Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON (27395 Views)

University Of Ibadan Non-Academic Staff Celebrate Exit Of Bursar / University Of Ibadan: Our Auditor Went Blind While Working On Accounts - Bursar / Download Sweet Sixteen by Bolaji Abdullahi JAMB 2020 [Compulsory English Novel] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by geoworldedu: 5:46pm On Feb 08
Kenmatt:
That yesterday's match has killed two prominent Nigerians. There could still be more we have not heard.

Even when Nigeria won the match, had it been Nigeria lost to South Africa, who knows how many that would have died on or before now.

But, on a serious note, could this be the sacrifice for the Trophy 🏆 Nigeria is about to lift.
Maybe some Southy died too, you can't tell. Na who sacrifice pass go win sha. grin

2 Likes

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Honestey: 5:46pm On Feb 08
How many people don die for Nigeria on top AFCON self? Even a corper was reportedly died too. Eagles must calm their spirit by bulldozing Ivory Coast to victory on Sunday

1 Like

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Image123(m): 5:47pm On Feb 08
Add it to 1000 ways to die fa. Wow.
Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Teejaney88(m): 5:48pm On Feb 08
Trust me when I said the economy actually killed them. The football match was only a 'scapegoat' here...
AskNgige2:
So Nigeria football victory is now more effective than our lost economy?

2 Likes

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Lance008(m): 5:48pm On Feb 08
NaijaCoverBlog:
This Is The Third Person who lost their Life.

When Watching Nigeria AFCON Yesterday
Which 3rd
He don pass 5
Some news are unsaid
Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Avast(m): 5:49pm On Feb 08
This shows that many people are sick but just because it doesn't weigh us down, we don't seem to care.

Please go for check up from time to time....

2 Likes

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by pcagbaji(m): 5:52pm On Feb 08
Everyday people are dying every minute people are still dying it doesn't mean that everybody that died yesterday was watching football
Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Subonbon(m): 5:54pm On Feb 08
obinna58:
No 3 death, Due to strong hardship they couldn’t contain the little happiness Nigerians sport gave them I am telling you....

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by georgeakins: 5:56pm On Feb 08
Dpharisee:

Valentine's day is already filled up with engagements apart from being a Holy day with commencement of Ash Wednesday, other activities include:

14 Feb is Barcelona vs Real Madrid
14 Feb is PSG vs Bayern
14 Feb is Man City vs Arsenal
So ladies no time for love because men will be busy dat day.
Don't expect him or his gift,
I say make I update you

How much will they now pay you after watching those matches?

We should stop bothering ourselves over things that don't add values to our existence.

Some people are cashing out in dollars while you're in Nigeria getting agitated over nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by franchasofficia: 5:59pm On Feb 08
Immediately referee canceled Osimhen goal and awarded South Africa a penalty, my heart almost stopped pumping that I had to stand up and walk away from the TV before someone joins his ancestors untimely lol

RIP Alhj
Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Bahamas95(m): 6:00pm On Feb 08
Don't attach too much emotions to football, what I do is to divert my attention to something else if things ain't going well for my team.

I am a die hard Chelsea fan but I decided not to watch some of our matches outta anger, the coach and players ain't serious.....I didn't even bother to watch our match last night against Aston Villa, I left the viewing centre after our match with SA.

I was very happy after Nigeria won so I won't allow Chelsea spoil my mood before going to bed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by ViceGovernor: 6:03pm On Feb 08
My own is where did this Op get the scoreline of 4:3 from?

You seem confused sir 😂
Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by BALLOSKI: 6:04pm On Feb 08
Onuimo1:
So how many people has died because of this match. People should resist from attaching too much emotions while watching football games of their favourite teams.
When SA equalized yesterday I have to leave the bar where I was watching the game because I wouldn't want to feel sad 😭 if eventually they had lost.
I didn't even want to know the outcome not until I started hearing people shouting on the street.
You don't tell heart how to react in such a situation. The only way out is to not watch it.
Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by BALLOSKI: 6:04pm On Feb 08
ViceGovernor:
My own is where did this Op get the scoreline of 4:3 from?

You seem confused sir 😂
I tire!

1 Like

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by IMASTEX: 6:08pm On Feb 08
Bacteria8:

This is the 4th death ontop just this one match
angry

I think FG should make hypertension test a compulsory for all citizens...
You're calling on the same government that made many hypertensive in the first place. Been a Nigerian living in Nigeria at the moment is enough reason to have HBP. The state of the economy, insecurity, poor infrastructure, etc is always after the lives of the citizens except those criminals in government.
Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Calitoscassius(m): 6:09pm On Feb 08
More people might die when Naigeeria loses the cup.
Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Greattha: 6:13pm On Feb 08
People still die because of Nigeria match

I watched this particular match as per semi and all but I can't understand the dieing up and down about it.

