Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,434 members, 7,815,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine (1718 Views)

UK Told To Withdraw Foreign Aid From Nigeria Due To Killing Of Christians / Arch Bishop Samson Mustapha Benjamin Protests Against 5G Network / Bishop Tom Samson And His Rolls Royce Phantom Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Kobojunkie: 7:28pm On Feb 13
AntiChristian:
Verses in Question■ The Spirit of the Lord helped Samson here indeed! But I think the Philistine's Delilah has more strength than a Lion! And where was the Spirit when Delilah came to cuddle Samson?
Wait? Where did the anger come from? Did the spirit of the Lord inspire the killing?
■ Samson still had many failings being tempted by a women and ended up committing suicide with his enemies according to the Biblical Narrations! I still can't explain why God helped Samson marry a Philistine wife that won't be loyal to him! And why kill people to satisfy someone's useless riddle? O God! So why do I need this Spirit to understand the Bible? The Spirit of the Lord can still enter someone today and that person will still kill others like Samson!
To understand the story of Samson, one must comprehend the significance of the Nazarite vow he was born into. Samson, like every other Israelite, was required by Law to be holy in his dealings, even though he was vowed to God. That the Spirit of the Lord was on him — bestowing superhuman powers on him it seems — did not indicate that his every action was then sanctioned by God.
1. The Lord said to Moses,
2 “Tell the Israelites this: If there are people, men or women, who want to make a vow dedicating themselves to the Lord as Nazirites for a time, this is what they must do:
3 They must stay away from wine or other strong drink. They must not drink vinegar that is made from wine or from other strong drink. They must not drink grape juice or eat grapes or raisins.
4 During that special time of dedication, they must not eat anything that comes from grapes. They must not even eat the seeds or the skins from grapes.
5 “The whole time of their Nazirite vow they must not cut their hair. They must be holy until this time of special dedication to the Lord is ended. They must let their hair grow long.
6 “If you have taken the Nazirite vow, you must not go near someone who is dying during that special time of dedication. You have given yourself fully to the Lord,
7 so you must not let yourself become unclean like this—even for your own father or mother, brother or sister when they die. This is because you have the hair that you dedicated to God on your head!
8 It is holy because you have given yourself fully to the Lord for the full time of that dedication - Numbers 6 vs 1 - 8

Equally important was what God said He would use Samson for.
1. Again the people started doing what the Lord said was wrong. So the Lord allowed the Philistines to rule over them for 40 years.
2 There was a man named Manoah from the city of Zorah. He was from the tribe of Dan. Manoah had a wife, but she was not able to have any children.
3 The angel of the Lord appeared to Manoah’s wife and said, “You have not been able to have children. But you will become pregnant and have a son.
4 Don’t drink any wine or any other strong drink. Don’t eat any food that is unclean,
5 because you are pregnant, and you will have a son. He will be dedicated to God in a special way. He will be a Nazirite. So you must never cut his hair. He will be God’s special person from before he is born. He will save the Israelites from the power of the Philistines.”
6 Then the woman went to her husband and told him what had happened. She said, “A man of God came to me. He looked like the angel of God. He frightened me. I didn’t ask him where he was from, and he didn’t tell me his name.
7 But he said to me, ‘You are pregnant and will have a son. Don’t drink any wine or other strong drink. Don’t eat any food that is unclean, because the boy will be dedicated to God in a special way. The boy will be God’s special person from before he is born until the day he dies.’”
8 Then Manoah prayed to the Lord. He said, “Lord, I beg you to send the man of God to us again. We want him to teach us what we should do for the boy who will soon be born.” - Judges 13 vs 1 - 8
I think these two passages provide much of the answers you seek to the reason why the Spirit of the Lord which bestowed superpowers on Samson remained with him even though he lived what may be considered a sinful life. undecided
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On Feb 13
AntiChristian:
■I wonder who creates theories for these Christians. Mere theories without any verse from their God but Paul! Spirit of God is Gentle but enter Samson and he killed Lion with hands and killed thirty people!
That's the spirit of your God! If Boko Haram were to claim the spirit of their God entered them to kill people would you equate them to your Samson? The truth is that you Christians are mostly prejudiced liars for Christ! The Spirit that can't enter Samson to prevent him from being deceived by Delilah! The Spirit that can't stop him from committing Suicide! The Spirit that can only encourage killings!
Not trying to hold brief for the Christians and their special interpretations but the taking of Nazarite vows is restricted to those of the Old Law of Moses. It has nothing to do with Jesus Christ, God's New Law in the Kingdom of God. Even the Holy Spirit of the Old Law of Moses is different and separate from the Holy Spirit of the New Covenant, Jesus Christ. So, the Spirit that descended from God on Samson, the Nazarite, should not in any way be confused with the same Spirit from God that Jesus Christ promised to His followers. None of the Prophets of Old could boast of having the same Spirit as Samson did— they didn't have superpowers like he did—, yet the Spirit of God was also with them all. God is the one who decides these things — what Spirit to give to whom and for what purpose. undecided

