Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,073 members, 7,835,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team (29018 Views)

Ime Udoka Faces Suspension Over Consensual intimate relationship With Team Staff / Messi Suffers Right Calf Injury In Training & Will Not Travel To USA / Choirul Huda: Indonesian Goalkeeper Dies After Collision With Team-mate (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by slowice(m): 11:43am On Feb 06
E don go chop nkwobi for wey French woman married to an igbo man prepare grin
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by ogaontop(m): 11:45am On Feb 06
Beverlyjean:
The truth is that oshimhen has gassed out... this is his first major national tournament... did u all think other forwards in other countries cant be as aggressive as he is on the pitch? They know the consequences of playing that sort of game , it breeds fatigue and injuries ...
That's how Didier Drogba plays both in Club and Country and hardly gets injured, in fact he's hardly on the bench.
Didier Drogba is Osimhen's idol, he has repeatedly acknowledged that!
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by sade38436: 11:48am On Feb 06
you and those people that like this comment if I type wetin dey my mind them go ban meyou and those people that like this comment if I type wetin dey my mind them go ban me...
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by Beverlyjean(f): 11:56am On Feb 06
ogaontop:

That's how Didier Drogba plays both in Club and Country and hardly gets injured, in fact he's hardly on the bench.
Didier Drogba is Osimhen's idol, he has repeatedly acknowledged that!

Drogba never played oshimhens style of aggressive marking ... what Drogba did so as some other strikers is to sense defensive bumpers and attack... oshimhen just aggressively attacks non stop
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by qtx(m): 11:57am On Feb 06
Nemere2020:

Super Eagles
What did they give him to eat? Check out those chefs. I hope Non is from SA. I smell a rat. Go get their nationalities and report back.
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by Blazadenise(m): 12:01pm On Feb 06
Naaa psychology strategy to make south African feel comfortable that they would win feeling our key man wont be playing
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by MaziX(m): 12:15pm On Feb 06
Deogratiasfx:

While I feel for him let's tell our selves the truth, we have other people that can even do better, yes Osimhen is trying but let's not make it feel without him Nigeria is in trouble. 5 games: One goal one assist and we are making it sound like the whole team success rests on his shoulder.
are you joking? Do you know what it means to have an African best player in the team? The goal against Angola didn't u see how they focused on him, leaving lookman alone? If you don't know football.. keep quiet 🤫

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by PopQueenAgency: 12:25pm On Feb 06
MaziX:
are you joking? Do you know what it means to have an African best player in the team? The goal against Angola didn't u see how they focused on him, leaving lookman alone? If you don't kn
ow football.. keep quiet 🤫

Don't mind these 12 year old kids who come here to repeat drunken things their fathers said.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by Light78: 12:31pm On Feb 06
If he is sick, another player should replace him. We can't play with a sick player. Otherwise, we will lose. Iheanacho should replace him.
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by Fahd11: 12:36pm On Feb 06
How many did Dugarry score enroute France winning France '98 ? Goals matter no doubt but you cannot play down his role in tactical play and as well presence in the team. He might not score but influence in bringing others into scoring positions. At the end of the day,the team's success is the ultimate.
ruggedtimi:
goal matters as a striker...
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by ravensckar(m): 12:38pm On Feb 06
MisfitHPG:
good decision boy
Look at you, feeling like a gangster! Of all the things one can be, you chose to be a keyboard warrior on a faceless forum. You really must be a scared little puppy in real life. In case you don't know, I be correct Ajegunle boy and we no dey fear anybody. cheesy cheesy
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by Tonnyray: 12:47pm On Feb 06
Blankstare:
I use to think in my quiet times about the problem confroting Nigeria and lack of patriotism comes first.
I attended ABU Zaria, medical and engineering courses are almost free likewise all I believe all first generation uni in the country
All these trained students later turned expert and begin to blackmail the government with allegations of poor working conditions . They don't believe in making do with the available resources, they then japa and begin bad mouth the country from abroad.
This lack of patriotism cut across all other sectors, We urgently need revival in citizenships
Perfectly said.
GOD bless you bro.
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by adecz: 1:26pm On Feb 06
Na diversionary tactics by our coaching
crew to confuse the Bafana Bafana boyz,
nothing do Osimhen ..😁😁😁😁

Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by Truvelisback(m): 1:37pm On Feb 06
So him village people don finally dial him number.
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by Omoawoke: 1:46pm On Feb 06
Deogratiasfx:

While I feel for him let's tell our selves the truth, we have other people that can even do better, yes Osimhen is trying but let's not make it feel without him Nigeria is in trouble. 5 games: One goal one assist and we are making it sound like the whole team success rests on his shoulder.

His presence is a big distraction to the defenders
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by ufotunang: 2:04pm On Feb 06
Beverlyjean:

He doesn't play as aggressively as he is doing in the afcon ... this his style of aggressively chancing defenders is killing him
..it's because African football is an agressive, muscle and full of strength football...you can see how those African players sweat out too much and get too tired. . because of the agressiveness of African football
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by leathalbeast: 2:08pm On Feb 06
Naija has started playing mind games. Wishing Osimhen a speedy recovery though. Dont want any excuses when they lose to SA.
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by ogaontop(m): 2:10pm On Feb 06
Beverlyjean:

Drogba never played oshimhens style of aggressive marking ... what Drogba did so as some other strikers is to sense defensive bumpers and attack... oshimhen just aggressively attacks non stop
You're right, not a regular for Drogba at club level but he gives all with CIV.
Osimhen does so for the sake of passion and patriotism for the country, not what he does always.
Check his performance during qualifiers, not his regular thing!
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by Mubiola360: 2:27pm On Feb 06
Deogratiasfx:

I laugh in Spanish. You can't just understand football . Every team wish to have an hardworking team player like Osibobo. His presence is a threat to the opposition and makes their formation unstable. Forget about goals , Osimehn is indeed needed.
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by MOG6670(m): 2:48pm On Feb 06
Sleekfingers:

Nothing fishing. Anybody can be down with abdominal discomfort, due to constipation, wind, overeating, stress or muscle strain.

Alright
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by hstar: 4:00pm On Feb 06
TUANKU:

Mumu, it's not just about the goals. His movement off the ball creates spaces for the likes of Lookman. Arm chair analyst with zero football knowledge.
Againt E.Guinea he scored, against CIV he won the penalty due to his high pressing, same thing against Guinea.B which resulted in an OG. Against Cameroon he got an assist by winning the ball off a CAM defender, against Angola watch how the 2 center-backs followed him while leaving a gaping space for Lookman to run into and receive that pass...but Youtube analysts know better. Stick to music videos and BBN.
Great
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by TUANKU(m): 4:02pm On Feb 06
abobote:

And you must call him mumu to make your point
Yes.
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by MisfitHPG: 4:56pm On Feb 07
ravensckar:
Look at you, feeling like a gangster! Of all the things one can be, you chose to be a keyboard warrior on a faceless forum. You really must be a scared little puppy in real life. In case you don't know, I be correct Ajegunle boy and we no dey fear anybody. cheesy cheesy
how ajegunle boy take get phone?you steal am ba?
Re: AFCON: Osimhen down with abdominal discomfort, did not travel with team by ruggedtimi(m): 7:28pm On Feb 07
LandMann:

It is people like you that get slapped for allegedly doing nothing.

How many goals has Osimhen scored that got cancelled?
no vex...i retract my statement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ronaldo Wins Globe Soccer 2001-2020 Player Of The Century Award / Musa's Goal Makes Fifa's Top 10 World Cup Goals / Jose Mourinho Joins talkSPORT After He Was Sacked By Tottenham (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.