Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,600 members, 7,816,492 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) (27458 Views)

What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) / What Did You Cook Today? / How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by Benjaniblinks(m): 4:46pm On Feb 27
undecided
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 4:49pm On Feb 27
I will pass. I can't stand the smell of shea butter.
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by Emeka71(m): 4:49pm On Feb 27
JayPeeOham:

The smell from ordinary shea butter sef is enough to make me puke talk more of cooking with it, na suicide be that one ooh!

Thank God for Jimpo Ori for coming through with the perfumed Ori with a fine smell that can comfortably pass for air freshener πŸ˜€
I can use shea -butter to make stew.

1 Like

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by kkins25(m): 4:49pm On Feb 27
mariahAngel:

Wtf what?

Do you know coconut oil (adi agbon) was once known (and used mainly) as skin oil before people (Nigerians) started using it as cooking oil? Premium oil sef.

I bet you'd so enjoy food cooked with Shea butter, you wouldn't even notice.

I doubt.. Coconut oil has been used as cooking oil long long and by many cultures..
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by JoeEeL(m): 4:50pm On Feb 27
Are u sure ure not dribbling urself thinking ure dribbling us?

Shea butter ko, Alan Shearer ni.

Dey pretend like say no be Tinubu hard knock economy na hin dey make you find cheaper ways of survival.

One naija 4 life!
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by dnawah(m): 4:50pm On Feb 27
mariahAngel:
I watched a food blogger fry her eggs with unrefined Shea butter, and it looked really nice and golden, then I thought to myself this actually isn't such a bad idea, after all Shea butter is gotten from Shea nuts, rich in nutrients, and is bound to be healthy, since it melts at body temperature. Hmm! πŸ€”

I dare say it can even give butter (animal fat) a run for its money. 😌
Shea butter should even be considered edible first, before any other use.

If I could get freshly made food grade Shea butter, I'd be very willing to try it.

Can you cook your meals with Shea butter?
Would you be willing to eat a meal cooked with Shea butter?

Pictures' source: Google.
them say e dey do low blood pressure.we dey use am for Ghana since.
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by BigYash: 4:52pm On Feb 27
Its not all about how good it looks in your eyes o,the major thing is if it good for your health?
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by seanery: 4:55pm On Feb 27
I seconded.

Been using it to grace the honeypot for 8yrs now.

BBIA:

Shea butter is better than Vaseline on the preeq cool
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by AllenSpencer: 5:03pm On Feb 27
Nivea is better
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by NuhuAjang71(m): 5:07pm On Feb 27
I do eat my food with Shea butter.
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by flokii: 5:10pm On Feb 27
I'll stick with vegetable oil.
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by Badguy77(m): 5:12pm On Feb 27
How I go use ori
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by enemyofprogress: 5:15pm On Feb 27
Chair butter is what I use to to fry all my foods. Very healthy and delicious

Today is international
Witchcraft day. Appreciate any witch you know
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by ViceGovernor: 5:18pm On Feb 27
We dey take am chop bread for boarding school then 😌.
Very delicious poison πŸ˜‹
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by Chasito(m): 5:21pm On Feb 27
@op, this woman you too like food wella, e be like say I go come holidays for your house cheesy
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by biyams(m): 5:24pm On Feb 27
yes of course... people in my state do cook with it for long, but there's a slight difference in how the shea butter for cooking is prepared with the regular ones people rub on skin... they're not thesame.
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by tnerro1(m): 5:29pm On Feb 27
VeryWickedMan:
I will test it on my preeq first.

Nothing Musa no go see for gate

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by Entanglement: 5:31pm On Feb 27
VeryWickedMan:
I will test it on my preeq first.
why are you exposing our secret?

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by JayPeeOham: 5:48pm On Feb 27
Emeka71:
I can use shea -butter to make stew.

You mean .... What? I don't think I wanna taste such concoction ooh shocked
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by tonicyril: 6:01pm On Feb 27
mariahAngel:

Wtf what?

Do you know coconut oil (adi agbon) was once known (and used mainly) as skin oil before people (Nigerians) started using it as cooking oil? Premium oil sef.

