Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment (38145 Views)

AFCON: South Africans Threaten Nwabali - Don't Come Back / AFCON: South Africa Slams Nigeria For Football Safety Warning / AFCON: South Africa Names Nigerian-born Defender In Provisional Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by kennyz247(m): 6:47am On Feb 07
Is in their blood..

1 Like

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Ewedegubbler: 6:48am On Feb 07
He’s always been a xenophobic mofo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by ObiPandora: 6:48am On Feb 07
Bet ordinary 50K on it n come n see if you will not see like 4 goals each half.

nony43:
Under 1.5 goals each half.

3 Likes

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by erniok(m): 6:48am On Feb 07
Govt officials dealing with other nations are required to play nice so no buggy. I believe there are channels of communication that he should have followed and not X.
There's nothing wrong with the advisory if some.of their citizens have made.veiled threats. Forewarned is forearmed.
Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by RedAlert08(m): 6:49am On Feb 07
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
An average south african can never part ways with xenophobia.

Coming from citizen of a country where people were prevented from voting simply because of the part of the country they came from.

You're a hypocrite.

7 Likes

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by ObiPandora: 6:50am On Feb 07
South Africans are not lazy shut your foolish mouth and stop tagging anyone lazy especially not those that their country is beta developed than yours which is result of critical thinking planing and hard work.

Asabe4:
Very lazy and violent beings....most of them.

Nigerians in SA should stay safe cause we are winning tonight.

3 Likes

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Bfly: 6:52am On Feb 07
Nigerian too like wahala, see the tension the warning has caused.
Seems Nigerians can’t even behave normally without being told

3 Likes

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Didijiji: 6:52am On Feb 07
post=128326245:
We advised Nigerians living in South Africa to "be watchful of their utterances, be mindful of where they choose to watch the match especially in public places, and refrain from engaging in loud, riotous or provocative celebrations should the Super Eagles win.
Nigerians in SA should be careful. Very careful on how they celebrate the win.
This advice is very necessary.

We Rise ✔️
advice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by ObiPandora: 6:55am On Feb 07
Really ? How did you arrive at this delusion ?

RedAlert08:

Coming from a Nigerian cheesy cheesy cheesy

When you travel to other parts of the world you'll realize Nigerians are at the lowest rung of the respect ladder in the eyes of other nationality. We're just a delusional bunch

3 Likes

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by nony43(m): 6:56am On Feb 07
ObiPandora:
Bet ordinary 50K on it n come n see if you will not see like 4 goals each half.

Hahahaha.
Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Beverlyjean(f): 6:57am On Feb 07
EreluRoz:
Southafricans are very aggressive and rude, I can't deal with them

We Nigerians are even worse .... at least south Africans don't hate themselves like we do

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by MzansiCoolio: 6:58am On Feb 07
I see nothing wrong with Clayson's comment🇿🇦🏆

Infact, I'm disappointed. Yesterday i said they should have called the Nigerian high commissioner to come explain himself and issue the evidence he's talking about.

I heard this story on BBC and it has the potential to dent our image as SA over unfounded claims. There's never been hooliganism after SA/Nig matches.

The high commissioner's actions have actually backfired, now South Africans will be looking forward to see if there's any post-match show🎉🎇 should we lose .

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Gentlesoul2021(m): 6:58am On Feb 07
RedAlert08:

When you travel to other parts of the world you'll realize Nigerians are at the lowest rung of the respect ladder in the eyes of other nationality. We're just a delusional bunch

You get the Bleep out of here xenophobic pig.

6 Likes

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Mirasteel: 6:58am On Feb 07
Nigerians over there should be careful.
Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Iceberg3: 6:59am On Feb 07
Na naija find trouble....
Issuing bladdy statements to your citizens cos of ordinary south Africa..if you ain't a disgrace to Africa,will all these have been necessary? If anything happens,that Nigerian off should be held responsible
Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by RedAlert08(m): 7:02am On Feb 07
ObiPandora:
Really ? How did you arrive at this delusion ?