The Nazarites were especially vowed to Him separate from the mandate of the Law itself. undecided
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Mayntheemaynn: 7:41pm On Feb 13
Kobojunkie:
So, the Spirit that descended from God on Samson, the Nazarite, should not in any way be confused with the same Spirit from God that Jesus Christ promised to His followers. Even none of the Prophets of Old could boast of having the same Spirit. God is the one who decides these things — what Spirit to give to whom and for what purpose. undecided

which of the spirit was upon zechariah in luke1;67, and simeon in luke 2;25, the old or new testament spirit? grin
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Ken4Christ: 10:05pm On Feb 13
Who turned Mohammed into a killer, persecuting Christians and none Muslim during the time of Jihad?

AntiChristian
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Kobojunkie: 12:00am On Feb 14
AntiChristian:
■ You are right. But he was exactly like Boko Haram but with Yahweh as his Lord!
Samson was in no way like Boko Haram at all because the Constitution in the land of Israel at the time sanctioned the killing of enemies of Israel — many of those whom Samson is recorded to have killed. Of course, murder is condemned by the Law of Moses and so he was not absolved of any of the homicides he may have committed. Boko Haram is instead a group of Nigerians living in the country of Nigeria and hence subject to the Constitutional Law in Nigeria are simply murderers/serial killers living in Nigeria who pretend their killings are sanctioned by a foreign idea and deity. undecided
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Kobojunkie: 12:20am On Feb 14
AntiChristian:
Of what use is the holy spirit empowering him when he wanted to kill lion and thirty people for betting and stealing their clothes!
Again, I am not trying to hold brief for any of the religious narratives offered so far, but the responsibility lay with Samson as far as what he did with the strength that was given to him. That is what the story of Samson makes clear to anyone reading it without bias, at least. undecided

God promised to use Samson, and the Spirit of God which God placed on him was God keeping His part of the agreement. The Nazarite agreement is detailed in Numbers 6 for all who wish to understand the agreement. And the agreement states that so long as he had the "holy" mane, he was of use to God. undecided
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 7:16am On Feb 14
Ken4Christ:
Who turned Mohammed into a killer, persecuting Christians and none Muslim during the time of Jihad?

AntiChristian

You can create your thread for that question. That's unrelated to Samson turned to killing machine by the spirit of Elohim!
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Expanse2020(m): 2:42pm On Feb 14
Antiislaam:

You mean your prophet that was poisoned to death whom died like a mosque rat disturbing your peace while observing solat?
Your own God was lazy and castrated to the planks of wood and nail by sized 10 like a fellow thieves😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Antiislaam(m): 12:56am On Feb 16
Expanse2020:

Your own God was lazy and castrated to the planks of wood and nail by sized 10 like a fellow thieves😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Can you just imagine how your messenger was crying after the pedophile one was poisoned
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Antiislaam(m): 12:57am On Feb 16
Expanse2020:

You should yourself bro
You soon de go off cliff to kill yourself on top the prophet matter🤣🤣🤣🤣

You mean your prophet that ate a poisonous food crying like a dog that needs help before he finally join his ancestors in tomb ?
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by SIRTee15: 1:12am On Feb 16
AntiChristian:

Samson was not to touch strong wine or anything unclean!

So how does this explain how the holy spirit used him to kill a thousand, steal, etc?

As I said once U are trapped, U run away.
Not surprised.

I know once the real exegesis of the text start, U will definitely disappear.

Na u sabi.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by SIRTee15: 2:18am On Feb 16
AntiChristian:

Samson was not to touch strong wine or anything unclean!

So how does this explain how the holy spirit used him to kill a thousand, steal, etc?

As usual I know u will abandon the debate once U trapped.
U come here with your shallow knowledge of the scriptures but when your brain is formatted, U run away.

