!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by YourFada2: 4:33am On Feb 06
SALLYBERRY01:
My neighbor picture was posted as rip
😂😂
You’re already having a dead neighbor
What a time to behold😌
LoanApp: RIP
Neighbor: Have heard, no disturb my dead spirit

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by lonelydora: 4:42am On Feb 06
Tradepunter2:

I don't borrow in any way but shut up..... They know Nigerians can't afford yet they still borrow them..... Isn't that stupidity?? They know majority of Nigerians have bad credit profile, yet they still borrow them..... They know majority of Nigerians earn below minimum wage, yet they still borrow them..... Don't come here and act like mumu and start defending nonsense.....

You are just an akpa amu! Stop displaying ignorance publicly
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Rolings: 5:31am On Feb 06
LegallyBlunt:

In fact, loan apps and sharks are key features if a failed state. Ask around!

A struggling economy is a loan sharks paradise.
But they knew the risks and are willing to take it. If anyone pays their exhorbitant interest.... they smile to the bank.
If people refuse to pay ... They should count their losses

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Major77: 5:55am On Feb 06
Thats true there matter is terrible. There percentage is to high abeg make them close am this people they finished me no be lie

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by MyExpression(m): 6:03am On Feb 06
Just like so many Tech apps, most of them didn't think it through thoroughly.
Nigeria is a large market, so they joined the Bandwagon.

You must find a legal means of getting your money back...or shutdown.

Na Nigerians dey even shame for the matter...most Americans live on Loans, mortgages, credit card et al.

They don't debt-shame anybody.
Nigeria as a country is owing.
USA is also owing.

You don't do business in a system that isn't secured.

People no go think thru business solutions, they'll just launch.
...we'll learn on the job...oya na...you gonna learn...the hard way!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by oweniwe(m): 6:16am On Feb 06
correctyourself:

Infact they would ask you to pay back in 7days, if you manage to pay and decide not to take again, they would send their agents to start calling/sending you messages encouraging you to take loan

If you tell them that you don't have money to pay on the due day (7day) they would ask you to borrow from another loan app to pay them.

That's my problem now. Borrow from one app to pay the other... Excessive accumulated interest don hook person grin

Will try my best to pay back what they sent Sha. After that, Oyo o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by netmillionaires(m): 6:30am On Feb 06
Most Nigerians themselves are terrible people. My cousin downloaded many loan app, borrowed 20k x 4, another 30k and then 10k. The funny part is that she has no job. How did she intend to pay back.

[qquote author=lonelydora post=128307055]Allow them recover their money in whatever way they deem fit

Why would anyone borrow money he/she cannot pay? Nigerians are very dishonest people. They borrow with the mind of not paying back. [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by MILLERMannn: 6:32am On Feb 06
Ubanz:
One vile aspect of this loan agency is that 80% are Chinese coys. One Chinese company may own more than 7 apps.
You seem to get it. They are owned by Chinese. This is what Nigerians don't know.
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by WeedAddict: 6:34am On Feb 06
nwakibie3:

If you pay they won't be sending those threatening messages...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Sonnobax15(m): 6:45am On Feb 06
Nahunger:
grin

One of the goats call me today 😀
. grin afa,do they normally track people down to their location?
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Emma1Oj(m): 6:49am On Feb 06
Kurugu92:
It's time they stop this loan app,you give me 17000 and you expect me to pay 24000 in less than a month
7days Sir. And dey expect an hungry man wey eyes no clare not to COLLECT AND NOT PAY.

Me I'm owing dem sha oo. But I can't come and go and kill my self.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Opening A Boutique In Nigeria / CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy / Jim Ovia Earns N1.52 Billion As Top Bank Chiefs Earn N2.3bn In Interim Dividend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.