Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label (21494 Views)

Mohbad Launches His Own Label After Leaving Naira Marley’s Marlian Music. / Studio Brat: Simi On Why She Set Up Her Own Label / Simi part ways with X3M records following the expiration of her contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Exousiang01: 6:12am On Feb 07
These kids.
Thought he would have learnt from Reekado Banks and others.

5 Likes

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Lexusgs430: 6:13am On Feb 07
Anigreat:
shocked

D'prince has lose his money bag. This guy made mad money for him. Is good that Ruger fulfilled his own side of the deal without any issue,, and it obvious Dprince treated him well , not using him as a slave and paying him Peanuts with all the money he has made. He paid him handsomely.

So what is Rema ........ Rema made him more money ........

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by pretydiva(f): 6:13am On Feb 07
I hope he knows what he’s doing. This was what affected the likes of reekado banks et al. Good luck to him

9 Likes

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Lexusgs430: 6:14am On Feb 07
Exousiang01:
These kids.
Thought he would have learnt from Reekado Banks and others.

Exactly......... Or that other guy that sang, I don get alert or that girl with long neck .....😀

3 Likes

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by kingar(m): 6:14am On Feb 07
Oboto700:
too much drugs dey worry them..
very possible

1 Like

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Bfly: 6:15am On Feb 07
E no easy, boy. Anyways, wish you the best.
His message from the post is cool
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Major7: 6:17am On Feb 07
Goodlady:
One of my favorite?

A good lady with a good sense of music cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by udemzyudex(m): 6:20am On Feb 07
Nigerian artist are so quick to float their own label, things you hardly see US artist do.

5 Likes

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by udemzyudex(m): 6:21am On Feb 07
sweetkev:
You've just made the right decision bro. No more profit sharing, except in your inner circle and just as you wish.

Same mentality and at the end you won't hear from them again like you always do.

1 Like

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by kingar(m): 6:23am On Feb 07
YoungLionken:
This is how they (young artistes) start undecided..

They're quick to flaunt their own labels, even when they've haven't gotten a solid ground yet. Lil Kesh deceived himself with 'Young-And-Getting-It (YAGI)', today he's nowhere to be found. Same with talented artistes like Korede Bello, Dija, Oladips (nigga faked his own death and still didn't blow with his EP), Mayorkun, Cizza Milli, Dices Ailes of Choc City, to mention a few. Let me not even talk about the serious awards they will never win..

The few musicians who left early and succeeded are 2baba with Kennis Music, Wizkid with EME Records, Kizz Daniel with G-Worldwide...

2baba served, wizkid served too and gather fans that trusted in their craft b4 leaving to start up. Getting rich quick no Dey allow this genZ think

8 Likes

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Sheuns(m): 6:48am On Feb 07
Before an artist blows, the contract maybe unfavorable to him. But after you blow and stayed afloat for 2-3 years, I personally feel you’re in a position of power to renegotiate contract terms with your label if they still want you around and continue working with them or find another better label.

Running a business isn’t easy.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Paraman: 7:05am On Feb 07
kingar:

2baba served, wizkid served too and gather fans that trusted in their craft b4 leaving to start up. Getting rich quick no Dey allow this genZ think
Strong word. Rudiger is good but standing alone is not easy

1 Like

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Judolisco(m): 7:10am On Feb 07
Anigreat:
shocked

D'prince has lose his money bag. This guy made mad money for him. Is good that Ruger fulfilled his own side of the deal without any issue,, and it obvious Dprince treated him well , not using him as a slave and paying him Peanuts with all the money he has made. He paid him handsomely.
na d Prince get rema 2 now.... And rema blow pass dis one, though ruger has more hit songs
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Slymonster(m): 7:13am On Feb 07
sweetkev:
You've just made the right decision bro. No more profit sharing, except in your inner circle and just as you wish.
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Slymonster(m): 7:15am On Feb 07
sweetkev:

Lol, some people think it's by doing it themselves. They will go far. How many that has left mavin has gone far themselves or even olamide record. Sometimes, it is not about eating it all.

1 Like

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by tellwisdom: 7:15am On Feb 07
This one sef na musician?

2 Likes

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by JayPeeOham: 7:16am On Feb 07
post=128325829:

O dayan mo.
Try know person oooo

Take this......

*singin* 🎵 🎶 🎵 🎶

See, I'm ahead of them, Asiwaju
I'm a fucking baller, Ighalo ni mi
No man fit talk shit to me
Ni ilu mi, you go collect o
See, omo na me dey lead, Asiwaju

@NwaliE01 follow take this one

Bounce your body or we bounce you out
Girly go down, north to south
Shey you gree? I no fit shout
Ayy-ayy-ayy-ayy
Bounce your body or we bounce you out
Omo no scream, no too shout
Ayy-ayy-ayy, no loud am no loud am

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by jeff1993: 7:18am On Feb 07
sweetkev:
Is it true Seun is now paying first to comment ?
..... Yes na shey u dont know ni??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by thaoriginator: 7:19am On Feb 07
Paraman:
Strong word. Rudiger is good but standing alone is not easy
He no good reach Thiago Silva
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Paraman: 7:21am On Feb 07
thaoriginator:
He no good reach Thiago Silva
I thought Thiago Silva is a famous hollywood producer while Rudiger is a footballer I don't agree with your comparism
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by HeadNigga: 7:22am On Feb 07
YoungLionken:

They're quick to flaunt their own labels, even when they've haven't gotten a solid ground yet. Lil Kesh deceived himself with 'Young-And-Getting-It (YAGI)', today he's nowhere to be found. Same with talented artistes like Korede Bello, Dija, Oladips (nigga faked his own death and still didn't blow with his EP), Mayorkun, Cizza Milli, Dices Ailes of Choc City, to mention a few. Let me not even talk about the serious awards they will never win..

