Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,297 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine (1728 Views)

UK Told To Withdraw Foreign Aid From Nigeria Due To Killing Of Christians / Arch Bishop Samson Mustapha Benjamin Protests Against 5G Network / Bishop Tom Samson And His Rolls Royce Phantom Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Expanse2020(m): 1:19pm On Feb 09
Ken4Christ:

Under the Old Testament, the saints of God fought to defend themselves against their enemies. Samson was raised to defend Israel and judge Israel. So, what is wrong about that.

If someone comes to your house and ask you to pack out, will you do it? Won't you fight for what is rightfully yours?

You are committing your life to attack Christianity. But you can't defend the many lies of your religion.

You are also following a leader who was not sure of his destination or future - Sura 46:9.
Just as Jesus also said no one can judge and all judges belong to the Father
If Jesus has power he will not be hanged like mere thief on the cross
So rest
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Ken4Christ: 2:47pm On Feb 09
Expanse2020:

Just as Jesus also said no one can judge and all judges belong to the Father
If Jesus has power he will not be hanged like mere thief on the cross
So rest

He did that for us all so we can be discharged and acquitted of guilt. Otherwise, we would have all been doomed.

But his return will be terrifying. Then, you will know the power Jesus has.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Expanse2020(m): 3:08pm On Feb 09
Ken4Christ:

He did that for us all so we can be discharged and acquitted of guilt. Otherwise, we would have all been doomed.

But his return will be terrifying. Then, you will know the power Jesus has. The return Jesus o ma bad gan🤣🤣🤣🤣
The bible said no one carry another person sin ..so how come he carry your sin..
Let assume Jesus is son of God and you yourself is the God..
And your creation; Jews,Roman,Greek offended you and you want to punish them and you sent only your son to them but you later kill your son to show them that how you are dreadful... Why can't you killed some of them or killed them all and create another ones that will be service you..but you choose to kill your only son...is that logically make sense ..

Or Jesus as God killed himself leave his creation to continue thier bad acts.. instead of them to repent. What is the purpose of his death..
And when the God died on the cross who is controlling the universe
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 3:36pm On Feb 09
Ken4Christ:

Sura 46:9. Tell them: “I am not the first of the Messengers; and I do not know what shall be done with me or with you. I follow only what is revealed to me, and I am nothing but a plain warner.

Just pretend not to understand what Mohammed said above.
You quoted one verse here and quoted 6 verses from the Bible. How do we know the context of the verse? Even so, as at the time the verse was revealed, he doesn't know. And he doesn't know anything till it will be revealed.

Compare it with the statement Jesus made;

John 14:1-6.
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus said and did many things!
He prayed to his God!
He fasted to his God!
He worshipped his God with his head on the floor!

At least the Holy Spirit in Jesus was close to perfection but doesn't know the Hour! Unlike that of Samson and David!
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Dtruthspeaker: 4:41pm On Feb 09
AntiChristian:

You are right. But he was exactly like Boko Haram but with Yahweh as his Lord!

Boko haram even kill their family.
https://www.nairaland.com/4732869/factional-boko-haram-leader-mamman#71182259
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Dtruthspeaker: 5:02pm On Feb 09
FxMasterz:

They don't know what they're doing.

They do. They know that they are cut off so, they have become like Satan and very jealous and angry that Christians have the love of God.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Ken4Christ: 5:06pm On Feb 09
AntiChristian:
You quoted one verse here and quoted 6 verses from the Bible. How do we know the context of the verse? Even so, as at the time the verse was revealed, he doesn't know. And he doesn't know anything till it will be revealed.

Jesus said and did many things!
He prayed to his God!
He fasted to his God!
He worshipped his God with his head on the floor!

At least the Holy Spirit in Jesus was close to perfection but doesn't know the Hour! Unlike that of Samson and David!

But your book says that Allah will make those who follow Jesus to be supreme. Are following Jesus?

Sura 3:55
Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by FxMasterz: 5:07pm On Feb 09
Dtruthspeaker:

They do. They know that they are cut off so, they have become like Satan and very jealous and angry that Christians have the love of God.

Not so brother.

They're actually blind. Just like those who crucified Jesus.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Dtruthspeaker: 5:18pm On Feb 09
FxMasterz:

Not so brother.

They're actually blind. Just like those who crucified Jesus.

Thats not true brother. They choose to be blind and God sealed it. There isnt any person who has seen a better way who does not change to it. Eg car instead of donkey.

But God's way is such a dangerous better that when you refuse to choose it when presented, it locks you out exactly as unright people are always jealous and angry of right doing people. Which is why you would always see an atheist, Muslim and jw attack Christianity.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 5:37pm On Feb 09
Ken4Christ:

But your book says that Allah will make those who follow Jesus to be supreme. Are following Jesus?

