Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,150 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine (1725 Views)

UK Told To Withdraw Foreign Aid From Nigeria Due To Killing Of Christians / Arch Bishop Samson Mustapha Benjamin Protests Against 5G Network / Bishop Tom Samson And His Rolls Royce Phantom Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 1:18pm On Feb 08
SIRTee15:

This is a waste of time. Look for something better to debate.

When you have nothing to say! lipsrsealed

Just keep mute!

Holy Spirit descended on Samson to kill Lion and 30 people to steal their linen garments and cloths!
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by honesttalk21: 1:36pm On Feb 08
Antiislaam:

See how demon turns Muhammad to suicide machine. I love reading this glorious hadith

"Prophet (peace be upon him) became so sad as we have heard(come to know) that he intended several times to throw himself from the tops of high mountains and every time he went up the top of a mountain in order to throw himself down..."

Sahih Bukhari 9:87:111

@Antichristian pardon my late response and also my keeping off these discussions

1 Like

Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by SIRTee15: 1:57pm On Feb 08
AntiChristian:

When you have nothing to say! lipsrsealed

Just keep mute!

Holy Spirit descended on Samson to kill Lion and 30 people to steal their linen garments and cloths!

What is the holy spirit. According to the old testament what is the holy spirit?

Let's start from there, then we move to Samson.
If U don't understand what's holy spirit, it's useless discussing the topic with U.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 1:58pm On Feb 08
Antiislaam:

See how demon turns Muhammad to suicide machine. I love reading this glorious hadith

"Prophet (peace be upon him) became so sad as we have heard(come to know) that he intended several times to throw himself from the tops of high mountains and every time he went up the top of a mountain in order to throw himself down..."

Is that comparable to the holy spirit of your God?
Holy Spirit is not human like Muhammad!
Muhammad is human and never called himself God!

Samson did betIsrael (not Bet9Ja) with his Philistine wife's people. He didn't have the materials to fulfill the bet. So he had to kill 30 people to get their linen garment and clothes. And God empowered him with the Holy Spirit to fulfill this betIsrael!
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 2:00pm On Feb 08
SIRTee15:

What is the holy spirit. According to the old testament what is the holy spirit?

Let's start from there, then we move to Samson.
If U don't understand what's holy spirit, it's useless discussing the topic with U.

I don't know there are two Holy Spirit aka Spirit of the Lord!

One in the OT!
Another in the NT!

Na me ask you question not vice versa!
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by FxMasterz: 2:09pm On Feb 08
AntiChristian:

The context here is slightly different in a major way. Samson made a bet with a riddle. If his wife's people gets the riddle he will give them 30 linen garments and 30 sets of clothes. Samson does not have all these materials so he had to kill 30 people to acquire them.

And the Biblical God send His Holy Spirit to help Samson in this regard!

Why didn't the holy Spirit empower him when Delilah was about to tempt him to death?

Holy Spirit did not enter in to me to kill anyone yet! And I seek refuge in Allah from all accursed destructive spirits!

Your analogy no gel at all!

God does not always have to send His Holy Spirit on Samson before he could act. He had the gift of might. An anointing that he could use and misuse.

God punished him eventually for his errors.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 3:31pm On Feb 08
FxMasterz:

God does not always have to send His Holy Spirit on Samson before he could act. He had the gift of might. An anointing that he could use and misuse.

God punished him eventually for his errors.

1.Why can't the Spirit correct him not to fail? 2.How many Spirit does your God have? 3.Does your God's Spirit change?

See Below:
However, when the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. For He will not speak on His own, but He will speak what He hears, and He will declare to you what is to come. John 16:13

The Spirit entered Samson and couldn't guide him to the truth!

Do answer the 3 questions posed!
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by FxMasterz: 3:33pm On Feb 08
AntiChristian:

1.Why can't the Spirit correct him not to fail? 2.How many Spirit does your God have? 3.Does your God's Spirit change?

See Below:
However, when the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. For He will not speak on His own, but He will speak what He hears, and He will declare to you what is to come. John 16:13

In the Old Testament, the Holy Spirit only speaks to prophets.
In the new Testament, He speaks to everyone.

