Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

hh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / hh (11276 Views)

hh / hh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

hh by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 09, 2011
Re: hh by DrummaBoy(m): 8:17am On Nov 09, 2011
I agree with them.
GEJ should have respected d zoning formular.
It would have saved this nation his cluelessness.
Re: hh by redsun(m): 9:03am On Nov 09, 2011
What zoning fcking formula? Nigeria should be led by competent hands not tribal herdsmen and agberos like obj,all in the name of zoning.
Re: hh by redsun(m): 9:20am On Nov 09, 2011
What is the point of having a union that is not working at this time and age where people can easily decide their faith? Nigeria at this point is a country on d brink,like a half filled glass,it could go either way-bloom or desolation.
Re: hh by Desola(f): 9:28am On Nov 09, 2011
Our nation cannot do without tribal sentiment because we are tribal in nature! How can you group 3 strong nations with their distinct identities together and expect there not to be tribal tension? It is just impossible!

The zoning arrangement was the only commonsensical thing the PDP ever did for a volatile nation like Nigeria but out of greed, they renegade leaving the electorates to pay the ultimate prize.

Obasanjo and his cohorts are the devils that befell Nigeria, not the Hausas!
Re: hh by micawber(m): 9:32am On Nov 09, 2011
redsun:

What is the point of having a union that is not working at this time and age where people can easily decide their faith? Nigeria at this point is a country on d brink,like a half filled glass,it could go either way-bloom or desolation.

Rightly said and it's a high time we grew to understand that. This country needs one of the two!
Re: hh by kokoA(m): 9:35am On Nov 09, 2011
redsun:

What zoning fcking formula? Nigeria should be led by competent hands not tribal herdsmen and agberos like obj,all in the name of zoning.

and GEJ is a competent hand? undecided
Re: hh by OmoPastor(m): 9:36am On Nov 09, 2011
We all know that what we are experiencing in this country presently is the work of the people that have vowed to make the country ungovernable for GEJ.

But they quickly forgot that this same north will sit on that seat one day and then the ball of violence and distruption will shift to the other group.

SO why don't we cut the chase and be reasonable in what we do. Stop the violence before its too late!
Re: hh by DrummaBoy(m): 9:42am On Nov 09, 2011
MEND also promisd 2 make Nig ungovernable if GEJ didnt win, sir!
I agree wholeheartedly wit Desola
Respect agreements!!!
Re: hh by sheyguy: 9:43am On Nov 09, 2011
greateros:

Jonathan’s Election Cause Of Insecurity In Nigeria – Us Agency

Sun, 06/11/2011 - 1:28am | A notable United States based civil society organisation, Fund for Peace, has blamed the eruption of violence in different parts of the country on the ascension of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan to the presidency, in violation of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) rule of zoning that, if followed in April, would have given the northern part of the country the presidential slot for another four years.

In its report on the April polls released recently entitled "Unlock Nigeria", and exclusively obtained by LEADERSHIP SUNDAY, the organisation interested in peace and conflict resolution across the world attributes the present ethnic and religious tensions in the nation to its politics.

"The alternation of the presidency between the North and the South every two terms has been the rule since 1999, as per a PDP agreement. However, the death of President Yar'Adua mid-term in 2010 has thrown this delicate balance off kilter.

"This current term was expected to have been Yar'Adua's (a northerner) second term, instead of Jonathan's (a southerner) first elected term. This, coupled with an opening up of the political space and great strides being made in democratisation, has threatened those with vested interest in the status quo and brought ethnic and religious tensions to the surface," the report states in part.

The US organisation's report rated Delta, Kaduna and Bayelsa high on violence, as it predicted violence in the 2012 Bayelsa governorship poll.

"Looking ahead, UNLocK participants are very concerned about the potential for violence in Bayelsa state's upcoming gubernatorial election, slated for February 2012.

"This is particularly concerning, given a history of political violence between politicians at the state level in Bayelsa, and the state government's frequent use of state and non-state armed forces in a manner outside of the rule of law," the report states.

The organisation also described the general elections in April this year as riddled by irregularities and violence.

"While the elections held in April 2011 were hailed as the fairest in Nigeria's history by international observers, political intimidation, election irregularities and violence, including riots and bombings, occurred throughout the North and South.

"Though the previous report noted many of these incidents, more reports were compiled at a recent UNLocK workshop in Port Harcourt.

"For a more complete summary of the period, this edition overlaps with the previous report to include election and post-election incidents between the months of April and September 2011."

