Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme (10730 Views)

Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by ThrustReverser(m): 2:04pm On Feb 28
Drahl:

There's no limit. However, I would advice that you apply to schools now. You can get unconditional offers in less than 1week(except Ph.D). Ensure you correlate the course you have chosen to its relevance in the oil and gas industry.( That's usually the first question the profs in the panel will ask).
So a candidate has to secure admission in an overseas university, on their own? I thought one will automatically be admitted into their choice school (the school you choose during your application on the PTDF portal) once they are awarded the PTDF scholarship.
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by Chudycharles: 6:04pm On Feb 28
Was there a virtual interview last year please
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 10:56pm On Feb 28
Yes there was. Only after people contacted PTDF to arrange it for them
Chudycharles:
Was there a virtual interview last year please
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by Nkflerzy: 12:08pm On Feb 29
Hello, please I submitted yesterday and I didn’t include the WAEC Pin, hope there no problem with that? And also I used Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (NSBMB) certificate as my professional membership. I didn’t include any publications.
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 8:50pm On Feb 29
That's fine. Only if you don't have original waec that's when you need WAEC pin. But I don't even think they've used WAEC been in the last 5 years
Nkflerzy:
Hello, please I submitted yesterday and I didn’t include the WAEC Pin, hope there no problem with that? And also I used Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (NSBMB) certificate as my professional membership. I didn’t include any publications.
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by EC108: 10:06pm On Mar 03
Please has this been resolved. I am also facing the same issue and their contact lines are not working
Wilddoubra:

Same with me, I cannot verify my NIN, when I put in my bank details and PIN to pay the #500 naira for NIN verification, no option to "submit" or "pay" is on the screen. Hence I cannot pay.

Have you been able to verify yours?
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by EC108: 10:07pm On Mar 03
Please how were you able to pass the NIN verification step. I have been stuck there for weeks anfd hav lost #2000 because of the NIN fees

Nkflerzy:
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by EC108: 10:09pm On Mar 03
Please how were you able to pass the Verify NIN stage, I havent been able to get past that stage, all their contact lines are not working
ExpertNLer:
Yes there was. Only after people contacted PTDF to arrange it for them
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by Reliable05: 12:18am On Mar 04
EC108:
Please how were you able to pass the Verify NIN stage, I havent been able to get past that stage, all their contact lines are not working

This could be helpful

Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by andoSwift(m): 1:49am On Mar 04
I have been experiencing thesame issue, many people have complained as well, however PTDF have not responded with anything, all the provided phone numbers are not going through, they have not reply to the emails sent for almost three weeks now.

Guys we need to escalate this thing woo, else the dateline will just pass without any action from these people.
EC108:
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by rrkk(m): 2:33am On Mar 04
I verified my NIN yesterday night. What's the issue? Pay the ₦500 then you should be able to continue your application.

andoSwift:
I have been experiencing thesame issue, many people have complained as well, however PTDF have not responded with anything, all the provided phone numbers are not going through, they have not reply to the emails sent for almost three weeks now.

Guys we need to escalate this thing woo, else the dateline will just pass without any action from these people.
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by andoSwift(m): 10:39am On Mar 04
I have made the payment as well, infact 4 times to be precise. After successful payment, it fails to redirect back to the ptdf portal. See the error message I receive.

rrkk:
I verified my NIN yesterday night. What's the issue? Pay the ₦500 then you should be able to continue your application.

Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by rrkk(m): 11:04am On Mar 04
andoSwift:
I have made the payment as well, infact 4 times to be precise. After successful payment, it fails to redirect back to the ptdf portal. See the error message I receive.

Have you tried it on a computer?
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by andoSwift(m): 11:23am On Mar 04
Yes,I tried on several different computers and browsers, it still showing same thing.
rrkk:

Have you tried it on a computer?
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by rrkk(m): 12:28pm On Mar 04
andoSwift:
Yes,I tried on several different computers and browsers, it still showing same thing.
Saw this on an earlier thread:

Been stuck at the NIN verification for a while now. Still not successful

Try and do it around midnight, I don’t know if that’s the problem though. I had the same issue for two days until I did it at midnight around 1:30am. I used safari browser on my new phone and it went.
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by rrkk(m): 12:37pm On Mar 04
I have a Mechanical Engineering BSC, can I apply for a Computer Science Msc?
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by frankmoney(m): 1:16pm On Mar 04
I have an MSc in Architecture can I still apply for phd in the ptdf program

Also I saw on the application that you have to be part of a professional body which I am not .
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by Drahl(m): 2:01pm On Mar 04
rrkk:
I have a Mechanical Engineering BSC, can I apply for a Computer Science Msc?
My brother, you can apply for anything you want to apply even industrial Arabic, ensure to point out the relevance in the oil and gas sector.
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by rrkk(m): 2:48pm On Mar 04
Drahl:

My brother, you can apply for anything you want to apply even industrial Arabic, ensure to point out the relevance in the oil and gas sector.
Thank you.
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by andoSwift(m): 3:20pm On Mar 04
Thank you very much for this advice. It was effective.
For individuals encountering a similar issue, please consider the following steps:

1. Attempt accessing the portal using a different browser; I personally used Safari on a mobile device.
2. Upon logging into the portal, take note of how your names are arranged at the top right corner. For example, if your name is John Aboki, it might appear as Aboki John (based on my observation from the portal, where the last name comes first).
3. Proceed and click on the verify NIN button, and fill the form using this format (John = Lastname, Aboki = Firstname.)

PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE STEPS ARE SPECIFICALLY FOR THOSE EXPERIENCING THE "Syntax error for https://checkout-api.getverifio.com/api/v1/verification/verify/ref-6667......" issue.
I hope this will help somebody.
PTDF, needs to prioritize addressing people's concerns. It's disheartening to provide a helpline that proves ineffective, leaving individuals in the dark to figure out things for themselves.

rrkk:

Saw this on an earlier thread:

Been stuck at the NIN verification for a while now. Still not successful

Try and do it around midnight, I don’t know if that’s the problem though. I had the same issue for two days until I did it at midnight around 1:30am. I used safari browser on my new phone and it went.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by rrkk(m): 6:26pm On Mar 04
Drahl:

Please what about this part of the guidelines:

Kindly also note the following:
5. The proposed course of study must also be related to previous studies.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by EC108: 11:58pm On Mar 04
Thank you for this. still didn't work for me though
andoSwift:
Thank you very much for this advice. It was effective.
For individuals encountering a similar issue, please consider the following steps:

1. Attempt accessing the portal using a different browser; I personally used Safari on a mobile device.
2. Upon logging into the portal, take note of how your names are arranged at the top right corner. For example, if your name is John Aboki, it might appear as Aboki John (based on my observation from the portal, where the last name comes first).
3. Proceed and click on the verify NIN button, and fill the form using this format (John = Lastname, Aboki = Firstname.)

PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE STEPS ARE SPECIFICALLY FOR THOSE EXPERIENCING THE "Syntax error for https://checkout-api.getverifio.com/api/v1/verification/verify/ref-6667......" issue.
I hope this will help somebody.
PTDF, needs to prioritize addressing people's concerns. It's disheartening to provide a helpline that proves ineffective, leaving individuals in the dark to figure out things for themselves.

Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by Monaboo(m): 5:17pm On Mar 05
Drahl:

Are u sure about this?

Cos I heard when u start application, the portal would suggest courses for u to apply into.
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by andoSwift(m): 5:25pm On Mar 05
Do you have three names?
EC108:
Thank you for this. still didn't work for me though
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by Drahl(m): 6:12pm On Mar 05
Monaboo:

Are u sure about this?

Cos I heard when u start application, the portal would suggest courses for u to apply into.

I didn't mean that he should apply for Industrial Arabic. That's just me being humorous. I presume he got the joke.
Back to the issue, you can select a course related to your intended field of study. Since he enquired about computer science, I am sure there must be Information Technology or something on the list.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by Monaboo(m): 6:46pm On Mar 05
Drahl:

I didn't mean that he should apply for Industrial Arabic. That's just me being humorous. I presume he got the joke.
Back to the issue, you can select a course related to your intended field of study. Since he enquired about computer science, I am sure there must be Information Technology or something on the list.

I understand your response to him.

I just thought it was impossible to study any course of ur choice.

I felt they had selected list courses applicants should study and those were the ones they would present to applicants for selection during application.

I understand you now.
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by EC108: 6:52pm On Mar 05
Yes I have three names. Please do you have a solution for me
andoSwift:
Do you have three names?
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by Poshpee: 8:03pm On Mar 05
For those people complaining about the failed verification of NIN, use Firefox browser. That was the browser my husband used, his NIN has been verified.
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by Monaboo(m): 6:25pm On Mar 06
I can't verify my NIN.

I have followed all the necessary steps.

N1000 has been deducted from my account yet nothing. This is because I did it tried it twice.

Worse is all their lines and email for complai ts are not going through.
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by Drahl(m): 8:55pm On Mar 06
Monaboo:
I can't verify my NIN.

N1000 has been deducted from my account yet nothing. This is because I did it tried it twice.

Their lines will never go. Try these steps:
1. Use a different browser from the one you used(chrome or edge) OR
2. Try using any browser In incognito mode or private browser.
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by FoggedBrain: 6:49pm On Mar 07
Monaboo:
I can't verify my NIN.

Just copy the ref. click the failed verification button paste and voila. At least it worked for me.
Re: Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme by EC108: 8:58pm On Mar 07
Please did you need to fill in your bame beforr clicking that red button for NIN verification
FoggedBrain:

Just copy the ref. click the failed verification button paste and voila. At least it worked for me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Deadline Is 27 & 28th April / Marwa Seeks Drug Tests For University Students, NDLEA Campus Outposts / Would you send your child to a boarding school?

Viewing this topic: Vickygirk(f), emeritus007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.