I bet you'd so enjoy food cooked with Shea butter, you wouldn't even notice.
But Adin is different from oil na
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by tsmith(f): 6:12pm On Feb 27
mariahAngel:
I watched a food blogger fry her eggs with unrefined Shea butter, and it looked really nice and golden, then I thought to myself this actually isn't such a bad idea, after all Shea butter is gotten from Shea nuts, rich in nutrients, and is bound to be healthy, since it melts at body temperature. Hmm! πŸ€”

If I could get freshly made food grade Shea butter, I'd be very willing to try it.

I remember as a child my stepmom and cook tried frying eggs with adi agbon (coconut oil) and the whole house rejected the food.

Sheabutter even as a topical cream doesn’t have a pleasant smell, i would imagine that smell will also transfer to the food and make it unpalatable.

I guess when one is used to a particular taste and expectation anything different would need getting used to. But to each his own, especially these hard times wey crayfish bend so

2 Likes

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by themanderon: 6:17pm On Feb 27
How is the egg going to taste with that horrible smell of Shea butter?
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by nigeriansamurai(m): 6:37pm On Feb 27
Its healthier than palmoil
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by izubext007: 6:44pm On Feb 27
Mark the current hardship no make u use wetin go block ur heart πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ€— πŸ€—πŸ€—

1 Like

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by Kobojunkie: 6:44pm On Feb 27
leadinggists:
Wtf
My mum used to heat it up and give it us to drink when we were kids, kind of same as she used to give us seven seas oil back then too. I wonder if she believed it contained omega 3 oils or something. Anyways, point it Shea butter oil is very much edible like all other oils so why not. undecided

1 Like

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by Raylight2(m): 6:49pm On Feb 27
mariahAngel:

With #150, you can still get vegetable oil please.
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by FinidiGeorge: 6:51pm On Feb 27
LeeSmart:
Wanted to impress wifey with my cooking skills, used shea butter to make jellof rice. Long story short, wifey spent 2days in the hospital since then nothing dey carry me near kitchen.
shocked shocked truth or fiction cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 6:52pm On Feb 27
JoeEeL:
Are u sure ure not dribbling urself thinking ure dribbling us?

Shea butter ko, Alan Shearer ni.

Dey pretend like say no be Tinubu hard knock economy na hin dey make you find cheaper ways of survival.

One naija 4 life!

It'll surprise you to know that Shea butter is even a bit more expensive sef. cheesy

ViceGovernor:
We dey take am chop bread for boarding school then 😌.
Very delicious poison πŸ˜‹

Ah! πŸ˜€
Are you serious?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 6:53pm On Feb 27
LeeSmart:
Wanted to impress wifey with my cooking skills, used shea butter to make jellof rice. Long story short, wifey spent 2days in the hospital since then nothing dey carry me near kitchen.

I don't think Shea butter was the cause though.

Raylight2:

With #150, you can still get vegetable oil please.

It's more about trying something different.

themanderon:
How is the egg going to taste with that horrible smell of Shea butter?

Interesting probably. πŸ˜€
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by ViceGovernor: 6:56pm On Feb 27
mariahAngel:

Ah! πŸ˜€
Are you serious?
I'm very serious.

We usually have bread and tea on Sunday morning, the first choice is the real butter if you don't have that you can go for avocado πŸ₯‘ , if you can't get that there's always abundant shear butter in the hostel.

So many poisonous things I've eaten it's a miracle I'm still alive

1 Like

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 6:58pm On Feb 27
ViceGovernor:

I'm very serious.

We usually have bread and tea on Sunday morning, the first choice is the real butter if you don't have that you can go for avocado πŸ₯‘ , if you can't get that there's always abundant shear butter in the hostel.

So many poisonous things I've eaten it's a miracle I'm still alive

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 7:02pm On Feb 27
kkins25:

I doubt.. Coconut oil has been used as cooking oil long long and by many cultures..

It sure wasn't popular.

tonicyril:
But Adin is different from oil na

Coconut oil? How is it different?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups / How To Make Goat Meat Stew / 4 Delicious Soups To Relish When In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.