Anyway I will summarise.

Samson was supposed to live as a Nazarite. These are people dedicated to God and are under sacred vows. There are strict commandments Nazarites are expected to adhere to so long as they under the vow. If they unintentionally break any of the commandments, Nazarites are expected to undergo purification b4 they can continue their sacred commitment unto God.

In the case of Samson, God promised to make him a leader in Israel who will deliver his people from the hands of the philistine as a fulfilment of his Nazarite covenant. Samson would be able to achieve this by virtue of the spirit of God stirring him to become a mighty man.

God fulfilled his own part of the covenant because he's always faithful even when we are unfaithful. Samson indeed was a mighty man.

2 Timothy 2.13
if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself.

But did Samson fulfil his own end of the bargain? Samson ignored the commandments attached to being a Nazarite. For example, nazarites are not to come in contact with dead people and if it happens they are suppose to undergo purification.
Samson killed with reckless abandon, smashing skulls and bones, and leaving multiple dead people in his trail.
Samson was confident he would retain his power so long as the specific ordinance that established his vow with God remain intact- his hair must not be touched. As far as the rest of the Nazarites requirements are concerned - Samson considered them inconsequential.

Samson misused the manifestation of the spirit of Lord in him, the same way Jesus will deny those who have misused the grace of the spirit at work in them on judgement day.

Samson lived a careless life, for man of God to live such careless life...it was only a matter of time he ends up in the belly of the devil.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Mayntheemaynn: 8:27am On Feb 16
The holy spirit was misused grin
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 8:32am On Feb 16
SIRTee15:

As usual I know u will abandon the debate once U trapped.
U come here with your shallow knowledge of the scriptures but when your brain is formatted, U run away.

Anyway I will summarise.

Samson was supposed to live as a Nazarite. These are people dedicated to God and are under sacred vows. There are strict commandments Nazarites are expected to adhere to so long as they under the vow. If they unintentionally break any of the commandments, Nazarites are expected to undergo purification b4 they can continue their sacred commitment unto God.

In the case of Samson, God promised to make him a leader in Israel who will deliver his people from the hands of the philistine as a fulfilment of his Nazarite covenant. Samson would be able to achieve this by virtue of the spirit of God stirring him to become a mighty man.

God fulfilled his own part of the covenant because he's always faithful even when we are unfaithful. Samson indeed was a mighty man.

2 Timothy 2.13
if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself.

But did Samson fulfil his own end of the bargain? Samson ignored the commandments attached to being a Nazarite. For example, nazarites are not to come in contact with dead people and if it happens they are suppose to undergo purification.
Samson killed with reckless abandon, smashing skulls and bones, and leaving multiple dead people in his trail.
Samson was confident he would retain his power so long as the specific ordinance that established his vow with God remain intact- his hair must not be touched. As far as the rest of the Nazarites requirements are concerned - Samson considered them inconsequential.

Samson misused the manifestation of the spirit of Lord in him, the same way Jesus will deny those who have misused the grace of the spirit at work in them on judgement day.

Samson lived a careless life, for man of God to live such careless life...it was only a matter of time he ends up in the belly of the devil.

What you're saying is that Samson misused the spirit of the Lord. He misused the third part of your God! Am I getting you clearly?
So the Holy Spirit was just in Samson silently and Samson was being empowered by it giving him strength but not accountable for what the Strength/Power it gave?

1 Like

Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 8:34am On Feb 16
SIRTee15:

As I said once U are trapped, U run away.
Not surprised.

I know once the real exegesis of the text start, U will definitely disappear.

Na u sabi.

I am here.

I didn't run away.

I was banned! grin

I am getting banned very much these days! grin
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by SIRTee15: 12:28pm On Feb 16
AntiChristian:

What you're saying is that Samson misused the spirit of the Lord. He misused the third part of your God! Am I getting you clearly?
So the Holy Spirit was just in Samson silently and Samson was being empowered by it giving him strength but not accountable for what the Strength/Power it gave?