Sura 3:55
Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.

I will make...

It will happen!
Jesus will come again and rule with Islam, die as a Muslim, destroy Christianity and kill the one-eyed Dajjal (antichrist).
Those who followed him are and will always be Muslims.

Qur'an 3 vs 52
When Jesus sensed disbelief from his people, he asked, “Who will stand up with me for Allah?” The disciples replied, “We will stand up for Allah. We believe in Allah, so bear witness that we have submitted (became Muslims).”

Qur'an 61:14
O believers! Stand up for Allah, as Jesus, son of Mary, asked the disciples, “Who will stand up with me for Allah?” The disciples replied, “We will stand up for Allah.” Then a group from the Children of Israel believed while another disbelieved. We then supported the believers against their enemies, so they prevailed.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 5:37pm On Feb 09
Dtruthspeaker:

Boko haram even kill their family.
https://www.nairaland.com/4732869/factional-boko-haram-leader-mamman#71182259

Maybe they have another version of the holy spirit!
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Ken4Christ: 6:20pm On Feb 09
AntiChristian:

I will make...

It will happen!
Jesus will come again and rule with Islam, die as a Muslim, destroy Christianity and kill the one-eyed Dajjal (antichrist).
Those who followed him are and will always be Muslims.

Qur'an 3 vs 52
When Jesus sensed disbelief from his people, he asked, “Who will stand up with me for Allah?” The disciples replied, “We will stand up for Allah. We believe in Allah, so bear witness that we have submitted (became Muslims).”

Qur'an 61:14
O believers! Stand up for Allah, as Jesus, son of Mary, asked the disciples, “Who will stand up with me for Allah?” The disciples replied, “We will stand up for Allah.” Then a group from the Children of Israel believed while another disbelieved. We then supported the believers against their enemies, so they prevailed.

These are fabricated lies. Please use your brain.

Jesus is coming back for the church. The Bible is the only book that contains the detailed ministry of Jesus.

And it also contains the works of his Apostles.

Jesus died for our sins. He is not coming back to die again. It is appointed to man to die once.

Please, don't be deceived in this age of enlightenment.

There is no one prophet who confirmed that Mohammed is from God.

But Jesus got his confirmation both from the prophets of old, John the Baptist and even God himself.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by honesttalk21: 6:23pm On Feb 09
AntiChristian:
Verses in Question

The Spirit of the Lord helped Samson here indeed! But I think the Philistine's Delilah has more strength than a Lion! And where was the Spirit when Delilah came to cuddle Samson?

Wait? Where did the anger come from? Did the spirit of the Lord inspire the killing?
Samson still had many failings being tempted by a women and ended up committing suicide with his enemies according to the Biblical Narrations! I still can't explain why God helped Samson marry a Philistine wife that won't be loyal to him! And why kill people to satisfy someone's useless riddle? O God!

So why do I need this Spirit to understand the Bible?

The Spirit of the Lord can still enter someone today and that person will still kill others like Samson!

Sirtee15
honesttalk21
TenQ
Expanse2020

The Bible has numerous spirits of God
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by SIRTee15: 7:58pm On Feb 09
AntiChristian:
Verses in Question

The Spirit of the Lord helped Samson here indeed! But I think the Philistine's Delilah has more strength than a Lion! And where was the Spirit when Delilah came to cuddle Samson?

Wait? Where did the anger come from? Did the spirit of the Lord inspire the killing?
Samson still had many failings being tempted by a women and ended up committing suicide with his enemies according to the Biblical Narrations! I still can't explain why God helped Samson marry a Philistine wife that won't be loyal to him! And why kill people to satisfy someone's useless riddle? O God!

So why do I need this Spirit to understand the Bible?

The Spirit of the Lord can still enter someone today and that person will still kill others like Samson!

Sirtee15
honesttalk21
TenQ
Expanse2020

Samson was a judge whose mandate was to defend the Israelites against the philistine by virtue of his superhuman strength.
B4 he was born a covenant was established by God that Samson will be used to deliver his people from the philistine.
A sign of the covenant was Samson would be a Nazarite for life. In old testament, God establish his covenant to the people via physical vow that the people must keep as a way of keeping faith with the covenant.
For Samson he was to be a Nazarite for life. On return God will reward him with superhuman strength via the power of the holy spirit at work in him.

What he choose it to do and whatever way he decides to defend the Israelites or defeat the philistine is left to him.

It's obvious Samson wasn't a wise person and didn't seek the face of God in all his actions. He allowed his desires to have his way instead of waiting upon the Lord at all time.
He married a philistine despite wise counsel from his parents.
He continued to have affairs with philistine women despite God's warning to Israelites not to associate with them because the women will lure the Israelites away from God's commandment.
Samson was very much aware of his power and his source thus he kept the Nazarite vow, but he cares less for other sacred commitments to God.

