Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team (28881 Views)

Ime Udoka Faces Suspension Over Consensual intimate relationship With Team Staff / Messi Suffers Right Calf Injury In Training & Will Not Travel To USA / Choirul Huda: Indonesian Goalkeeper Dies After Collision With Team-mate (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by MisfitHPG: 9:28am On Feb 06
ravensckar:
Whilst trying to reply you, then I saw your username. There's no point exchanging words with someone who goes by the name 'misfit'. cheesy cheesy

good decision boy
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by Formularcr7: 9:31am On Feb 06
TUANKU:

Mumu, it's not just about the goals. His movement off the ball creates spaces for the likes of Lookman. Arm chair analyst with zero football knowledge.
you are the mumu here because 1goal in a tournament like this is underperformance for player like him. His positioning is also poor,no doubt he brings some strength/ strong head to the team but he won't be missed

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by jahson19(m): 9:32am On Feb 06
this better be a football tactics to unnerve the SA players,make nothing do osimhen oh
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by Austineva(m): 9:35am On Feb 06
Deogratiasfx:

While I feel for him let's tell our selves the truth, we have other people that can even do better, yes Osimhen is trying but let's not make it feel without him Nigeria is in trouble. 5 games: One goal one assist and we are making it sound like the whole team success rests on his shoulder.
South Africa 3:1Nigeria(zoo)
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by Austineva(m): 9:37am On Feb 06
Aleem26:

To go finish him career bah
grin grin grin
Is that Mr vawulence? 😂
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by Indispensable85(m): 9:41am On Feb 06
He'll play and score
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by DJInfluence: 9:41am On Feb 06
Deogratiasfx:

While I feel for him let's tell our selves the truth, we have other people that can even do better, yes Osimhen is trying but let's not make it feel without him Nigeria is in trouble. 5 games: One goal one assist and we are making it sound like the whole team success rests on his shoulder.
who are the others? Is it that big for nothing striker that replaces him each time near the 88 minutes mark? My guy no try am, Osimhen brings a lot more to the team than just goals. He forces defenders to make mistakes and they are very uncomfortable knowing he's lurking. We don't have a better or close enough replacement for him.
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by Osimhen19: 9:42am On Feb 06
May he be healed today IJN.this must be the handwork of the mzanzi
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by EDOLUWA: 9:44am On Feb 06
Deogratiasfx:

Osimhen is the Catalyst of Super Eagles now!!! Opponent commits silly errors at his presence
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by nurudeen181(m): 9:44am On Feb 06
Babangidapikin:
I don't trust South Africa, they have remotely give him stomach upset...
hhhhhhh, this is not India, this is South Africa...
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by pooozeee(m): 9:44am On Feb 06
Ploy by South Africans do poison Osimhen
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by Deogratiasfx: 9:46am On Feb 06
DJInfluence:
who are the others? Is it that big for nothing striker that replaces him each time near the 88 minutes mark? My guy no try am, Osimhen brings a lot more to the team than just goals. He forces defenders to make mistakes and they are very uncomfortable knowing he's lurking. We don't have a better or close enough replacement for him.

God forbid, IF Osimhen Plays and they beat us, na same una go crucify him for all the missed chances. Till today, Nigerians have not forgiven Ighalo missed goal against Argentina in Russia 2018 WC. And that was because we lost the match. You guys only make excuses for Osimhen because we are managing to win still

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by Formularcr7: 9:48am On Feb 06
DJInfluence:
rubbish! onauchu, kelechi ,and others are there, and who told you we can't win a match without a striker
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by Teenaira: 9:52am On Feb 06
Nemere2020:

Super Eagles

I know the South Africans will be praying fervently for him not to be fit for the match but they are OYO !!!

