Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,781 members, 7,827,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label (21628 Views)

Mohbad Launches His Own Label After Leaving Naira Marley’s Marlian Music. / Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label / Simi part ways with X3M records following the expiration of her contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by bisqit: 1:02pm On Feb 07
blowjohn:

I noticed that song has well crafted lyrics. Perhaps the best I have heard from a Nigerian artist in decades.

Note: am a huge Nas Fan so it's difficult to appreciate naija lyrics but this guy ruger was saying some clever lines in his song.
nas or biggie?
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by DWJOBScom(m): 1:10pm On Feb 07
Slymking:
It obvious you listen to akpala live local bands music for you too not have known this start boy, so either way you knowing him doesn’t even add anything or contribute to his success anyway

Kpele fan of life
I only made my contribution
He needs to grow
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by dangoteinlaw: 1:14pm On Feb 07
Nyanabo:
If he keeps dishing out those hits, he would be okay. Also he shouldn't forget about jonzing world. When he hits a roadblock he should reach out. No pride in asking for help.
and you think hits are cooked with a gas cooker looking studio right? Drake remains on top coz his label boss birdman got thr most expensive mixer on planet earth. Can rugad afford a standard studio let alone promotions? I feel he was dropped coz dude is too small to leave on his own and he know it.
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Nyanabo(m): 1:52pm On Feb 07
dangoteinlaw:
and you think hits are cooked with a gas cooker looking studio right? Drake remains on top coz his label boss birdman got thr most expensive mixer on planet earth. Can rugad afford a standard studio let alone promotions? I feel he was dropped coz dude is too small to leave on his own and he know it.

One Love mate.
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Pussyisgud: 1:52pm On Feb 07
Ru my guy just be careful i know many singers who went down after quitting the record label that brought them out.
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by blowjohn(m): 2:32pm On Feb 07
bisqit:
nas or biggie?

Nas all day.

Take in blood(part 1 and 2) trounces anything biggie ever put out.

I can name 20 other songs or verses fem Nas that shit on biggie or any other rappers catalogue. Take note, I'll only mention songs from the old era so as to be fair to biggie.

NB: as per biggie, only about 7 artists can go toe to toe with him(kool G rap, guru, AZ, prodigy, rakim, method man,big pun etc) so biggie may be second on my list.

But Nas material just has a way of making other artists catalogue look weak.
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Azazyel: 2:44pm On Feb 07
Eriggs:
Keep shut your mouth.
Only ipob terrorists supporters hate dem Manna. I know una. Shame on u

I think you need to visit a psychiatrist. Nothing concern me with ipob. I'm not Igbo and I was pointing out the fact that manna used the"F" word completely which goes against the rules of this platform. I don't know what substance you're drinking but you're one of the most horrible tribalists on this platform. Seun needs to remove people like you
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Subonbon(m): 3:58pm On Feb 07
NwaliE01:
Who is this?
wòlíì agbw :- grin
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Subonbon(m): 3:59pm On Feb 07
[quote author=NwaliE01 post=128325823]Who is this?[/quote grin grin
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by finallybusy: 8:17pm On Feb 07
News I could honestly do without.
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by nairamaniac: 9:10pm On Feb 07
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Melagros(m): 11:12pm On Feb 07
sweetkev:
Is it true Seun is now paying first to comment ?
No
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Melagros(m): 11:12pm On Feb 07
LeeSmart:
Normally na the business be daht, blow small nd then u form ur own R. label
Exactly
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by JayPeeOham: 9:15am On Feb 08
bisqit:
na this song I take fúck bisi inside her papa guest room

Wereeeeeeey!!! grin
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by bishop212(m): 5:05pm On Feb 08
kingar:
I don’t even know who is advising this boys. Maybe he has learnt the music business enough to stand alone but i feels there’s more to music than just singing which is called promotion. If I had the opportunity I’d hang around my boss no matter the conditions for 5-10years. It’s called mentorship, e no mean say I no get sense or I no want grow but I’ll be learning and gradually building contacts when opportunity comes. Omo na them know. I wish him the best anyways

i just dont know. when they just manage to get a little popularity they think thats all there is to the music business. hmm . from records, it is evidnt that more than 90% of young artiste that left yheir labels very early ARE NOWHERE to be found today.
what does he know about the business?
whi and who does he even know in the business is another question.
these big labels have from strong relationships with those controlling the business going way back. they have a big SAY on how things arw done Underground tht u a new label owner doent know .
i hope je doesnt end up like rekaado banks ,lil kesh etc.

1 Like

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Dsimmer: 7:49pm On Feb 08
EreluRoz:
Is it not this guy that ladies play with his penis on stage? I can't take him seriously on anything again.

Lol. I didn't think he liked it when a lady grabbed his D but he acted cool anyway. It's usual for fans to misbehave anyway.. lol.

