Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment (38144 Views)

AFCON: South Africans Threaten Nwabali - Don't Come Back / AFCON: South Africa Slams Nigeria For Football Safety Warning / AFCON: South Africa Names Nigerian-born Defender In Provisional Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by ablejesus26(m): 7:06pm On Feb 07
RedAlert08:

For every chimamanda, there are thousands that have been denied visas just because they hold the green passport.

For every Soyinka or Achebe, there are millions that have been singled out and profiled at airports as potential security threats.

Nigeria has a less palatable reputation than South Africa.

Learn to tell yourself the truth. It will help you.

By the way, I'm Nigerian.

Who cares if You are Nigerian or Nigerien??
That Name Nigeria is a big name anytime anywhere.
Yes We have criminal minded people too,but truth is NIGERIANS are admired outside Nigeria.
Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by BBIA: 9:21pm On Feb 07
IronGalaxy:
We don't have such oblong heads, you do. grin grin grin
You don't throw stones living in a glass house

How did the match go? cool
Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by IronGalaxy: 9:22pm On Feb 07
BBIA:

How did the match go? cool
it came and went cool
Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by BBIA: 9:41pm On Feb 07
IronGalaxy:
it came and went cool
cool cool cool

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Judd007: 10:02pm On Feb 07
We sha still win them
Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by RedAlert08(m): 12:02am On Feb 08
ablejesus26:

Who cares if You are Nigerian or Nigerien??
That Name Nigeria is a big name anytime anywhere.
Yes We have criminal minded people too,but truth is NIGERIANS are admired outside Nigeria.

Continue fooling yourself.

You say this because you've never stepped out of Nigeria
Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Lionessza6(f): 7:12am On Feb 08
EreluRoz:
Southafricans are very aggressive and rude, I can't deal with them

Coming from a citizens of the most terrorised nation in Africa? grin. A nation of tribal warlords and religious bigots ? shocked grin. You people are big jokers grin

1 Like

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Lionessza6(f): 7:13am On Feb 08
Realguyman1:
Hmm! So wetin he mean be say if to say he job nor dey, he for worst. Na wa o

No feeble minded one, he means he could've given a harsher and non-diplomatic response not this wishy-washy statement.
Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Lionessza6(f): 7:14am On Feb 08
atobs4real:
South Africa do any how you see any how.
We no dey gree for una

LMFAO, what can Nigeria ever do to South Africa? grin. Empty threats

1 Like

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Lionessza6(f): 7:16am On Feb 08
LaSenior:
South Africa nothing fit carry me go there

Tufiakwa

LMFAO, thank God , one less tribal bigot and criminal to deal with grin

1 Like

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Lionessza6(f): 7:21am On Feb 08
Onyi90:
The advice from the High commissioner is very necessary

The same commisioner can't even take care of the needs of its citizens in South Africa, Nigerians has to protest outside their embassy against their corruption targetted at their own citizens grin grin...the same lazy and corrupt fools now pretend to care about Nigerians just to gain clout grin grin.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Lionessza6(f): 7:24am On Feb 08
atobs4real:
South African with aboki/ fulani mentality.
One way gang.
Do any how we flush your investment out of the......

Empty threats from empty chestbeaters grin. Rubbish. Your Nigerian soldiers will shoot you down like an animal if you ever dare an South African business grin. Remember what happened the last time, your silly compatriots got their asses beaten and shot by Nigerian officers grin. And on top of that , a lot are still languishing in prison with no hope of ever being free.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Lionessza6(f): 7:31am On Feb 08
Major7:
Dear God, please protect our love ones over there cool

How about dear" God make us unite and work hard in making our own nation liveable and loveable, so that we won't have to beef others for theirs " grin

1 Like

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Lionessza6(f): 7:36am On Feb 08
Oizee:
When they say think before talking, so if he was not in that position he would have been hostile like others?

Truly the apple doesn't fall far.......,...

He meant he would have given the lazy and corrupt commission a befeating response, not that wishy-washy diplomatic response he had to write because of the office he occupies. Imagine a useless commission whose citizens had to protest here in South Africa against their corrupt tendencies , now feeling all funky and portraying Nigerians as some type of fragile and law abiding humans grin grin. Rubbish .