Samson was a Nazarite. He wasn't a prophet. He already knew the rules of a Nazarite but he blatantly broke it.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by SIRTee15: 3:38pm On Feb 08
AntiChristian:

I don't know there are two Holy Spirit aka Spirit of the Lord!

One in the OT!
Another in the NT!

Na me ask you question not vice versa!

What is the holy spirit. You depiction of holy spirit as killing machine showers u dont know what I talking about.

I asked for old testament because I don't want u to start shouting trinity up and down.
Tell me what's the old testament.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 3:38pm On Feb 08
FxMasterz:

In the Old Testament, the Holy Spirit only speaks to prophets.
In the new Testament, He speaks to everyone.

Samson was a Nazarite. He wasn't a prophet. He already knew the rules of a Nazarite but he blatantly broke it.

Correcting someone may not involve speech! The same holy Spirit that could grant him power to kill Lion and 30 men can't do a simple task of correction and guidance.

Here are the latest questions:

Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 3:39pm On Feb 08
SIRTee15:

What is the holy spirit. You depiction of holy spirit as killing machine showers u dont know what I talking about.

I asked for old testament because I don't want u to start shouting trinity up and down.
Tell me what's the old testament.

You are not making any sense!
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by FxMasterz: 3:42pm On Feb 08
AntiChristian:

Correcting someone may not involve speech! The same holy Spirit that could grant him power to kill Lion and 30 men can't do a simple task of correction and guidance.

Here are the latest questions:

So, if someone is correced, he must also be forced to obey? Didn't you read that even Samson's parents corrected him to no avail?

After correction, a man still has his choice. Just as you have your choice today after many corrections. But, you won't have your choice on the day of judgement. Samson can relate.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 3:51pm On Feb 08
FxMasterz:

So, if someone is correced, he must also be forced to obey? Didn't you read that even Samson's parents corrected him to no avail?

You are avoiding the questions! Kindly answer them!

After correction, a man still has his choice. Just as you have your choice today after many corrections. But, you won't have your choice on the day of judgement. Samson can relate.
The Spirit empowered him to kill according to the scriptures. He never guided him at any time.

Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by SIRTee15: 3:58pm On Feb 08
AntiChristian:

You are not making any sense!

Continue in your stupidity. When U done with Samson, look for Gideon or Joshua. They were also killing machine in the old testament.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Ken4Christ: 5:13pm On Feb 08
AntiChristian:
Verses in Question

The Spirit of the Lord helped Samson here indeed! But I think the Philistine's Delilah has more strength than a Lion! And where was the Spirit when Delilah came to cuddle Samson?

Wait? Where did the anger come from? Did the spirit of the Lord inspire the killing?
Samson still had many failings being tempted by a women and ended up committing suicide with his enemies according to the Biblical Narrations! I still can't explain why God helped Samson marry a Philistine wife that won't be loyal to him! And why kill people to satisfy someone's useless riddle? O God!

So why do I need this Spirit to understand the Bible?

The Spirit of the Lord can still enter someone today and that person will still kill others like Samson!

Sirtee15
honesttalk21
TenQ
Expanse2020

Under the Old Testament, the saints of God fought to defend themselves against their enemies. Samson was raised to defend Israel and judge Israel. So, what is wrong about that.

If someone comes to your house and ask you to pack out, will you do it? Won't you fight for what is rightfully yours?

You are committing your life to attack Christianity. But you can't defend the many lies of your religion.

You are also following a leader who was not sure of his destination or future - Sura 46:9.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Lucifyre: 5:49pm On Feb 08
FRANCISTOWN:
Yahweh himself was a killing machine. What were you expecting from it's spirit?

An absolute killing machine who actually commands "Thou shall not kill", "its a sin, but please kill these select people and make sure you kill the men, women and children and make sure no one survives, cause they've run afoul of me". " Thou shall not covert your neighbors property" "but pleaze take that nice land of those your neighbors over there fllowing with milk and honey cause i promise it to you" and em while at it, pls kill them all. How is that different from muslim terrorists hiding behind religion.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Lucifyre: 5:58pm On Feb 08
TenQ:

You ignorantly do not know that God does force ANYONE against his will.

