Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,940 members, 7,817,751 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery (29396 Views)

FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices / Forex Crisis: FG Plans Clampdown On Binance, other Crypto Firms - Premium Times / Lagos Taskforce Clampdown On Street Traders At Ikorodu Garage - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by MVLOX(m): 8:43pm On Feb 06
Nice one
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by VeryWickedMan: 9:22pm On Feb 06
Emma1Oj:
😂😂🤣🤣guy u be serious werey... and u ignore the birds?

I open very tiny hole in a pure water & fire water at them.
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Draggun(m): 10:29pm On Feb 06
This is a welcome development. Fair money and co have been disturbing me to pay back what I owe for months now. Them no understand say money nor dey.
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by EddieJnr0022: 3:40pm On Feb 07
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by lodxxl(m): 2:11pm On Feb 09
Jeje247:
They are a nuisance o. One thing I noticed is that one company might own multiple apps. So its possible you are still borrowing from their sister app to settle them, while increasing the debt burden on yourself. Then there is the hidden interest. They all run almost 50% interest. Imagine taking 30k and paying 45k under a week. Even though they advertise lower rates, they add unholy fees which make the total repay humongous. You will see something like: PRINCIPAL N10k, INTEREST N2k, COMMISSION N637, SERVICE CHARGE N2,529. TOTAL REPAY: N15,166.
You might not notice until you want to repay. You will be seeing 15k instead of 12k you had in mind based on the original interest rate.

When you don't meet up with payment, they start adding fees on you. Primepay is one nasty app I would not recommend. Those people robbed me dry. They credited 28k and was shocked to see I was to pay 42k. I was boxed by an unexpected funds delay so couldn't repay on time. By the time I opened the app was more than shocked to see 57k waiting for me. Just imagine telling me to pay more than 100% of amount I collected in a space of about 2 weeks. Paid a little more than the original 42k but those bastards kept on pestering me to pay the balance. Bastards had the guts to call me to take up another loan after paying up. Their effrontery is out of this world.

Not to mention the incessant calls. You can't sleep with 2 eyes closed when you borrow from them. Imagine taking a one week loan on the 5th to be due on the 12th but you will start receiving barrage of calls and messages as from 8th or 9th to pay up. It's enough to unsettle someone and start making bad money mistakes. They are extremely heartless. Avoid PRIMEPAY no matter what. Avoid loan apps for your sanity
Stop picking the unknown calls then , install Truecaller and have rest .. pay when you can .. if you still want to pay o
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Jeje247: 2:13pm On Feb 09
lodxxl:
Stop picking the unknown calls then , install Truecaller and have rest .. pay when you can .. if you still want to pay o
So that those vagabonds can tarnish my image.
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by lodxxl(m): 5:03pm On Feb 09
Jeje247:
So that those vagabonds can tarnish my image.
we have laws in this country Fccpc and the law courts. We have the data protection act. Aside all this most of them that resort to this means of harassment are not registered.. Fair money and Branch can never harass you . They will keep sending you notifications. Next time when you want to borrow have a burner phone and fill it with fake contacts 🤣🤣🤣. No talk sey I no cut soap for you o
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Jeje247: 5:51pm On Feb 09
lodxxl:
we have laws in this country Fccpc and the law courts. We have the data protection act. Aside all this most of them that resort to this means of harassment are not registered.. Fair money and Branch can never harass you . They will keep sending you notifications. Next time when you want to borrow have a burner phone and fill it with fake contacts 🤣🤣🤣. No talk sey I no cut soap for you o
Thank you for insight. But I don't think I can borrow from them anymore. If God forbid I'm in the situation I need to borrow, I'll take the loan from a bank instead
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by PusssyLord: 6:57pm On Feb 12
PointZerom:

Pls educate me here.
Did they debit your bank account?

Yes...they debited my Card twice for the first instalment which was just supposed to be once. They did the 2nd auto debit in December. If you add the first two and the one of December, it's 3debits amounting to the total loan sum + interest. But the criminals are still attempting to debit my card everyday
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by PusssyLord: 6:59pm On Feb 12
Jeje247:
Go and change your card pin at the ATM

I have locked the carrd, going to the bank tomorrow to request for a new card
Re: Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery by Jeje247: 2:04am On Feb 13
PusssyLord:

I have locked the carrd, going to the bank tomorrow to request for a new card
Good luck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps / Pee-links Electro World Lokoja Re-Opens After 2020 Fire Incident (Photos) / CBN To Announce New Currency Policy Tomorrow (June15)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.