Holy spirit wasn't in Samson like it was with Jesus. Holy spirit cannot not be inside a mere man.
It was the manifestation of the holy spirit that was upon him n that was what he misused.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Expanse2020(m): 5:32pm On Feb 16
Antiislaam:

Can you just imagine how your messenger was crying after the pedophile one was poisoned
. It cannot be compared of the tear of illahi illahi liman tabaritanii🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Why the the forsaken me father
He cryed like a baby poo for body
He was soaked with the cry
Am sorry
My bad
🫣🫣🫣
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Antiislaam(m): 12:21pm On Feb 17
Expanse2020:
. It cannot be compared of the tear of illahi illahi liman tabaritanii🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Why the the forsaken me father
He cryed like a baby poo for body
He was soaked with the cry
Am sorry
My bad
🫣🫣🫣

The same Jesus Christ as your Quran said is alive till eternity I think you have read the chapter and verse before?

Meanwhile see Muhammad's aorta being cut off, what a shame

Narrated 'Aisha: The Prophet in his ailment in which he died, used to say, "O 'Aisha! I still feel the pain caused by the food I ate at Khaibar, and at this time, I feel as if my aorta is being cut from that poison."
Sahih Bukhari 5:59:713
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Expanse2020(m): 4:27pm On Feb 17
Antiislaam:

The same Jesus Christ as your Quran said is alive till eternity I think you have read the chapter and verse before?

Meanwhile see Muhammad's aorta being cut off, what a shame

Narrated 'Aisha: The Prophet in his ailment in which he died, used to say, "O 'Aisha! I still feel the pain caused by the food I ate at Khaibar, and at this time, I feel as if my aorta is being cut from that poison."
Sahih Bukhari 5:59:713
Quran said he is alive but he didn't said he died before but Your God was crush on the cross with 10 inches nail. Eeewww what is that
That disgusting
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 8:05am On Feb 18
SIRTee15:

Holy spirit wasn't in Samson like it was with Jesus. Holy spirit cannot not be inside a mere man.
It was the manifestation of the holy spirit that was upon him n that was what he misused.

So holy spirit is partial again?
The holy spirit in Jesus made him perfect!
The holy spirit in Samson didn't prevent him from anything bad!
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Antiislaam(m): 9:40am On Feb 18
Expanse2020:

Quran said he is alive but he didn't said he died before but Your God was crush on the cross with 10 inches nail. Eeewww what is that
That disgusting

Good that Quran said he is alive. Where is Muhammad the pedophile messenger that was poisoned to death? Can you answer?

A whole messenger of allah's aorta cut off, he died a miserable death in the history of mankind. His allah couldn't resurrect him, he was abandoned for three days by people around his corpse that thought he will also resurrected like Jesus Christ, What a shame cry
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by xproducer: 2:40pm On Feb 18
AntiChristian:
Verses in Question

The Spirit of the Lord helped Samson here indeed! But I think the Philistine's Delilah has more strength than a Lion! And where was the Spirit when Delilah came to cuddle Samson?

Wait? Where did the anger come from? Did the spirit of the Lord inspire the killing?
Samson still had many failings being tempted by a women and ended up committing suicide with his enemies according to the Biblical Narrations! I still can't explain why God helped Samson marry a Philistine wife that won't be loyal to him! And why kill people to satisfy someone's useless riddle? O God!

So why do I need this Spirit to understand the Bible?

The Spirit of the Lord can still enter someone today and that person will still kill others like Samson!

Sirtee15
honesttalk21
TenQ
Expanse2020

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Is your analysis not shortsighted and uninformed? Do you even know WHO The HOLY SPIRIT IS?

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you." - John 14:16-17
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Expanse2020(m): 2:56pm On Feb 18
xproducer:

Is your analysis not shortsighted and uninformed? Do you even know WHO The HOLY SPIRIT IS?

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that [b]he[/b]may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you." - John 14:16-17
So tell me holy spirit is a human being
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 11:52am On Feb 19
xproducer:

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you." - John 14:16-17

Who is He/She/It?

All I know is that Samson was empowered to kill by the Holy Spirit!
Yet millions of Christians can't kill a few thousand Boko Haram when they all have the Holy Spirit!
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Dsimmer: 5:15pm On Feb 19
AntiChristian:

Who is He/She/It?

Yet millions of Christians can't kill a few thousand Boko Haram when they all have the Holy Spirit!

Yes he was empowered. Same way Yoruba have their warriors such as Ogun, Osoosi, Sango, Oya , Akogun etc who were empowered with strength and talents to combat against terrorists, aside their creative and innovative talents.

That's what some people should know. That a person starts to practice some foreign religion doesn't mean people won't defend their ancestral home against useless terrorists. In fact, IFA always talk about defending Yoruba ancestral homes which are all mentioned in Ifa.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by xproducer: 4:37am On Feb 28
AntiChristian:

Who is He/She/It?