Samson was given warnings and he violated them. He suffered for the cause of his disobedience even though he finally repented

Except you're pharoah where he'll harden you heart to make a specatcle then kill all innocent first born children that knew nothing. Come to think of it, asides for killling generally, god does a lot of killing of innocent children.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by TenQ: 6:35pm On Feb 08
Lucifyre:

Except you're pharoah where he'll harden you heart to make a specatcle then kill all innocent first born children that knew nothing. Come to think of it, asides for killling generally, god does a lot of killing of innocent children.
From your post, it seems Pharaoh never wanted to continue enslaving the children of Israel BUT God forced him against his will!

Is this your point?
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Lucifyre: 7:27pm On Feb 08
TenQ:

From your post, it seems Pharaoh never wanted to continue enslaving the children of Israel BUT God forced him against his will!

Is this your point?

Exodus 9:12. If you read the whole chapter and 8 befor it you'd see clearly his position was quite clearly malleable.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by TenQ: 8:25pm On Feb 08
Lucifyre:

Exodus 9:12. If you read the whole chapter and 8 befor it you'd see clearly his position was quite clearly malleable.
I know what Exodus said:
I am asking for your own personal understanding of the event

Is this your point?
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Lucifyre: 8:31pm On Feb 08
TenQ:

I know what Exodus said:
I am asking for your own personal understanding of the event

Is this your point?

Read what i wrote and you'd get my point. Pharoahs disposition was malleable, God hardened his heart ergo forced him against his will. Comprende?!
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by TenQ: 9:04pm On Feb 08
Lucifyre:

Read what i wrote and you'd get my point. Pharoahs disposition was malleable, God hardened his heart ergo forced him against his will. Comprende?!
You are just repeating yourself!

Please respond to my question or keep your repetitions to yourself!

Is this your point?
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by MightySparrow: 10:40pm On Feb 08
AntiChristian:
Verses in Question

The Spirit of the Lord helped Samson here indeed! But I think the Philistine's Delilah has more strength than a Lion! And where was the Spirit when Delilah came to cuddle Samson?

Wait? Where did the anger come from? Did the spirit of the Lord inspire the killing?
Samson still had many failings being tempted by a women and ended up committing suicide with his enemies according to the Biblical Narrations! I still can't explain why God helped Samson marry a Philistine wife that won't be loyal to him! And why kill people to satisfy someone's useless riddle? O God!

So why do I need this Spirit to understand the Bible?

The Spirit of the Lord can still enter someone today and that person will still kill others like Samson!

Sirtee15
honesttalk21
TenQ
Expanse2020

Antichrist: you are at it again.
What spirit made Mohammed a jihadist killing, raiding and raping innocent people?
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 8:29am On Feb 09
MightySparrow:

Antichrist: you are at it again.
What spirit made Mohammed a jihadist killing, raiding and raping innocent people?

I guess the spirit don enter you to divert again!
Answer the question first as this is not a thread for Muhammad or Islam!
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 9:03am On Feb 09
Ken4Christ:

Under the Old Testament, the saints of God fought to defend themselves against their enemies. Samson was raised to defend Israel and judge Israel. So, what is wrong about that.
Nothing is wrong my bro. But if Boko Haram says they were raised to do what they were doing and is being controlled by a spirit would you believe them and equate them to Samson or will you rather die with bias?

If someone comes to your house and ask you to pack out, will you do it? Won't you fight for what is rightfully yours?
Where did this happen? Samson made a bet with thirty clothes. He couldn't fulfill the bet as he had no money/cloth. He had to kill people to steal their clothes. And the Holy spirit came in handy!

You are committing your life to attack Christianity. But you can't defend the many lies of your religion.
Was Samson a Christian? Where was Christianity mentioned in the Bible? And where did I attack Christianity? I just exposed the lies in your Bible!

