Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,075 members, 7,811,014 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON (27380 Views)

University Of Ibadan Non-Academic Staff Celebrate Exit Of Bursar / University Of Ibadan: Our Auditor Went Blind While Working On Accounts - Bursar / Download Sweet Sixteen by Bolaji Abdullahi JAMB 2020 [Compulsory English Novel] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 4:57pm On Feb 08
The Deputy Bursar of Kwara State University Malete, Alhaji Ayuba Abdullahi, on Wednesday night, died while watching the semi-finals between Nigeria and South Africa in the ongoing AFCON.

Nigeria won the match against South Africa by 4-3 goals on penalties after regulation and extra time ended 1-1.

Sources close to the deceased but who spoke on condition of anonymity said Abdullahi went to a sports centre in the Sango area before he started feeling uneasy.

One of the sources said, “The Deputy Bursar watched the Nigeria/South Africa match from the beginning till the end of the extra time, till it was time for a penalty kick.

He complained that he was feeling dizzy, so he said he needed to go back home and rest not knowing that his BP had gone up.

On getting home, he collapsed and was rushed to a private hospital in Sango and he was referred to the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital and before he could be attended to, he died.

“He was buried on Thursday morning according to Islamic rites.”

The university’s Director of Information, Dr Saedat Aliyu, confirmed Abdullahi’s death.

Aliyu, however, stated that the cause of death was yet to be ascertained by the management of the university.

“Yes, he died last night. He was hale and hearty and was full of life on Wednesday at his office. May Almighty Allah grant him Aljanah Firdaus” she said

A statement by the university said, “This is to announce the death of Mr. Ayuba Olaitan Abdullahi of the Bursary Department.

“Janazah will be held this morning, and his remains will be interred at the Hausa Muslim cemetery, Apata Yakuba, Oyun area, Ilorin, at 9 am.”

Also, a former federal lawmaker in Delta State, Dr. Cairo Ojougboh, died while watching the Eagles’ match..

A source close to the politician said, “Cairo Ojougboh, a medical doctor died during the Nigeria vs.South Africa match.

“The incident happened when the penalty was awarded against Nigeria. Dr Ojougboh was said to have shouted and slumped due to a massive heart attack when SA scored.”

In the same vein, a member of the National Youth Service Corps serving in Adamawa State also reportedly died during the game.

The corps member identified only as Samuel from Kaduna State, allegedly passed away just before the final kick which secured Nigeria’s win in the match, The Nation reports.

Source: https://punchng.com/kwara-varsity-deputy-bursar-dies-watching-super-eagles-afcon-semi-finals/

See Previous Thread - https://www.nairaland.com/7994475/adamawa-corper-slumps-dies-while

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 4:58pm On Feb 08
This Is The Third Person who lost their Life.

When Watching Nigeria AFCON Yesterday

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by ImoleNaija: 5:14pm On Feb 08
The anxiety was so much that I had to calm myself & fill up my stomach before the penalty kicks, in order to avoid the story that touches the heart.

May his soul find eternal rest.

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Onuimo1(m): 5:14pm On Feb 08
So how many people has died because of this match. People should resist from attaching too much emotions while watching football games of their favourite teams.
When SA equalized yesterday I have to leave the bar where I was watching the game because I wouldn't want to feel sad 😭 if eventually they had lost.
I didn't even want to know the outcome not until I started hearing people shouting on the street.

115 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Jennyclay(f): 5:20pm On Feb 08
Rip to him!

Dear men, don’t let hypertension kill you people because of ball, valentine is coming. Biko!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by obinna58(m): 5:23pm On Feb 08
No 3 death, Due to strong hardship they couldn’t contain the little happiness Nigerians sport gave them

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by opera1(m): 5:23pm On Feb 08
Haha! Can we then restrain pple from watching football?

3 Likes

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Ugaboy: 5:24pm On Feb 08
I remember a young guy who stood close to me while watching the World Cup of France and Argentina....when it got to a penalty shootout...

The guy left the viewing center...he said his BP would rise while watching it.

We all love this country it during football matches you will know.

RIP to him

31 Likes

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Emman08: 5:24pm On Feb 08
What? Another one?
One of the few things (football) Nigerians had to enjoy has thrown families into mourning

7 Likes

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Angelfrost(m): 5:24pm On Feb 08
Na wa o...! undecided

On top Semifinals o.

How Final wan come be?!! That means dead body fit surplus.