++++++++

Oh man... do you or I decide who should live or die? (2 Kings 5:7)

GOD Almighty is the Judge and Justifier of mankind! GOD delights in mercy (Micah 7:18), but I tell you that GOD is the GOD of justice! Should GOD not then bring judgment when judgment is just and due - through any angel, instrument and/or person/s whom HE chooses, including Samson?? When people commit punishable crimes should the laws not be used to prosecute the offenders?

"See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand." - Deuteronomy 32:39

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up" - Ecclesiastes 3:1-3

Are you then, oh man... a judge of right and wrong unto salvation or destruction?

The LORD reigns! (1 Chronicles 16:31, Psalm 93:1, Psalm 96:10, Psalm 97:1, Psalm 99:1)
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 8:19am On Feb 28
xproducer:

++++++++

Oh man... do you or I decide who should live or die? (2 Kings 5:7)

GOD Almighty is the Judge and Justifier of mankind! GOD delights in mercy (Micah 7:18), but I tell you that GOD is the GOD of justice! Should GOD not then bring judgment when judgment is just and due - through any angel, instrument and/or person/s whom HE chooses, including Samson?? When people commit punishable crimes should the laws not be used to prosecute the offenders?

"See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand." - Deuteronomy 32:39

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up" - Ecclesiastes 3:1-3

Are you then, oh man... a judge of right and wrong unto salvation or destruction?

The LORD reigns! (1 Chronicles 16:31, Psalm 93:1, Psalm 96:10, Psalm 97:1, Psalm 99:1)

I agree with you that God should be the one to determine life or death! But will you agree if it was my God and not your God?

In Numbers 31, Moses and others killed a whole tribe and left only the virgins for themselves. No Christian can go against this killing!
But if Boko Haram kill people for their acclaimed God you'll start shouting terrorism!
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by xproducer: 12:58am On Mar 03
AntiChristian:

I agree with you that God should be the one to determine life or death! But will you agree if it was my God and not your God?

In Numbers 31, Moses and others killed a whole tribe and left only the virgins for themselves. No Christian can go against this killing!
But if Boko Haram kill people for their acclaimed God you'll start shouting terrorism!

++++++++

I understand your argument... but we know that there can only be one truth... which means that everything else concerning one matter or the other... is a lie. If you know your eyes are definitely brown, yet someone comes along and repeats and insists that your eyes are black and is even ready to kill for it... does that make that person right? No... they are wrong, even if they may believe it.

There is only one GOD, so isn't everything else that is worshipped or served,a false or non-god?

The GOD of the Holy Bible is the only true GOD... proven time and time again... but at the end of the age, everyone who has ever existed... will fully know!

"Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me." - Isaiah 45:21

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." - Acts 4:12

YESHUA HAMASHIACH - JESUS CHRIST!
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Iamanoited: 2:47am On Mar 03
SAMSON IS SIMPLY ADAM AND EVE COMBINED EXPERIMENT THAT ALSO FAILED. THE GRAND ORDER DOMINION DIRECTS ALL EXPERIMENTS AND RESULTS.

Orisa37
BUT IT IS NOT YET END TIME. PUTIN IS RUSHING SUICIDE AND IRAN IS PANICKING.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 7:40am On Mar 03
xproducer:

++++++++

I understand your argument... but we know that there can only be one truth... which means that everything else concerning one matter or the other... is a lie. If you know your eyes are definitely brown, yet someone comes along and repeats and insists that your eyes are black and is even ready to kill for it... does that make that person right? No... they are wrong, even if they may believe it.

There is only one GOD, so isn't everything else that is worshipped or served,a false or non-god?

The GOD of the Holy Bible is the only true GOD... proven time and time again... but at the end of the age, everyone who has ever existed... will fully know!

"Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me." - Isaiah 45:21

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." - Acts 4:12

YESHUA HAMASHIACH - JESUS CHRIST!

This is not fair and just! You believe in your God and others believed in theirs! If at one point in time people killed for your God or your God ordered people to be killed which you didn't go against why go against it now when others do the same as regards their God?

Same way you believe your God is the same way others believed theirs!

For example, Moses and Joshua did kill many on God's command! Samson was empowered by the spirit and he killed thousands!

If Boko haram or ISWAP were to do same you'll be the first to cry here.

Is that not hypocrisy?