Thank you the Green Eagles, thank you Osinmen, thank you the entire team. Henceforth, I am now born again, I will be watching Nigerian matches.
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by Okeoghenerobert: 9:53am On Feb 06
Abeg o.No be now o. Make we beat south Africa and win the cup first o.
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by frugal(m): 9:56am On Feb 06
ruggedtimi:
goal matters as a striker...
True, but winning matters more for a competition such as this.
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by fleksy: 9:59am On Feb 06
Deogratiasfx:

So if he doesn't play that is the end of the road for Nigeria ba. Am not saying he is not trying but let's not make it feel as if the success of the team rest on his shoulder

You need special spectacles to watch football. He doesn't need to score like someone mentioned. His presence disrupts the oppositions' defense leaving them gullible and giving other strikers like Lukman the leverage to score. His presence on the field is all that matters.
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by ruggedtimi(m): 10:01am On Feb 06
frugal:

True, but winning matters more for a competition such as this.
talking about osimhen's performance not the team. Ofcos winning is paramount
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by Honestey: 10:02am On Feb 06
Airpeace oya go park near stadium during the match make them waka enter fly back home after SA finished Nigeria
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:03am On Feb 06
michlins:
it's not the goals that matter. His presence can make two or three players useless in the opposition team as they will be busy holding him down and others will be able to score.

That's how important quality players are

Three Heineken beer 4u sad sad angry
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by frugal(m): 10:03am On Feb 06
ruggedtimi:
talking about osimhen's performance not the team. Ofcos winning is paramount
His performance has been stellar, and he works for the team to win, not for self.
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by Deogratiasfx: 10:06am On Feb 06
fleksy:

You need special spectacles to watch football. He doesn't need to score like someone mentioned. His presence disrupts the oppositions' defense leaving them gullible and giving other strikers like Lukman the leverage to score. His presence on the field is all that matters.

I laugh u guys. If Nigeria gets beaten now, God forbid, will u still appreciate Osimhen style of play and the misses? You guys amaze me.
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by deavicky(m): 10:07am On Feb 06
fnep2smooth:
make nothing do my boy oooo. abeg speed recovery so that at the end of the season you go jejely enter Arsenal
nothing do am. Na strategy to fool the south.
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by Emma1Oj(m): 10:07am On Feb 06
Too much drug usage cheesycheesy
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by NAC1666: 10:08am On Feb 06
Nemere2020:

Super Eagles
Eating uncooked beans
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by bionixs: 10:10am On Feb 06
Deogratiasfx:

go and sit down
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by johnog4sure: 10:11am On Feb 06
michlins:
it's not the goals that matter. His presence can make two or three players useless in the opposition team as they will be busy holding him down and others will be able to score.

100% since is abdominal, he may recover before tomorrow
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by bionixs: 10:11am On Feb 06
michlins:

don't mind the mushin tout who feels great things should have come from his side
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by fleksy: 10:12am On Feb 06
Deogratiasfx:

I laugh u guys. If Nigeria gets beaten now, God forbid, will u still appreciate Osimhen style of play and the misses? You guys amaze me.

No team is unbeatable. it all boils down to the coaching strategy and plans. That Oshimen lacks goals is not the in-thing, TEAM work is all that matters. every year get season na y rain no dey fall for harmattan.

Enjoy the game whichever way it goes but see Oshimen inclusion as a strategy rather than his lack of goals. e it go score brace sef against south africa. Nigeria needs to win at open play or else forget it if it gets to penalties. that south african keeper saved 4 penalty kicks during their last game.

Let's enjoy the AMAPIANO challenge!.
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by FireUpNow(m): 10:18am On Feb 06
Mind games

Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by izibili44: 10:20am On Feb 06
michlins:

brother you sabi the game
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by bionixs: 10:20am On Feb 06
Deogratiasfx:

So if he doesn't play that is the end of the road for Nigeria ba. Am not saying he is not trying but let's not make it feel as if the success of the team rest on his shoulder
I say , GO AND SIT DOWN!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Real Madrid Stars Given Hero's Welcome In Spanish Capital(Photos) / Lionel Messi Reportedly Texts Luis Suarez To Say He's "Suffering" In Paris / Yves Bissouma Cleared Of Sexual Allegations Made Against Him Last October

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.