Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,194 members, 7,849,702 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:16 AM

Iwobi And Osimhen Must Up Their Game To Avoid A Bitter Loss To The Ivorians! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iwobi And Osimhen Must Up Their Game To Avoid A Bitter Loss To The Ivorians! (163 Views)

Photo Of Alex Iwobi And Terem Moffi's Fathers At UNN In 1985 / Alex Iwobi And Kelechi Iheanacho Named Players Of The Year For Their Clubs / Mikel Obi , Alex Iwobi And William ‏react After Today's Match - Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Iwobi And Osimhen Must Up Their Game To Avoid A Bitter Loss To The Ivorians! by Daejumong(m): 11:27pm On Feb 09
Osimhen needs to rediscover his deadly form which won Napoli the title. He has uncharacteristically wasted too many chances, especially headers ,which is one his major strengths. This is not surprising though as his form has kind of dipped since Spalleti left Napoli and I think the contract issues also affected him mentally. He needs a psychologist to work on him before the final. We need his world class finishing in addition to his positive aggression which makes defenders panic. I also believe if after 75 mins, he is yet to score , Moffi should be called in as replacement.
Iwobi also needs to up his game in the middle of the pack. Angola and South Africa figured out he is the weak link in the team and all tried to play through the middle. His lack of industry has unfortunately overworked Frank the tank who has by miles been our best midfielder.
Iwobi needs to step up to what he was at Everton where he was more of a defensive midfielder. His replacement Alhassan just like Sani Keita at the World Cup 2010, is a good player but seem to have this momentary rush of blood when under pressure and make grave mistakes that hurts the team. He had no business kicking Percy Tau in the box. I won’t be playing him in the final because of the emotional scars from that mistake. I will rather replace Iwobi with Onyedika if he fails to sparkle.
A midfield of Kessie, Seri and Fofana is on paper very strong . It will be a tough match.
I have a strong feeling that Snr Man will do an ‘Amuneke’ in this final and give us the victory!
Re: Iwobi And Osimhen Must Up Their Game To Avoid A Bitter Loss To The Ivorians! by iamtardey: 12:01am On Feb 10
Lol the Ivorians have no chance against Us okay…
Re: Iwobi And Osimhen Must Up Their Game To Avoid A Bitter Loss To The Ivorians! by otipoju(m): 1:01am On Feb 10
Nobody is giving through pass to Oshimen, that is why he is struggling.

They need to play 2 defensive midfielders. One to stay, one to do box to box playing and then play Kelechi as a Central midfielder. He is attack minded.

Moffi will do a better job as a winger than Moses who has sworn not to pass the ball to Oshimen. A forward trio of Moffi Oshimen and Lookman will bring at least 3 goals with Kelechi to supply through pass.

Iwobi two legs have been tied together and he can't stretch either one at all wether to pass,tackle or intercept. He is killing us.

A Chidozie Awaziem on the left or right is better than.Zaidu.

(1) (Reply)

Former Malawian Goalkeeper, Charles Swini Is Dead / Victor Osimhen Told Me I Will Win The Bundesliga – Declares Victor Boniface / Brazil’s Legend Romario 58, Plans Surprise Comeback

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.