Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label (21490 Views)

Mohbad Launches His Own Label After Leaving Naira Marley’s Marlian Music. / Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label / Simi part ways with X3M records following the expiration of her contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by gigabyte13: 8:23am On Feb 07
Welcome to the real world of Nigerian music industry, hope you survive on your own sha...
Being good is not good enough to survive in the Nigerian music industry.
As MOHBAD
Rekaado bank
Africa China and so so many

3 Likes

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Nyanabo(m): 8:24am On Feb 07
If he keeps dishing out those hits, he would be okay. Also he shouldn't forget about jonzing world. When he hits a roadblock he should reach out. No pride in asking for help.

5 Likes

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by victorVIC1(m): 8:33am On Feb 07
Gggjhhj:

I just tire for them, I hardly see anyone who left is label recently and still shines, the likes of Kesh, reekado banks and alot. Pray he sours in his new part

Most of them think music business solely thrives on talent. The business requires a well grounded and highly connected team to achieve good success. BTW, Borna's mum must be a pro in the music business

2 Likes

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Odoh119: 8:36am On Feb 07
SALLYBERRY01:
Congrats
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by SouthSouth1914: 8:44am On Feb 07
kingar:
I don’t even know who is advising this boys. Maybe he has learnt the music business enough to stand alone but i feels there’s more to music than just singing which is called promotion. If I had the opportunity I’d hang around my boss no matter the conditions for 5-10years. It’s called mentorship, e no mean say I no get sense or I no want grow but I’ll be learning and gradually building contacts when opportunity comes. Omo na them know. I wish him the best anyways

Best comment ever!

3 Likes

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by MouthofdGods: 8:55am On Feb 07
You actually missed out the biggest of them all - Reekado Banks. At a time, it was like after Wiz, its Reeky. Then boom - he left Mavins, the rest is history

They're quick to flaunt their own labels, even when they've haven't gotten a solid ground yet. Lil Kesh deceived himself with 'Young-And-Getting-It (YAGI)', today he's nowhere to be found. Same with talented artistes like Korede Bello, Dija, Oladips (nigga faked his own death and still didn't blow with his EP), Mayorkun, Cizza Milli, Dices Ailes of Choc City, to mention a few. Let me not even talk about the serious awards they will never win..

The few musicians who left early and succeeded are 2baba with Kennis Music, Wizkid with EME Records, Kizz Daniel with G-Worldwide...[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by NGArmyTerrorist: 8:58am On Feb 07
Goodlady:
One of my favorite?
Na already made things you dey like, if na something wey never mature, you no go like am grin
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by nairamaniac: 8:58am On Feb 07
Paraman:
Strong word. Rudiger is good but standing alone is not easy
Rudiger is good but he never stands alone. He usually stands next to militao or David Alaba in the defense line of Real Madrid FC grin

2 Likes

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Kionrae: 9:02am On Feb 07
Nyanabo:
If he keeps dishing out those hits, he would be okay. Also he shouldn't forget about jonzing world. When he hits a roadblock he should reach out. No pride in asking for help.
his last hit was two years ago sha, just saying
These kids don't know how much financial power is put into the music business
Let's hope he doesn't fade away when things get tough...
Rema hasn't left his label but he has arguably churned out more hits

1 Like

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Maxtipulation(m): 9:02am On Feb 07
Normal thing Nigeria musicians do...not surprised
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by kayceelittle(m): 9:06am On Feb 07
OilTrain is offering an affordable opportunity through the upcoming 2024 Oil & Gas Conference, Certification, and Career Fair.

Date: 12th Feb 2024
Time: 10 am prompt

For more info call/ WhatsApp 07036248614.

1 Like

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by AK481(m): 9:07am On Feb 07
sweetkev:
You've just made the right decision bro. No more profit sharing, except in your inner circle and just as you wish.

You think promotion of songs are easy?
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by GreatOchuks: 9:13am On Feb 07
Hope he wouldn't end up like Lil Kesh
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by AfroKnight: 9:17am On Feb 07
Big mistake
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Azazyel: 9:25am On Feb 07
post=128325829:

O dayan mo.
Try know person oooo

Take this......

*singin* 🎵 🎶 🎵 🎶

See, I'm ahead of them, Asiwaju
I'm a fucking baller, Ighalo ni mi
No man fit talk shit to me
Ni ilu mi, you go collect o
See, omo na me dey lead, Asiwaju
I'm a fucking baller, Ighalo ni mi
No man fit talk shit to me
Ni ilu mi, you go collect o

You should get banned for this
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Eriggs: 10:00am On Feb 07
Azazyel:

You should get banned for this
Keep shut your mouth.
Only ipob terrorists supporters hate dem Manna. I know una. Shame on u
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Pravedk: 10:08am On Feb 07
Well. At the end it's his gamble.