He fornicates, didn't seek wisdom or guidance. He makes irrational decision borne out of ego which sometimes put his kinmen in trouble. His uncontrolled anger led the philistine to murder his wife and father in law as punishment for Samson burning their field.

Samson led Israel for 20 yrs but couldn't get the yoke of the philistine off his people. The philistine firmly ruled Israel while Samson ran a one man show killing inconsequential number of philistines here and there.

Samson couldn't use his super human strength to galvanise and motivate the men of Israel and lead a successful rebellion against the philistine.
It was obvious his downfall was only a matter of time.

The lesson is clear. Having the spirit and power of God isn't enough.
U need grace, divine wisdom, holiness and righteousness to fulfil the mandate of God.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Antiislaam(m): 8:21am On Feb 10
Expanse2020:

You should yourself bro
You soon de go off cliff to kill yourself on top the prophet matter🤣🤣🤣🤣

You mean your prophet that was poisoned to death whom died like a mosque rat disturbing your peace while observing solat?

1 Like

Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by MightySparrow: 8:25am On Feb 10
AntiChristian:

I guess the spirit don enter you to divert again!
Answer the question first as this is not a thread for Muhammad or Islam!

What is the question?
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 7:37am On Feb 11
MightySparrow:

What is the question?

Check the OP!
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 7:42am On Feb 11
SIRTee15:

Samson was a judge whose mandate was to defend the Israelites against the philistine by virtue of his superhuman strength.
B4 he was born a covenant was established by God that Samson will be used to deliver his people from the philistine.
A sign of the covenant was Samson would be a Nazarite for life. In old testament, God establish his covenant to the people via physical vow that the people must keep as a way of keeping faith with the covenant.
For Samson he was to be a Nazarite for life. On return God will reward him with superhuman strength via the power of the holy spirit at work in him.

What he choose it to do and whatever way he decides to defend the Israelites or defeat the philistine is left to him.

It's obvious Samson wasn't a wise person and didn't seek the face of God in all his actions. He allowed his desires to have his way instead of waiting upon the Lord at all time.
He married a philistine despite wise counsel from his parents.
He continued to have affairs with philistine women despite God's warning to Israelites not to associate with them because the women will lure the Israelites away from God's commandment.
Samson was very much aware of his power and his source thus he kept the Nazarite vow, but he cares less for other sacred commitments to God.

He fornicates, didn't seek wisdom or guidance. He makes irrational decision borne out of ego which sometimes put his kinmen in trouble. His uncontrolled anger led the philistine to murder his wife and father in law as punishment for Samson burning their field.

Samson led Israel for 20 yrs but couldn't get the yoke of the philistine off his people. The philistine firmly ruled Israel while Samson ran a one man show killing inconsequential number of philistines here and there.

Samson couldn't use his super human strength to galvanise and motivate the men of Israel and lead a successful rebellion against the philistine.
It was obvious his downfall was only a matter of time.

The lesson is clear. Having the spirit and power of God isn't enough.
U need grace, divine wisdom, holiness and righteousness to fulfil the mandate of God.

Of what use is the holy spirit empowering him when he wanted to kill lion and thirty people for betting and stealing their clothes!
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 7:47am On Feb 11
honesttalk21:

The Bible has numerous spirits of God

Numerous?
I thought spirit is one as the father and son!
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 7:57am On Feb 11
Ken4Christ:

These are fabricated lies. Please use your brain.

Jesus is coming back for the church. The Bible is the only book that contains the detailed ministry of Jesus.
Jesus didn't start any church nor present in the collation and canonisation of the Bible! Christianity was created after him! You should use your brain!

And it also contains the works of his Apostles.
No be only Apostles! Wetin Jesus write himself?

Jesus died for our sins. He is not coming back to die again. It is appointed to man to die once.

Please, don't be deceived in this age of enlightenment.

There is no one prophet who confirmed that Mohammed is from God.

But Jesus got his confirmation both from the prophets of old, John the Baptist and even God himself.

No one can die for anyone! You'll carry your burden while I carry mine! Even Jesus will carry his own burden! Same as other Prophets!

No one confirmed Muhammad salallahu alayhi wasalam in the Books your founding fathers cannonise for you!

In the original scriptures of many prophets the news of Muhammad was given!
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by honesttalk21: 9:08am On Feb 11
AntiChristian:

Numerous?

honesttalk21:

The sevenfold manifestation of the spirit of God mentioned in Isaiah provides a descriptive framework for understanding various aspects of divine attributes. It does not directly relate to the manifestation of the Holy Spirit within man.