I am not a supporter of Boko or any other terrorists.

Another example is the killing of Deborah! In an islamic state, she would have to be tried and sentenced first!

But she was killed which is not fair!
But your God mandated killing of apostates in the old testament! If it's wrong now then your God was wrong before!
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by ISelectMySins: 9:22am On Mar 03
AntiChristian:
Verses in Question

The Spirit of the Lord helped Samson here indeed! But I think the Philistine's Delilah has more strength than a Lion! And where was the Spirit when Delilah came to cuddle Samson?

Samson still had many failings being tempted by a women and ended up committing suicide with his enemies according to the Biblical Narrations! I still can't explain why God helped Samson marry a Philistine wife that won't be loyal to him! And why kill people to satisfy someone's useless riddle? O God!

So why do I need this Spirit to understand the Bible?

The Spirit of the Lord can still enter someone today and that person will still kill others like Samson!

Sirtee15
honesttalk21
TenQ
Expanse2020

Your knowledge of the times and season and of biblical exegesis is very poor. Let me answer you.

Every nation needs a paramount ruler. The ruler directs the affairs of the nation, instructs the people, settles dispute, and is usually the commander in charge of the nation's armed forces.

If a nation goes for the offensive or accepts conditions of peace when war is waged against it would usually depend on this paramount ruler. In times past and even now, some call them King. When Israel became a nation, they didn't have one. God is their paramount king, so to speak.

But God is not physically on earth, so he sends his representatives. They were called Judges. One of his representatives was a Nazirite. A special Nazirite at that because he was so from birth. In fact, Samson was an involuntary Nazirite because he didn't choose to be one. God chose him and set him apart. The spirit of God was mightily upon him right from the time an angel announced his birth.

As God's representative, he was supposed to deliver the Israelite from the hands of the Philistines. Like any ruler at loggerheads with rival nation, every occasion he had with the Philistine was supposed to create an opportunity to defeat them - even his desire to court different Philistine women was God at work, creating a good opportunity for Samson to defeat them and liberate the Philistines.

I read your post again and concluded that you're asking so many irrelevant questions.

You said

> But I think the Philistine's Delilah has more strength than a Lion!

Bad syllogism. Samson killed a Lion and Delilah killed Samson then she has more strength than him. Where is your reasoning? Don't you know the difference between deceit and murder? She deceived him. She didn't kill him. He is human after all, with his own inclinations.

You also said

> And where was the Spirit when Delilah came to cuddle Samson?

God's spirit is still with him. God's spirit left him when his hair was cut. In fact, there are times when God's spirit in his servant conceal information from them. God's spirit is not there to instruct Samson on whom to date, what information to share with strangers, what food to eat, what to tell his parents and more. God's spirit is primarily for empowerment - to strengthen him like no other, since warfare are primarily a matter of STRENGTH.

You said

> Wait? Where did the anger come from? Did the spirit of the Lord inspire the killing?

Yes, God's spirit inspired the killings. All other submissions are inconsequential.

I asked a question and not a single Muslim has been able to answer me. Be a man.

https://www.nairaland.com/8017674/dont-think-qurans-claims-divine
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by xproducer: 4:29pm On Mar 03
AntiChristian:

This is not fair and just! You believe in your God and others believed in theirs! If at one point in time people killed for your God or your God ordered people to be killed which you didn't go against why go against it now when others do the same as regards their God?

Same way you believe your God is the same way others believed theirs!

For example, Moses and Joshua did kill many on God's command! Samson was empowered by the spirit and he killed thousands!

If Boko haram or ISWAP were to do same you'll be the first to cry here.

Is that not hypocrisy?

I am not a supporter of Boko or any other terrorists.

Another example is the killing of Deborah! In an islamic state, she would have to be tried and sentenced first!

But she was killed which is not fair!
But your God mandated killing of apostates in the old testament! If it's wrong now then your God was wrong before!

++++++++

Read the entire Bible, including John 11:25-26 and you may come to know that all who are in CHRIST YESHUA are very much alive!!

Is your position then not uninformed and myopic? What are you going to do about all this... including payment for your own sins?

Pray for wisdom from the ALMIGHTY... "The Lord is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works." - Psalm 145:17

"Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." - Isaiah 55:7-9

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Call For Prayer For These Nairalanders- Huxley, Nimshi, Krayola Etc: / Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit / My Deliverance Experience - Brandi Winemiller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.