The music industry in Nigeria is very close knit and you have to be at the top of ur game to survive. That is why for young men growing it is better you do it with an established label.

Now he has to built his own contacts, hire his own lawyer, publicist, stage & logistics mangers, Tunde Ednut etc

You can sing, but understand the business
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by zilon12(m): 10:23am On Feb 07
Only love from this side, you fill our ears with juicy songs

All the best in your new Label
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Wotowotoman: 10:25am On Feb 07
TopNotchTrends:
Adebayo Olayinka (born 23 September 1999), known as Ruger, is a Nigerian Afrobeats musician and songwriter. He rose to fame with the song "Bounce" and signed a record deal in 2021 with Jonzing World.

After spending 3 years with Jonzing world, Ruger becomes another artist to start a new chapter in their career by starting a record label. Ruger made this announcement on his twitter page and I quote.

He now joins the likes of Wizkid, Kizz Daniel, Tu Face and others who lefts their labels.

We hope that he is successful in his new path.

Please share your thoughts.

The beginning of the end for him. He should go and ask Reekado and Wande how far
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Wotowotoman: 10:27am On Feb 07
Anigreat:
shocked

D'prince has lose his money bag. This guy made mad money for him. Is good that Ruger fulfilled his own side of the deal without any issue,, and it obvious Dprince treated him well , not using him as a slave and paying him Peanuts with all the money he has made. He paid him handsomely.

First of all go and buy a book called Brighter Grammar. You really need it.

Second, if Ruger is the cash cow, what is Rema? 🤔

1 Like

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Wotowotoman: 10:28am On Feb 07
AK481:

You think promotion of songs are easy?

Go and buy a book called Brighter Grammar asap
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Wotowotoman: 10:29am On Feb 07
nairamaniac:
Rudiger is good but he never stands alone. He usually stands next to militao or David Alaba in the defense line of Real Madrid FC grin

Nice grin
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Wotowotoman: 10:38am On Feb 07
victorVIC1:

Most of them think music business solely thrives on talent. The business requires a well grounded and highly connected team to achieve good success. BTW, Borna's mum must be a pro in the music business

Burna boy’s mum is just his manager…manager and record label are two different things
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by porthouse7(f): 10:39am On Feb 07
NwaliE01:
Who is this?
he’s more popular than Oliver d cook and osadede
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by NwaliE01: 10:42am On Feb 07
porthouse7:
he’s more popular than Oliver d cook and osadede

What brought about this comparison?
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by tunize(m): 10:45am On Feb 07
YoungLionken:
This is how they (young artistes) start undecided..

They're quick to flaunt their own labels, even when they haven't gotten a solid ground yet. Lil Kesh deceived himself with 'Young-And-Getting-It (YAGI)', today he's nowhere to be found. Same with talented artistes like Korede Bello, Dija, Oladips (nigga faked his own death and still didn't blow with his EP), Mayorkun, Cizza Milli, Dices Ailes of Choc City, to mention a few. Let me not even talk about the serious awards they will never win..

The few musicians who left early and succeeded are 2baba with Kennis Music, Wizkid with EME Records, Kizz Daniel with G-Worldwide...

The likes of 2face and wizkid served not only did they serve they had the fans such that as a label you just do little promotion on them dem go still blow.

These artist were naturally talented they make your label to be known they give your business and label a name, you are pushing them they are pushing your label massively too.

Kennis had so many artist under its label but the most marketable and maybe most like able artist was who 2face (2face was face of kennis) when he left what happened that was the end of the label all other artist signed after him never lived up to expectation.

Wizkid just like 2face left EME what happened that was the end of the label

2 Likes

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Slymking: 10:46am On Feb 07
It obvious you listen to akpala live local bands music for you too not have known this start boy, so either way you knowing him doesn’t even add anything or contribute to his success anyway
DWJOBScom:
For 3 years noone knows you and you want to start your own label.
You probably think they are taking all the money and giving you peanut
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by porthouse7(f): 10:47am On Feb 07
NwaliE01:

What brought about this comparison?
just telling u how well known he is
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by bisqit: 12:55pm On Feb 07
Judolisco:
na d Prince get rema 2 now.... And rema blow pass dis one, though ruger has more hit songs
I will slap your face. Which hit song
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by bisqit: 12:57pm On Feb 07
JayPeeOham:

@NwaliE01 follow take this one

Bounce your body or we bounce you out
Girly go down, north to south
Shey you gree? I no fit shout
Ayy-ayy-ayy-ayy
Bounce your body or we bounce you out
Omo no scream, no too shout
Ayy-ayy-ayy, no loud am no loud am

na this song I take fúck bisi inside her papa guest room

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meghan Markle And Prince Harry Welcome A Baby Boy! / Toke Makinwa Opens Up About Her Surgery And Her Struggle With Depression / Asa: I Am Afraid Of Fetish People, Get My Shoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.