You are also following a leader who was not sure of his destination or future - Sura 46:9.
Did the verse mention any destination like Paradise or heaven? Muhammad (salallahu alayhi wasalam) did not know what will happen to anyone particularly in this world till he receives the revelation.

Just as Jesus was asked of the hour!
“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Matthew 24:36
“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Mark 13:32
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 9:09am On Feb 09
SIRTee15:

Continue in your stupidity. When U done with Samson, look for Gideon or Joshua. They were also killing machine in the old testament.

Thanks!
I will research and work on them too!
Blessed are you, Sirtee15 son of your dad, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by your Father in heaven. Matthew 16:17 grin
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Ken4Christ: 12:08pm On Feb 09
AntiChristian:
Nothing is wrong my bro. But if Boko Haram says they were raised to do what they were doing and is being controlled by a spirit would you believe them and equate them to Samson or will you rather die with bias?

Where did this happen? Samson made a bet with thirty clothes. He couldn't fulfill the bet as he had no money/cloth. He had to kill people to steal their clothes. And the Holy spirit came in handy!

Was Samson a Christian? Where was Christianity mentioned in the Bible? And where did I attack Christianity? I just exposed the lies in your Bible!

Did the verse mention any destination like Paradise or heaven? Muhammad (salallahu alayhi wasalam) did not know what will happen to anyone particularly in this world till he receives the revelation.

Just as Jesus was asked of the hour!
“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Matthew 24:36
“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Mark 13:32

You are attacking the Bible when you cannot defend the many lies in your religion.

Jesus not knowing the day or the hour of his coming is not the same as one not knowing his destiny.

Your leader says he is not sure of what will become of him and those who follow him. There is no assurance of salvation in your religion. You are on your own.

But, Jesus gave us assurance. He also backed it up by his resurrection from the dead. Hallelujah, Jesus is alive. The tomb of Mohammed is still there. And he is not sure of what will be done with him. It's not wisdom to follow a man who can't guarantee your salvation.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by AntiChristian: 12:15pm On Feb 09
Ken4Christ:

You are attacking the Bible when you cannot defend the many lies in your religion.

Jesus not knowing the day or the hour of his coming is not the same as one not knowing his destiny.

Does Jesus know his destiny? Is coming at the hour not part of his destiny that he did not know?

Your leader says he is not sure of what will become of him and those who follow him. There is no assurance of salvation in your religion. You are on your own.
This is a lie. The context of the verse was addressed to the disbelievers, the polytheists... It doesn't even mean what you are saying. I wonder why people with the holy spirit will be telling brazen lies like this!

But, Jesus gave us assurance. He also backed it up by his resurrection from the dead. Hallelujah, Jesus is alive. The tomb of Mohammed is still there. And he is not sure of what will be done with him. It's not wisdom to follow a man who can't guarantee your salvation.
Jesus didn't give you any assurance! That's what was written down for you to believe in. Israel know your kind of Jesus does not exist! Every Prophet get tomb! And Muhammad was a man not God!
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Ken4Christ: 12:25pm On Feb 09
AntiChristian:

Does Jesus know his destiny? Is coming at the hour not part of his destiny that he did not know?

This is a lie. The context of the verse was addressed to the disbelievers, the polytheists... It doesn't even mean what you are saying. I wonder why people with the holy spirit will be telling brazen lies like this!

Jesus didn't give you any assurance! That's what was written down for you to believe in. Israel know your kind of Jesus does not exist! Every Prophet get tomb! And Muhammad was a man not God!

Sura 46:9. Tell them: “I am not the first of the Messengers; and I do not know what shall be done with me or with you. I follow only what is revealed to me, and I am nothing but a plain warner.

Just pretend not to understand what Mohammed said above.

Compare it with the statement Jesus made;

John 14:1-6.
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Re: Holy Spirit turns Samson to Killing Machine by Expanse2020(m): 1:04pm On Feb 09
Antiislaam:

You should yourself bro
You soon de go off cliff to kill yourself on top the prophet matter🤣🤣🤣🤣

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ted Haggard Returns To Start Up His Own Church / Ageing, Regenerative Medicine And The Purpose Of Life / Satan Is Now Operating From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.