Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

PH Refinery To Begin Operations As Shell Supplies 475,000 Barrels Of Oil - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PH Refinery To Begin Operations As Shell Supplies 475,000 Barrels Of Oil (14702 Views)

PH Refinery: Marketers Eye Fuel Price Reduction, Ready To Load / PH Refinery: Community Disputes, Spare Parts Mismatch Threaten Dec Target / Lekki Port Now At 96.65% Completion, To Begin Operations In September 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PH Refinery To Begin Operations As Shell Supplies 475,000 Barrels Of Oil by nairalanda1(m): 2:36pm On Feb 09
taiwog700:
don't allow dem to deceive you

grin

No, I am not allowing anyone to decieve me.

The truth is, when you bring in subsidy, you are in essence telling the petroleum sector that there is free money, whatever they do...even if they do nothing.

Result, the whole place becomes sabotaged.

Niger Republic has a working refinery that exports. They also do not have subsidy . Ghana has two working refineries, and no subsidy...(and yes, they wish they had subsides).

You cannot sell fuel at a loss, and expect there to be no issues...and then you pay a subsidy that barely covers the loss.
Re: PH Refinery To Begin Operations As Shell Supplies 475,000 Barrels Of Oil by merits(m): 2:37pm On Feb 09
ddippset:
For the past 6 months, set to start, set to start, set to start..

That means that when they say it has started, it will start for another 6 months before it will finally start.

Believe them at your own peril.
Re: PH Refinery To Begin Operations As Shell Supplies 475,000 Barrels Of Oil by LaSenior: 2:56pm On Feb 09
nairalanda1:

Well, Shell has said they have supplied, and the refinery has been under repairs, so they should be telling the truth this time....

For me, the real thing is simple....government should let that refinery work at a profit. Simple.
work at profit how, oil producing country with functional refineries sells fuel more cheaper in their country they make more money when the export
Re: PH Refinery To Begin Operations As Shell Supplies 475,000 Barrels Of Oil by Ezekiel2122(m): 3:12pm On Feb 09
ddippset:

That means that when they say it has started, it will start for another 6 months before it will finally start.
Hahaha ha.... LWKMD

1 Like

Re: PH Refinery To Begin Operations As Shell Supplies 475,000 Barrels Of Oil by Larwin(m): 3:17pm On Feb 09
But dangote went for US crude
Re: PH Refinery To Begin Operations As Shell Supplies 475,000 Barrels Of Oil by Rostikol: 3:49pm On Feb 09
ddippset:

SHUT UP AND STOP TALKING RUBBISH.
Re: PH Refinery To Begin Operations As Shell Supplies 475,000 Barrels Of Oil by thedio(m): 3:51pm On Feb 09
I suspect,they intentionally delay Dangote certification for this refinery so that govt can dictate price
Re: PH Refinery To Begin Operations As Shell Supplies 475,000 Barrels Of Oil by nairalanda1(m): 3:57pm On Feb 09
LaSenior:
work at profit how, oil producing country with functional refineries sells fuel more cheaper in their country they make more money when the export

Actually, no.
Re: PH Refinery To Begin Operations As Shell Supplies 475,000 Barrels Of Oil by commoditiesnig: 4:29pm On Feb 09
Re: PH Refinery To Begin Operations As Shell Supplies 475,000 Barrels Of Oil by terrence12(m): 5:04pm On Feb 09
Re: PH Refinery To Begin Operations As Shell Supplies 475,000 Barrels Of Oil by phemray(m): 5:52pm On Feb 09
Mandate2023:
Some ppl said it was all scam that it will never work

Anyone that does not want Nigeria to get better just bcoz tinubu is d president will not succeed in life during tinubu's tenure

Amen!!! God will answer this one you said, but small small for them so that they can see the light las las at the end

Na prayer ooo
Re: PH Refinery To Begin Operations As Shell Supplies 475,000 Barrels Of Oil by Sparrk007(m): 6:21pm On Feb 09
Abeg make PH and Dangote refinery keep this expaination to themselves until we see fuel cool cool

1 Like

Re: PH Refinery To Begin Operations As Shell Supplies 475,000 Barrels Of Oil by pquaver(m): 6:54pm On Feb 09
Mandate2023:
Some ppl said it was all scam that it will never work

Anyone that does not want Nigeria to get better just bcoz tinubu is d president will not succeed in life during tinubu's tenure

I never see such bile filled humans.. Even though 95% are my tribesmen, what baffles me is the Obi most.. Like if he is president for 8 years and Nigeria is like Anambra right now... He and obidients will say Nigeria was a success undet him..? So are aim is Nigeria to be like anambra is right now? Obidients are mad... I rather aspire to be like lagos..