I've lived in Europe and Asia for many years. The Nigerian passport is only worth a used ashtray- it's useless.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by JayPeeOham: 7:03am On Feb 07
All these people telling Nigerians in SA not to celebrate loudly I no blame una, see if you have ever won anything massive such as the AFCON semis before you would know that you do not have control over how you react when you win..Talk more of flogging top rivals such as SA.

Maybe y'all should just pray that the Super Eagles don't even win because if they do...hmmmmm

Shay na here we go gather read am.

3 Likes

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by ImoleNaija: 7:04am On Feb 07
It's not their fault, is it?

How many SA are here in Nigeria for good living?

While our own people litter everywhere in search of good living. angry

2 Likes

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by MzansiCoolio: 7:05am On Feb 07
jchioma:
Mr Monyela then replied "My job requires me to "play nice". Meaning, if not for my job I would have shown dem Nigerians pepper they will not forget.

No, he means he would have used harsher words. Even i as an ordinary citizen was annoyed by this advisory - it paints South Africans as trigger-happy people when there's no evidence of past football hooliganism after SA/Nig matches.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Franking: 7:05am On Feb 07
South Africans are deeply xenophobic. Even the president can make worse remarks in private.

5 Likes

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Omoawoke: 7:06am On Feb 07
Of all countries in the world, South Africa will not be a place I’d need to visit

4 Likes

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Omoawoke: 7:07am On Feb 07
RedAlert08:

Big lie!!!

3 Likes

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by omojoibo: 7:10am On Feb 07
why does prolonged co-habitation with Caucasians bring the best in black folks and the reverse brings the worse in them

1 Like

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Gkay1(m): 7:11am On Feb 07
Nigerian will not take it easy with them if they try any rubbish

3 Likes

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by RedAlert08(m): 7:13am On Feb 07
Gentlesoul2021:

You get the Bleep out of here xenophobic pig.

What do you know? Ignoramus.
Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by ObiPandora: 7:14am On Feb 07
Tell that to the millions of Nigerians using it across the globe.

RedAlert08:

I've lived in Europe and Asia for many years. The Nigerian passport is only worth a used ashtray- it's useless.

5 Likes

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Inspirer1: 7:16am On Feb 07
Truly, he has proven the Nigeria High Commission right. Our people over there should be careful cos there are many South Africans in South Africa who are not doing the same job like him hence may not "play nice"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by RedAlert08(m): 7:17am On Feb 07
ObiPandora:
Tell that to the millions of Nigerians using it across the globe.

The fact they're across the globe means they're running away from the backwardness in their country. That's why they're abroad in the first place.

No nation would take a people led consecutively by Buhari and Tinubu seriously.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by JustPowerApps(m): 7:19am On Feb 07
They should wait till after the match before they express their displeasure. cool
Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Gentlesoul2021(m): 7:21am On Feb 07
RedAlert08:

What do you know? Ignoramus.

Silly, this is a Nigerian space. You should be in a forum in your xenophobic clime. Angry set of fools, that's why your girls love us...

5 Likes

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by LONEWOLFJOHN: 7:21am On Feb 07
EreluRoz:
They are very unfriendly and also eager to fight.
I swear they never see fight, just unleash Aboki alone for them, they will run. What nonsense. What justification SA have to acuse Israel of genocide when they carry out xenophobic attacks on fellow African. SA are the most ungrateful and useless people in the world. IDF Drones need to visit SA.

5 Likes

Re: AFCON: South African Official, Clayson Monyela Accused Of Xenophobic Comment by Spartachizzy: 7:22am On Feb 07
I Foresee Masses crying after the Match today. This i have seen!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mouez Hassen, Tunisia Goalkeeper Refuses To Be Subbed During Win Over Ghana / Taiwo Awoniyi Joins Nottingham Forest For Club Record Fee / Champions League Group Stage Draw Released (See Full Fixtures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.