1 Like

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Major7: 7:39am On Feb 08
Lionessza6:

How about dear" God make us unite and work hard in making our own nation liveable and loveable, so that we won't have to beef others for theirs " grin

No one is beefing your people by coming to seek for greener pastures.some of your people are also scattered everywhere else seeking gresner pastures and that's the way God designed it to be. We can't grow and unite in isolation so learn to tolerate other people. God bless us all cool
Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Lionessza6(f): 7:58am On Feb 08
Major7:

No one is beefing your people by coming to seek for greener pastures.some of your people are also scattered everywhere else seeking gresner pastures and that's the way God designed it to be. We can't grow and unite in isolation so learn to tolerate other people. God bless us all cool

LMFAO

Mr motivational speaker , Nigerians aren't some fragile and helpless victims in South Africa as you tried to portray in your earlier posts. They get the treatment they deserve....as you guys always say " do anyhow, see anyhow". As for my people scattered everywhere....stop being a joker here, we aren't desparados, that's your position . Yes, we travel out for formal employment( guaranteed), education(ivy league or on scholarships) , business and tourism not as thugs and prostitutes ( hustlers).

Can you even tolerate the Abokees** Flat-trons** and scratched face people in your own backyard? grin. Charity begins at home grin

1 Like

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Major7: 8:17am On Feb 08
Lionessza6:

LMFAO

Mr motivational speaker , Nigerians aren't some fragile and helpless victims in South Africa as you tried to portray in your earlier posts. They get the treatment they deserve....as you guys always say " do anyhow, see anyhow". As for my people scattered everywhere....stop being a joker here, we aren't desparados, that's your position . Yes, we travel out for formal employment( guaranteed), education(ivy league or on scholarships) , business and tourism not as thugs and prostitutes ( hustlers).

Can you even tolerate the Abokees** Flat-trons** and scratched face people in your own backyard? grin. Charity begins at home grin

You don't use few people's action to condemn an entire country like you're doing. There are lots of bad eggs in every tribe and region and doesnt connotes that the whole region is bad. Who told you Nigerians don't also travel for formal employment and educations I have lots of friends and families abroad;lawyers,doctors accountant and the likes who's been there for over 25years. As for tolerance, we have over 100 ethnic tribes in Nigeria and wecoexist no matter the dispute,I have friends of different tribe and nationality. One of your own is my friend and she will be paying me a visit soon,she was even persuading me to relocate to SA so don't be tribalistic in your approach
Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Lionessza6(f): 9:34am On Feb 08
Major7:

You don't use few people's action to condemn an entire country like you're doing. There are lots of bad eggs in every tribe and region and doesnt connotes that the whole region is bad. Who told you Nigerians don't also travel for formal employment and educations I have lots of friends and families abroad;lawyers,doctors accountant and the likes who's been there for over 25years. As for tolerance, we have over 100 ethnic tribes in Nigeria and wecoexist no matter the dispute,I have friends of different tribe and nationality. One of your own is my friend and she will be paying me a visit soon,she was even persuading me to relocate to SA so don't be tribalistic in your approach

@ the first statement; but you get to condemn a whole nation ? grin.

Yes, you have those professionals overseas, but the difference is that you also have a lot more desparados in other countries making a nuisance of themselves, hence you have the reputation you have and countries make it difficult for you to get their visas. There's no comparison here wink.

LMFAO, Nigeria is the hub of tribalism my guy, the headquarters of such in Africa. From your civil war to the recent revival of the Biafran agitation to the fact that certain citizens are told they can never rule Nigeria because of the tribe they belong in. So much for tolerance grin. No one advocates for discrimination here , but we will not tolerate hypocrisy as well cheesy

If those in South Africa, feel less safe here than where they came from then , why don't they move out in their numbers ? Why stay in a xenophobic country when there are over 50 loving countries in Africa?
Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Major7: 9:53am On Feb 08
Lionessza6:

@ the first statement; but you get to condemn a whole nation ? grin.

Yes, you have those professionals overseas, but the difference is that you also have a lot more desparados in other countries making a nuisance of themselves, hence you have the reputation you have and countries make it difficult for you to get their visas. There's no comparison here wink.

LMFAO, Nigeria is the hub of tribalism my guy, the headquarters of such in Africa. From your civil war to the recent revival of the Biafran agitation to the fact that certain citizens are told they can never rule Nigeria because of the tribe they belong in. So much for tolerance grin. No one advocates for discrimination here , but we will not tolerate hypocrisy as well cheesy

If those in South Africa, feel less safe here than where they came from then , why don't they move out in their numbers ? Why stay in a xenophobic country when there are over 50 loving countries in Africa?

I give up on your likes,keep on twisting your words to suit your purpose.it remains your opinions and not facts. I'm ignoring you after this
Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Lionessza6(f): 10:01am On Feb 08
Major7:

I give up on your likes,keep on twisting your words to suit your purpose.it remains your opinions and not facts. I'm ignoring you after this

No, I twisted nothing . You know very well why I responded to your initial post the way I did. Stop playing victim here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mouez Hassen, Tunisia Goalkeeper Refuses To Be Subbed During Win Over Ghana / Taiwo Awoniyi Joins Nottingham Forest For Club Record Fee / Champions League Group Stage Draw Released (See Full Fixtures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.