On the other states, the report states in part: "As highlighted in this report, within southern states such as Akwa Ibom and Delta, there were incidents of election violence and irregularities, especially at the gubernatorial level."

http://allafrica.com/stories/201111060039.html

[size=48pt]YES OH ! ! ![/size]
Re: hh by basadenet: 9:51am On Nov 09, 2011
No No No,
Re: hh by micawber(m): 9:52am On Nov 09, 2011
Nigeria's problem increases on daily count. Before it was Biafra (though peaceful), then Niger Delta (thanks to late Umaru) now it's the Haram.
[size=30pt]God Help us.[/size]
Re: hh by maclatunji: 10:00am On Nov 09, 2011
Now that the United States' interests in Nigeria are being threatened by this government's 'approach' to governance, they are singing a new song. I hope GEJ and people like Beaf can see the handwriting on the wall.
Re: hh by phreakabit(m): 10:06am On Nov 09, 2011
sheyguy:

[size=48pt]YES OH ! ! ![/size]

And so what?! They should tell us if it was any different from what George bush did in 2000. Abeg. . . . I have said it b4 and I will repeat, I will rather have an ape rule this country over a Northerner. Violence and threats should never be a form of political "campaigning".
Re: hh by egift(m): 10:08am On Nov 09, 2011
greateros:

The organisation also described the general elections in April this year as riddled by irregularities and violence.

^^^
What does that mean?
Re: hh by egift(m): 10:09am On Nov 09, 2011
greateros:

What does that mean?

Is it ok to say they group meant:
- Adding tons of thousands of votes where there were few
- Multiple thumb-printing
- Locally printing of millions of extra (private) balllot materials
- Reduction of Opposition's figures where the had support
- Intimidate opponents in places they had little support
- Announcing the final results without considering the complains raised
- Use state funds to bribe and lobby voters
- Give out positions and benefits of government to get favour and get people to keep silent
- Use insults, character assassinations, brute forces, kidnapping, bombs, etc to shut up people.
- Block Opponents from using state media to air their message to the people and more.

Is that what they call[b] irregularities?[/b] How convenient.
Re: hh by fm7070: 10:10am On Nov 09, 2011
US Government should leave us alone.
They should stop making stup1d comments about Nigeria.
Nigerians are growing politically, we will no longer allow few cabals to dictate for us.
If PHP had made the mistake of bringing Atiku or IBB, they would have lost totally to opposition party.
2015 will be another drama in its entirety
Re: hh by owobokiri(m): 10:16am On Nov 09, 2011
If the election of one man from the area that feeds the nation caused instability in Nigeria i will say; let instability reign. It is a testament to the arrogant politics of some parts of the country that they wont even tarry a while to allow others that have never been close to power take the mantle of leadership for a second. Those who talk of rotation of power should go and tell that to Shagari, Abacha, Babangida Buhari and co. Those ones rotated the thing very well among themselves for decades and there was no instability.
Re: hh by egift(m): 10:18am On Nov 09, 2011
fm7070:

Nigerians are growing politically, we will no longer allow few cabals to dictate for us.
If PHP had made the mistake of bringing Atiku or IBB, they would have lost totally to opposition party.

^^^
@Bolded

Keep playing Party politics - Say Hi Madam President and her lap-dog

See what they are doing to Nigeria
Re: hh by Nayah(f): 10:18am On Nov 09, 2011
Good morning poster, with all due respect I don't really think Jonathan Goodluck has caused insecurity in Nigeria
Troubles in this country remain tribalistic and exists for many years, and have intensified since the Biafra war, Goodluck inherit of a big country with big potential but a lot of issues ( socio political) are still pending
Re: hh by Orikinla(m): 10:24am On Nov 09, 2011
I said it all before the election and many people wanted to crucify me and I said it would be your tragedy and not mine.
Now many of you are now lamenting woefully.
Too late to cry.
Epele o.

Only God can save us if only we obey him and stop all our greediness, hypocrisy and wickedness online and offline.
Re: hh by maclatunji: 10:24am On Nov 09, 2011
Nayah:

Good morning poster, with all due respect I don't really think Jonathan Goodluck has caused insecurity in Nigeria
Troubles in this country remain tribalistic and exists for many years, and have intensified since the Biafra war, Goodluck inherit of a big country with big potential but a lot of issues ( socio political) are still pending

Nayah please do not interfere in the politics section. As always your post is cute but I 've got to say you do not fully understand the subject!
Re: hh by wellheads(m): 10:29am On Nov 09, 2011
We don't need the US to tell us the genesis of our problems, we know it ourselves. It is however a known fact that GEJ's disrespect for the zoning rule of PDP is what is costing so many innocent lives in Nigeria. What is even worse and more painful is the fact that he just can't do anything right!. God!. He irritates me with passion.