The holy spirit has been present far before the coming of Jesus.The claim that the Holy Spirit's existence and influence began with the coming of Jesus is an oversimplification that overlooks the profound presence of the Spirit in human history. By examining the narratives and teachings of the Old Testament, it becomes evident that the Holy Spirit was actively at work even before the advent of Jesus

1. The Spirit of the wisdom

2. The Spirit of the Lord

3. The Spirit of understanding

4. The Spirit of counsel

5. The Spirit of power

6. The Spirit of knowledge

7. The Spirit of the fear of the Lord
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by TenQ: 9:17am On Feb 11
AntiChristian:
Jesus didn't start any church nor present in the collation and canonisation of the Bible! Christianity was created after him! You should use your brain!

No one can die for anyone! You'll carry your burden while I carry mine! Even Jesus will carry his own burden! Same as other Prophets!

No one confirmed Muhammad salallahu alayhi wasalam in the Books your founding fathers cannonise for you!

And Allay says:
The Christians wit energy paradise : a name that wasn't even given by Jesus!

SMH!
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 9:52am On Feb 11
TenQ:

And Allay says:
The Christians wit energy paradise : a name that wasn't even given by Jesus!

SMH!

Na holy spirit guide you to write this kind typo?
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by TenQ: 10:23am On Feb 11
AntiChristian:

Na holy spirit guide you to write this kind typo?

Qur'an 2:62
Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve

You seem to know better than he who said the above!
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 10:49am On Feb 11
TenQ:

Qur'an 2:62
Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve

You seem to know better than he who said the above!

What's the Arabic word translated as Christians?
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by TenQ: 11:11am On Feb 11
AntiChristian:

What's the Arabic word translated as Christians?
And you expect that we can trust the Qur'an with the proper names of people or groups?

Who is Isa?
What is the Injeel?

Okay!
According to Allah, who are those who say
1. Trinity?
2. Isa is Allah?
3. People of the Book (other than the Jews)?

Why do you people look for validation in the Book of the Christians if Allah never referred to us?
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by honesttalk21: 12:35pm On Feb 11
AntiChristian:

Numerous?

One point is that the 7 spirits are manifestations of the holy spirit but...

The Bible does mention instances where God allows or sends deceptive spirits, such as in the story of King Ahab in 1 Kings 22:19-23. In this passage, God permits a lying spirit to influence King Ahab’s prophets to lead him into battle and his eventual demise. This raises questions about the nature of the biblical God and His involvement in deception.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by MightySparrow: 2:17pm On Feb 11
AntiChristian:

Check the OP!

Antichrist!!!!!
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Ken4Christ: 8:34pm On Feb 11
AntiChristian:

You don't understand the principle of atonement. Under the Old testament, animals were sacrificed to atone for the sins of the Jews. But it wasn't a perfect sacrifice. It only last for one year.

That is why Jesus came as a perfect sacrifice for sins and he has paid for the sins of the whole world, including yours. He is the only one qualified to die as he had no nature of sin in him. But anyone who rejects it will perish in hell.

Mohammed was a sinner. And he didn't make provision for your salvation. Only Jesus did.

You will regret in burning hell for the rest of your life if you reject this offer of the free gift of salvation. The choice is yours.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 8:31am On Feb 12
Ken4Christ:

You don't understand the principle of atonement. Under the Old testament, animals were sacrificed to atone for the sins of the Jews. But it wasn't a perfect sacrifice. It only last for one year.

That is why Jesus came as a perfect sacrifice for sins and he has paid for the sins of the whole world, including yours. He is the only one qualified to die as he had no nature of sin in him. But anyone who rejects it will perish in hell.

Mohammed was a sinner. And he didn't make provision for your salvation. Only Jesus did.

You will regret in burning hell for the rest of your life if you reject this offer of the free gift of salvation. The choice is yours.

So the Biblical God wasn't satisfied with animals again then moved to human?
That's like yahoo yahoo to Yahoo plus!

That theory is from Babalawo/Boka/Dibia ritualists!

1 Like

Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 8:47am On Feb 12
MightySparrow:

Antichrist!!!!!

Anupama!
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 9:02am On Feb 12
honesttalk21:

One point is that the 7 spirits are manifestations of the holy spirit but...

The Bible does mention instances where God allows or sends deceptive spirits, such as in the story of King Ahab in 1 Kings 22:19-23. In this passage, God permits a lying spirit to influence King Ahab’s prophets to lead him into battle and his eventual demise. This raises questions about the nature of the biblical God and His involvement in deception.

Hmmm!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Not All Muslim Are Terrorist But All Terrorist Are Muslim. / What's The True Religion? / 9/11 Terrorist Attacks On USA, A Warning From God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.