The few musicians who left early and succeeded are 2baba with Kennis Music, Wizkid with EME Records, Kizz Daniel with G-Worldwide...
these three that succeeded were properly blown...you couldn't count their number of hits with their old label...they were many. Wande failed coz be didn't have adequate solo hits and wasn't serious about moving on. He left and wasn't sure, he even went on to drop the kick with jazzy at some point. He didn't have uncountable solo hits like 2baba, kizz and wizz plus he wasn't serious with going independent.

Most of his hits that I can remember we're done alongside d'banj and mohits crew and you know d'banj was the star if the crew. He(WC) needed his solo hits to really grow.

Now D'banj should not be used to nail me coz he failed after leaving don jazzy. His case is different. He was already washed up when he left don jazzy...as in, new guys were already taking over when he left...M.I, wizkid, Davido, inyanya, etc

4 Likes

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Gggjhhj: 7:23am On Feb 07
kingar:
I don’t even know who is advising this boys. Maybe he has learnt the music business enough to stand alone but i feels there’s more to music than just singing which is called promotion. If I had the opportunity I’d hang around my boss no matter the conditions for 5-10years. It’s called mentorship, e no mean say I no get sense or I no want grow but I’ll be learning and gradually building contacts when opportunity comes. Omo na them know. I wish him the best anyways

I just tire for them, I hardly see anyone who left is label recently and still shines, the likes of Kesh, reekado banks and alot. Pray he sours in his new part

1 Like

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by thaoriginator: 7:29am On Feb 07
Paraman:
I thought Thiago Silva is a famous hollywood producer while Rudiger is a footballer I don't agree with your comparism
They're both footballers. You mentioned Rudiger instead of Ruger
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by blowjohn(m): 7:42am On Feb 07
post=128325829:

O dayan mo.
Try know person oooo

Take this......

*singin* 🎵 🎶 🎵 🎶

See, I'm ahead of them, Asiwaju
See, omo na me dey lead, Asiwaju

I noticed that song has well crafted lyrics. Perhaps the best I have heard from a Nigerian artist in decades.

Note: am a huge Nas Fan so it's difficult to appreciate naija lyrics but this guy ruger was saying some clever lines in his song.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by OneCandleAway(f): 7:50am On Feb 07
YoungLionken:

Even kizz Daniel is still working with G-worldwide because he came to realise the stress of management isn't easy. Though its still under his label.

2 Likes

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by DigitalJobs: 7:52am On Feb 07
post=128325818:
There is time for everything in life..........

..........A time to be jonzing and a time to ........ wake up and collect your money 💰

(No pun intended cool)

Really No Pun Intended
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Empresa: 7:56am On Feb 07
As long as he Left fulfilling his obligations at jonzing, no problem. Good luck bro.
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by stanliwise(m): 8:03am On Feb 07
kingar:
I don’t even know who is advising this boys. Maybe he has learnt the music business enough to stand alone but i feels there’s more to music than just singing which is called promotion. If I had the opportunity I’d hang around my boss no matter the conditions for 5-10years. It’s called mentorship, e no mean say I no get sense or I no want grow but I’ll be learning and gradually building contacts when opportunity comes. Omo na them know. I wish him the best anyways
Until you get there. Many people eye don see shege. Both from record label side and both from musician side.
Funny enough each circumstances are always quite different

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by Akinpresident: 8:04am On Feb 07
kingar:
They don't wanna grow, but they wanna blow.
The place of mentorship in any craft can not be overemphasized. It's crucial to success.
All the artists who left their labels at the peak of their careers aren't doing well like when they were there. Someone would mention Wizkid, but dude had lots of mentors. That's the difference here.

2 Likes

Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by mamajaz(f): 8:04am On Feb 07
kingar:

It is not how long you hang in there. It is how well you utilise your hanging time. He will keep learning at the job. Let him pave his on way in time.
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by stanliwise(m): 8:09am On Feb 07
kingar:

There is no formula to this things o. If you make am after you leave then no one cares, if not everyone begins to point out how you didn’t learn
Re: Singer Ruger Parts Ways With Jonzing World, Floats Own Label by chatinent: 8:23am On Feb 07
The ex bosses would blacklist him now. It's traditional for them to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced To Prison For Tax Evasion / Bisola And Chizzy Alichi Cover House Of Maliq Magazine / Asa: I Am Afraid Of Fetish People, Get My Shoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.