The guy has been giving jams steadily! Girlfriend, Bounce, Wewe, Dior, Abu Dhabi, Kristy, Tour, Snapchat, All of us, Blue, Red flag, Asiwaju, Boytoy, Bienvenue, Bun bun, Jonzing.. He's big on the lyrics & melody. I think it was his Abu Dhabi I first heard. I didn't even know the singer at first when I heard that song but the song is quite good. When I heard it at first, I was like, "quite nice". And then he dropped Bounce later. He's quite good. Lyrics and melody. Also a soothing soft voice.

Joeboy also has a new label I think. Ruger and Joeboy should just give us a collabo song. Joeboy has also given several jams such as Baby, Beginning, Nobody, Call, Focus, Show me, Don't call, Sugar Mama, Body soul, Sip..

Ruger and Joeboy should just give some collabo.
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Dsimmer: 11:52pm On Feb 08
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Dsimmer: 2:00pm On Feb 09
zilon12:
Only love from this side, you fill our ears with juicy songs

All the best in your new Label

True. Ruger paid his dues with several melodic hits despite his age.

Artistes are just like footballers or even normal worker. They do their stuff and should get paid. If a talented footballer is paid less than what he's provided, then he leaves. It's not by force because that's tantamount to slavery. Same as Joeboy.

Ruger isn't a one hit song wonder but has done a lot already for the label. So if he wants to be independent, he's done a lot already. This is someone who's made several hit songs as well as given melody hits to some. Btw, Ruger and joeboy should just give collabo song.

1 Like

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Dsimmer: 10:26am On Feb 10
Dsimmer:

True. Ruger paid his dues with several melodic hits despite his young age.

Artistes are just like footballers or even normal worker. They do their stuff and should get paid. If a talented footballer is paid less than what he's provided, then he leaves. It's not by force because that's tantamount to slavery. Same as Joeboy.

Ruger isn't a one hit song wonder but has done a lot already for the label. So if he wants to be independent, he's done a lot already. This is someone who's made several hit songs as well as given melody hits to some. Btw, Ruger and joeboy should just give collabo song.

Now this reminds me of a funny drama I watched where the guy wanted to leave a company because he was being talked down on despite him being quite a talented worker in the company. In this case thou, the guy was actually paid well but for the rudeness of the boss towards him. But once the boss realised the guy might leave, he changed his approach. Lol. The boss actually liked the guy but only acted cold towards him because he had feelings for the guy. When he finally told the guy about his feelings, the guy didn't believe him. Lol.

The Point is if one isn't getting the necessary benefits which should be relative to what one has been offering so far, one is bound to leave. Anyways, Ruger has paid his dues with several hits despite his young age. Bounce, Girlfriend, Abu Dhabi, Asiwaju, Snapchat, Kristy, All of us, Redflag, Blue, Wewe, Dior, Tour, Boytoy, jozning boy etc.. 😎
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Dsimmer: 11:18pm On Mar 02
Dsimmer:

Lol. I didn't think he liked it when a lady grabbed his D but he acted cool anyway. It's usual for fans to misbehave anyway.. lol.

The guy has been giving jams steadily! Girlfriend, Bounce, Wewe, Dior, Abu Dhabi, Kristy, Tour, Snapchat, All of us, Blue, Red flag, Asiwaju, Boytoy, Bienvenue, Bun bun, Jonzing.. He's big on the lyrics & melody. I think it was his Abu Dhabi I first heard. I didn't even know the singer at first when I heard that song but the song is quite good. When I heard it at first, I was like, "quite nice". And then he dropped Bounce later. He's quite good. Lyrics and melody. Also a soothing voice.

Let me add that although Ruger's vocal doesn't have the range of Kizz and Fireboy who can go very high range if they want however, he's got this soft lovely voice with his beautiful melody and lyrics. His live vocal on bounce on glitz for example or his lovely soft vocal in "till we die". His lovely voice in "till we die" collabo enrich that music with so much swell. So soothing. His Kristy song was also a soothing one 🎶 Likewise Snapchat, Girlfriend, bounce, Abu Dhabi, all of us, asiwaju, wewe etc 🎶 I think Ruger and Kizz are more of melody dancehall tho while Fireboy is in between. Of course I like dancehall, Fuji... Grew up with Sunny ade's song, Obe etc and also 9ice with his Fuji infusion music. Asake also leans to the Afro Fuji infusion melody with the proverbs and dancehall..
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Dsimmer: 12:12pm On Mar 04
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Badadvisor: 8:14pm On May 10
dangoteinlaw:
Lol which Birdman wetn this one dey talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wande Coal Quits Mavin Records? / Checkout Patoranking's First Promo CD Before The Fame / Bbnaija: Anto Looking Gorgeous In New Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.