If he is performing, even the northerners would have rallied around him.
Re: hh by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 09, 2011
owobokiri:

If the election of one man from the area that feeds the nation caused instability in Nigeria i will say; let instability reign.
Those who talk of rotation of power should go and tell that to Shagari, Abacha, Babangida Buhari and co. Those ones rotated the thing very well among themselves for decades and there was no instability.
GBAM!
Re: hh by owobokiri(m): 10:32am On Nov 09, 2011
fm7070:

Honestly, that statement should be directed at Nigeria. Nigeria should leave the US alone. Just read in a report that American officers are in the Niger Delta "training" our soldiers. Then the FBI is in Abuja over Boko Haram while our president is begging Obama to visit. They will keep throwing out all these negative reports till they stampede the country into a huge  crises, then as was the case in Libya , their fleat will arrive since they know how to feed from the carcass of a troubled state. If Americans can close their noses and fight hand in hand with Al-Qaeda in Libya, one should be worried how this Boko Haram menace will turn out in the future.
Re: hh by Nayah(f): 10:35am On Nov 09, 2011
maclatunji:

Nayah please do not interfere in the politics section. As always your post is cute but I 've got to say you do not fully understand the subject!
Brother, I think this is a debate, a discussion if I'm wrong the smarter you can do is to show me why, don't you think?
You do have an opinion on Lybia? or the EU and the financial crisis? are you an European or a Lybian? so I'm here to be enlightened, that'salso the aim of a forum
Re: hh by namfav(m): 10:36am On Nov 09, 2011
no offense, but you should not be talking about this, it makes you sound stoopid

Nayah:

Re: hh by egift(m): 10:37am On Nov 09, 2011
To troubles with Nigeria remains just because our President is incompetently ignorant of what to do. He is not helping the situation at all.

- More wasteful spending
- More political thieves
- No punishment to criminals in politics
- Nothing is recovered
- Terrible Anti-people policy (eg: Unimplemented of Minimum Wage, Removing Subsidy, Many new taxes, re-introduce toll-gates levies, and many more)
- No security, more Bombs, robberies, extortion, kidnapping, etc.
- High cost of living
- No light
- Expanding government and expense
- Poor communication (Stage interview, chat on FB, spin by sycophants, PA, SA, etc)

And more frequently, sweet-talking us like smooth criminals.
Re: hh by member479760: 10:37am On Nov 09, 2011
The US Agency is short sighted, if Jonathan lost the election that would have been the worse, Mend wouldn't allow us to sell the oil then where are we gonna get the money? the whole econs would have been in comma than what we have today. so  lets fence them and leave dem to kill one another when they are ready for division they should let us know.
Re: hh by Nayah(f): 10:39am On Nov 09, 2011
namfav:

no offense, but you should not be talking about this, it makes you sound stoopid

Namfav, don't worry I'm not offense at all I'm also here to understand, and as I told your brother if I'm wrong then ok give me some arguments then we can discuss, hope you'll understand
If this is a stupid approach then yes I am wink
Re: hh by Gbawe: 10:49am On Nov 09, 2011
owobokiri:

Honestly, that statement should be directed at Nigeria. Nigeria should leave the US alone. Just read in a report that American officers are in the Niger Delta "training" our soldiers. Then the FBI is in Abuja over Boko Haram while our president is begging Obama to visit. They will keep throwing out all these negative reports till they stampede the country into a huge  crises, then as was the case in Libya , their fleat will arrive since they know how to feed from the carcass of a troubled state. If Americans can close their noses and fight hand in hand with Al-Qaeda in Libya, one should be worried how this Boko Haram menace will turn out in the future.

Indeed. I laugh when I read fans of GEJ bragging about how America will make Nigeria's security issues disappear. The same USA that concocted wicked lies (weapons of mass destruction about to be deployed) to destroy an entire nation and the future of generations to come i.e Iraq ? It is ignorant for anyone to tell the USA to stay out of our affairs when our leaders are always licking their azz and begging for their help at the slightest hint of yawa. The USA is simply totally about self-interest. When GEJ's woeful leadership begins to threaten their interest seriously, they will overtly or covertly support his removal . No long thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reps Probe Orubebe’s Multi-billion Naira Mansion / On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo / Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgement Barring Ize-Iyamu, Audu From Contesting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.