So if Naija lost, what would've happened?

RIP to the dead.

NaijaCoverBlog:

Source: https://punchng.com/kwara-varsity-deputy-bursar-dies-watching-super-eagles-afcon-semi-finals/

See Previous Thread - https://www.nairaland.com/7994475/adamawa-corper-slumps-dies-while
Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by kmaster007: 6:15pm On Feb 08
I almost have heart attack while watching the match ytday... Dey need to win dis Afcon to honour does who loss deir lives

1 Like

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by chiagozien(m): 6:22pm On Feb 08
Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by godwon01(m): 6:25pm On Feb 08
Anybody with history of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, high blood sugar level should refrain from watching super Eagles match. They should let the match finish and hear the score thereafter. Or they used their medications before the start of the match.
Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Jez9(m): 6:29pm On Feb 08
My BP went High yesterday na small remain I for....God forbid. I just dey drink Water like Cow before I balance small. Na God save me too.

2 Likes

Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by just2endowed: 6:29pm On Feb 08
worldclass68:
I wanted to avoid that penalty shoot out but I intentionally forced/trained myself to accept possible heartbreak and watched every bit....

RIP to the deads...

People with high BP shouldn't be watching that kind of games especially penalty shootouts.

Exactly
Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Ken4Christ: 6:30pm On Feb 08
NaijaCoverBlog:
This Is The Third Person who lost their Life.

When Watching Nigeria AFCON Yesterday

High blood pressure without proper feeding because of the hard time. Why are people dying now watching football? The tension of the match joined with the stress the country has put many people.
Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Jman06(m): 6:35pm On Feb 08
Nigerians don't take their health seriously. These guys that died yesterday during the Nigeria vs South Africa match must have had their blood pressures at rooftop levels but they might not even know they were hypertensive, because I believe that anyone who knows his or her BP condition would avoid activities like tension-filled matches like that of yesterday.

This is why some of us who understand these things keep lamenting about the poor healthcare delivery system in Nigeria and calling our leaders to do the right thing by fixing our healthcare system so that people can readily access good healthcare. Nigerian masses need to join forces and call the government to action!

RIP to the dead
Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by tianshie(m): 6:37pm On Feb 08
People, any time you have similar symptoms when your blood pressure shoots up. Take a walk for at least thirty minutes. Brisk walking and move your arms up and down sharply to move blood down to your limbs away from your heart. SHARE to save a life.
Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by chiboycue: 6:39pm On Feb 08
NaijaCoverBlog:

Source: https://punchng.com/kwara-varsity-deputy-bursar-dies-watching-super-eagles-afcon-semi-finals/

See Previous Thread - https://www.nairaland.com/7994475/adamawa-corper-slumps-dies-while

Nigerian international football matches most especially when they get to penalty kicks is always making our blood pressure to shot up most especially when they loose any penalty kick.
May the lord console his family
Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Deepthoughts: 6:51pm On Feb 08
NaijaCoverBlog:

Nigerians super eagles can sure give somebody hypertension with their sloppy disjointed Play,worse is that agric fowl call iwobi playing like he has cricket legs,me I left after the 1st half, it's only nwabali bobo that is giving us joy abeg,if eventually they win on Sunday,we would be happy as citizens but if they lost,me I wouldn't be sad,I have already condition my mind, make pesin no come collapse with out gain.
Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Lomprico2: 6:53pm On Feb 08
BobbieZion:

Football is not just a game...
It's a tradition.

A religion
Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Exceed15: 6:55pm On Feb 08
So sad. May God comfort his family.
Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by infogeneral: 7:02pm On Feb 08
Anyone with BP issue should be careful while watching a match that involves their favorite team.
Re: Ayuba Abdullahi: Kwara University Deputy Bursar Dies Watching Super Eagles AFCON by Salewa97: 7:03pm On Feb 08
chiagozien:
https://saharareporters.com/2024/02/08/nigerian-businessman-collapses-ivory-coast-stadium-dies-during-super-eagles-match

The particular person relative is my friend.

I was telling my brother during the match that people are going to suffer heart attack from this game and we will get to know the next day.

I had to switch off the TV before the penalty and my heart dey beat fast. Before person go get heart attack watching super eagles.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2017 List Of Universities That Accepts Low JAMB Score (150) For Admission / ASUU ‘Thinking Of Another Strike’ - See Reactions / How Do You Wear Your Bag (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.