Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,607 members, 7,816,508 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) (27459 Views)

What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) / What Did You Cook Today? / How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by FinestPINACLE(f): 7:07pm On Feb 27
EreluRoz:
I don't think it'll smell nice.

Nne you and food ehn.

Okwulu okarisia Nneoma
Honestly the smell will surely put one off. Ewwwww

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by imagrg(m): 7:09pm On Feb 27
See what poverty has reduced some people to.

Very soon we shall be frying eggs with Vaseline. grin
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 7:14pm On Feb 27
ImoleNaija:

Did the food blogger eat what she made in the video?

She did.
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by Guest911: 7:15pm On Feb 27
mariahAngel:
I watched a food blogger fry her eggs with unrefined Shea butter, and it looked really nice and golden, then I thought to myself this actually isn't such a bad idea, after all Shea butter is gotten from Shea nuts, rich in nutrients, and is bound to be healthy, since it melts at body temperature. Hmm! πŸ€”

I dare say it can even give butter (animal fat) a run for its money. 😌
Shea butter should even be considered edible first, before any other use.

If I could get freshly made food grade Shea butter, I'd be very willing to try it.

Can you cook your meals with Shea butter?
Would you be willing to eat a meal cooked with Shea butter?

Pictures' source: Google.
Don’t know about that Mariah . Is it actually healthy? Is it cost effective ?

1 Like

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by Ignatio(m): 7:19pm On Feb 27
ojun50:

Yr preeq go catch fire

Big lie. Used it to Bleep my girl.
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by tonicyril: 7:42pm On Feb 27
mariahAngel:

It sure wasn't popular.

Coconut oil? How is it different?
the making is different

1 Like

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 7:44pm On Feb 27
Guest911:

Don’t know about that Mariah . Is it actually healthy? Is it cost effective ?

Healthy? Probably, since it melts at body temperature (which means, it most likely won't clog the arteries)
Cost effective? Probably not. cheesy
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 7:46pm On Feb 27
tonicyril:
the making is different

It depends how you mean.

There are different ways to extract coconut oil.
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by tonicyril: 8:01pm On Feb 27
mariahAngel:

It depends how you mean.

There are different ways to extract coconut oil.
some oil are black(they are the real adin which our mothers used in plaiting hairs)

And there are some oil(the edible one good for cooking)
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by LeeSmart: 8:14pm On Feb 27
FinidiGeorge:
shocked shocked truth or fiction cheesy grin cheesy
No jokes sir/ma'am

1 Like

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by Salubata(m): 8:39pm On Feb 27
We make use of Shea butter well then.

It's good for eating "Egbo"

Very sweet, it doesn't smell online what we're having these days
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by Bfly: 9:10pm On Feb 27
Na palm kernel oil next, hunger fit make you try anything.
As I heard hunger during the civil was the reason a one region started eating different leaves today.
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by SHIVA001: 9:38pm On Feb 27
VeryWickedMan:
I will test it on my preeq first.
This guy is always giving me Joy on naira land. You are a genius
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by SaLongs1(m): 10:17pm On Feb 27
mariahAngel:
I watched a food blogger fry her eggs with unrefined Shea butter, and it looked really nice and golden, then I thought to myself this actually isn't such a bad idea, after all Shea butter is gotten from Shea nuts, rich in nutrients, and is bound to be healthy, since it melts at body temperature. Hmm! πŸ€”

If I could get freshly made food grade Shea butter, I'd be very willing to try it.

Yes you can comfortably cook any dish you fancy with Shea butter instead of other oils. It has a strong taste but otherwise very healthy.
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by Probz(m): 10:20pm On Feb 27
Let’s not.
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by Guest911: 11:44pm On Feb 27
mariahAngel:

Healthy? Probably, since it melts at body temperature (which means, it most likely won't clog the arteries)
Cost effective? Probably not. cheesy
Yeah, things are expensive so a visit to the doctor should be avoided at all cost .
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by Kobojunkie: 11:47pm On Feb 27
imagrg:
See what poverty has reduced some people to.
Very soon we shall be frying eggs with Vaseline. grin
Vaseline is a by product of crude oil manufacturing. How does it compare to plant based oils such as Coconut, palm oil and shea butter for Pete's sake. undecided
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by elitper: 5:38am On Feb 28
Shea butter was actually meant for cooking, until it became a skincare rave some 20 years ago. We grew up eating food cooked with it. It was thought to be inferior to other cooking oils though. Ask anyone from Oke Ogun area of Oyo State
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by toyobabie: 7:48am On Feb 28
It's people like you that used to rub groundnut oil as cream to primary school then. Be shining on the assembly ground as if they were polished.
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by Mazzatov: 9:10am On Feb 28
elitper:
Shea butter was actually meant for cooking, until it became a skincare rave some 20 years ago. We grew up eating food cooked with it. It was thought to be inferior to other cooking oils though. Ask anyone from Oke Ogun area of Oyo State

Yes you right, oke ogun people use to cook a lot
My first time in Saki, I learnt that is what deh use to cook, it is a normal thing there to use instead of all this ground nut oil
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by barag(f): 2:08pm On Feb 28
mariahAngel:

I've never tried it but I know someone who cooks with it although not everytime.

1 Like

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by JoeEeL(m): 2:40pm On Feb 28
mariahAngel:

It'll surprise you to know that Shea butter is even a bit more expensive sef. cheesy

Ah! πŸ˜€
Are you serious?

hmmn
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by raphy(m): 2:58pm On Feb 28
Something wey we de rub for body don turn to food ingredients

Not me . Please
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by Calylove: 5:32pm On Feb 28
While shea butter is primarily known for its use in skincare and cosmetic products, it is not commonly used as a cooking ingredient. Shea butter is derived from the nuts of the shea tree and is rich in fatty acids. It is often used in various beauty products due to its moisturizing and nourishing properties for the skin and hair.

In some African countries, shea butter is occasionally used in traditional cooking, particularly in certain regional dishes. However, it's important to note that the shea butter used for skincare is typically processed differently than the one used in cooking.

If you are interested in incorporating shea butter into your cooking, it's advisable to use shea butter specifically labeled as food-grade. Additionally, it's crucial to be aware that shea butter has a distinctive flavor that may not suit all types of dishes. It is not a common cooking oil and is not used as a substitute for regular cooking oils like olive oil or vegetable oil.

Always check the product labels and guidelines to ensure that the shea butter you intend to use is safe for consumption. If you're unsure or have specific dietary concerns, it's recommended to consult with a nutritionist or culinary expert for guidance on suitable cooking oils and ingredients for your meals.

See my signature.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups / How To Make Goat Meat Stew / 4 Delicious Soups To Relish When In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.