I sense it was the cancellation of that second goal and gifting South Africa an equalizer that spiked people's blood pressure.

Make we dey calm down watch these games abeg...!

Football is not do or die... If your heart can't carry it, just avoid the game, and be checking livescores.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by BobbieZion(m): 5:24pm On Feb 08
Onuimo1:
So how many people has died because of this match. People should resist from attaching too much emotions while watching football games of their favourite teams.
When SA equalized yesterday I have to leave the bar where I was watching the game because I wouldn't want to feel sad 😭 if eventually they had lost.
I didn't even want to know the outcome not until I started hearing people shouting on the street.

Football is not just a game...
It's a tradition.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Bacteria8: 5:24pm On Feb 08
This is the 4th death ontop just this one match
angry

I think FG should make hypertension test a compulsory for all citizens...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Btruth: 5:24pm On Feb 08
Rest in peace. ..... shebi he for kuku leave match on watched 🤷

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by robinso01(m): 5:24pm On Feb 08
I mo understand again ,this is the third person I read about being dead watching the match. What's with the match and death?
Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by jnrbayano(m): 5:24pm On Feb 08
Make exercising part of your daily activities

1 Like

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Dpharisee: 5:24pm On Feb 08
Jennyclay:
Rip to him!

Biko, You men shouldn’t kill yourselves because of ball, valentine is coming.

Valentine's day is already filled up with engagements apart from being a Holy day with commencement of Ash Wednesday, other activities include:

14 Feb is Barcelona vs Real Madrid
14 Feb is PSG vs Bayern
14 Feb is Man City vs Arsenal
So ladies no time for love because men will be busy dat day.
Don't expect him or his gift,
I say make I update you

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by AskNgige2: 5:24pm On Feb 08
So Nigeria football victory is now more effective than our lost economy?
Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Anashe: 5:25pm On Feb 08
RIP to him. Probably cardiac issues

2 Likes

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Jamiubond009(m): 5:25pm On Feb 08
Super Eagles matches are not for people with heart conditions

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Anguldi(m): 5:25pm On Feb 08
Tension on empty stomach shocked

The Zookeeper has starved the animals and left to die in the Zoo undecided

Height of gazelle gragra angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by tobenuel(m): 5:26pm On Feb 08
So 3 persons have died from watching that match. What a coincidence. RIPs

7 Likes

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by simmydebadest(m): 5:26pm On Feb 08
Too bad
I left the viewing center when the match ended in 90minutes draw. I cannot come and kill myself
If not for yesterday, I didn't know I was still a patriotic citizen because of the shege one is passing through with clear eye

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by RapportNaija(m): 5:26pm On Feb 08
What's happening?

Nigeria needs to overhaul her health industry.

Many Nigerians, up to the age of 60 plus have never had regular medical checks.

Even average and rich people. Nobody cares because the facilities aren't even available or easily accessible, and are also costly.

Ordinary malaria test is expensive for many. How do they do regular and timely medical checks then?

People are walking with terminal illnesses unknown to them... This is why I avoid violence.

Imagine pushing someone that's close to cardiac arrest and they fall and perish on the same spot... you'll nearly be lynched by the mob before the police arrives.

Chai!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by SoNature(m): 5:26pm On Feb 08
What kind of weak men do we have in this generation? If you hear them talk tough, you think they are strong men.

How can people get too emotionally attached to football matches that they killed them?

RIP to the dead!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Jflex07(m): 5:26pm On Feb 08
K
Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by worldclass68(m): 5:26pm On Feb 08
I wanted to avoid that penalty shoot out but I intentionally forced/trained myself to accept possible heartbreak and watched every bit....

RIP to the deads...

People with high BP shouldn't be watching that kind of games especially penalty shootouts.

7 Likes

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by ValarDoharis: 5:27pm On Feb 08
I just avoided watching the match...just checking scores because I know how tensed I can be.

4 Likes

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Dougad: 5:27pm On Feb 08
Third story of this nonsense. What the hell bruh?

5 Likes

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by arantess: 5:27pm On Feb 08
This is the 4th person that died while watching that match...
Na wa oo

6 Likes

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Salewa97: 5:27pm On Feb 08
tobenuel:
So 3 persons have died from watching that match. What a coincidence. RIPs

Now 5 people don die.

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by NFBI: 5:27pm On Feb 08
Avoid watching Nigeria match

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mapoly Result Is Out: / Mo Fayose Bags Vice Chancellor's Medal Award From UK University(photos) / 200Level LASU Female Student Dies After Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.