1 Like

Re: PH Refinery To Begin Operations As Shell Supplies 475,000 Barrels Of Oil by Panda7(m): 7:06pm On Feb 09
Problem with refinery is that no journalist will go in there to bring us pictures.
Re: PH Refinery To Begin Operations As Shell Supplies 475,000 Barrels Of Oil by oba541: 7:49pm On Feb 09
Likely only aviation fuel will be available by April, petrol is still rocket science 🤦‍♂️Likely only aviation fuel will be available by April, petrol is still rocket science 🤦‍♂️...
Re: PH Refinery To Begin Operations As Shell Supplies 475,000 Barrels Of Oil by Babalegba(m): 8:15pm On Feb 09
mizBisobo:
OMO MAKE UNA SEE O.

this is not good at all
We will not watch your scam videos.Fork off.
Re: PH Refinery To Begin Operations As Shell Supplies 475,000 Barrels Of Oil by Dsimmer: 11:54pm On Feb 09
Re: PH Refinery To Begin Operations As Shell Supplies 475,000 Barrels Of Oil by ceejay80s(m): 12:30am On Feb 10
badoh:
If govt wants this refinery to operate efficiently, let them invite private investors that can run it efficiently and ensure the staff work for their money instead of working with I don't care attitude.
private like they did to nepa
Re: PH Refinery To Begin Operations As Shell Supplies 475,000 Barrels Of Oil by Abufo: 2:09am On Feb 10
nairalanda1:
NNPC better sell the fuel at a profit, if it wants to see that refinery work well. Which means that the APC government better let that happen.

The minute we NIgeria decided to sell fuel at a loss because subsidy, and put state control over the matter, was the day the refinery originally began to collapse.

Subsidy must go, and fuel price must increase so that the refinery can work, corruption would reduce and sabotage would reduce. Because how else do you stop sabotage and corruption? BY taking away subsidy and thus the free money that comes therein.

Once you remove subsidy totally, the only way money can be made is BY MAKING SUSTAINED YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT PROFIT. And that cannot happen with sabotage, and corruption...the thing would be rooted out straight.

But APC and Nigerians love cheap fuel. If Tinubu reduces fuel to 40 Naira per liter, there would be statues of him all over NIgeria set up, so that we can bring offerings of goats, cows and sheep and fruits...and burn incense (lol, just joking.).

(Sits back and waits for the usual 'You are an oppressor and a tinubu fan' crew to come and quote me, and the Tinubu has removed subsidy, you are lying crew' to join in... grin)

If it were peter obi that removed subsidy now....all the agbados and fake political activists like falana and wole soyinka and those hypocritical kuti brothers will gather at ojota to protest...abi? we know how tribalistic you goons in agbado republik are...........dis one don to turn to a liberal economist now....get da hell outta here!
Re: PH Refinery To Begin Operations As Shell Supplies 475,000 Barrels Of Oil by nairalanda1(m): 6:15am On Feb 10
Abufo:

If it were peter obi that removed subsidy now....all the agbados and fake political activists like falana and wole soyinka and those hypocritical kuti brothers will gather at ojota to protest...abi? we know how tribalistic you goons in agbado republik are...........dis one don to turn to a liberal economist now....get da hell outta here!

If Peter Obi removed subsidy, I would be here to defend him. I had my eyes opened by the GEJ admin in 2011/12. NO going back. Forget politics.

There is a reason why Obi, TInubu and Atiku all said they would remove subsidy. 90% of our income was going for debt servicing as at August 2022. They and their economic advisers knew that, and it scared all three of them. Hence subsidy removal.

Obi has been a long term supporter of subsidy removal. He supported it when Tinubu was busy joining hands with Bubu to march against it in 2012.

Also, subsidy removal is necessary to attract investment. If it is not there, no investor would come.

And anyway, TInubu has not removed subsidy at all...he did a total removal at first, then made it partial by October last year.
Re: PH Refinery To Begin Operations As Shell Supplies 475,000 Barrels Of Oil by sharpchap: 2:34pm On Feb 10
heeeeeey!!!! oil deal don come ooo!!!!. make I contact my guys. which refinery? dem go sell this oil.
Re: PH Refinery To Begin Operations As Shell Supplies 475,000 Barrels Of Oil by Lifemanage: 7:26am On Apr 24
Lifemanage:

Govt of propaganda. Them too good in propaganda....haba
2 months after

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Charly Boy Should Be Arrested" - Mustapha Yamusa Rigasa, Kaduna Journalist / Saraki Meets PDP Delegates In Rivers (Photos) / No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.